Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
An ice maker is required for the continuous production of ice cubes. This is necessary if you often drink iced drinks or regularly receive guests. Moreover, such a device is needed if you have your own bar or cafe. Icemakers are capable of creating different types of ice, in large quantities or in small quantities, and they come in different sizes and capacities. How to choose the best icemaker from this variety? We have collected the highest quality and most productive models especially for you to make it easier for you to decide.
- How to choose the best icemaker
- Rating of the best icemakers
- GASTRORAG IM-50
- CASO IceMaster Ecostyle
- PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079
- Clatronic EWB 3526
- Gastrorag DB-02
- Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 l
How to choose the best icemaker
An ice maker is a device that must be chosen correctly. The choice will depend not only on your needs, but also on the purpose that you want to give the model. For home, country, office or business use of the ice maker, different devices are needed. Therefore, we have compiled a list of recommendations that will help you decide on an option.
- Determine exactly what you need an icemaker for. If you are a frequent drinker of cocktails or chilled drinks, you will need a mid-range model. If you only occasionally need to freeze a portion of ice, it is better to buy a low-power and inexpensive generator. A productive and fast icemaker will be needed if you open a cafe or bar – the loads on the device will be completely different, as well as the need for ice. Therefore, it is important to decide right away why you need the device.
- See what types of ice the appliance generates. Modern icemakers are capable of producing ice of several shapes: cubic, finger, flake, granular. There are also models that produce non-standard types of ice – shaped, spherical or hemispherical and so on. Flake and granular ice cannot be added to drinks and alcohol, it is intended for storing food in display cases and for quickly cooling bottles.
- Decide what performance you need. It is necessary to estimate how much ice you need and for what time. Based on this, choose performance. The higher it is, the more ice there will be in less time. But the cost of a 'fast' device will be more expensive. So if you drink iced tea once a day, you don't need a generator that can freeze 100 cubes in an hour.
- Learn what kind of cooling the icemaker uses. Devices can be water and air. The former use water to cool the chamber and freeze the ice. They use less electricity, take up little space and can be built into various surfaces. But on the other hand, they consume a lot of water, require a connection to the sewage system and are more expensive. Air is cheaper, easier to install, and can be delivered anywhere. But they take up more space (they cannot be leaned against the wall, you need at least 50-70 cm of space) and require frequent cleaning of the capacitors.
- If you need a small icemaker, take a look at the jellied models. These are the simplest models that do not require connection to the sewerage and water supply. They produce small amounts of ice and consume only a little electricity. This generator is ideal for a home or mini-bar.
- See where the ice will be stored. There are two options – a built-in small-volume hopper or a portable storage device in models designed for freezing more than 100-150 kilograms of ice per day. In the first case (as a rule, these are all home models and options for a cafe), it is important to turn off the device in time or empty the bunker – it quickly fills with ice.
- Determine where you want to install the device. Models available for recessed or floor or table installation. It is only important that you can bring all the necessary communications to the chosen place.
- Take a closer look at the design of the model. If the icemaker is for you not only a way to get a few cubes of frozen water, but also a part of the interior, then you should look at models with colorful designs. If it stands in the far corner in a cafe or bar, the appearance of the device is not important.
- If your area has hard water, consider purchasing an icemaker with a water softener. This device is necessary for the generator to run longer. Hard water spoils the 'insides' of the generator and leaves deposits. In addition, it is simply unhealthy to drink it, even frozen.
Actually, these recommendations are enough to select the optimal icemaker for home, office, summer cottage or small business. By choosing the right device, you will not overpay and you will not get a device whose power you will miss.
Rating of the best icemakers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best icemakers||1||GASTRORAG IM-50||42 170 RUB|
|2||CASO IceMaster Ecostyle||RUB 18,590|
|3||PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079||RUB 22,990|
|4||Clatronic EWB 3526||RUB 20,990|
|5||Gastrorag DB-02||RUB 12,990|
|6||Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 l||RUB 13,990|
High performance finger ice model. The icemaker is capable of freezing up to 50 kilograms of ice per day, therefore it is well suited for popular bars and cafes. The icemaker is air-cooled, so it is important to give it space. It is convenient that the device has indicators for filling the hopper and lack of water. He will signal if he needs something, so you won't be able to miss the problem.
The device received a sturdy and reliable metal case made of stainless steel. This will allow him to work for a long time, even in the most active production, without breaking down. But because of the material, the icemaker weighs 47 kilograms. The device is quite large – 54x61x82 cm, so it is better to install it on the floor. The model has a built-in hopper for 13 kilograms. Unfortunately, the generator can only make one type of ice in one size – fingers 27 mm thick and 42 mm high. So it will not be possible to diversify the 'ice menu', and all drinks will come with ice of the same shape and size.
- High performance.
- Indication of lack of water and fullness of the bunker.
- Sturdy metal body.
- One type and size of ice.
