Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The advent of printers with a built-in continuous ink supply system (CISS) is a new milestone in the development of office technology. Users no longer have to buy additional equipment separately and spend time installing it: the manufacturer takes care of this. In addition, the stable operation of the CISS is guaranteed. The system provides many advantages:
- reduced cost per page (some models can achieve 60x savings);
- simplification of refueling and maintenance;
- increasing the productivity of equipment;
- extending the life of the print head
The portal experts have prepared an objective rating of printers with CISS, the reliability and quality of which are beyond doubt. We took into account dozens of characteristics and unique functions.
Rating of the best printers with CISS
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best printers with CISS||1||Epson L1800||RUB 41,910|
|2||Epson M105||RUB 10,440|
|3||HP Ink Tank 115||RUB 6,890|
|4||Epson L120||RUB 6 693|
|5||Canon PIXMA G1410||RUB 7,060|
At one time, it was the Epson company that revolutionized the market and released the first printer with a built-in CISS – L800. Now the line is actively developing and the flagship model has been updated to the L1800 version. The technique was created for true connoisseurs of high-quality images. The CISS design includes 6 ink tanks, refilling of which takes no more than a minute. Moreover, the starter kit will be enough for 1.5 thousand 10×15 photos (the cost of one is about 1.5 rubles). The maximum resolution is impressive – 5760×1440 dpi. This is the largest indicator among the models presented in the rating. The droplet size is 1.5 pl.
The Epson L1800 printer works with almost any paper. The density can reach 300 g / m2. The model is ideal for students, office workers, small printers, photo salons that require large volumes of printing. Moreover, among the available formats are not only A4, but also A3 (that is, it is possible to issue drawings, plans, diagrams, posters, etc.). Our experts point out the thoughtful design of the L1800, which does not allow leaks in the CISS during transportation.
Potential printer buyers may be repelled by the high price, bulky equipment, small resource of containers compared to competitors, lack of popular functions (Wi-Fi, auto power on, auto power off). It does not print on transparencies and labels, and after long-term use it picks up glossy paper unstably. But the L1800 came out on top with record performance, reliability and economy. With sufficient daily workload, the price of the model pays off several dozen times.
- the ability to print in A3 format;
- printing photos;
- maximum resolution – 5760×1440 dpi;
- the minimum drop volume is 1.5 pl;
- work with thick paper (300 g / m2);
- 6 colors;
- clever design for leak-free transport;
- official guarantee – 30,000 prints.
- very high price;
- the printer does not print on films, labels;
- resource of all containers with ink – 1800 pages;
- heavy weight – 12.5 kg;
- problems with picking up glossy paper;
- lack of Wi-Fi, auto power off and some other functions.
The second place in the rating is given to another Epson model from the 'Printing Factory' line – a monochrome printer with a CISS M105. The cost price of printing one standard A4 document is the lowest – only 15 kopecks. The speed is also impressive – up to 34 pages per minute without loss of quality. The M105 is a true 'workhorse' capable of delivering enormous volumes continuously. A few more reasons to install this printer in your office: compact size, simple setup, Wi-Fi module. In the kit, buyers will find a pair of ink tanks, which will last for 11,000 prints.
Epson M105 with CISS is suitable only for those who do not need color documents, and the density of the paper used does not exceed 95 g / m2. It is recommended to run the device at least several times a month, otherwise the ink will dry out. Users also note slight difficulties with Wi-Fi connection – the process takes some getting used to. Otherwise, there will be no problems with the printer, and it deserves a silver rating.
- high print speed (up to 34 A4 pages per minute);
- printing on film;
- Wi-Fi interface support;
- economical consumption;
- ease of configuration and management;
- a pair of cans of pigment ink included;
- low cost of a print;
- compactness, convenient location of the USB port and power cord.
- black and white print only;
- maximum paper weight – 95 g / m2;
- high power consumption during operation – 13 W;
- high price compared to direct competitors;
- Wi-Fi connection can be difficult;
- drying of ink during prolonged inactivity of the printer.
