Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Tile is an unpretentious option for finishing a bathroom or kitchen. But even it needs to be cleaned with special means. Otherwise, it will very quickly become covered with spots, unpleasant stains and scratches. But there are a lot of funds on the market. And so we have compiled a rating of the best tile products. This will help you determine your favorites when choosing a 'chemistry' home.
- How to choose the best tile cleaner
- How to use tile products correctly
- Rating of the best means for tiles
- Mellerud for tiles and stones, 1 l
- HG for cleaning glossy tiles without streaks, 1000 ml
- VIclean 'proTECt', for natural stone tiles, acidic, 1 l
- Emsal tile and stone floor care
- Pip 'For tiles and stones', 500 ml
- Prosept Multipower, tile and porcelain stoneware, 1 l
How to choose the best tile cleaner
In order not to damage the surface of the tile or not get a composition with zero efficiency, you need to pay attention to the following parameters of a quality product:
- A type. On sale you can find both powdery options and liquid (gel-like) options. Powders act as abrasives and can scratch the top layer of tiles. We recommend using liquid detergents to clean the tiles. They will definitely not scratch the surface or damage it.
- Method of exposure. Depending on the type, the effect that it has also changes. Powder cleaners are often abrasive — they wipe away dirt. But this can damage the top layer of the tile. The chemical method of exposure is based on the reaction of composition and contamination.
- Type of reaction. Tile cleaning chemicals can create two types of reactions – acidic and alkaline. The first is convenient when you need to clean some inorganic contamination – for example, rust. If the tile is stained with something organic, then it is better to take 'chemistry' based on alkali (soda).
- Coating type. An important parameter – it depends on which product to purchase. If your floor or walls are tiled with natural stone containing limestone, it should not be treated with acidic agents.
- Application location. They are conventionally divided into kitchen and bathroom. The latter not only cleanse, but also slightly 'renew' the surface – making the colors brighter and more beautiful.
In our ranking, we have collected only the best products in the form of liquids. They will not damage even the most delicate surface.
How to use tile products correctly
Special means for cleaning tiles, first of all, strong chemicals. Therefore, it cannot be used thoughtlessly and carelessly. Otherwise, you can damage yourself and the coating. Here are some tips to help you avoid ruining your tiles while cleaning or to make your job easier:
- When working with any means, we recommend the use of gloves, a respirator and goggles to avoid injury and unpleasant consequences.
- Do not use abrasive powders on the tiles. Especially glossy. After several such cleanings, the surface will become unusable and begin to deteriorate. And, accordingly, it becomes more dirty and more difficult to clean.
- Try not to use acidic products if there is grout in the tile joints. They can destroy the composition, and as a result, the grout will look disgusting. There is another solution – to treat the seams with epoxy paint or any other compound that can protect the composition from acid damage.
- Do not use acidic tile cleaners if your tile contains any form of lime – acid will cause the surface to deteriorate.
- Alkaline chemicals are less effective, but they are gentle on the tile. But it is important that the composition does not contain abrasive particles – for example, insoluble soda or sand.
- Be sure to test the new product on an inconspicuous area of the tiled floor. This will help you find out exactly how the tile will react to the composition.
By following these tips, you can easily keep your tiles intact. And don't hurt yourself by breathing in vapors or irritating your hands.
Rating of the best means for tiles
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best means for tiles||1||Mellerud 1 l||469 r|
|2||HG 1000 ml||390 RUB|
|3||VIclean proTECt, 1 l||340 RUB|
|5||Pip, 500 ml||RUB 510|
|6||Prosept Multipower, 1 L||RUB 220|
Mellerud for tiles and stones, 1 l
German high-performance cleaner for natural stone tiles and tiles. Copes with all types of pollution, literally corroding them in a matter of minutes. One liter bottle is enough for 12-15 square meters of clean washing. But you can dilute the product in a 1: 5 ratio, and then it will be enough for 40-50 square meters. It turns out quite economically when you consider the price of 469 rubles.
