Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Health problems often arise from lack of activity, especially when it comes to bones and joints. With age, pains appear, with which it is difficult for a person to live a normal life, since he has to constantly experience discomfort. Professional massage can support the body, prevent deterioration, provide prevention or treatment. Not everyone has the money to visit a masseur, so special massage pillows come to the rescue of such people.
Modern models are so technologically advanced that the difference between hardware and manual processes becomes more and more blurred. True, some models are capable of bringing harm rather than benefit. To prevent this from happening, the choice should be approached thoroughly, having studied all the specifics of the work of massage pillows.
Our experts conducted a thorough market analysis, based on which they ranked the 7 best massage pillows. When creating the rating, the opinions of experienced physiotherapists were also taken into account.
- What to look for when choosing a massage pillow
- Rating of the best massage pillows
- The best massage pillows in terms of price-quality ratio
- Casada maxiwell 3
- US Medica Apple Plus
- Beurer MG520 30W
- Gess uTenon
- Planta MP-010B
- The best massage pillows with Aliexpress
- Yijie neck massager
- Jinkairui K12
What to look for when choosing a massage pillow
- Varieties of impact. There are two main types: vibration and roller massage. The first option involves influencing the nerve endings by vibrating the desired area. Thus, a reaction is provoked – the muscles relax and blood circulation improves. In such models, there is an amplitude and frequency adjustment. The intensity of the massage will depend on what parameters the user sets. The advantages of such devices include a gentle effect and low cost, and from the disadvantages they distinguish low efficiency and irritation that arises over time to constant vibration. The second option is more in demand, since the principle of exposure is based on imitation of manual massage. The role of fingers and palms is played here by special rollers located inside the pillow. Traditionally, models use one technology – the Japanese Shiatsu system. The user can switch modes, choosing whether the rollers will work clockwise or counterclockwise, thereby changing the effect obtained from the massage. Of the minuses, they call a tough impact, which not everyone likes, and the relative high cost.
- Roller material. Jade rollers began to be used not so long ago, but they have already gained considerable popularity. They are characterized by high heat capacity and wear resistance. The user does not need to wait for them to warm up. The accumulated heat is transferred to the massaged area, which increases the efficiency. Jade does not wear off over time, does not crumble. Plastic rollers are most often equipped with inexpensive models of massage pillows. The only advantage of this option is its low cost.
- The presence of IR light. As we know, heat increases the effectiveness of the procedure. If you do not have the opportunity to purchase a model with jade rollers, then take a closer look at pillows with infrared light. It will provide the necessary heating for the massaged area.
- Cover material. Cloths are inexpensive and practical. They do not have a shock-absorbing effect that would extinguish the energy coming from the rollers. This makes the massage more sensitive. The fabric is also not susceptible to heat or cold, which means the surface will always be at a comfortable temperature. Durability is ensured by vinyl or woven fabrics. Covers made of genuine leather or leatherette have more disadvantages than advantages. In the process of use, the material cracks, tears, stretches, abrades. This is especially true when exposed to the sun or frost. The skin, due to its thickness, blocks the energy of the rollers, which affects the decrease in the effectiveness of the massage.
- Remote control. Almost all modern models come with a remote control. Allows you to quickly switch modes, change the speed and intensity of exposure, without interrupting the massage procedure.
Rating of the best massage pillows
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best massage pillows in terms of price-quality ratio||1||Casada maxiwell 3||RUB 11 900|
|2||US Medica Apple Plus||RUB 7,900|
|3||Beurer MG520 30W||RUB 6,290|
|4||Gess uTenon||6 470 rub.|
|5||Planta MP-010B||RUB 4,990|
|The best massage pillows with Aliexpress||1||Yijie neck massager||RUB 2,870|
|2||Jinkairui K12||RUB 6 520|
The best massage pillows in terms of price-quality ratio
Casada maxiwell 3
In the first place in the rating category is the model with natural jade casters and IR light. The pillow massages any part of the body, which speaks of versatility. The product participated in the '1001 massage' campaign, where the quality of work and wear resistance of materials were tested, and reliability was also proved. According to the manufacturer, the model was developed with the participation of German physiotherapists. Jade massage heads and heating with IR light allow you to get the most out of the procedure. The user has access to vibration massage, kneading and combined. You can change the rotation speed and direction of the rollers. Remote control included.
