Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Microphone for a computer – a universal device that can also be used to communicate via Internet telephony or in multiplayer games; and for recording music. Therefore, it is important that he captures the voice with high quality.
- Rating of the best microphones for the computer
- How to choose a microphone for a computer – the main criteria
- Microphone for a computer which company to choose
- Best inexpensive microphones for your computer
- SVEN MK-490
- Plantronics Audi o 300
- Genius MIC-01A
- The best microphones for a computer in terms of price-quality ratio
- Trust GXT 210 USB
- Sony ECM-MS907
- Shure PG27USB
- Which microphone for a computer to buy
Rating of the best microphones for the computer
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best inexpensive microphones for your computer||1||SVEN MK-490||690 RUB|
|2||Plantronics Audi o 300||470 RUB|
|3||Genius MIC-01A||320 RUB.|
|The best microphones for a computer in terms of price-quality ratio||1||Trust GXT 210 USB||999 RUB.|
|2||Sony ECM-MS907||5720 RUB.|
|Best USB microphone for vocals||1||Shure PG27USB||17 700 RUB.|
How to choose a microphone for a computer – the main criteria
When choosing a microphone for a computer, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Connection type. Microphones can use line-in or USB. The first option is preferable for users who need detailed audio tuning. But for the highest quality recording, you will need to supplement the microphone with a good sound card. USB devices often have their own audio chip, which is enough for simple sound processing – but not enough for high-quality vocals or clear voice recordings. But they can work without a sound card;
- Microphone type. Distinguish between dynamic and capacitor devices. The first ones have a simple design, are durable and low in price. The audio capture quality is sufficient for Internet calls or online communication. Condenser microphones are better for recording voices or vocals. Although they are more expensive, they have a high quality audio capture;
- Directionality. Omnidirectional models capture all ambient sounds. Directional – then only sounds from a certain area, so that the voice is obtained without background noise, but it will not be possible to move away from the computer to say something from afar;
- Sound pressure. This parameter shows the maximum volume that the microphone can withstand without the appearance of aberrations. If you plan to record loud sounds, you should choose a device with a high value of this parameter (more than 120-140 dB);
- Sensitivity. Opposite to sound pressure parameter – shows the minimum volume that the microphone is able to recognize. If you plan to whisper, you should choose a device with high sensitivity (up to 20-30 dB).
- The signal-to-noise ratio is also important. The fact is that all the sensitive elements of the microphones generate background white noise that can be heard in the recording. Therefore, for the most accurate voice capture, it is worth choosing devices with a high signal-to-noise ratio – from 50 dB.
Microphone for a computer which company to choose
The choice of the manufacturer directly depends on the intended use of the device. For example, for Internet telephony or just voice communication, a quite budget model from companies such as Sven, Genius or Plantronic is also suitable.
But for voice recording for subsequent processing or publication, you should choose a higher quality model from companies such as Trust, Sony or Shure.
Best inexpensive microphones for your computer
A very simple and cheap microphone that works well for chatting on the Internet. Placed on a stand, it also has a shutdown button. Supplemented with a flexible leg. Connects to a computer via line-in.
The sensitivity of the model is rather low – 58 dB. Therefore, it will not work to whisper into it. The microphone is omnidirectional.
It is advisable to use a microphone with a discrete sound card. Then the device will provide high-quality audio capture.
- Low price;
- Off button on stand;
- Flexible leg;
- Low sensitivity;
- It is advisable to use a discrete sound card.
Plantronics Audi o 300
A budget electret (a kind of condenser) microphone with a high sensitivity of 39 dB. Omnidirectional, therefore it captures well even a low voice regardless of the angle of the 'receiver' placement. The model is suitable for voice communication over the Internet.
The model is connected to a computer through a regular line-in (3.5 mm 'jack'). There is a built-in noise reduction system, but only monotonic signals are suppressed. The mute button is located on the microphone.
The sensitivity range of the model is 100-8000 Hz. Captures the voice without transmitting subtle intonations.
Suitable for use with both discrete and integrated sound cards.
- High sensitivity;
- Mute button on microphone;
- Noise reduction system;
- Narrow frequency spectrum sensitivity range;
A simple but high quality microphone with good sound transmission. The sensitivity is low, 62 dB, but at the same time the voice picks up in sufficient detail. Designed primarily for voice communication. Connects to a computer via a regular line-in.
The frequency range is 100-10000 dB, it picks up the intonation in the voice well. The design of the model is collapsible – the main module can be detached from the stand and attached, for example, to clothes. Because of this, however, it lacks a shutdown button.
The microphone is omnidirectional, but at the same time it practically does not pick up external noises coming, for example, from PC components. Can be used with both built-in and integrated sound cards.
- Wide frequency range;
- Collapsible design;
- Built-in noise reduction system;
- Relatively low sensitivity;
- No shutdown button.
The best microphones for a computer in terms of price-quality ratio
Trust GXT 210 USB
Electret omnidirectional microphone with built-in sound chip. Connects to a computer via USB. Equipped with a built-in noise cancellation system, but mostly dampens only monotonous third-party sounds. Focuses on voice communication, including multiplayer games.
Microphone sensitivity is high. Captures the voice well, even if the speaker is far enough from the receiver. The frequency range is standard – 100-10000 Hz.
The design of the model includes a rigid leg, a stand with a lighting system, an off button and a 1.5-meter cable.
- Built-in sound chip;
- Captures the voice well;
- Built-in noise reduction system;
- Rigid leg.
Amateur-grade stereo condenser microphone. It has a unidirectional configuration with a choice of acoustic zone widths between 90 and 120 degrees. Needs additional power, runs on battery. Connects to a computer via a standard line-in (3.5 mm).
The sensitivity of the model is high, 30 dB. The maximum supported sound pressure is 110 dB. The 'perceived' frequency range is 15-15000 Hz.
As a result, the microphone is well suited for recording music, voice and other sounds with subsequent processing. Can be used with portable voice recorders or recorders. The package includes a pop filter.
- Good equipment;
- Stereo recording;
- High sensitivity;
- Selection of the width of the acoustic zone;
- Powered by batteries. One battery lasts about 100 hours of recording.
Large diaphragm USB condenser microphone. Suitable for recording voice, vocals, music, other audio for post-processing or publishing. Thanks to its larger diaphragm, it captures loud, punchy sounds (such as bass or audio) without distortion.
The main advantage of the microphone is a very wide dynamic range of over 150 dB. This ensures that all shades of voice or music are captured with natural sound reproduction. Therefore, it is suitable for performers, vocalists, as well as for organizing a home studio.
- Very wide dynamic range;
- Larger diaphragm;
- Built-in sound chip;
- Relatively large size;
- Meager equipment.
Which microphone for a computer to buy
The choice of a microphone for a computer is directly determined by its intended use. For example, if you just need to communicate on Skype or in multiplayer games, then you can pay attention to the ultra-budget models from Sven, Plantronics and Genius. The best quality in these use cases is provided by a microphone from Trust.
A Sony microphone works well for voice recording. But the Shure model is for recording vocals or music.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.