Made with phosphoric acid, it creates an acidic reaction. Therefore, it cannot be used on surfaces that contain any form of lime – for example, 'Mellerud' is not suitable for cleaning granite or marble. Otherwise, the tile may lose its appearance and collapse.
- Removes all dirt, including stubborn ones.
- Suitable for natural and artificial tiles.
- May damage tiles.
HG for cleaning glossy tiles without streaks, 1000 ml
HG tile cleaner comes from the Netherlands. Designed specifically for glossy surfaces. After cleaning, there will be no irritating stains on the smooth tiles. One bottle is enough for at least 10 5 liter buckets. That is, with one bottle, you can wash the floor 10 times if it is very dirty. Or 20 times if the tiles are slightly stained.
The product is acidic. Therefore, it is not suitable for natural stone with lime in the composition. For one cleaning, you need to add 50 milliliters of product to 5 liters of warm water. If the floor is very dirty, then 100 milliliters. Before use, it requires the removal of all other chemical compounds from the floor using a special tool from the same company. Otherwise, streaks will appear.
- Very economical consumption.
- Perfectly clean glossy tile surface.
- May damage natural stone.
VIclean 'proTECt', for natural stone tiles, acidic, 1 l
Another acidic representative of our ranking of the best tile cleaners. Suitable for absolutely any tile, both inside and outside the building. If you wish, you can even wash the tiled path with the product. The restrictions are standard – no natural stones with lime among the components, otherwise you will have to say goodbye to the beauty of the coating.
It can even be used for cleaning plumbing – of course, with careful removal of residues. I am glad that VIclean is contained in a convenient bottle – unlike the first two places in our rating, it is really comfortable to hold even with wet hands. So there is no need to be afraid that VIclean will accidentally slip out of your fingers and spill.
- Convenient packaging for use when cleaning.
- Universal product for home, yard and street.
- May damage natural stone.
Emsal tile and stone floor care
It's not just a tile cleaner. It is a complete, versatile fluid that can tackle any floor problem. The composition contains high-quality waxes that not only clean the surface of dirt, but also protect it for a while from the appearance of new stains and streaks. Emsal cleans dirt, adds shine, acts as a barrier to dirt, footprints and so on.
Despite the many advantages, the tool is quite cheap – within 350 rubles. It does not contain acids, so it can be used for stone, which contains lime. But we still recommend checking in a small and unobtrusive area first.
- There is a handle – the tool is convenient to use during cleaning.
- Acid-free – suitable for natural stone.
- Low price – the product is very economical.
- Has a pronounced odor – can be a problem for allergy sufferers and asthmatics.
- Cleans not as well as acidic formulations.
Pip 'For tiles and stones', 500 ml
Pip products from Belgium are organic. Perfectly removes all 'kitchen' contaminants – oil, grease and so on. It can also get rid of rusty streaks and even grime. Free of esters and acids. Therefore, it does not damage limestone stones. Suitable for even the most delicate materials.
The composition allows you not only to get rid of dirt. He is able to slightly refresh the appearance of the kitchen, return the tiles to their original color. The only drawback of the tool is the very high price. A bottle of 500 milliliters will cost the buyer 500 rubles. That is, almost twice as expensive as the leaders of the rating.
- The best tool for the kitchen – organics destroys organics.
- Restores the color of a tile.
- High price.
Prosept Multipower, tile and porcelain stoneware, 1 l
Alkaline 'chemistry', which the manufacturer positions as professional. Has a very high concentration. Requires serious dilution – from 1:80 to 1: 200, depending on the type of surface, degree of contamination, and so on. At the same time, it does not destroy the surface of any kind of tile – there is no need to fear for the marble floor.
With regular use, it deeply cleans tiles and restores their natural shade. At the same time, Prosept is extremely cheap – within 200 rubles per liter of concentrate. There is a catch in its cheapness and high concentration – the product requires very careful handling and reliable storage. Also, do not wait for perfect cleaning the first time – in some cases, streaks may remain.
- Extremely economical consumption of funds at a low price.
- Suitable for all types of stone and tiles.
- Aggressive, may damage the skin.
- May leave streaks on glossy tiles.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.