Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The urban rhythm of life, with its all kinds of industrial enterprises, exhaust gases and other sources of unpleasant odors inevitably makes us think about the quality of the air we breathe. And it is for this reason that buying a modern air purifier for home or office becomes something of a matter of course. These devices allow you to clean the air not only from harmful substances, but also from unpleasant odors, allowing you to breathe deeply even in a gassed metropolis.
- What to look for when choosing a modern air purifier?
- Top air purifier manufacturers
- Boneco AG
- Rating of the best models of air purifiers for an apartment
- The best inexpensive air cleaners for an apartment
- Foxcleaner ion
- Leberg LW-15
- The best premium air cleaners
- Boneco H680
- Winia AWM-40
- The best air washers for an apartment
- Venta LW25
- Panasonic F-VXH50
- AiRTe AW-615
- Which air purifier to choose?
What to look for when choosing a modern air purifier?
There are a number of criteria that should be taken into account when choosing an air purifier.
- When choosing an air purifier, take into account the total area of the room in which such a device will be used. The higher the area, the more powerful the air purifier you will need;
- Take into account the functionality of the device, decide on the tasks that you are going to implement with its help. Do you just need cleaning, disinfection, or do you also want humidified and ionized air? The more functions a device can perform, the higher its cost;
- Pay attention to the noise level of the specific air purifier. The air purifier will also work at night, and therefore people whose sleep is easy to disturb should choose the quietest models of air purifiers;
- Decide if you are ready to 'take care' of the device while it is in use. If the additional costs and time that needs to be spent on servicing the device are not burdensome for you, give preference to models with replaceable filters. Otherwise, the choice should be made in favor of filterless models.
Top air purifier manufacturers
A well-known Norwegian manufacturer of climate control equipment and all kinds of gadgets designed to clean and ionize the air. Founded in 1963 and since then has been a leader and trendsetter in this market segment.
Swiss brand specializing in the production of household air purifiers and humidifiers. The date of foundation of this company is considered 1969 – it was then that Plaston, the predecessor of this brand, was born. Currently, this company is one of the leaders in the production of devices of this class, it has won many awards both in the field of technical solutions and in the field of design.
The largest Japanese industrial giant, one of the world's top 50 manufacturers of industrial equipment. Founded in 1918 by the famous Japanese businessman Konosuke Matsushita. Products manufactured under this brand do not need advertising: excellent manufacturability, variety of model range and high functionality have done their job: the number of adherents of this manufacturer's products is extremely large.
Rating of the best models of air purifiers for an apartment
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best inexpensive air cleaners for an apartment||1||Foxcleaner ion||RUB 5,340|
|2||Leberg LW-15||RUB 9,990|
|The best premium air cleaners||1||Boneco H680||RUB 59,190|
|2||Winia AWM-40||RUB 11,080|
|Best air washers||1||Venta LW25||RUB 18 299|
|2||Panasonic F-VXH50||RUB 20,960|
|3||AiRTe AW-615||RUB 11 900|
The best inexpensive air cleaners for an apartment
Devices, the cost of which is available to almost everyone, and the functionality is limited to the simplest basic operations. They are more than fulfilling every penny of the money spent! We present you a rating of the best inexpensive air purifiers for an apartment.
The first line of the rating of inexpensive air purifiers goes to Foxcleaner Ion. A compact air purifier with a wide range of functions. This small air purifier is designed for indoor use up to 20 m2 and has a power of 10W. Its main function is air purification, and therefore the manufacturer has provided for the presence of four replaceable filters – HEPA filter, photocatalytic, carbon, and electrostatic filters. In addition, the air ionization function is provided, as well as automatic adjustment of the intensity of work. The device is controlled electronically, there is a timer that allows you to set up the automatic operation of the device depending on the time. The estimated cost of this model is 6.5 thousand rubles;
- Miniature dimensions;
- Convenient touch control;
- The presence of four filters;
- Air ionization function;
- Built-in germicidal UV lamp;
- Insufficient dust removal from the air;
- Impossibility of operation in large rooms;
- Relatively high noise level;
The Leberg LW-15 air purifier takes the second place in our rating, which can be safely recommended to people with sensitive sleep or allergy sufferers. This compact air purifier is virtually silent (only 25 dB in peak operation) and is designed for rooms up to 28 m2. The filtration system of this air purifier is water, the capacity of the built-in reservoir is 6.2 liters. It is thanks to this feature that the manufacturer also implemented the possibility of air humidification – the built-in evaporator consumes 400 ml of water per one hour of operation. The air purifier is controlled by an electronic interface, and all the necessary information is displayed. This air purifier is intended for floor installation, its weight is 6.15 kg. The estimated cost of the device is 10.5 thousand rubles.
- Practically silent work;
- Stylish design;
- Air purification and humidification;
- Capacious reservoir for liquid;
- Convenient management;
- Lack of air heating;
- Poorly developed dealer service network;
- Long-term use may cause noise;
The best premium air cleaners
Advanced and multifunctional air purifiers that can do everything. The only drawback is the price: you cannot call such air cleaners 'folk'. Below we present a ranking of the best air purifiers in the premium segment.
