Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective, does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The telescope is the most common optical device, similar in design to a telescope, only in a reduced form. Someone needs it for work, someone takes it on hikes to accurately examine distant objects, someone always has it at hand so that even from their window they can see the beauty of the world around them more clearly and in the smallest detail.
The first trumpet with 20x magnification was created by Galileo at the beginning of the 17th century. She quickly found application in the army and navy and was in service until the end of the 19th century. Today it is used everywhere. She has become a must-have item in tourist expeditions, hunting and fishing, a wonderful children's toy that helps to explore the world.
- How to choose a telescope
- Which is better than binoculars or a spyglass
- Rating of the best telescopes
- ATN X-SPOTTER HD 20-80X
- Celestron Ultima 100 Angled
- Nikon ProStaff 5 20-60×82 Straight
- Yukon 6-100×100
- National Geographic 20-60×60
- KOMZ ZT 8-24×40 “Zenitsa”
- Veber Pioneer 15-45×60 C
- LEVENHUK Spyglass SG2
How to choose a telescope
It is quite difficult to choose a telescope. Before reviewing the rating, we present a few tips from experts to help you make a smart purchase. What, first of all, we pay attention to:
- Diameter. For home or office use, when mounted on a tripod, it is best to use an 80mm or higher lens. In such a pipe, the picture will be more voluminous. But the weight and dimensions do not always allow you to take it with you on hikes. Therefore, tourists are better off purchasing a device with a diameter of up to 65 mm. Although it has less optical capabilities, reliability, quality of mechanics and, of course, weight come first in field conditions.
- Optics. Prisms and lenses must be coated, otherwise they can glare. You can check with a sales assistant about this parameter or see it yourself. Colored spraying will tell you that the optics are coated. If not, then you will see glass in a normal shade.
- Increase. Today you can buy models with different parameters, the most common – from 15 to 100. A small magnification will not give the necessary increase. Too high reduces color rendition, the image is dim, and in low light, observation will be difficult.
- Housing. Metal is not only practical and durable. The body made of this material allows all mechanisms to be installed during production with higher accuracy. The rubberized models are very comfortable to hold in your hands, so this type will be the best option for hiking. The sealed housing protects the optics from moisture. A pipe with a plastic top is lighter and costs an order of magnitude lower.
- Accessories. The included case will be a definite plus upon purchase. It will protect the pipe from rain and snow, prevent damage from falling. The presence of a shoulder strap is also encouraged, since then the pipe will always be at hand. A tripod will simplify observation and make the image stable, eliminate vibration.
Which is better than binoculars or a spyglass
+ maximum increase;
+ observation of moving objects (animals, birds);
+ obtaining high-precision photos;
+ overview study of astronomical objects;
+ displaying images on a computer or TV screen.
– discomfort when observing with one eye;
– requires more space in the backpack;
– eyes get tired faster.
+ comfortable observation;
+ compact size;
+ increased field of view;
+ focusing on closely spaced objects;
+ affordable price.
– small magnification;
– you cannot see small details.
Having studied and compared the characteristics of the most popular telescopes, the experts selected the best models in the rating, which will allow you to get a high-quality enlarged image and will last a long time.
Rating of the best telescopes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best telescopes||1||ATN X-SPOTTER HD 20-80X||RUB 124,500|
|2||Celestron Ultima 100 Angled||RUB 27 490|
|3||Nikon ProStaff 5 20-60×82 Straight||RUB 26,721|
|4||Yukon 6-100×100||RUB 13,830|
|5||National Geographic 20-60×60||RUB 7 490|
|6||KOMZ ZT 8-24×40 “Zenitsa”||RUB 5 600|
|7||Veber Pioneer 15-45×60 C||3 360 rub.|
|8||LEVENHUK Spyglass SG2||RUB 2,901|
ATN X-SPOTTER HD 20-80X
The first place goes to a smart digital tube with a powerful processor, 20-80x magnification, 200 mm objective lens diameter and 65 mm exit pupil. The smooth zoom option allows you to enjoy the picture without loss of quality. The telescope has digital image stabilization. Day and night modes help to carry out high-quality video and photos at any time.
Built-in 64GB microSD memory card 4. The telescope has a 3D accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope and electronic barometer. The connection with gadgets is via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
With the help of an electronic compass, you can quickly navigate the terrain. The altimeter will always tell you how high you climbed or descended. A GPS module is built into the pipe. Even a beginner can understand the menu. The interface is clear and accessible to everyone.
- day / night mode;
- the ability to shoot in the format Full HD;
- core based on the Obsidian Core processor;
- maximum set of options;
- waterproof housing;
- clear management.
- high price – within 120,000 rubles.
Celestron Ultima 100 Angled
The famous American brand presents a telescope that transmits a high-quality image in any weather and at any time of the day. It allows you to observe animals and birds, participate in shooting competitions, and study astronomical bodies. Magnification – 22-66x, objective size – 100 mm, optical axis with a 45 ° bend.
Prisms are made from high quality glass and treated with several layers of coating for anti-reflection. The rubberized housing is sealed, absolutely protected from moisture penetration inside, which guarantees a long service life of the device.
