Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Many domestic beer lovers dream of their own production of this popular foamy drink. The craving for a live product is especially pronounced in the warm season, as well as when watching sports events with friends. The best way to make beer at home is to buy special equipment. On the domestic market, affordable mini-breweries have appeared, with the help of which you can satisfy your need for light alcohol. Before choosing the right model, it does not hurt to study the valuable advice of experts.
- How to choose a mini-brewery for your home
- Rating of the best home breweries
- Best breweries for beginners
- BeerMachine DeLuxe 2008 Expert
- Inpinto Bar and Pub
- Mr.Beer Super Cup
- BeerMachine 2000
- The best professional home breweries
- Grainfather Brewery 30
- Braumeister 20
- Bavaria 50 L
- Beer Zavodik Premium / Luxe
How to choose a mini-brewery for your home
- Budget. Many breweries are imported to our country from abroad, so the price of them bites. Some manufacturers managed to set up assembly in Russia, their products became more attractive. Already with a minimum amount (5000 rubles), you can go to the store or place an order via the Internet.
- Tank capacity. For home brewing of beer, huge installations are not required that generate a hoppy drink in decalitres. Most often, users have enough volume of 10 liters, but if large companies are going, then you can choose an apparatus with a tank of 30-50 liters.
- Equipment. It is quite difficult for a novice brewer to follow all technological operations and monitor the fermentation process. Therefore, preference should be given to equipment with a complete set of all controls, with the ingredients necessary for the first batch and clear instructions.
- The cleanliness of the brewery. After each brewing of beer, an environment is left in the equipment that is ideal for the development of pathogenic flora. The zealous owner should immediately clean up the brewery. Therefore, the presence of cleaning agents in the kit with the equipment will be of great help to the owner.
- Malt or extract. Two technologies are used for brewing beer.
- Malt extract is a dehydrated wort evaporated to dryness or liquid syrup. After adding water, a finished wort is obtained with the specified parameters. That is, the manufacturer of the extract has already decided for the user, according to which recipe the foamy drink will be prepared. Most often, home breweries are based on the extract technology.
- Barley malt has been a must-have ingredient in Germany since 1516. Today, there are fewer and fewer beer purity law advocates, so malt can be made from wheat and rye. This technology allows you to be creative in the process by adding crushed grains, berries, fruits, herbs and other components. But saccharifying malt at home is a laborious operation that requires patience and care. Therefore, the grain brewery is suitable for real gourmets.
We have selected 9 of the best home breweries for our review. All of them are sold in the trade network of our country. When compiling the rating, the opinion of the expert community and the reviews of amateur brewers were taken into account.
Rating of the best home breweries
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best breweries for beginners||1||BeerMachine DeLuxe 2008 Expert||RUB 14 490|
|2||Inpinto Bar and Pub||RUB 24 900|
|3||Mr.Beer Super Cup||RUB 9,990|
|4||BeerMachine 2000||RUB 9 870|
|The best professional home breweries||1||Grainfather Brewery 30||RUB 59 800|
|2||Braumeister 20||RUB 178,900|
|3||Bavaria 50 L||RUB 41 800|
|5||Beer Zavodik Premium / Luxe||RUB 10 380|
Best breweries for beginners
The easiest way for newcomers to brewing is to prepare a frothy drink in miniature combines. Be aware that the beer is top-fermented and tastes like stout, porter and ale. Experts recommend that aspiring brewers pay attention to the following models.
BeerMachine DeLuxe 2008 Expert
The brewery manufacturer BeerMachine DeLuxe 2008 Expert began its work under the motto: “Let's brew our beer!” The Americans have clearly succeeded in this direction. The kit contains everything you need for a beginner to take the first step towards the honorary title of an expert in brewing. Opening the package, the user will find a keg, malt extract (10 L), hops, yeast, and a disc with detailed assembly instructions. To monitor the fermentation process, there is a thermometer, hydrometer and graduated cylinder. After making 9 liters of beer, the user will have to pour it into ceramic bottles, and then clean the device.
The owners note the light taste of real live beer, the ease of preparation and cleaning of the brewery. The equipment ranks first in our ranking.
- full set of equipment;
- assembly and operating instructions;
- measuring instruments;
- quality workmanship.
- not detected.
Inpinto Bar and Pub
The well-thought-out design of the Czech brewery Inpinto Bar and Pub makes it easy to prepare a foamy drink at home. The plastic barrel with a capacity of 9 liters is effectively decorated with an oak look. A distinctive feature of the technology is natural carbonation. The kit includes a liquid extract, glass bottles, crown caps, and a seaming machine. Potential buyers may prefer the leader of the rating due to the shorter cooking times. Czech technology provides for wort aging for 4-21 days (for competitors, 3-10 days).
Experts pay attention to the icemaker, which allows you to get not only beer, but also stronger drinks. The equipment is carefully made and will last for many years.
- bottle sealer;
- portable icemaker;
- 18 glass bottles with corks;
- detailed instructions in Russian.
- long aging of the wort.
