Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
When buying expensive and high-quality shoes, we hope for their long-term durability. But even it doesn't last forever, let alone budget models. It is not always convenient to carry your favorite boots or boots to the repair shop: either there is no time, or the budget does not allow. Special adhesives will help to correct the situation at home, of which there are a great many in stores today.
What qualities should a tool have so that the result is exactly what the user expected? Here are the main ones:
- high speed of solidification;
- safety for the materials to be glued;
- frost and water resistance;
- the possibility of adjusting the seams;
- bond strength.
- Adhesives are classified into several types
- How to choose the right shoe glue
- Rating of the best adhesives for shoes
- Super Glue Shoe Moment
- Shoe glue CONTACT waterproof
- EVA shoe adhesive
- Adhesive for leather and shoes UHU
- Shoe glue Second
- Shoe glue POWER
- Shoe glue Octopus
- Glue Anles Shoe, for leather, felt, fabric, leatherette
Adhesives are classified into several types
- Polyurethane. Differs in high speed of gluing and special strength. After hardening, it increases in volume, which allows it to be widely used in the repair of shoes made of porous materials. This type is often used by professional shoemakers, as it handles the most difficult surfaces that can be difficult to bond. It is necessary to use the product with special care, since it is almost impossible to remove a dropped drop.
- Polyvinyl chloride. The most flexible type of adhesives available. It is able to connect several layers of materials, while being absolutely resistant to external natural factors. Such high characteristics are obtained thanks to the resin included in the composition. The product is often used to strengthen the sock to protect it from leaks. With the help of glue, leather and textile insoles are connected, decorative elements are fixed.
- Nairite. The waterproof compound is resistant to moisture and low temperatures. The glue is used to bond rubber soles to any upper material. It is characterized by a high setting speed and optimal elasticity. Professional craftsmen choose it for its speed and efficiency, since repaired shoes will serve for a long time without requiring additional gluing.
- Rubber perchlorovinyl. The product has a low resistance to moisture and frost, therefore, it is most often used when repairing summer shoes. It reliably connects several layers of insoles, braid and other types of fabric parts, fixes the sole to the upper. The main active ingredients are a hardener and a rubber solution. Together, they form a compound that is actively used during minor repair work.
- Combined. This glue combines several fixing components. It is suitable both for eliminating minor imperfections in shoes, and for bonding all types of soles with uppers made of various materials. The product is characterized by a short setting time, firmness and elasticity of the joints.
- Universal. The most common type chosen by ordinary buyers who do not understand the nuances of the shoe business. It is intended for minor repairs, has a high fixing speed, and is able to withstand moisture. The tool is easy to use, does not require any skills and knowledge. The main disadvantage: he cannot solve difficult problems.
How to choose the right shoe glue
Before going to the store, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a few rules that are based on when buying good shoe glue.
- For small repairs, it is better to take a small tube that will help fix the unsticked areas once.
- If you are already confident in the quality of the glue and are going to use it often, then it is more profitable to purchase a large package of the product.
- We carefully read the instructions for which materials the glue is intended for. If this is ignored, then no one can guarantee the result.
- The packaging must be marked 'for shoes'. It is this glue that will help eliminate all defects in your sandals, shoes and boots.
- Professional glue requires skill and skill, it is quite difficult to work with it, therefore, universal glue is the best option for a buyer who is not very orientated in this matter.
- The main advice: if you are not confident in your abilities and cannot accurately repair even minor damage, then it is better to contact the workshop.
Today, our rating includes the best adhesives according to the opinion of professional craftsmen and ordinary users. With their help at home, you can preserve the appearance of the shoe and extend its service life.
Rating of the best adhesives for shoes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|TOP 8 best adhesives for shoes||1||Super Glue Shoe Moment||118 RUB|
|2||Shoe glue CONTACT waterproof||RUB 59|
|3||EVA shoe adhesive||99 RUB|
|4||Adhesive for leather and shoes UHU||RUB 180|
|5||Shoe glue Second||RUB 48|
|6||Shoe glue POWER||41 rbl.|
|7||Shoe glue Octopus||RUB 33|
|8||Glue Anles Shoe, for leather, felt, fabric, leatherette||RUB 40|
Super Glue Shoe Moment
First place is taken by glue, which has become the best-selling shoe repair product. It is an ideal home remedy for correcting imperfections in boots and shoes. It securely fixes various types of materials, including leather, its substitute, rubber, fabric. The glue is universal and can be used to connect interior parts, not just shoes. It is suitable for working with ceramics, plastics, paper, wood, cardboard.
