Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The company Asus is one of the largest manufacturers of consumer electronics and appliances. And the routers of its development also differ in increased functionality – these are not just routers, but full-fledged network nodes to which you can connect a print server, guest network, media server and much, much more.
To help create a convenient and feature-rich home network, we've compiled a list of 6 best routers Asus – from powerful, high-tech devices to simple solutions for users who just need Wi-Fi.
Rating of the best routers Asus
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best routers Asus||1||Asus GT-AC5300 Rapture||RUB 25,190|
|2||Asus RT-AC87U||RUB 11 666|
|3||Asus RT-AC66U||7 270 RUB|
|4||Asus RT-N66U||RUB 6,300|
|5||Asus RT-AC58U||RUB 4,910|
|6||Asus RT-N18U||RUB 4,480|
Asus GT-AC5300 Rapture
Why it is: Top router with tri-band module and quad-core processor.
The Asus ROG GT-AC5300 Rapture router is part of the Republic of Gamers (ROG) brand series of gaming equipment and offers many accessibility features for online gaming. For example, a quad-core processor installed in it provides fast processing of both transmitted and received data.
But the main advantage of the router is the tri-band Wi-Fi module. It provides broadcasting of two networks with a frequency of 5.0 GHz, one of which can be allocated for gaming equipment, and one 2.4 GHz – for other, including outdated, devices.
Other features that will appeal to online gaming enthusiasts include VPN Fusion's traffic splitting mode bypassing VPN-connected computers, prioritizing traffic to game servers, dedicated LAN ports with the highest priority, and a dedicated hardware security solution from Trend Micro.
- Wide broadcast diameter thanks to eight antennas and signal amplification technology;
- Mode for increasing the priority of gaming traffic;
- Tri-band module for simultaneous operation of three wireless networks.
- There is no built-in channel analyzer and no change of the Wi-Fi channel to a less loaded one;
- Little functionality of 'native' software;
- Perceptible heating of the case.
Why him: A special technology to increase the range of Wi-Fi broadcasting.
The main advantage of this router Asus is the high performance of the wireless network. For this, it is equipped with 4 antennas, which have a 4 × 4 MU-MIMO configuration. This provides an increase in coverage area of up to 465 m2 under normal conditions! In general, this device will be able to broadcast to the whole house.
The second advantage of this router is its high throughput of 2.3 gigabits per second. Thanks to this, the wireless network is suitable even for broadcasting 8K video without the slightest delay.
The router is dual-band, broadcasts simultaneously in 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. Wired ports are gigabit. Additionally, the device is equipped with modern protection technologies from Trend Micro, which automatically scan connections for vulnerabilities.
The design of the router includes two USB ports for connecting external devices and working as a print server or media server, as well as accessing the Internet via a 3G / 4G modem.
- Wide broadcast range (one of the largest in the rating) due to the unique antenna configuration;
- Simple and intuitive web interface, many automated functions;
- Attractive design.
- Third-party firmware increases the functionality and stability of the router, but voids the warranty;
- Perceptible heating, especially in the area of USB ports due to high voltage on them;
- Slow reboot taking 3-4 minutes.
Why him: Technology to improve the quality of signal reception, high speed wireless network.
Router Asus RT-AC66U is an excellent solution for small local area networks where a strong signal is required on each device. AiRadar's technology for improving transmission quality (giving it directional features), combined with three powerful antennas, greatly improves Wi-Fi reception on remote computers and smartphones, ensuring a stable and reliable connection.
Also RT-AC66U is distinguished by its high operating speed. The wireless LAN is of a gigabit class, the throughput is 1750 megabits per second. Wired is also gigabit. All devices connected to this router Asus will exchange data at a very high speed, and if there is an appropriate Internet, they will also be able to download, for example, streaming 4K video without signal delay.
The router is equipped with two USB ports. Print server, media server and FTP server are supported, as well as connection to 3G / 4G modem.
- AiRadar power distribution technology;
- Fast, easy setup via 'wizard' and web interface;
- Supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi, running concurrently with 2.4 GHz.
- Relatively high price (for appropriate functionality);
- May interfere with some 2.4GHz equipment (such as wireless mice or keyboards);
- Low-functional firmware, like many other routers Asus in the ranking.
Why it is: Multifunctional firmware.
The main advantage of this router Asus is the firmware, which supports many functions useful in everyday use. So, with its help, you can optimize the distribution of network resources between connected devices, setting them a priority; start offline download of files to an external hard drive; start a VPN server with encryption of all traffic; and much more.
Like the previous router on the list, this model supports AiRadar technology, which automatically distributes the broadcast power of the wireless network, giving it directional features. Wi-Fi itself has a bandwidth of 900 Mbps. Supported broadcasting 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, and you can distribute them simultaneously.
Also, the RT-N66U router Asus is equipped with two built-in USB ports for connecting external devices, including 3G / 4G modems and printers to work as a print server.
- High power, and with third-party firmware you can raise it above the stock;
- Multifunctional firmware;
- Attractive design.
- Perceptible heating;
- Bright diodes that can illuminate the entire room at night (one is even on the power supply);
- Overpriced (but with skillful use – more than acceptable).
Why it is: High antenna gain and built-in quad-core processor.
This router Asus is suitable not only for home use, but also for such specific cases when you need to provide ultra-fast processing of a large number of packets. The built-in quad-core processor is responsible for the performance of the device, which is complemented by a relatively large amount of RAM – 128 megabytes.
But the main advantage of Asus RT-AC58U is powerful antennas. The router has four of them, and each has a gain of 5 dBi. This provides a wide network coverage area and a stable Internet connection.
The router is a dual-band, it supports simultaneous broadcasting in 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. The maximum throughput for the older generation is 867 Mbps. LAN ports are also gigabit.
There is also a USB connector for connecting a printer, an external hard drive (for a print server or FTP server, respectively) or a 3G / 4G modem.
- You can distribute guest networks – up to three in each range;
- High signal strength;
- An excellent combination of price and technical characteristics.
- Separate configuration of some operating parameters is required, such as 5 GHz Wi-Fi (disabled out of the box);
- Short Ethernet cable included;
- Rigidly fixed antennas, replacing them with third-party ones without destroying the case will not work.
Why it is: A budget router with AiRadar signal directionality.
Like many other routers in the ranking, this model supports AiRadar technology, which automatically distributes the broadcast power of Wi-Fi, creating the so-called 'directivity' – thereby ensuring the most stable connection even from remote devices. However, it is worth noting that it is single-band at 2.4 GHz.
Despite the single-band router, it delivers up to 600 megabits per second through the combination of a high-performance processor and proprietary TurboQAM data acceleration technology.
For local wired connections, 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports are used. These are complemented by Turbo NAT technologies to speed up NAT. There are also USB ports to which you can connect an external hard drive for an FTP server, a printer for a print server, or a 3G / 4G modem for communication with the mobile Internet.
- Gigabit broadcasting in wired mode, close to gigabit in wireless;
- AiRadar technology that increases the coverage area up to 150%;
- Stability with multiple connections.
- Perceptible heating;
- Slow reboot;
- Supports few third-party firmwares to expand functionality.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.