Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Bathroom curtains are relevant to this day. Modern models are very different from those that were available during the youth of our mothers and fathers, grandparents. Our article will tell you which option to choose from the presented variety of fabrics, designs, designs. Experts have prepared a rating by selecting 9 best bathroom curtains for it.
- How to choose bathroom curtains
- Rating of the best curtains for the bathroom
- Spirella Versilia (1017023)
- Ridder Gras (42385)
- Iddis (210P24RI11)
- Ridder Loupe (35897)
- Spirella blatt
- Iddis Safari Friends
- Bacchetta Quadretto
- Bacchetta City
- Milardo white mist
How to choose bathroom curtains
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It is the cheapest, but also the least practical. It is a thin or thick oilcloth. Thin in the process of use will stick together, tear quickly, and also stick to a wet body. It is best to choose thick ones that resemble the material used for covering greenhouses. On transparent PVC curtains, stains from tap water will certainly remain. It is impossible to wash and clean PVC, so the edges, which will quickly become covered with soap, will ruin the whole look. Such models should be purchased for infrequent and temporary use, for example, in technical showers, in the country house or for rooms in the style of pop art (such plastic will be most appropriate here, from a design point of view). Dimensions for small bathrooms, standard 200 x 180 cm.
- Polyester. The most popular material for curtains. You can find polyester models in large building materials stores and supermarkets offering household goods / summer cottages. This is a completely synthetic fiber, which is almost no different from PVC, but in this case, the plastic is stretched into threads that form a kind of fabric. It is characterized by increased strength and moisture resistance, since it will not let water through even without special treatments. Unlike polyvinyl chloride, polyester curtains hang neatly, forming beautiful and even assemblies that do not stick to the body and do not stick together. You can wash them in an automatic machine, at temperatures up to forty degrees. Models are available in two sizes: 200 x 180 and 200 x 200 cm. If the curtain is too long, then the edge can be easily hemmed and processed using a sewing machine.
- Mixed textiles. It is the most expensive of the listed. The price tag ranges from four to fifteen thousand rubles. Because of this, it is difficult to find curtains made of mixed textiles in super- and hypermarkets. Cloth models are usually sewn to order, and ready-made ones can be found in online stores. Polyester is usually mixed with cotton and / or linen. The surface is treated with a hydrophobic impregnation that does not allow water to pass through, or an additional polyester curtain is added from the inside, which is included in the kit. The variety of design solutions is striking: ruffles, frills, interweaving of fabrics with different structures, wrinkled, etc. This allows you to choose an option for any interior. Sizes are not less than: 200 x 240 cm, 200 x 300 cm, 180 x 180. Textile curtains can be washed by hand or in a typewriter at a delicate mode up to thirty degrees.
- Hooks / rings are the most commonly used. True, if the material is easily tearing, for example, thin PVC, then it is in the area of the hooks / rings that a break will occur.
- Eyelets are the second most popular mounting option. Flat rings are inserted into holes made in the material and secured there. Most often used on curtains made of polyester or mixed textiles.
- Magnetic clips will fit any curtain material. They are similar to clothespins, which have magnets that connect when touched.
- The screen masks the barbell, because the material is stitched so that a pocket remains, which is put on the barbell.
- Chains are the most unusual way of fastening. It is used in rooms with significantly high ceilings. The cornice is almost under the ceiling. From it there are chains with rings, on which the curtain is already attached.
For small bathrooms, curtains with a 3D pattern are great, as they visually enlarge and expand the space. A three-dimensional image is obtained by superimposing two points relative to each other. Drawings do not fade and retain their original appearance even after many washes.
Remember that colors should be in harmony with each other or contrast, which also looks advantageous in some interiors. If you doubt your abilities, then choose a win-win option – plain or transparent curtains that fit any design.
Rating of the best curtains for the bathroom
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best curtains for the bathroom||1||Spirella Versilia (1017023)||RUB 5,130|
|2||Ridder Gras (42385)||RUB 2,670|
|3||Iddis (210P24RI11)||RUB 1,590|
|4||Ridder Loupe (35897)||RUB 2,010|
|5||Spirella blatt||RUB 1,580|
|6||Iddis Safari Friends||RUB 1,335|
|7||Bacchetta Quadretto||RUB 1,050|
|8||Bacchetta City||RUB 1,088|
|9||Milardo white mist||744 RUB|
Spirella Versilia (1017023)
The leader in the ranking is a model made of mixed textiles. The material is treated with a hydrophobic impregnation, which does not lose its properties after numerous washes, still protecting the space well from splashes. There is also an antibacterial impregnation, which is responsible for the absence of mold and pathogenic microorganisms. Thanks to a weighting agent sewn into the hem, the curtain retains its shape and does not rise from the movement of steam, tightly fitting to the bathroom. The top edge is reinforced with a double fold where the holes are treated with plastic for strength. The fastening rings inserted there will not cut off the curtain, so the model will serve for a long time. Stripes will decorate most interiors. The size of the product is 180 x 200 cm.
- mixed textiles;
- waterproof impregnation;
- high strength of the material;
- allowed to wash in an automatic machine at temperatures up to 40 degrees;
- ironing is permissible with the 'synthetic' mode.
- high cost – about 7 thousand rubles.
Ridder Gras (42385)
The second line is received by the bathroom curtain from the German manufacturer. Differs in high quality, which was appreciated by thousands of users. Made from durable polyester. It is treated with a water-repellent impregnation, and also has an antistatic and antibacterial coating, which protects against the accumulation and reproduction of microbes, the appearance of fungi. As noted by users in the reviews, all edges are well processed. There are twelve mounting ring holes at the top. The bottom is equipped with a rubber weighting material so that the curtain does not rise and keeps its shape. The curtain designs in this series are exclusive. The manufacturer recommends washing the product in a typewriter at 40 degrees in case of contamination, as well as ironing at a low temperature. The size of the curtain is 180 x 200 cm.