When the outsole is joined to the upper, a flat, smooth seam is created with high elasticity. It is resistant to moisture and low temperatures, so the product is used on all types of footwear, including winter and demi-season. The one-component gel-like texture has medium viscosity, allowing you to work neatly, without surface contamination.
The composition instantly freezes, but within a few seconds you can correct the joints of the joints. In case of contact with materials, the adhesive can be quickly removed without causing any harm. According to customer reviews, everything was fine: both the characteristics and the cost of a multifunctional product. Even non-professionals can do clean and quality work. Everyone noted the effectiveness of the glue and rated it with the highest score.
- universal remedy;
- high strength;
- water resistance;
- elasticity of the seams;
- transparent texture;
- convenient for beginners.
- not detected.
Shoe glue CONTACT waterproof
The second place in the rating is taken by glue, which is comfortable to use and 100% effective. It is designed for joining leather and rubber surfaces, fixes felt, leatherette, plastic, textiles well. The product is used for all types of shoes. Due to its high water-repellent properties and increased resistance to low temperatures, it is used to repair winter and demi-season boots and boots.
The seams are smooth, elastic, shear and peel resistant. Gluing does not occur instantly, but within half an hour, so if the connection is wrong, you can always correct everything. Final fixation and hardening of the composition – after 24 hours. The consistency of the glue does not flow, allows you to accurately apply it even in narrow places, it fills the gaps well. Drops are easily removed from the surface.
According to interviewees, glue really deserves to be included in the list of the best products. It does not cause difficulties during work, everything is described step by step in the instructions, after repair the shoes serve for a rather long time, the seams do not come off even with daily exposure to water. The price, like many similar products, is low, and the consumption is quite economical.
- frost and water resistance;
- high elasticity of the seams;
- strength and durability;
- optimal consistency;
- there is time to correct the seams.
- not detected.
EVA shoe adhesive
The third place in the rating is for a product that has long been known to both craftsmen and non-professionals. It is specially designed for EVA shoe repair, made from German raw materials. Hunting, fishing and other boots made of this material have long been popular due to their advantageous differences from PVC. But the porous surface is very sensitive to cuts, so it's best to always keep this glue close at hand.
Bonding technology requires certain skills, but strictly following the instructions, everything will work out even for a beginner. Final hardening occurs at the end of 24 hours. The main thing to remember is that the excess amount of glue will impair the fixation. After repair, the joint does not leak, it is very durable, the seam is elastic, even. Experts advise to opt for this particular adhesive for repairing products made of EVA material. It has undergone laboratory and real-world testing to ensure its performance and performance.
People who actively use EVA shoes have confirmed that the product helps to correct any, even complex defects. If there is no possibility of end-to-end gluing, then the patch method is used, while the inserts are securely fixed, do not let water inside, the seams are resistant to low temperatures.
- high degree of adhesion;
- strength and elasticity of the seam;
- fixation methods 'butt' and 'insert';
- resistance to water and frost;
- European raw materials.
- certain skills are required for the first time.
Adhesive for leather and shoes UHU
The honorable fourth line of the rating is occupied by a German product developed for leather, rubber, cork and their connection with each other or with metal and wood. It is not suitable for Styrofoam and PVC. The connection is high-strength, the seams are smooth, flexible, do not dry out, resistant to water, frost, chemical reagents used in winter on the roads. Temperature range at which the composition retains its properties: from -20 ° to + 125 °. The consumption of the product is minimal, a thin layer is applied to the surface, so the tube is enough for several repairs.
When bonding, three methods can be used to choose from: contact, heat activation, solvent reactivation. The first method is the simplest, after 15 minutes of strong pressing, the surfaces are connected without the possibility of adjusting the seam. The second method is designed for super adhesion, it gives maximum resistance to high temperatures. The third is used when time is needed for a high-quality and smooth connection with the ability to correct flaws.
Customers rated the glue as 'excellent'. Everyone liked its versatility, the ability to work with shoes of all seasons. Moreover, the connection is resistant to any external influences.
- high elasticity of the seams;
- multiple fixation methods;
- resistance to all external factors;
- careful consumption;
- optimal consistency for work.
- the price is higher compared to Russian counterparts.
