Despite the fact that the format of ultraportable notebooks (netbooks) is gradually being replaced from the market by tablets and hybrid computers, some companies continue to produce such devices.
- Rating of the best netbooks
- How to choose a netbook – criteria to pay attention to
- Which company netbook to choose
- Ranking of the best budget netbooks
- Dell Inspiron 3162
- ASUS R209HA
- Acer ASPIRE R3-131T
- HP Stream 11
- Best Premium Netbook
- Apple MacBook Early 2016
- Which netbook to buy
Rating of the best netbooks
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best low-cost netbooks||1||Dell Inspiron 3162||14600 RUB.|
|2||ASUS R209HA||15 200 RUB.|
|3||Acer ASPIRE R3-131T||21 900 RUB.|
|4||HP Stream 11||14 900 RUB.|
|Best Premium Netbook||1||Apple MacBook Early 2016||RUB 57,000|
How to choose a netbook – criteria to pay attention to
When choosing a netbook, you should first of all pay attention to the following technical characteristics:
- The amount of RAM. Determines the performance of a computer when performing several tasks at once – for example, when working on the Internet. The minimum 'viable' amount of RAM in 2018 for a netbook running an operating system Windows 7 or newer is 2 GB;
- Built-in storage capacity. Determines the amount of data that can be stored on the netbook. Modern ultraportable laptops can be equipped with very small internal storage – 32 GB or more. If you don't plan to store anything in the netbook, you can purchase a model with such a disc. But in order to keep personal data in the computer, you need a device with a full-fledged HDD of 250 GB or more;
- Internal storage type. The speed of loading, waking up and working of the netbook depends on it. HDDs usually have relatively low performance, but are inexpensive (in terms of price per gigabyte of data). SSDs are fast, but expensive. Flash memory is fast, inexpensive, but small;
- Generation of the processor. Since one cannot expect high performance from a netbook, the specific technical characteristics of the chip (number of cores, processing threads, clock frequency) do not really matter. Instead, you should pay attention to the power consumption and the intensity of heating the processor. And they, in turn, are directly related to the generation of the chip. The fresher it is, the better;
- Battery life. The higher it is, the better. Modern netbooks show autonomy of about 8-10 hours, which allows you to take them with you to work, leaving the charger at home.
- If necessary, you can pay attention to other technical characteristics, such as screen diagonal and resolution, the presence of a touch screen, design (classic laptop or transformer), etc.
Which company netbook to choose
When choosing a netbook on an operating system Windows, you should pay attention first of all to products from the 'big five' – Dell, Asus, Lenovo, Acer and HP. Unless the company Lenovo now produces ultraportable computers exclusively from the Yoga series – expensive and hybrid.
In addition, there are netbooks in the company's lineup Apple. However, they belong to the top-end price range.
All of these companies make reliable and productive mobile computers. In addition, they have authorized service centers throughout Russia, which is also an advantage.
Ranking of the best budget netbooks
Dell Inspiron 3162
Dell Inspiron 3162 takes the first line of our rating. 11.6 '' subnotebook with entry-level processor (Intel Pentium or Intel Celeron depending on configuration), 2-4 GB RAM, integrated graphics and hard drive from 32 GB SSD up to 500 GB HDD. It is distinguished by its low weight – only within 1.2 kg, striking design and high autonomy. The manufacturer claims 10 hours of work from the built-in battery, but this is at a low display brightness. With its increase, the battery life can be reduced to 6-7 hours.
One of the main advantages of the netbook is its pleasant and comfortable keyboard. Therefore, it is perfectly suited to work in 'road conditions' It is complemented by a large and accurate touchpad.
Other positive qualities include the reliability of the plastic, the tightness of the assembly of the device and the attractive appearance. There are also two full USB ports, a memory card slot, and a full size HDMI for connecting to an external display or projector.
- Convenient keyboard;
- Lots of available configurations;
- Lots of ports for connecting external devices;
- Reliable body materials;
- Large bezels around the display;
- Active cooling system.
11.6-inch netbook on the processor Intel Atom – energy efficient, does not require active cooling. Thanks to this, it was possible to reduce the weight of the device to 1 kg. In addition, the netbook is equipped with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of SSD storage. The main advantage of the netbook is its high battery life, which is more than 13 hours according to the manufacturer.
Asus The R209HA is one of the best netbooks out there if you plan on running in 'tattered' mode. He quickly falls asleep, quickly wakes up. At the same time, 2 GB of RAM will be enough to work in office applications and a web browser.
In addition, the netbook has an attractive design that 'inherited' the design of the company's flagship Ultrabooks. Is that the case is plastic to reduce the cost, and not metal.
- Attractive design;
- High battery life;
- SSD storage;
- Passive cooling;
- Small amount of built-in storage.
Acer ASPIRE R3-131T
Netbook Acer ASPIRE R3-131T gets the third place in the rating. 11.6-inch transformer (screen hinges allow it to turn into a tablet after rotating the screen around the keyboard by almost 360 degrees) with a Intel Celeron processor. Equipped with 2 GB of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive. The built-in battery lasts for 7 hours of battery life.
The main advantage of the netbook is the touch screen and the large hard drive. This makes it not only a work device, but also a multimedia device. By placing the netbook in 'presentation' or 'marquee' mode (differ in the angle of the screen tilt), you can get a convenient device for watching movies, online videos or music.
- Configuration 'transformer' .;
- Large hard drive;
- Unproductive hardware platform.
HP Stream 11
11.6 '' subnotebook with Intel Celeron processor, 4GB RAM and 32GB flash storage. Very light – less than 1.2 kg. The built-in dual-cell battery lasts for 10 hours at medium screen brightness. It features a bright and beautiful design.
The main advantage of the subnotebook is the matte screen. It does not glare even in direct sunlight, so you can work with the device outdoors.
In addition, the netbook is equipped with a comfortable keyboard.
- 4 GB of RAM;
- High autonomy;
- Convenient keyboard;
- Matte display;
- Small amount of built-in storage.
Best Premium Netbook
Apple MacBook Early 2016
Technically, this device belongs to the class of ultrabooks. However, it has a small screen diagonal of 12 inches and weighs less than a kilogram. Therefore, it can be considered a kind of 'netbook'.
Despite the very low weight, the laptop is equipped with a nimble processor from the Intel Core m5 series, 8 GB of RAM, a 256 or 512 GB SSD, depending on the configuration, and a battery that lasts for 11 hours of battery life . In addition, the device has a proprietary Retina display with high resolution (2304 × 1440 pixels) and excellent color reproduction.
MacBook is a device that is designed to work. It is distinguished by its high performance, convenience and practicality.
- Excellent display;
- Long battery life;
- Powerful hardware platform;
- Non-standard operating system macOS.
Which netbook to buy
- If budget is sufficient, it is worth getting Apple MacBook. It is fast and efficient.
- In the budget segment, the models Asus R209HA and HP Stream 11 are especially interesting. Due to the fact that they have SSD and eMMC drives, respectively, they are distinguished by a very high operating speed. But you will have to regularly use flash drives and external hard drives.
- If you need to 'carry everything with you', then you should pay attention to netbooks with a built-in hard drive – Dell Inspiron 3162 and Acer Aspire R3-131T.