Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective, does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Leaks in the heating or water supply systems cause a lot of trouble to the owners of apartments and houses. The property is seriously damaged, unplanned repairs have to be made in flooded rooms, and relations with neighbors are deteriorating. The system of protection against water leaks allows to prevent the development of events in a negative scenario. This state-of-the-art device is increasingly attracting the attention of Russian homeowners. The trading network quickly responds to increased demand, offering developments with different costs and functionality. The recommendations of our experts will help you find the best option for a particular apartment or house.
- Selection recommendations
- Rating of the best water protection systems
- Neptun Profi WIFI
- Aquastorozh Expert 215
- Gidrolock Professional Bugatti
- AquaBast standard 1
- SpyHeat TRITON 15-002
- Neptun Aquacontrol 1/2
Device and principle of operation. The water leakage protection system consists of several elements.
- The sensors react to water droplets hitting them. One system can contain from 2 to several hundred sensors. It all depends on the number of potentially dangerous points in the water supply or heating main.
- Electric taps are responsible for shutting off the water supply. They are activated upon receipt of a signal from the control module.
- The controller or control module is the “brain” of the protection system. He is responsible for the fast processing of information received from the sensors, and the command is sent to the appropriate electromechanical crane.
- The operating principle of the system looks quite simple. Sensors are installed on the floor; they are round or rectangular boxes. When water hits the sensor, a signal is instantly sent to the control unit, which sends an electrical impulse to close the tap. Opening will take place only after the sensor has dried.
Food method. There are several types of water leakage protection systems by the way they are fed.
- Network models are connected to a 220 V electric main.This is the most affordable power source in a house or apartment, but connection requires laying a wire to the device. The disadvantage of this power option is the high risk of a short circuit when water enters.
- Autonomous systems are equipped with batteries or accumulators. They are distinguished by ease of installation and safe operation. But periodically you have to change the batteries or recharge the battery.
- Combo units combine the advantages of networked and standalone models. It is almost impossible to disable the system, but its cost will be quite high.
Sensor type. By the way the sensor is connected to the controller, wired and wireless models are distinguished.
- Signal transmission over cable is reliable and fast. But the installation and connection takes a long time.
- Wireless sensors transmit information to the power supply via a radio signal. Its capacity may decrease when passing through concrete or brick walls and partitions. But the installation of the system will not take much time.
Additional options. Modern options allow to increase ease of management and safety of operation.
- Remote control fits perfectly into the smart home concept. The user can carry out all manipulations using a smartphone.
- An important option is to notify a mobile phone about events in the system.
- To keep the leakage protection system in good working order, it is important to monitor the condition of the taps and batteries. For convenience, manufacturers equip their products with the function of self-diagnosis and self-cleaning of cranes.
We have selected 7 best water protection systems for review. These models can be purchased in specialized stores in Russia. When distributing positions, the editorial board of the magazine proceeded from the opinion of the expert community, taking into account the reviews of domestic consumers.
Rating of the best water protection systems
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best water protection systems||1||Neptun Profi WIFI||19 422 RUB|
|2||Aquastorozh Expert 215||RUB 19,990|
|3||Gidrolock Professional Bugatti||RUB 13,440|
|5||AquaBast standard 1||RUB 11,200|
|6||SpyHeat TRITON 15-002||RUB 9 182|
|7||Neptun Aquacontrol 1/2||RUB 8 850|
Neptun Profi WIFI
Neptun Profi WIFI is a modern protection system against water leaks. The model will not only block the water supply in a timely manner in the event of a leak, but will also give a light and sound warning signal. Experts appreciated functions such as storing the state of an accident, protecting the ball valve from oxidation, monitoring water meters, and remote control of the water supply. One controller is able to process information from 375 sensors and control 6 taps. The system fits perfectly into the concept of a smart home, it won gold in our review.
Domestic users are satisfied with the stable work, clear instructions, simple connection, convenience of remote control. The disadvantages of the system include the high price.
- stable work;
- wide functionality;
- remote control;
- safety (12V).
- high price.