Shoe glue Second
Further, the rating includes glue, which has proven its effectiveness and is an assistant for self-repairing shoe defects for many users. It fixes surfaces made of various materials to each other. These are leather and its artificial substitute, rubber, felt, wood, thermoplastic elastomer. After gluing, the joints acquire elasticity. They are not affected by water, low temperatures, or acids and alkalis. Due to its transparent texture, the product is invisible at the seams. It is easily removed from the surface during the repair process.
Correction of stitches is possible within a few minutes. Final hardening occurs in a day. Even with increased load during operation, the composition does not crack, retains its properties. The manufacturer has thought out the packaging as much as possible for comfortable use not only by craftsmen, but also by beginners. The elongated spout allows penetration into the narrowest seams, where the compound completely fills voids and cracks.
According to customer reviews, the glue is suitable for summer, winter and demi-season shoes. It helps to eliminate minor imperfections, as well as more serious ones, for example, to hold the sole and upper of the shoe together. Particular attention was paid to the convenient application.
- high tightness of seams;
- application to any small gaps;
- resistance to chemical and natural factors;
- easy use;
- fast fixation.
- not detected.
Shoe glue POWER
The glue included in the rating is actively used to restore shoes at home. It fixes materials among themselves in various combinations. The complex consists of resins, rubber and additives. They reliably stick together, while not harming natural and artificial leather, felt, cork, rubber, textiles. After hardening, a smooth, invisible joint with a high degree of movement is obtained. It is resistant to any atmospheric precipitation, will remain in the same state when exposed to various temperatures and chemicals.
The texture crystallizes quickly, but it is possible to correct connection defects. In a day, the shoes are ready for use. The consistency perfectly flows into all cracks and folds, it is convenient for independent work even for people without professional skills.
Many noted that budget glue is similar to many more expensive products. It helps to repair shoes no worse than contacting a professional workshop. The consumption of the product is economical, a thin layer is applied to the surface. Drops can be easily removed with solvents. Customers liked the versatility of the adhesive and the ability to work with any kind of material.
- reliable gluing;
- the possibility of correcting during fixation;
- invisible joints;
- highly mobile seam;
- convenient application.
- not detected.
Shoe glue Octopus
Next in the rating we include a Russian product that helps to repair shoes in a quality manner at home, while its price will not affect the family budget. It is suitable for a wide range of materials other than polyurethane. The composition is developed taking into account the recipes of professional products. It includes rubber, synthetic resins, solvents and various useful additives.
After fixing, a highly elastic seam is formed, which is not influenced by adverse weather conditions. Preservation of the qualities of the composition is guaranteed in rain, frost, snow, temperatures from -40 to + 50 °. The lines of the joints are even and smooth, the excess is easily removed with special solvents, in case of untimely elimination, dried smudges are transparent and completely invisible.
Users noted that the glue helps to fix the seams as well as in the repair shop. Its use is not difficult, the texture is optimal viscosity, it fills the gaps well. Repaired shoes, even in a very bad situation on the street, do not let water through, remain dry and comfortable to wear. The low price becomes another nice bonus to quality and efficiency.
- improved composition;
- strong frost and water resistant gluing;
- transparent consistency;
- adapted for home use;
- possibility of adjustment.
- not detected.
Glue Anles Shoe, for leather, felt, fabric, leatherette
The rating ends with a remedy that will help eliminate imperfections in winter, demi-season and summer shoes. It fixes various materials among themselves: leather, leatherette, rubber, textiles, felt. Nairite glue is used in the manufacture and repair of shoes. After hardening, the treatment sites remain mobile, they are resistant to water, low and high temperatures, alkalis, acids.
The one-component composition includes rubber and phenol-formaldehyde resin additives. The glue is available in various packaging. This is a 40 ml tube, a 1 liter can, a 20 liter bucket. It is actively used in repair shops, and also, thanks to its simple use, and independently at home. The texture is homogeneous, spreads well along the seams, and is removed from the surface with special means.
Users noted that the glue is close to professional in properties. It is used to join several layers of insoles, tighten heels, strengthen the nose. The fast crystallization time helps to fix the surfaces without prolonged pressure on the bonding areas. Correction is possible within a few minutes. The seams are durable and reliable, shear and stress resistant.
- for various types of work;
- semi-professional tool;
- convenient application;
- elastic, non-cracking seams;
- strong hold.
- not detected.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.