Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
A manual vegetable grater is at first glance a simple tool that is present in the kitchen of every housewife. But the modern assortment of shredders and shredders is so large that it is easy to get lost among the mass of various offers. To make your choice easier, we have compiled a rating in which we have collected the most popular models of vegetable cutters according to the opinions of experts and buyers.
- How to choose the best vegetable grater
- Care rules
- Rating of the best graters for vegetables
- Joseph joseph spiro
- Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”
- Regent Inox “Presto”, Non-stick coated, height 23 cm
- Augustin Welz “, 4 nozzles
- Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1, 20104
- Regent Inox “Presto” square, with container, 15 cm
- Single-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”
- Borner Baby-Grater light green
- Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721
How to choose the best vegetable grater
- Manufacturing material. Metal, plastic, wood, ceramics. The most practical option is a stainless steel cutting surface. But the body and the handle can be plastic, but it is important that the plastic is food grade.
- Purpose. Multifunctionality or cutting a specific product (Korean carrots, onion rings, lemon peel). Specialized (also called professional) vegetable cutters have one, most often a flat cutting surface. Universal hand-type graters can have a square, rectangular, hexagonal or pyramidal shape, with attachments for fine, coarse cutting, shredding, puréing.
- The convenience of use. Anti-slip coating on the handle and base of the product. Some models have containers designed for storing sharp cutting elements and slicing vegetables. The width of the cutting surface should be no more than 10 cm.
- It is forbidden to dip graters in boiling water so as not to damage the coating;
- Do not use abrasive cleaning materials;
- If the blades and plastic elements darken or stain, you can wipe the surface with vinegar or lemon juice;
- You should not store vegetable cutters in the immediate vicinity of objects that corrode;
- It is better to clean the surface immediately after use, wiping all parts dry;
- Almost all graters can be washed in the upper part of the dishwasher, at a temperature not exceeding 65 ° C.
Rating of the best graters for vegetables
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best graters for vegetables||1||Joseph Joseph “Spiro” Three Blades||RUB 1,800|
|2||Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”||RUB 875|
|3||Regent Inox Presto||RUB 539|
|4||Augustin Welz, 4 tips||RUB 900|
|5||Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1||RUB 1,970|
|6||Regent Inox “Presto” tetrahedral||321 RUB|
|7||Single-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”||RUB 250|
|8||Borner Baby-Grater light green||323 r|
|9||Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721||191 r|
Joseph joseph spiro
Spilizer Joseph Joseph “Spiro” tops the list of the best vegetable graters. The spiral attachment allows you to get thin spiral noodles, opening up interesting possibilities for cooking and decorating dishes. The spilizer comes with one large, one medium attachment, a cheese chopper and a small but roomy container.
The practical grip handle makes it easy to hold the grater on the table. All nozzles are hidden inside the container, measuring 16 x 7.8 x 7.8 mm. Production material: stainless steel, ABC, polypropylene, thermoplastic rubber, SAN.
- Cuts vegetables into thin and long spiral strips;
- Knives are stored in containers;
- 3 cutting attachments;
- Safety in use;
- It is used for small and large root crops.
- Hard, raw vegetables are difficult to grate;
- For portioned use only.
Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”
Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor” – the hand grater-rotor takes the second line of our rating. It is completed with two sharp attachments with the possibility of coarse and fine grinding. The special design allows crumbling food directly above the dish. The rotor body, fruit holder and handle are acrylic. Stainless steel cutting elements are ultra-sharp and sharpened using a new special chemical etching technology.
Thanks to its small size, the 'mini rotor' fits easily in every kitchen. All parts are disassembled and washed in a dishwasher at a temperature not exceeding 65 ° C. The Augustin Welz brand hails from the UK and is assembled in China. Dimensions: height – 10 cm, width – 19 cm.
- Mini rotor for chopping hard and soft vegetables;
- Compact design;
- Very sharp cutting tips;
- Small size;
- Suitable only for portioned rubbing.
Regent Inox “Presto”, Non-stick coated, height 23 cm
On the 3rd line of the rating is the 4-sided Regent Inox “Presto” with a non-stick sliding coating. The cutting blade is made of stainless steel. The top is coated with a special anti-stick coating, which is designed to ensure smooth shredding of vegetables without sticking to the surface. Non-stick also creates a protective film, so that vegetables do not come into contact with metal and all useful elements are retained in them.
The Regent Inox “Presto” has four sharp nozzles on each side – fine, coarse, shredder and shredder. Silicone protector on base and handle prevents movement on the table and protects kitchen surfaces from scratches. The product is allowed to be washed in the dishwasher, but some buyers note that this causes the Non-stick coating to chip over time.
