Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Thermal imagers react to body heat released as infrared radiation. It is not visible to the human eye, but thanks to optics with germanium coating, it is captured and fed to matrix to draw a silhouette of a living creature. This allows Notice moving and static objects that produce heat. IN Unlike night vision devices, they do not go blind when the advent of light. Our experts studied various models and compiled rating of the best thermal imagers for hunting, having optimal specifications and positive feedback.
- The best thermal imagers for hunting
- Pulsar Trail XQ50
- Dipol TG1
- ATN OTS-HD 384 4.5-18X
- GUIDE IR510P
- FLIR Scout TK
- Seek Thermal Compact PRO
- FORTUNA GENERAL GOGGLES 40S3
The best thermal imagers for hunting
When hunting in rain, fog, snowfall or twilight production without additional funds is quite difficult. Still on the hunt often have to overcome long distances, climb elevations or lying, therefore the devices used must be strong and hardy. Here is a rating of just such thermal imagers, with with which you can not only travel or watch your cattle in the pasture at night, but also to hunt.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best thermal imagers for hunting||1||Pulsar Trail XQ50||298 500 rub.|
|2||Dipol TG1||400 000 rub.|
|3||ATN OTS-HD 384 4.5-18X||311,000 rub.|
|4||GUIDE IR510P||79 000 rub.|
|5||FLIR Scout TK||60 000 rub.|
|6||Seek Thermal Compact PRO||49 900 rub.|
|7||FORTUNA GENERAL GOGGLES 40S3||351 000 rub.|
Pulsar Trail XQ50
Expensive thermal imager in a sealed enclosure optimally suited for exploitation on the hunt. The device has a high resolution of 384×288 dots providing a clear picture. To calibrate the sensor can be used manual, semi-automatic or automatic mode. For viewing objects at a great distance Digital magnification up to 10.8 times is provided. Apply scope possible at temperatures from -20 to + 50 degrees. Owners in reviews confirm that all connectors on the case are protected by rubber plugs and it can withstand blows up to 6000 J, including shots.
Experts have added this model to the rating as the best thermal imager for dynamic hunting. Due to the design of the sight with a fixation to it’s easy to attach it to a rifle on weapons, so that not only search, but also carry out shots. Frame refresh rate 50 Hz will allow you to see the picture without “freezing” and not to miss out mind a fast moving target, such as a running deer.
- wide rubber peephole covering glare;
- the lens has its own hinged cap;
- perfect image;
- detects objects at a distance of 1350 m.
- you need to recharge the battery before each hunt;
- adds 620 g to the rifle, so you need to get used to;
- there should be enough time between the purchase and the first hunt, to understand a lot of settings (“Frame in frame”, “Memory sighting points “, etc.).
This is a product of Belarusian origin with a fast lens with a diameter of 75 mm. There is a video output on the side to connect the monitor and see the search results on it. Users note in the reviews the excellent dynamics of picture transmission thanks 50 Hz update. The resolution of the matrix 384×288 pixels gives a clear and clear image. The implementation of the thermal imager in the form of binoculars allows you to fully immerse yourself in the search and watch with two eyes. The thermal imager is powered by three batteries, and when they are discharged signals by the indicator.
Experts recommend this thermal imager from the rating as the best for long ambushes in one place and surveillance to identification of places for sleeping or watering animals. You can hunt with him at temperatures up to -40 degrees. If the hunter has poor eyesight, then the imager can be adjusted for diopters from -4 to +4. Device well suited for static observation from one place on the hunt thanks to a detection range of 1700 m.
- the possibility of increasing by 5x;
- a tripod socket is provided;
- color screen with a resolution of 800×600;
- when the battery is low, external power can be connected (portable battery).
- bulky and uncomfortable with frequent ambush changes due to dimensions 241x139x87 mm;
- high price;
- weighs 1.1 kg due to aluminum body;
- people with different visual acuity in each eye will not comfortable (it is impossible to configure each eyepiece individually).
ATN OTS-HD 384 4.5-18X
British thermal imager with a 50 mm lens. Has front a protective cover on an elastic band, frame definition adjustment and powerful Obsidian T II processor. A smart gadget for hunting equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, so you can watch not only through the eyepiece, but also Broadcast data to the screen of a phone or tablet. For this developed an application for all operating systems. The sensor has 384×288 pixels for high definition transmission Pictures.
Our experts liked this thermal imager for hunting right away. to several positions. The device has a zoom that allows you to zoom the object is up to 18 times, which helps to more accurately consider it. In the left part of the screen shows the distance to the target, critical when shot to make corrections. The electronic module is connected to GPS satellite, so the route of movement is kept in the memory and you can track where the herds of animals were seen, identifying places on the map. All this gave him a well-deserved place in the ranking of the best.