Boneco H680 – takes the first line of our rating of the best air purifiers in the premium segment. A device with truly limitless functionality and capable of satisfying the needs of the most demanding customers. According to manufacturers, it is intended for rooms up to 100 m2 and allows not only cleaning, but also air humidification. In addition to a built-in tank for 10 liters of water, the device is equipped with three types of filters (water, carbon and HEPA filter), which ensures the maximum degree of air purification. Additionally, the manufacturer has provided the 'Aroma' function, thanks to which the already purified air is filled with a light and pleasant aroma. Device control is traditional electronic, in addition to ergonomic keys, there is a remote control panel. This air purifier will also be appreciated by those people whose sleep cannot be called strong: the noise level in peak modes does not exceed 25 dB, and therefore in the silence of the night, no extraneous sounds will bother you. The estimated cost of the device is 60 thousand rubles.
- Low power;
- Huge cultivated area;
- Air humidification function;
- Three built-in filters and a liquid reservoir;
- Low noise level;
- Air aromatization function;
- Intuitive controls and remote control included;
- High price.
Compact and functional cleaner equipped with humidification function. Air purification is carried out using a traditional water filter, the tank capacity is 9 liters. This model will be appreciated not only by lovers of stylish gadgets, but also by people inclined to save money – the power consumption of this device is only 11 W in peak operation. The control of the device is intuitive, it is carried out using electronic keys, and all the necessary information is displayed on the LCD display. The estimated cost of this steam cleaner is 15 thousand rubles.
- Stylish appearance;
- Compact dimensions;
- Built-in air ionizer;
- Replaceable BSS filter for fine cleaning;
- Practically silent work;
- There is no way to turn off the ionizer;
- Periodic vibrations due to low fan balancing;
- Intricate algorithm for managing additional functions;
The best air washers for an apartment
Devices that directly compete with air cleaners, however, have a slightly different operating algorithm. They are no less popular among buyers.
A device that allows you to simultaneously clean and humidify the air. It is based on a traditional water treatment system, and the total capacity of the device is 210 m3 / h. This sink provides 3 operating modes, each of which is characterized by a different fan speed, noise level and the amount of electricity consumed. Additionally, the manufacturer provides for the possibility of connecting a hygrostat, and also provides regulation of the fan speed and the amount of evaporated moisture. The estimated cost of the device is 20 thousand rubles
- Compact dimensions;
- High performance;
- Reliable construction;
- Possibility of connecting a hygrostat (humidity sensor);
- Three modes of operation intensity and fan rotation;
- No moisture indicator;
- Lack of remote control included; High noise;
A small but very functional sink, which will surely appeal to lovers of high-quality branded household appliances. It is based on a traditional water filter, as well as a pre-filter that does not allow large particles of dust and dirt to pass through. This combination provides not only cleaning, but also air humidification. The peak power of the device is 43 W, which is enough for rooms up to 45 m2. The manufacturer has provided for the possibility of adjusting the intensity of rotation of the fan and the evaporation of water, along with which the overall noise of the device is measured – from 18 dB in quiet mode to 51 dB in maximum intensity mode. The device is controlled electronically, it is simple and does not require getting used to. The estimated cost of an air cleaner is 25 thousand rubles.
- Cleans the air perfectly;
- Compact dimensions;
- Stepwise regulation of evaporation rate and fan rotation;
- The function of maintaining a certain level of humidity Econavi;
- Small capacity of the water tank;
- Expensive replacement parts;
- High price;
- Humidity regulation within 40%;
This air sink is a novelty for the 2017 season, and therefore has incorporated the latest developments and technologies introduced by many manufacturers into devices of this class. So, in addition to the traditional water filter, this model provides for the installation of a HEPA filter, as well as a special function for controlling the purity of the air, which has a positive effect on the overall functionality of the device. The capacity of the water tank is 6 liters, which is enough for more than 10 hours of continuous operation at maximum intensity. The declared power of this device is 40 W, which is enough to clean the air in a fairly large room, the area of which can reach 56 m2. The estimated cost of such an air washer is 12 thousand rubles.
- Compact dimensions;
- High power;
- Combination of water and HEPA filters;
- Capacious fluid reservoir and low consumption;
- High noise level of work;
- Confusing menu;
Which air purifier to choose?
- Those buyers looking for an inexpensive air purifier should look to Foxcleaner Ion. It is a compact device equipped with many different filters, UV germicidal lamp and air ionization function. Perfect solution for a small apartment or office space;
- If you decide to buy a powerful and functional air purifier and are ready to spend a lot of money on it, the Boneco H680 is the best option. Purification, humidification and ionization of air, aromatization function and the highest power – the device is designed to work in rooms up to 100 m2 – these are its main advantages.
- For those buyers who choose an air sink, the ideal option is the AiRTe AW-615. This model is new in 2017 and has a lot of functionality. Thanks to its high power, this sink is suitable for large rooms up to 56m2.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.