Mr.Beer Super Cup
The American manufacturer took care not only of making delicious beer, but also of a pleasant pastime. In the Mr. Beer Super Cup brewery, a Beer Pong game is supplied with the equipment. While tasting fresh beer, you can usefully relax with friends. For a trial run of the brewery, the manufacturer packed in all the ingredients needed, from the malt extract to the cleaning agent. You can get acquainted with the step-by-step technology in detail with the instruction on the DVD. The finished product can be immediately poured into branded glasses or ceramic bottles.
Users speak flatteringly about the simplicity of the design, elementary technology, and an interesting game included. The model is in the top three of our rating.
- stylish design;
- neat assembly;
- detailed technology;
- affordable price.
- long cooking time of the syrup.
Another brewery from America made it into our rating. The BeerMachine 2000 model consists of a 10-liter barrel with a tap, a carbonation unit, and a pressure gauge. The safety valve is responsible for the safety of the process. To start the fermentation process, the manufacturer applies a malt mixture, yeast, three cans of carbon dioxide. Artificial carbonation limits the cooking time to 3-10 days. The equipment weighs only 2 kg.
Novice brewers quickly master brewing technology, as evidenced by consumer reviews. They include an affordable price, high-quality workmanship and ease of use to the pluses. Users consider the absence of native mixtures in the Russian retail chain as a clear disadvantage, which is why beginners have problems with brewing.
- ease of use;
- affordable price;
- light weight;
- high-quality assembly.
- no mixes for sale.
The best professional home breweries
To brew large volumes of different types of beer, you will have to look at professional devices. In addition, there are real malt breweries in this category that are capable of preparing a hoppy gourmet drink. Experts noted the successful design of the following systems.
Grainfather Brewery 30
The Grainfather 30 brewing equipment is designed for home brewing professionals. The model is made in the All-In-One format (all in one). Experts note the full production cycle, from mashing the malt to the disinfection of the system. To maintain the set temperature level, the manufacturer has equipped the brewery with an electric heating element, a circulation pump, and a counter-current cooler. The tank body is made of stainless steel and the lid is made of tempered glass. The equipment can be controlled remotely thanks to the option Bluetooth.
Users note the excellent taste of a grain beer made in a New Zealand brewery. The technology worked out to perfection makes it possible to produce up to 30 liters of beer. The equipment becomes the winner of our rating.
- simple technology;
- quality materials;
- full production cycle;
- remote control.
- not found.
The Braumeister 20 equipment allows to obtain high-quality beer with minimal hassle. The German manufacturer has fully automated the process, the user needs to enter the technological parameters in accordance with the selected recipe. The brewery has its own control system, so the owner will only have to wait for the end of all stages of preparation. High-quality assembly and long-term performance are additional factors for buying this expensive model. It was for the high price that the experts put the brewery in second place in the rating.
The owners liked the assembly of the model, the use of food grade stainless steel, the availability of software. Users agree in their opinions, calling the equipment a model for home brewing.
- full automation of the process;
- quality materials;
- economical energy consumption;
- continuous monitoring.
- high price.
Bavaria 50 L
The Bavaria 50 L brewery is capable of providing visitors to a small pub with a foamy drink. The working cycle time ranges from 4-5 hours, and the volume of the wort boiler is 50 liters. The German development is being assembled in Russia, so the price is quite attractive for potential buyers. At the same time, experts note the decent quality of the equipment, all the seams on the outside are made neatly. The tank is heated using electric heaters. Automation works well, the user only needs to set the required parameters.
You can set up control of the machine through the mobile application thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi adapter. The equipment also has design flaws, often silicone flies off the legs.
- process automation;
- temperature control;
- affordable price;
- fast heating.
- the heating element control unit breaks down.
The iBREW electric brewery is being sold at the most affordable price. It is equipped with a built-in disc heating element, a wort cooler, a digital controller, and a circulation pump. The body of the equipment is made of food grade stainless steel, with a drain valve embedded in it. All stages of brewing take place in one container, the automation independently regulates the temperature of the malt, turns on the pump or cooler. Experts note the presence of a special filter mesh, thanks to which the beer is obtained clean.
The model ranks fourth in our ranking. Users are quite wary of overflow through the center pipe, the level of automation is also limited. Low price remains an attractive factor.
- auto mode;
- food stainless steel;
- mesh filter.
- unfinished design.
Beer Zavodik Premium / Luxe
A large number of beers can be brewed in the professional Beer Zavodik Premium / Luxe brewery. The equipment is intended both for home use and for commercial purposes. Experts have included the brewery in our rating for the ease of preparation. After the purchase, the user just needs to collect the equipment, pour in water, add malt extract, yeast and leave to ferment. The whole process takes 10 days, after which the beer is bottled in the supplied bottles and sent to maturing in a cold place (14 days). In one cycle, you can get up to 23 liters of live beer at the outlet.
The critical reviews of the owners did not allow the equipment to rise higher. They are dissatisfied with the appearance, long preparation time, overpayment for the brand.
- pleasant taste of beer;
- low cost of cooking;
- ease of use.
- long ripening period;
- unsightly appearance.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.