CASO IceMaster Ecostyle
Small compact ice maker with low performance. Ideal for home, small bars and cafes, makes up to 12 kilograms of ice per day. The icemaker works very quickly – it freezes one portion of ice in 6-13 minutes. The finished product is stored in a small hopper for one serving. There is a viewing window on the lid – through it you can observe the freezing process. The ice maker is made of metal and plastic in a chic modern design, it is compact and light – only 24x34x35 cm and weighs 9.3 kilograms. So you can put it on a table or bar without worrying about the integrity of the latter. A big plus is good thermal insulation. The ice in the bunker can stay and not melt for several hours.
The icemaker is flooded, so it is important to maintain the water level. The reservoir is only 1.7 liters, but the indication of the lack of water will allow you not to forget about the timely replenishment. The device turns off automatically after making a portion of ice and beeps loudly, attracting the attention of the owner. The good news is that the generator is capable of producing ice of two sizes, but only of one type – finger.
- Indication of completion of work and lack of water.
- Quick freeze – 6 to 13 minutes.
- Produces ice in two sizes.
- The bunker holds only a few portions of ice – it will not be possible to freeze it for future use
PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079
Another mini icemaker for the office, home or small cafe. It is capable of producing up to 15 kilograms of finger ice per day. Freezes one portion of ice in 10 minutes. The tank holds up to 1.7 liters of water, and if there is not enough water for operation, the device starts beeping and demanding to top up the liquid. The generator also reports when the ice container is full. In fact, this generator is slightly better than the previous rating model. But it costs almost a third more and looks less chic.
The device is made according to the filling type. Therefore, it does not require connection to the water supply or sewerage system The ice maker is so compact and convenient that it can even be taken out into the countryside. Provided that you can find where to connect it to power. It weighs only 10 kilograms and has dimensions of 28x36x39 cm. The case is combined, made of metal and plastic. The lid has a viewing window for monitoring the ice freeze.
- Quick freeze ice – up to 9 fingers in 10 minutes.
- Indication of completion of work and lack of water.
- Small bunker – it will not work to freeze ice for future use.
- High price.
Clatronic EWB 3526
An interesting model for home or office. The productivity of the icemaker is up to 15 kilograms per day, it makes up to 9 ice cubes in 10 minutes. The big water capacity is 2.2 liters, which is 500 ml more than the previous two models. It needs to be refilled less often than the previous ones. This will allow you not to worry about the amount of ice and maintenance of the device. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to take it out to nature – the model is designed only for indoor use.
The icemaker is bulk, therefore it is necessary to monitor the amount of water in the tank. The model has three indicators – fullness, lack of water and work. The icemaker is more expensive than the similarly functional CASO IceMaster Ecostyle. But with the increased volume of the water tank and the enlarged hopper, this can be forgiven. The device is quite compact and will find a place on any table or bar counter – it weighs 10 kilograms and has dimensions of 24.5x33x37 cm. But the design disappoints – the ice maker looks more like an inexpensive bread maker than anything else.
- Large water tank (2.2 liters).
- Quick freeze – up to 9 fingers in 10 minutes.
- Indication of completion of work, start of work and lack of water.
- Not the nicest design.
The younger brother of the leader of our rating icemaker. This model is intended for home or office use, it is also suitable for a small cafe. The device is capable of freezing up to 15 kilograms of ice in 24 hours, up to 9 cubes in 10 minutes. It is a jellied icemaker that produces traditional cubic ice in two sizes. The device has a small water tank – only 1.5 liters. So you will have to frequently replenish stocks. The bunker holds up to a kilogram of ice.
The icemaker received a stainless steel body and a cover with a viewing window. We were pleased that there are carrying handles on the sides, which is convenient. Despite the usual performance for a home generator, this model is larger and heavier – it weighs 13 kilograms and has dimensions of 30.5x35x36 cm.So, it may be too heavy for your desk, and you will have to look for a more reliable place. The design is also disappointing – the icemaker looks unattractive, more like an industrial model. But the model turned out to be cheap and affordable, which is a big plus.
- Produces traditional cube ice in two sizes.
- Low price of an icemaker.
- There are handles for carrying.
- Large and heavy body – not fit on every table.
- Small water tank (1.5 liters).
Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 l
And completing our rating is an inexpensive and efficient icemaker. The device has a capacity of up to 15 kg of ice per day. In 10 minutes, up to 9 pieces can freeze inside. The great advantage of the model is that it is capable of producing three sizes of finger ice at once. The water tank will hold 2.2 liters. The ice hopper can store 800 grams of finished fingers for hours. The device reminds you to top up water if it runs out, and reports a lack of water.
The model is rather large and heavy – it weighs 11 kilograms and measures 25x36x33 cm. The design is more reminiscent of industrial icemakers, so it may not fit into a modern kitchen. A serious advantage is the timer for turning on the icemaker. You can pour water into it and set the time when it starts freezing. And then by the appointed hour you will have fresh ice in the bunker. Just don't forget to remove it.
- Three sizes of pre-made ice fingers.
- Large water tank (2.2 liters).
- Timer to freeze ice at the right time.
- Inconvenient weight and dimensions, you need to look for a safe place.
- Flimsy plastic cover.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.