- removable cape for intensity adjustment;
- it is possible to use it in the car.
- leatherette cover;
- high cost – 11900 p.
US Medica Apple Plus
The second position is given to a massage pillow with a special acupuncture cape. It can be secured with secure Velcro fasteners. It is made of artificial leather, on which there are plastic spikes that allow each muscle to be deeply and thoroughly worked out, thereby increasing the healing effect. US Medica Apple Plus has four plastic casters and an optional warm up feature. The direction of the rollers can be changed by the user according to the needs. The advantages of the model include versatility (massage of the cervical spine, shoulder blades, lower back, buttocks, calves, feet, arms, etc.) and mobility (it is convenient to take with you on a trip and to work).
- small dimensions – 20 x 8.5 x 32 cm;
- timer up to 15 min;
- use in a car (powered by a cigarette lighter).
- plastic rollers;
- high cost – 7900 p.
Beurer MG520 30W
The third line is occupied by a model of a massage pillow with three operating modes. Plastic rollers in the amount of four pieces can rotate both clockwise and counterclockwise. The user can also adjust the distance between the massage heads using a special wheel. The cover is made of durable mesh fabric that is well ventilated. There is infrared light to provide heating during the procedure. The product is powered by mains and battery, so you can take the pillow with you on the road. The built-in lithium-ion battery is fully charged in just three hours. On a single charge, the pillow can work up to two hours without stopping.
- massage of all parts of the body;
- change in intensity;
- light indication.
- large dimensions – 42 x 23.5 x 14 cm;
- relatively expensive – 6 thousand rubles
The fourth is a pillow for massaging different parts of the body: the lumbar, shoulder and cervical regions, as well as legs. The impact is made by four plastic rollers. To increase efficiency, the manufacturer has equipped the model with an infrared heating function. The massage now turns out to be deeper, and therefore more effective. The set includes a special removable acupuncture cape that acts on active points and relieves muscle spasms, nervous tension, headache and other pain. The cover is made of fabric.
- 3D massage;
- automatic change of direction of rotation of massage heads;
- auto-off timer after 15 minutes;
- the ability to use in a car (adapter included).
- plastic rollers;
- one operating mode;
- relatively expensive – 5800 p.
The fifth line is occupied by the model, like the previous ones, suitable for massage of various areas. The device will eliminate pain syndrome, relieve muscle tension and allow you to relax after a hard day. The user has two modes available that can be changed or combined with each other. The massage is carried out with plastic rollers according to the Shiatsu system. There is heating with infrared light, due to which blood circulation is improved, which leads to high efficiency. The ergonomic design allows the pillow to fit comfortably over any area. The long power cord allows you to position yourself away from the outlet. It is convenient to take the pillow with you to the office, car, country house. Cover textured.
- deep massage;
- light indication;
- can be used in cars (adapter included).
- plastic rollers;
- relatively expensive – 4800 p.
The best massage pillows with Aliexpress
Yijie neck massager
In the first place is the massage pillow, which has rightfully earned leadership. Many laudatory user reviews speak of the high quality of the product. Performs massage with eight plastic heads of different diameters. The model operates in two modes and has infrared light, which warms up the area being worked on. If the device overheats, the protection will work and the massage will stop. The process will resume after cooling down. True, in the reviews there were complaints about slow cooling, so you have to be patient and wait. The cover is made of durable fabric. There is a special valve on the surface that closes the rollers.
- auto-off timer;
- acceptable cost – 2500 r.
- plastic rollers;
- cools slowly.
The model of a massage pillow from a Chinese brand closes the rating category. This device is ergonomic, so it can be positioned anywhere on the body. Plastic massage heads have a special structure that most realistically simulates the grip of the fingers of a professional massage therapist. The pillow, as indicated by the manufacturer, is designed to work out the shoulder girdle, cervical and lumbar regions, but users say that it is easy to adapt it to knead any other areas of the body (feet, calves, buttocks, hips, waist, areas near the shoulder blades, etc.). ). Heating increases the effectiveness of the procedure many times over. The degree of heating and the direction of rotation of the rollers can be changed by the user in accordance with the wishes.
- impact close to manual massage;
- decent workmanship and assembly;
- long power cord;
- plastic rollers;
- high cost – 6 thousand rubles.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.