- Anti-stick effect;
- 5 types of blades in one product;
- High level of security;
- Lightly grating hard vegetables.
- The coating may chip off;
- Sometimes the gum at the base flakes off.
Augustin Welz “, 4 nozzles
Augustin Welz 4 in 1 is in the 4th place in our popularity rating among manual vegetable cutters. The Augustin Welz comes with a plastic fruit holder, a container and four cutting blades. The attachments are made of non-oxidizing stainless steel that does not emit harmful substances that give food an unpleasant taste. The body is made of food-grade plastic. Anti-slip silicone pads help to keep the grater on kitchen surface.
The blade attachments can be stored directly inside the grater body, and the special grooves on the sides are useful when placing the grater on dishes of different diameters. All parts are disassembled, cleaned and washed by hand or in a dishwasher.
Grater dimensions: 29 x 12 x 5 cm.Diameter of the container: 28 x 12.5 x 5.5 cm.
- Grater with four nozzles;
- Container for storing vegetables and baits;
- Slots for placing on dishes.
- Not found.
Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1, 20104
We placed Joseph Joseph “Prism Box” on the fifth line in the ranking. This grater is a multifunctional combination of attachments for various vegetables. The “Prism Box” has a pyramidal shape and provides four steel blades – large, small, very small, stars.
A pyramidal plastic container with a tight lid is intended for rubbing and subsequent preservation of grated products; can serve as a lunch box and knife storage tray. Due to its compactness, the grater takes up a minimum amount of space in the kitchen cabinet.
The anti-slip handle reduces the risk of injury while using the Prism Box. The bottom of the container is also equipped with a non-slip base.
Country of origin: China.
Dimensions: 5.5 x 15.5 x 19 cm, weight: 335 g.
- 4 in 1 grater with container;
- Anti-slip coating;
- Storage of tips in a container.
- Not found.
Regent Inox “Presto” square, with container, 15 cm
We ranked 6th in the Regent Inox “Presto” ranking. The four-sided grater with a 200-gram plastic container is made of stainless steel and is designed for portionwise chopping of small-sized vegetables.
The model has a fairly compact size (15 x 8.5 x 6 cm) and comes with a plastic container (9 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm) with divisions in different measuring units. The container attaches tightly to the grater, allowing food to be chopped directly above it. But sometimes, due to the high adhesion, the products can crumble when removing the grater from the base. The plastic handle and the non-slip 'feet' surface make the float comfortable to use on any surface.
- 4 sharp cutting knives;
- Ergonomic container;
- Practical handle;
- Sharp shredders;
- Small size;
- Difficulty opening the container.
Single-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”
Moulinvilla “Masterclass” was ranked 7th in the ranking of the best vegetable graters. The Moulinvilla brand develops original design solutions. The mission of the company is convenience in cooking and decoration of the kitchen.
The single-sided Moulinvilla “Masterclass” is made of stainless steel and has only one fine blade. Professional sharpening ensures that the grater does not dull even after repeated use. A hanging loop is provided for easy storage. Size: 270 x 58 x 10mm. Working area diameter: 8 x 8 cm. The product is made in China.
- Has one sharp, finely cut blade;
- Compact one-sided grater;
- Does not dull after repeated use.
- Not found.
Borner Baby-Grater light green
The BORNER vegetable cutter rightfully takes the penultimate, 8th place in the ranking of the best graters for vegetables. Vegetable cutters from BORNER have been in great demand among customers for more than 30 years.
The absence of metallic elements makes the Baby-Grater an ideal companion for preparing baby food. Manufacturing material – food grade plastic, which is shock-resistant.
The grater has two sides: one for coarse shavings, the other for puréing. “Baby-Grater” does not crush products, but grinds them, so that all the useful vitamins are preserved.
The manufacturer claims that to clean the grater, it is enough to knock it on the table several times, but buyers note that particles can get stuck in the teeth, which must be removed by hand.
Borner Baby-Grater size: 24.5 x 10 x 1.5 cm. Country of origin: Germany.
- Food grade shockproof plastic;
- Used to prepare baby food;
- Two sides for puree and coarse cuts.
- There are difficulties with cleaning small parts of the grater;
- You need to make an effort when rubbing raw vegetables.
Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721
The last place in the ranking goes to the Attribute “Viva Gray-Green” mirror hex grater in stainless steel. The silicone feet provide great stability when handling food, and the handle helps keep the cutter on the surface.
The main advantage of Attribute “Viva Gray-Green” is its high stability on the base and the presence of six different attachments for grinding raw and cooked vegetables. The grater is easy to care for: just rinse with warm water after use and wipe with a dry, clean cloth.
- Low cost;
- 6 blades for vegetables;
- High stability on the working surface;
- Mirror stainless steel.
- Not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.