Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The first sewing machine appeared at the end of the 18th century, it marked a real breakthrough in the world of sewing art. Crafting has become easier and faster. But of course they were all tame. Today manufacturers produce a great variety of sewing machines, some of which are even computer-controlled.
- How to choose a sewing machine
- Ranking of the best Janome sewing machines
- The best Janome sewing machines with electromechanical control
- Janome Decor Excel Pro 5124
- Janome 90A
- Janome My Style 100
- Best Electronic Janome Sewing Machines
- Janome ArtDecor 724E
- Janome 2160 DC
- Janome DC 603
- Best Computer Controlled Janome Sewing Machines
- Janome Memory Craft 9900
- Janome Memory Craft 5200
How to choose a sewing machine
Janome firm has established itself well in the sewing market. This is a Japanese company that produces devices for both beginners and experienced craftswomen. The most important quality for which the manufacturer fell in love is reliability at an affordable price. In order not to get lost in the variety of models and choose a device for your needs, you need to know the selection criteria:
- Weight. The simplest thing to look for when buying. More reliable are those models that are heavier. They have more metal parts than plastic ones. In addition, such machines vibrate less, which means that it is easier to work on them.
- Control. There are mechanical, electromechanical, electronic and computer models. The simpler the device, the less professional it is considered to be. And it's not about the quality of sewing. Excellent cut items can be obtained on models with any control. More complex sewing machines do the job much faster and only experienced craftswomen can cope with them. And simple models are suitable for beginners or for occasional use.
- Number of functions. If the device is intended for simple operations, then you should not chase fashion and spend money on a typewriter with diverse functionality. These are more expensive and are usually used in factories or experienced craftswomen at home.
- Equipment. The included bobbins, needles, feet and other tools add to the cost of the product. Usually, the more versatile the machine is, the more accessories it has.
- Shuttle type. There are vertical or horizontal devices. The former are considered noisy and are used in simpler models.
- Cost. The more professional the machine is, the more it will cost. It all depends on the desires and capabilities of the consumer.
Our experts conducted a thorough analysis, having studied customer reviews and expert opinions. Based on this information, they ranked the best Janome sewing machine models. The selection involved devices for both novice craftswomen and experienced professionals.
Ranking of the best Janome sewing machines
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Janome Electromechanical Sewing Machines||1||Janome Decor Excel Pro 5124||RUB 27,900|
|2||Janome 90A||RUB 14,910|
|3||Janome My Style 100||RUB 6,907|
|Best Electronic Janome Sewing Machines||1||Janome ArtDecor 724E||RUB 28,300|
|2||Janome 2160 DC||RUB 18,200|
|3||Janome DC 603||RUB 15,205|
|Best Computer Controlled Janome Sewing Machines||1||Janome Memory Craft 9900||RUB 94,524|
|2||Janome Memory Craft 5200||RUB 30 347|
The best Janome sewing machines with electromechanical control
Janome Decor Excel Pro 5124
An excellent model, suitable for both beginners and experienced craftswomen. The big plus is that there is a sewing speed control and an electronic advisor. The latter will tell you how to solve the problem if you have difficulties with sewing.
It is noteworthy that the device can perform 24 operations and sew fabrics of different density. Performs several types of stitches, including blind, elastic, elastic blind and overcast. The weight of the model is quite heavy, during operation it does not jump on the table and does not vibrate. According to reviews, setting up such a model is easy even without instructions. The shuttle type is horizontal, thanks to this the machine works without creating unnecessary noise. In addition, the design provides a needle threader and sewing without a pedal.
- works silently;
- high quality seams;
- you can sew fabrics of different density;
- sews without a pedal;
- suitable for novice craftswomen;
- does not vibrate.
- you need to buy special attachments for quilting and patchwork.
The next place in the ranking is occupied by the Janome 90A model. Reliable machine, weighing just over 11 kg. The rotary horizontal hook ensures silent operation of the device, allowing you to sew even when you are in the same room with a sleeping child.
The machine has 23 operations, perfectly copes with wrapping and sewing in zippers. Works only from the pedal. There is a sewing advisor, a great assistant for beginners, and a needle threader.
In addition, Janome 90A can adjust the degree of pressure of the presser foot on the fabric. Suitable for working with both thin and dense materials. A distinctive feature is a slight tapping, which starts when the thread comes to an end in the bobbin. This signal allows you to update the thread in time.
- sews fabrics of any density;
- has 23 programs;
- easy to understand instructions, suitable for beginners.
- reviews note the short length of the power cord.
Janome My Style 100
Compact, weighing 5.5 kg, it is perfect for home use by completely inexperienced craftswomen. Works with thick fabrics, folded in several layers. Even if the kit does not include suitable needles, you can buy them, the main thing is that the machine can handle the load.
