Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
One of the types of cash register equipment is a scanner barcode. This device is becoming more and more affordable, so that they are quite capable of equipping even a small point of sale. And already about the speed of serving visitors and automation of accounting and say no. Today we let’s talk about such practically irreplaceable assistants in trade and warehouse accounting and summarize a small rating of specific models according to the recommendations of our specialized experts.
- How to choose a barcode scanner
- Rating of the best barcode scanners
- The best price / quality barcode scanners
- Honeywell 1910i Granit (1910iER-3USB)
- Datalogic QuickScan I QBT2400 (QBT2430-BK-BTK1)
- Datalogic Cobalto CO5300
- The best barcode scanners with AliExpress
- NETUM NT-2028
- YK&SCAN YK-6200
- Aibecy 1D Wired Barcode Scanner
How to choose a barcode scanner
To get started, let’s figure out what types of scanners are generally barcodes and in what conditions will they be the most appropriate.
Basic accepted in a professional classification environment barcode scanners include: stationary and manual scanners; LED photo and laser; wired and wireless.
- Stationary (multi-plane) are obviously more suitable for large points of sales and retail chains, where it is highly desirable minimize the number of cashier manipulations with the equipment. They much faster and more accurate than manual ones.
- With wired and wireless, everything is more or less obvious: they can be connected to control equipment (computer with related software, cash register and other) via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth over the air.
As for the principle of reading (actually, scanning barcode), here everything is a little more complicated, and more on that below.
- LED options are usually the most affordable, but they are the least accurate and productive. They have increased requirements for the quality of the printed code, bring the contact the surface needs to be as close as possible, the scanner hardly tolerates deformations of the surface of the barcode carrier, which is very distributed in retail chains.
- A much more preferred option is a laser scanner. At such devices significantly increased the acceptable distance to scanned object, they are not so demanding on quality image and form of media. Such a scanner can work with coasters (even being manual, it is not necessary to keep it constantly in hands), allows any inclination of the media. In fairness It is worth saying that laser scanners also have disadvantages: low impact resistance; sensitivity to attritions of carriers and glossy surface.
- Finally, the third option, which is getting more recent distribution and recognition – photo scanning. Without going into the intricacies of technical details, let’s say that scanners of this type, the entire barcode is read immediately, and not its “slice”, but embedded specialized software in shares seconds completes the rest of the error correction work, analysis of the correctness of the received data, etc.
Rating of the best barcode scanners
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best price / quality barcode scanners||1||Honeywell 1910i Granit (1910iER-3USB)||34 600 rub.|
|2||Datalogic QuickScan I QBT2400 (QBT2430-BK-BTK1)||14 400 rub.|
|3||Datalogic Cobalto CO5300||10 500 rub.|
|The best barcode scanners with AliExpress||1||NETUM NT-2028||2 950 rub.|
|2||YK&SCAN YK-6200||5 490 rub.|
|3||Aibecy 1D Wired Barcode Scanner||890 rub|
The best price / quality barcode scanners
Now we go directly to the rating, and first of all consider barcode scanners that are specialized specialists considered optimal by key parameters: quality, operability, functionality and cost.
Honeywell 1910i Granit (1910iER-3USB)
The first priority in our selection is one of the most expensive barcode scanners manufactured by the American company Honeywell. This is an industrial-grade device, despite the manual form factor.
The device is made in a sturdy plastic case, protected from falls. Dimensions: 133x195x75 mm, weight – 300 g. has the following conditional quantitative expression: up to 5000 drops on a concrete floor from a height of 1 m and up to 50 drops on a concrete floor with height 2 m.
The two-dimensional photo scanner uses Adaptus 6.0 technology, which provides extremely high barcode reading accuracy and correct interpretation. Due to branded for this development developer, this model is characterized by expanded scanning field, increased perception range (linear codes with a stroke thickness of 0.508 mm are read correctly at a distance of up to 75 cm).
The interface also comes with the device. cable. The manufacturer’s warranty on this model is 36 months.
- increased range;
- extended scan area;
- exceptional impact resistance.
- not found.
Datalogic QuickScan I QBT2400 (QBT2430-BK-BTK1)
The second model in our ranking is quality and good self Proven Datalogic barcode scanner – authoritative world company with half a century of history. Pleasant bonus of this model – more than twice the price at compared with the previous scanner with similar characteristics.
The reading principle of this scanner is almost the same as the previous one. – 2D Image with a resolution of 752×480 with illumination of 610 nm. Valid the limit of contrast of the printed barcode is 25%. Horizontal and vertical reading angles – 65 and 60 degrees, respectively minimum error.