Aquastorozh Expert 215
A quick response to a leak (2 s) helped the Russian system Aquastorozh Expert 215 to take the honorable second place in the review. On one set of batteries, the model can work for 2-9 years. The experts drew attention to the innovative triple power format (batteries, built-in uninterruptible power supply, universal mini-USB adapter). The asset of the model should include the use of high-quality German and Austrian components. Every two weeks, the system self-cleans the taps from deposits. The manufacturer has provided the ability to connect to a smart home system.
According to users, the model deserves praise for its reliability, fast response time, and backup power supply. Of the minuses, the need to replace the cranes is noted in 4-5 years.
- triple food format;
- high-speed performance;
- self-cleaning of taps;
- ease of installation and operation.
- replacement of cranes in 4-5 years.
Gidrolock Professional Bugatti
The Gidrolock Professional Bugatti system instantly turns off the water in the event of a leak. It is intended for installation in the residential sector, in logistics centers, public institutions. The experts praised the durability of all devices. For example, the resource of a ball valve exceeds 250 thousand cycles. At the same time, the operating temperature range in which the system operates is 0 to 60 ° C. Up to 200 wired sensors can be connected to the controller. The set includes 3 sensors, 2 taps, a 12-volt battery, a 1 m cable. The system takes third place.
Domestic homeowners praise protective equipment for back-up power, instant water shutdown, self-cleaning taps. But remote control is not provided.
- wide scope;
- durability of cranes;
- backup power supply;
- immediate interruption of the water supply.
- no remote control.
The RaDuga protection system is a set of wireless sensors. They operate in radio signal transmission mode. The power of the sensors is enough to deliver a signal at a distance of 100 m in the case of an open space and up to 20 m in a multi-storey building. The control unit processes the received information by shutting off the water supply using a solenoid valve. Experts recommend using this system in laboratories, basements, bathrooms. The sensors are made in a waterproof design, they consume an energy of 0.00005 W.
Users praise the reliability of the system, the absence of false positives. But the duration of the operation is 10 s, which reduces the effectiveness of the protection.
- low power consumption;
- no false positives.
- duration of triggering.
AquaBast standard 1
The AquaBast standard 1 system allows to program in advance the algorithm of operation of electromechanical cranes. The manufacturer has provided for the automation of emergency shutdown of cranes, shutdown of pumps, protection against acidification, as well as “cleaning” and “lighting” modes. The signal transmission from the sensors is carried out to the GSM informant. Experts note the ease of control of the module, all settings are made with one button. Thanks to the light indication, it is easy for the user to determine the current mode. The built-in battery allows for autonomous operation for 2 days.
In reviews, users praise the AquaBast standard 1 system for its easy installation, high quality workmanship. The downside is the uninformative instruction.
- programming function;
- Ease of controls;
- high-quality manufacturing;
- universality of application.
- uninformative instruction.
SpyHeat TRITON 15-002
The most affordable price among competitors is the Russian development SpyHeat TRITON 15-002. It automatically turns off the water supply when a leak is detected. In this case, the device gives a light and sound signal. The set includes two valves with a 1/2 “reducer, 4 sensors, a Triton controller, and an instruction manual. The experts liked the microprocessor control, LCD display, 1000 mAh battery. The maximum operating temperature reaches 120 ° C, the system can withstand pressures up to 16 bar. The model closes the TOP-6 of our review.
Russian consumers praise the affordable price, easy installation, compactness and reliability. They include a fragile screen, short connecting wires to the disadvantages.
- affordable price;
- microprocessor control;
- LCD display;
- fragile screen;
- short wires.
Neptun Aquacontrol 1/2
The Neptun Aquacontrol 1/2 system boasts an excellent value for money. The structure includes a control module, two electromechanical taps and two water flow control sensors. A total of 20 sensors and 6 taps can be connected. The experts liked the instant leak detection, but the taps in the water supply system are closed after 18 seconds. The wired device is connected to a household power supply, the manufacturer did not provide for an autonomous power source. The system should include in the asset the function of automatic crane rotation (once a month).
Users highlight such advantages of the model as high-quality components, the possibility of additional equipment, a loud warning signal. The disadvantages are considered to be connected to a 220 V network, complex installation.
- high-quality manufacturing;
- the possibility of additional equipment;
- affordable price.
- connection to a household network;
- complex installation.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.