- easy to maintain and operate;
- 1 year warranty.
- rings are not included;
- relatively expensive – about 3 thousand rubles.
The third position goes to another model made of high quality polyester. The durable material has a long service life, is easy to care for, and its value for money makes it one of the most popular products on the market. The curtain is additionally treated with a special Waterprof compound, which protects the bathroom from water getting on objects and the floor. The model is equipped with twelve stainless steel eyelets, and rings with the Click system are supplied in the kit, so you don't have to buy anything. You can broadcast and use the product immediately. The size is quite large, 240 x 200, suitable for a large bathroom. At the bottom, like in the two previous models, there is a special weighting agent that keeps the curtain from lifting.
- durable polyester;
- easy to clean;
- machine wash and low temperature ironing allowed;
- set with fastening rings;
- acceptable cost – about 1500 r.
- not found.
Ridder Loupe (35897)
The fourth is the original bathroom curtain made of vinyl from a German manufacturer. The model is completely transparent, but has a 3D-pattern of semi-matte circles that resemble large bubbles. As users note in reviews, under different lighting conditions, these bubbles shimmer in many colors, which gives the curtain an expensive look and decorates the bathroom. The product has a top edging with a dense ribbon, where there are twelve holes for rings. Unfortunately, the delivery kit does not include them. There is also no weighting agent at the bottom, so the curtain rises, it can bulge. The size of the product is standard, suitable for most baths, is 180 x 200 cm. The model cannot be washed in a typewriter, only by hand and at a temperature no higher than 30-40 degrees.
- matches any interior;
- does not have an unpleasant odor;
- warranty – 3 years;
- acceptable cost – 1500 r.
- no rings included;
- no weighting agent is provided;
- Leaks from tap water are visible.
In fifth place is a PEVA (polyethylene vinyl acetate) bath curtain. The material is soft and pleasant to the touch. Has an opaque matte surface, semi-permeable to light rays and absolutely impervious to water. Reinforced double fold of the upper edge, where the holes for the rings are located, provides a secure fit. The bright colors of the decoration do not fade over time, even after repeated washes. The curtain can be washed in an automatic machine at a temperature not exceeding 40 degrees. The product is protected from the appearance and reproduction of fungi, as well as other microorganisms dangerous to human health. The size is standard, 180 x 200 cm, so it will fit most.
- high strength;
- has no unpleasant odor;
- easy to clean;
- does not emit harmful substances;
- warranty – 2 years;
- acceptable cost – about 1600 r.
- not found.
Iddis Safari Friends
The sixth line is taken by a polyester bath curtain with an interesting pattern in the form of beautiful giraffes. In terms of style, the model is suitable not only for children, who, of course, will be pleased with the images of the animal, but also for adults. If your bathroom is done in brown and beige, then this option is ideal. The surface of the product is treated with Waterprof water-repellent compound. At the top there is a sealed tape with twelve plastic eyelets, and at the bottom, for weighting, there is a metal thread that keeps the curtain from raising, which is often called the 'sail' effect. The material is treated with waterproof and water-repellent impregnation, thanks to which it dries quickly. The curtain is allowed to be washed in an automatic machine at a temperature of 30-40 degrees. The size is standard – 180 x 200 cm.
- easy to maintain and operate;
- warranty – 1 year;
- acceptable cost – about 1200 rubles.
- not found.
The seventh is a curtain from a renowned manufacturer, Bacchetta. Made from high quality polyester. It has a jacquard pattern, which is formed by changing the direction of the threads, hence the effect of a silk overflow of some elements and dullness of others. The model is treated with a water-repellent and antibacterial composition, so that water splashes will not get on the floor, and fungus will not appear on the surface. The lower edge is equipped with a weighting material, so the curtain does not rise from the air currents. The top edge is reinforced with a double fold and plastic eyelets are integrated into the holes. The set includes twelve rings. You can wash the product in an automatic machine, but at temperatures up to 30 degrees. The size is 240 x 200 cm, so the product is suitable for a large bathroom.
- Italian quality;
- the color does not fade over time;
- high strength;
- suitable for any interior.
- relatively expensive – about 1800 p.
In eighth place is another model from Bacchetta. Made from durable polyester. The material is treated with antibacterial and water-repellent impregnation so that water does not get onto the floor and the objects surrounding the bathtub during washing, and mold does not appear and does not multiply on the surface of the product. The lower edge is equipped with weight plates to prevent the shade from rising. The transparent plastic eyelets are integrated into the double fold sealed top edge and are virtually invisible. The model is opaque, made in white, so it will fit into any interior. The product can be washed at temperatures up to 30 degrees. The size is 180 x 200 cm.
- high definition printed drawing;
- supplied with fastening rings;
- acceptable cost – about 1150 p.
- not found.
Milardo white mist
The model of the Russian brand closes the rating. Made of waterproof 80 g / m2 polyester, which is pleasant to the touch. The top edge is equipped with plastic eyelets, but rings are not supplied. The reviews also note that no weighting material is provided at the bottom, so the curtain rises from the air currents created by the movement of steam. The model is made in white. On the surface there is a pattern of the same color in the form of circles of different diameters. The curtain will fit almost any interior. The size is standard, is 180 x 180 cm.
- machine wash allowed at 30 degrees;
- warranty – 1 year;
- budgetary cost – 650 rubles.
- there is no antibacterial coating.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.