The device recognizes and interprets all standard 1D barcodes in automatic mode, including linear family codes GS1 DataBar ™. The scanner also recognizes two-dimensional codes: families Aztec, Data Matrix, various QR codes, etc. Exact list Depends on the modification, you need to specify at the point of sale.
Device dimensions: 16.3×9.1×4.1 cm, weight – 200 g. Incoming power supply – 1400 mAh. The scanner is made in the housing of high-quality black plastic with separate artifacts other shades. Moisture protection is absent.
Wireless communication with the receiving party is carried out by Bluetooth The manufacturer’s warranty on the device is three of the year.
- reputable brand;
- Attractive design
- relatively affordable price;
- hardy enough.
- no moisture protection;
- no wifi connection.
Datalogic Cobalto CO5300
And the final item in the selection of the optimal scanner rating barcodes – the Cobalto CO5300 is also from Datalogic, as well as the previous model, only in this case we are already dealing with a different reading principle.
In its form factor, this model is something average between a stationary and a hand scanner, namely a desktop one. By reading principle – laser, which is a definite plus.
Functionality regarding the susceptibility of various standards barcodes for this model are significantly limited compared to with the two scanners described above, but the performance is truly outstanding – 1,500 “runs” of the beam in the image per second. The resolution is in the range of 0.130 mm / 5 mils.
The body of the device is made of fairly sturdy plastic, so that a barcode scanner can easily and without consequences withstand falling onto a hard floor from a height of 1.5 m. Connection to the host stations – only wired, via USB.
- high performance;
- stability and shock resistance;
- relatively affordable price;
- laser reading principle.
- limited coverage of barcode standards.
The best barcode scanners with AliExpress
Now, as part of our rating, we’ll do something unexpected move and consider the three options for barcode scanners, Chinese whose origin is not in doubt. But really, we not going to mislead our readers, and all three presented models have been tested and comprehensively studied our experts.
The motivation for this approach is obvious in this case. Scanners bar codes, especially manual ones, no matter how high-quality they are – it is a product that almost equates to wear with consumables. So, if there is an opportunity to buy a scanner that will cost ten to fifteen times cheaper “branded”, and will last as much, then simple mathematics prompts a reasonable decision.
Let’s start with a simple, straightforward, but convenient trading solution. NETUM brands. It is a compact wireless scanner with dimensions 170x70x100 and weighing 170 g. The case is made of rubberized ABS plastic.
The principle of reading the scanner is laser. Distance range recognition – from 10 to 800 mm. Laser Run Speed 120 times per second in the image. Read accurate to 0.1 mm Reading angles – from 45 to 60 degrees. Range with line of sight without interference – up to 300 m, with obstacles – up to 150 m. In the presence of external lighting, the scanner shows resistance to ambient light fluorescent lamps 4000 lm.
Powered by lithium battery barcode scanner 68mA in operation and 48mA in standby. Supports many encodings, including EAN, Plessey, Interleave and others.
- laser reading principle;
- resistance to light interference;
- outstanding “range”;
- affordable price.
- almost “zero” maintainability.
The second in the top three ranking of “good Chinese” is the model YK-6200. Its fundamental difference from previous options is that it is an omnidirectional desktop laser-type action scanner. Active beam is a high-brightness laser produced by a special LED.
The operating parameters of the device are as follows: speed crankshaft – 2100 times / sec; scanning angles – 72 and 82 degrees horizontally and vertically, respectively; working temperature – from 0 to 55 degrees above zero; power consumption – 3.9 watts
The device is made in a case made of durable plastic, withstanding drop from a height of up to 2 meters. The scanner is equipped sound source. Supports all the most codes used are from EAN-8 to zip codes.
- desktop form factor;
- shockproof housing.
- poor maintainability.
Aibecy 1D Wired Barcode Scanner
And it completes this rating group, and at the same time our entire review, Chinese scanner, which, in fact, is a whole a series of hand-held scanners, similar in basic parameters and technical characteristics.
In the nomenclature of this series there is a code “1D”, but on the actual In fact, most models available on AliExpress support much more advanced scanning capabilities – 2D, QR, etc. d.
Technologically, the model is simple and Uncomplicated device with a comfortable grip. According to reviews users in various countries, the scanner adapts perfectly to PCs, cash registers and POS-terminals of various models and series.
Supports automatic and manual scanning, can work wirelessly. Battery Autonomy 2000mAh capacity. There is a built-in flash memory for 2100 barcodes. Compatible with all popular operating systems, including Linux family systems.
- ease of use;
- memory for more than 2 thousand barcodes;
- capacious battery.
- maintainability is almost zero – only a replacement.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.