The package includes a cover, which makes transportation and storage more convenient. The ability to mount on a tripod will create a comfortable viewing environment. Users noted the pleasant design of the telescope, the ergonomic body, the affordable price for the high quality device.
- multilayer enlightenment;
- high image quality;
- sealed housing;
- axis break – 45 °;
- case included.
- not detected.
Nikon ProStaff 5 20-60×82 Straight
An honorable place in the rating goes to a telescope with high optical characteristics, stylish body design and quite reasonable price. Prisms and lenses with multiple layers of antireflection coating. Lens with a diameter of 82 mm. The magnification is a multiple of 19.4-60x. Due to the fact that the extension of the exit pupil is 16.5 mm long, it has become even more comfortable to obtain high-quality images.
Glasses are environmentally friendly, they do not contain arsenic and lead. The housing is protected from dust and moisture ingress by O-rings and nitrogen. Water resistance is guaranteed for up to 10 minutes and up to 1 meter depth.
The set includes a soft case. There are two slots in the body for mounting the telescope on a tripod. The buyers especially noted the low weight of the telescope, which is only 1178 g.
- compact size;
- large eye relief;
- waterproof housing and eyepieces;
- several layers of coating for lenses and prisms;
- light weight;
- convenient cover.
- not detected.
Thanks to the enlarged 100mm lens, you can get a high-quality image of objects even in poor visibility or low light conditions. The kit includes an additional 35 mm lens for preliminary aiming at the object under study. Switching is carried out using the handle.
The body is made of impact-resistant plastic. It is maximally protected from the ingress of dirt and water inside, so research can be continued neither in the snow nor in the rain. With the help of the optical adapter, you can take pictures of any objects, and with the video attachment, you can shoot documentaries about the life of the wild.
All buyers appreciated the high quality of materials and workmanship, the reliability of the design, the durability of use, the ability to mount on a tripod with a 1/4 and 3/8 inch mount and the low cost of the telescope.
- two lenses included;
- 360 ° rotating eyepiece;
- compact and lightweight;
- the ability to install a photo adapter;
- durable housing with protection against moisture.
- not detected.
National Geographic 20-60×60
The lightweight, compact German-made spotting scope is included in our rating not only because of its size. The magnification ratio varies from 20 to 60. At the maximum parameter, the table tripod included in the package is used. Coating of lenses and prisms is multilayer. The minimum focusing distance is 2 meters.
The optics are made of high quality glass. The rubberized body is comfortable to hold in the hand, it does not slip out, and has an ergonomic design. The cap will protect the lens from damage. A built-in lens hood prevents glare in bright sunlight.
For convenient storage and transportation, a durable, soft case is provided. Users highly appreciated the device, as well as the accessories included in the set, including special wipes for the care of optics.
- clear image of objects;
- light weight – only 885 g;
- rubberized body;
- extended complete set;
- affordable price.
- not detected.
KOMZ ZT 8-24×40 “Zenitsa”
The sturdy telescope in a metal case has a magnification of 8-24x and a 40 mm objective lens. It allows you to see objects in low light conditions, as well as at dusk. The large eye relief (24 mm) allows glasses wearers not to take them off when using the device.
The surface is covered with textured black artificial leather, which is pleasant to the touch and gives the telescope a stylish look. It folds up telescopically, which greatly facilitates transportation. Soft case and strap will create additional convenience during use and storage.
The manufacturer also took care of the safety of the eyepiece and lens by including protective covers. Standard 1/4 '' thread for tripod mounts will allow you to explore the world around you for a long time without stressing your hands
- extended protrusion of the exit pupil;
- shockproof metal case;
- complies with GOST;
- good equipment;
- a light weight.
- not detected.
Veber Pioneer 15-45×60 C
The experts selected for the rating a telescope that combines good performance and low cost, available to most buyers. The low weight is due to the use of durable plastic in the manufacture of the case. It is rubberized, which gives additional convenience during use of the pipe.
The lens size is 60 mm. The magnification is adjustable from 15 to 45 times. Prisms are made of VAK-4 glass, which is characterized by a high refractive index, which results in clear and bright images of objects. The eyepiece has a 45 ° tilt angle. Rubber eyecups.
The package includes covers and napkins for cleaning the optical elements from contamination. The retractable hood will prevent glare, fogging, and rain when investigating in bad weather.
- body made of durable rubberized plastic;
- multilayer coating of optics;
- built-in hood;
- the ability to mount on a tripod;
- low price.
- not detected.
LEVENHUK Spyglass SG2
Buyers liked the device not only for its optical properties, but also for its stylish appearance, which added interest to this model. Made of brass and covered with leather, it faithfully reproduces the telescopes used in the 18th century, making it the perfect gift for any occasion. A beautifully crafted, bright red wooden case with a black velvet lining enhances the surprise experience.
12x magnification allows you to get a clear picture. Enlightened glass VK-7 does not distort the image. The telescope even in low light conditions helps to observe the objects under study.
The three-piece housing folds down telescopically, making the device compact and easy to store and transport. The included wipes will help keep your optics clean at all times.
- antiquated design;
- durable metal body;
- coated optics;
- beautiful gift case;
- low cost.
- small magnification.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.