Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The Japanese company Sony is one of the world's largest manufacturers of multimedia equipment. She is especially famous for her cameras. The sensors authored by this manufacturer are installed in smartphones, cameras, and almost all other devices that are only capable of taking photos and videos. Therefore, it is not surprising that the Sony cameras themselves are of the highest quality and functionality.
For lovers of high-quality camera work – even if you are shooting a walk in the woods or a celebration with your closest people – we have compiled a rating of the 5 best Sony camcorders that are practical and functional.
Rating of the best Sony camcorders
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best Sony camcorders||1||Sony FDR-AX700||RUB 88,870|
|2||Sony FDR-AX100E||RUB 75 900|
|3||Sony FDR AX-33|
|4||Sony HDR-CX625||RUB 23,400|
|5||Sony HDR-CX405||14 390 rub.|
Why her: Supports 4K video recording, powerful zoom.
The company itself calls this model not just a camera, but a camcorder, taking it to the next level – the level of professional photography. And this is not surprising. Compact and lightweight device that weighs only less than a kilogram, is capable of recording at 4K 30 fps (or Full HD 120 fps), supports 12x optical and 198x digital zoom, and also supports manual shooting .
The heart of the camcorder is a 14.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with a physical size of 1 ”. It is complemented by a fixed lens with a focal length of 9.3 to 111.6 mm (which is due to the optical zoom) and an aperture of f / 2.8 – f / 4.5. Supports installation of filters with a diameter of 62 mm. This is complemented by a mechanical image stabilizer to eliminate the shake effect when shooting handheld.
The camcorder also features a 3.5-inch 1.5-megapixel LCD touch screen and an advanced viewfinder.
- Low weight of the device, only 935 grams;
- Rich package of delivery, including a lot of useful accessories;
- Support for video recording in 4K UHD resolution.
- Low frame rate when shooting at maximum resolution;
- There is no media included (no memory cards, no internal storage of the device itself);
- The H.265 codec is not supported, which reduces the 'weight' of high definition video.
Why It: Supports ultra-high definition video recording, lightweight.
The FDR-AX100E has many similarities to the FDR-AX700. However, it is equipped with a less powerful image processor. Otherwise, the technical characteristics of this model are similar to those of the leader of the rating.
In particular, the FRD-AX100E model is equipped with a 12.4-megapixel CMOS sensor with a physical size of 1 ”. It is complemented by a lens that supports 12x optical zoom and 160x digital. The aperture is f / 2.8 – f / 4.5. You can manually set exposure and focus, but it's worth using the automatic focus modes – there are five of them here, and they work well even when zooming. A mechanical image stabilizer is also included.
An LCD touch screen for easy use is also available. There is also a viewfinder.
The camcorder can shoot in 4K, while providing maximum image sharpness. Although the frame rate in this mode is only 25 Pro fps.
- 'Fair 4K' with increased clarity of objects in the frame;
- Possibility of detailed manual adjustment of all shooting parameters;
- There is a night mode and infrared illumination.
- Slow autofocus;
- Proprietary 'shoe' format for connecting external devices, adapters are required;
- The proprietary format of connectors for connecting remote control devices, standard LANC will not work.
Sony FDR AX-33
Why her: An ultra-compact camcorder with ultra-high definition support.
Despite the fact that the FDR AX-33 camcorder itself belongs to the category of 'amateur' devices, professional operators will also appreciate it. The high-performance image processor installed in the device allows you to receive an 'honest' 4K video stream. And while the device weighs only 600 grams!
The device is based on a 8.29-megapixel CMOS sensor with a physical size of 1 / 2.3 ”. It is complemented by a non-removable lens with a focal length of 3.8-38 mm (10x optical zoom is supported) and aperture f / 1.8-f / 3.4. There is also a digital zoom, 120x. Manual focus and exposure are supported, but there are also automatic modes.
Also, the camcorder is equipped with a mechanical image stabilizer, which is complemented by an electronic one, and a 3-inch LCD touch screen for convenience (there is also an electronic viewfinder).
- Light weight, only 600 grams, hands do not get tired after long use;
- High-quality dual (optical plus electronic) stabilization system;
- High detail at a resolution of Full HD 50 fps.
- The appearance of strong noise during zoom, it is better not to use this function;
- Not the best 'picture' in the dark;
- 4K added as a show – the speed is too slow to use this feature regularly.
Why it is: Low weight and high zoom.
The main advantage of this camcorder is its large optical zoom. It is higher than the previous models in the rating and is 30x. In addition, digital zoom up to 350x is supported!
Overall, the HDR-CX625 is a pretty decent mid-range camera. It is equipped with a 2.29-megapixel CMOS sensor with a physical size of 1 / 5.8 ”, which is complemented by a fixed lens with a focal length of 1.9-57 mm and an aperture of f / 1.8-f / 4. Manual focus and exposure adjustments are supported, but for those who don't want to 'bother' the camera offers several different automatic modes. The maximum video stream resolution is Full HD 60 fps.
The device also features an optical image stabilizer, a 3-inch LCD touchscreen display and a digital viewfinder. There are intelligent modes of operation, including face focus and time lapse.
- Huge zoom – 30x optical and 350x digital;
- Good work of stabilization, and even when zooming;
- Tiny dimensions and a weight of only 300 grams.
- Overheating when used in hot weather;
- Poor picture quality in low light, no backlight (neither normal nor infrared);
- Poor quality LCD matrix.
Why her: A budget camcorder with excellent zoom.
Although it costs less than the other models in the ranking, this camcorder boasts excellent zoom capabilities. The installed lens and image processor provide respectively 30x optical and 350x digital zoom. It should be noted that the stabilization system also works when zooming.
Like the previous model on the list, the Sony HDR-CX405 is based on a 2.29-megapixel 1 / 5.8-inch CMOS sensor. It is complemented by a fixed lens with a focal length of 1.9-57 mm and aperture f / 1.8-f / 4. Manual focus and exposure are supported. The camcorder is capable of shooting with a resolution of up to Full HD 50 fps. There are many smart modes and parameter presets.
The camera is very light – only 215 grams. Equipped with a non-touch 2.7-inch LCD screen and digital viewfinder. There is a face focus mode.
- Long battery life – up to 2 hours of continuous use;
- Excellent gimbal performance (both mechanical and digital);
- Good work of automation (autofocus, white balance and other parameters).
- Poorly suited for low light conditions;
- Inconvenient .MTS format when shooting at Full HD 50 fps;
- Extremely inconvenient settings menu.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.