HP Ink Tank 115
HP is a well-known manufacturer of office equipment that could not ignore the growing popularity of CISS. Leading designers were involved to work on the Ink Tank 115 printer, who managed to create a truly stylish device. In technical terms, everything is also fine. The Ink Tank 115 delivers optimal speed (about 19 A4 pages per minute), picks up paper of different weights (from 60 to 300 g / m2) and even supports roll printing. The model is the leader in the rating in terms of capacity resource – 8000 color pages (or 6000 black and white).
In addition to stability, the printer guarantees a low noise level – no more than 47 dB. And this is an important factor in the office environment. Ink Tank 115 also connects not only to Windows, but also to Linux (the software required for this is posted on the manufacturer's official website). But, despite all the listed advantages of the model, it also has a characteristic drawback – in terms of the quality of printed documents, Ink Tank 115 is still inferior to printers with CISS, located in the first two lines of the rating.
- release of photographs;
- work with paper of minimum density – 60 g / m2;
- work with thick paper (300 g / m2);
- optimal print speed (about 19 A4 pages per minute);
- roll printing function;
- all ink tanks last for 8,000 color pages;
- support Linux;
- low noise level – 47 dB;
- affordable price.
- in terms of print quality, the printer is inferior to competitors;
- lack of USB cable included;
- no software disc.
Epson L120 is a budget representative of the line, the most affordable model in the rating. But this printer with CISS is better to bypass right away if you plan to produce high-quality photos. First, there is no borderless printing feature. Secondly, the resolution of 720×720 dpi will not allow achieving high-definition images. But the Epson L120 is perfect for solving standard office tasks.
Traditionally, the manufacturer has focused on reducing the cost of printing. So, a color A4 page will cost only 20 kopecks. With the Epson L120, you can produce envelopes, cards, transparencies (maximum paper weight is 95 g / m2). Epson claims that the starter kit of ink will be enough for the printer to pay off (it is enough for 3500 prints).
The disadvantages include the low speed of work – only 5 A4 pages per minute. In many respects, this is why we placed the specified printer with CISS only in fourth place in the rating. But it is compact, weighs only 2.4 kg, easily connects to any computer.
- function of printing on films, cards, envelopes;
- light weight (2.4 kg) and compact size;
- the most affordable model of the printers presented in the rating with CISS;
- economical consumption;
- Starter ink kit for 3,500 prints
- easy setup;
- work with glossy and matte paper.
- low speed (only 5 color A4 pages per minute);
- low resolution in comparison with competitors (720×720 dpi);
- no borderless printing function;
- paper feed tray holds up to 50 sheets;
- maximum paper weight – 95 g / m2.
Canon PIXMA G1410
In an attempt to keep up with the competition, Canon has released its own version of the printer with CISS and developed a hybrid ink system. Its meaning is that when printing black and white text fragments, pigment ink is used, and pictures and photographs are colored water-soluble. An interesting solution that improved the quality of the result. In addition, the Canon printer comes with My Image Garden proprietary software for fast and easy operation. The program optimizes the search and processing of images, prepares them for printing.
The PIXMA G1410 also has one more unique feature that distinguishes this printer with CISS from other representatives of the rating – a set of energy-saving technologies. So, in standby mode, the device consumes only 0.6 W, and with prolonged inactivity, it turns itself off. No other features are available here: the PIXMA G1410 is extremely easy to equip. Also, the printer is loud enough and cannot boast of high performance.
- printing photos;
- the minimum drop volume is 2 pl;
- low power consumption in standby mode – 0.6 W;
- affordable price;
- auto-on and auto-off functions;
- increased resource;
- My Image Garden program;
- hybrid ink system;
- maximum resolution – 4800×1200 dpi;
- attractive appearance.
- low speed (5 pages per minute);
- noisy work (about 55 dB);
- the most simple equipment (there are practically no additional functions).
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.