- image stabilization;
- the ability to configure from the remote control without touching apparatus;
- detection up to 1500 m;
- record video with sound.
- cannot be mounted on a rifle – you need a separate sight;
- sky-high price;
- black and white image.
Another British thermal imager with a small 19 mm lens and weighing 305 g. Allows you to recognize large animals, such as wild boar, from a distance of 500 m. For better visibility there is a function “Isotherm”, highlighting the warmest zones in red. The model is equipped with a video output. for wired connection to the monitor, as well as the presence of Wi-Fi module for wireless data transmission. If you wish, you can shoot video or take a photo in jpg format. Despite the small lens the thermal imager is able to bring the image up to 2 and 4 times. how According to reviews, consider the picture on it especially nice thanks to the latest generation of silicon LCD display crystals.
We put the thermal imager in the ranking of the best due to the durable a case with thick walls that tolerate shock. The manufacturer conducted its own tests, dropping the device from a height of 1 m. He also has a laser pointer that you can use for hunting as an alternative to the sight of loved ones distances.
- protective cap on the lens;
- comfortable rubber eyepiece;
- lanyard for hanging on the wrist;
- the buttons are arranged in a row and, remembering their sequence, You can enter settings without looking.
- the small storage bag does not have a loop for fixing on Belt
- not for long distances;
- only 5 hours work autonomously;
- one USB connector does not allow charging the battery at the same time and transfer data by cable.
FLIR Scout TK
One of the cheapest thermal imagers used for hunting. The display has a resolution of 640×480 pixels, and a lens of 14 mm in diameter. Vox Lepton Matrix Detects Any Heat from a Distance 150 m, and on the case there is a brightness adjustment button and backlight changes to improve the perception of the picture. Via USB data can be transferred to a laptop. This connector also serves for charging. 3500 mAh battery.
This is the smallest hunting monocle in the ranking with feature thermal imager. It is barely larger than a clenched palm and weighs only 170 g. The rubberized case can be dropped into water and on hard surfaces with height 120 cm (this is tested by the manufacturer). But range recognition is only 150 m, and the frame rate of 9 Hz, therefore, we recommend this product for beginners to get basic skills when hunting at night.
- neat stub on the lens;
- wide eyepiece;
- one-click snapshot or video;
- water protected USB connector.
- modest matrix of 160×120 pixels;
- poor picture quality with blurry outlines;
- narrow viewing angle of 20 degrees;
- Sold without a power adapter.
Seek Thermal Compact PRO
This is a product of American origin made in the form of a small camera. The device contains a thermal imaging camera with matrix, and the picture is transferred immediately to the screen of another device, since the thermal imager does not have its own monitor. Such the design allowed to significantly reduce the price, but affected ease of use. The model is delivered in a durable case, convenient for transportation to the place of hunting. Matrix temperature matrix in range from -40 to +330 degrees.
Our experts have identified this imager as the cheapest in rating. If you really want to hunt in twilight or dense fog, but the budget is limited, then this is the best choice for the price. But a frame rate of 15 Hz allows you to use it to search and observing only calmly grazing animals, not moving.
- light weight 14 g;
- viewing angle 32 degrees;
- compact sizes 44x25x25x mm;
- video recording and adjustable focus.
- there is no own eyepiece – you only need to connect to monitor
- impossible to aim – the device will only help to detect prey;
- USB port is open and not protected from dirt in hunting conditions;
- Only compatible with Android operating system.
FORTUNA GENERAL GOGGLES 40S3
A spectacle-shaped thermal imager with two eyepieces and one common the lens. Inside equipped with an Amoled display with a resolution of 800×600 points with a quality picture. Crystals work well even in frosty weather. The reviews show the convenience of quick sharpness adjustments and the possibility of both optical (3.3x) and digital zoom (2x, 4x). 50 Hz frame rate suitable to observe fast moving animals.
Unlike bulky thermal imaging binoculars, this model hit the rating thanks to the performance in the form of points. Thermal imager attached to the hunter’s head with an elastic band and allows you to have free hands for dynamic hunting (pursuit of prey, climbing on obstacles, quick change of location). 40mm wide lens and 384×228 mm matrix resolution allows you to see everything around you clearly and broadly.
- fast aperture lens with f / 1.0 aperture;
- completely free hands during the hunt;
- strong aluminum case;
- silent calibration.
- high price;
- battery life no more than 5 hours;
- weight 500 g is felt on the face;
- the case is waterproof IP66, but glasses cannot be dropped into water.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.