There is a regulator for raising the foot. The horizontal shuttle makes the operation of the device quiet. The machine is capable of performing up to 15 operations, perfectly sews zippers, you can sew on buttons. But it is not suitable for professional use due to its low power. By the quality of the work performed, the machine is at a height. Sews fabrics perfectly, the stitch is strong and does not tear. Model settings are simple and easy to read in the instructions.
- easy to maintain;
- sews fabrics of any density;
- you can sew on zippers and buttons;
- nice price.
- no case.
Best Electronic Janome Sewing Machines
Janome ArtDecor 724E
The Janome ArtDecor 724E sewing machine takes the next position in the ranking. The quiet, virtually silent, electronically controlled horizontal shuttle has won the trust of millions of customers. It is perfect for home use for those who know a lot about the sewing industry, people with experience. Although it is not difficult to understand the electronic control, the technique works simply and quickly. Able to sew up to 860 stitches per minute.
A big plus is the ability to adjust the sewing speed. Where you need to slow down, the machine will cope without problems. Janome ArtDecor 724E has 25 operations, is equipped with a needle threader and a set of presses. Suitable for fabrics of various thicknesses, from light knitwear to dense leather in several layers.
- high-quality sewing;
- does not vibrate and does not ride on the table;
- sews quickly, makes up to 860 stitches per minute;
- easy control.
Janome 2160 DC
A more budgetary option among electronic sewing machines. Has 60 operations and a horizontal shuttle. The set includes feet for sewing in zippers and overcasting. A good choice for home sewing where you do not need to carry out large amounts of work at high power.
The controls are pretty simple, it's easy to figure it out. Takes fabrics of various densities, both light cotton and organza, and jeans. It is enough just to change the needle. But some reviews speak of a slight vibration of the device during operation. A rubber mat under the typewriter helps. A big plus is the presence of a sewing assistant, he will give a hint about a possible breakdown.
- high quality and reliable seams;
- great for home sewing;
- a set of several legs;
- suitable for fabrics of different weights;
- not noisy.
- slight vibration when working.
Janome DC 603
The next place in the rating is occupied by the Janome DC 603 machine. An excellent assistant for home sewing at low speeds at an acceptable cost. Performs at least 60 operations, is suitable for various fabrics, but too dense does not withstand. Includes zipper and hemming feet.
It is possible to sew without a pedal in automatic mode. The control is convenient, it works quietly, almost silently, thanks to the horizontal-type shuttle. The display is black and white, but the stitch parameters have to be re-entered after each power-on, since the previously set ones are not saved in memory.
- quality lines;
- variety of operations;
- quiet operating mode;
- speed regulation;
- acceptable cost;
- can work without a pedal.
- the spool holder is in an inclined position, at high speeds the thread may fall;
- does not remember the previously set stitch parameters.
Best Computer Controlled Janome Sewing Machines
Janome Memory Craft 9900
Janome Memory Craft 9900 is designed for professional sewing and can be customized. The speed at which the machine is capable of sewing is 1000 stitches per minute. The device is easily connected to a computer, can sew with programmed patterns, it is possible to create your own patterns and embroider them. It is enough to select the desired picture, the machine will set the color, thread the thread and that's it. The device will tell you when you need to put a thread of a different shade.
A rich selection of sewing operations, according to the instructions, 619 of them are declared, help experienced seamstresses create unique patterns. Absolutely any fabrics are suitable for sewing, the main thing is to choose the right needle and thread. According to reviews, this machine justifies its cost.
- a wide range of operations;
- color display;
- there are 4 embroidery alphabets in memory;
- the ability to create your own patterns and sew according to the given;
- suitable for work on stream;
- all the necessary legs are included;
- sews any fabric.
- high cost, not everyone can afford;
- may tear rayon threads.
Janome Memory Craft 5200
Janome Memory Craft 5200 takes the next place in the ranking. This is a high-speed machine that can embroider up to 820 stitches per minute. But even at this capacity, it runs quietly thanks to the rotary horizontal shuttle. It is possible to sew on such a technique for an ordinary user, it is not necessary to have professional skills in sewing. The machine is easy to set up and easy to use.
Janome Memory Craft 5200 has 3 embroidery alphabets, 561 sewing operations, black-and-white display, the ability to sew without a pedal. Copes with fabrics of different weights, even denim in several layers. Suitable for both home use and small atelier.
- a large number of operations – 561;
- 3 sewing alphabets;
- works with fabrics of different density;
- easy to manage;
- not noisy.
- the need to control the thread tension on very dense fabrics.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.