Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Sony is renowned for the highest quality of its audio technology. In fact, it created the market for such equipment with the release of mobile players (more cassette, and then CD and MP3) Walkman series. And today it is she who produces excellent audio equipment, especially portable speakers.
And especially for lovers of quality music, we have compiled a rating of the 5 best portable Sony speakers, which are distinguished by excellent sound quality – from top models to simple but high quality ones.
Rating of the best portable speakers Sony
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best portable speakers Sony||1||Sony SRS-X99||RUB 29,990|
|2||Sony GTK-XB7||RUB 15 590|
|3||Sony SRS-XB41||RUB 9,900|
|4||Sony SRS-XB40||RUB 8,999|
|5||Sony SRS-XB30||RUB 5 750|
Why her: A wireless speaker system with unique tools to enhance playback quality.
The Sony SRS-X99 is not exactly a portable speaker. Of course, it can be dragged from place to place, but there is no built-in battery for autonomous operation. And it would hardly fit inside a small case, which is also 'stuffed' with modern electronics for excellent sound.
The main advantage of the device is the audio system. It is three-channel and includes 4 speakers for reproducing high frequencies; Dual ferrofluid speakers for realistic midrange parts and one high power woofer with two passive radiators for deep, spacious and physically tangible bass.
But the advantages of the audio system are not limited to this either. There is also a Hi-Res S-Master HX digital amplifier, DSEE HX compressed music playback enhancement technology and a Clear Audi o + sound enhancer. The device supports the wireless LDAC codec.
- Three-channel audio system with seven speakers;
- Support for LDAC codec and other ways to improve playback;
- Supports Spotify Connect streaming services and built-in Chromecast.
- Sound quality is highly dependent on the room;
- Noticeable 'rearing' of high frequencies when playing at high volume;
- After all, this is a complete home audio system, albeit portable.
Why her: A great portable speaker for partygoers.
This portable speaker will help create a club atmosphere right in your home with LED speaker illumination and signature Extra Bass feature that boosts the bass. In addition, it provides a realistic and three-dimensional scene – a two-channel audio system consists of five speakers, two of which switch the operating mode depending on the position of the device. So, if it is installed vertically, the upper 'tweeters' for high frequencies are active, and if it lies horizontally, then the lateral ones.
Like the previous audio system in the ranking, the GTK-XB7 is equipped with two sound enhancement technologies – DSEE, which restores the quality of compressed digital music; and Clear Audi o +, which increases the clarity and detail of songs. Even powerful bass will not block the performer's voice, and every note will be heard clearly.
This model also supports DJ effects – also for party lovers.
- Superior bass sound;
- High power that does not affect sound quality;
- Attractive design with LED-backlit speakers.
- This is not exactly a portable speaker, as the device is powered by a network;
- For a good stereo scene, it is recommended to set it horizontally;
- High sensitivity to sound quality in Extra Bass mode (it will be simply unpleasant to listen to the same MP3s with a low bitrate on it).
Why her: Sony's flagship portable speaker that delivers near-concert sound.
Although the portable speaker SRS-XB41 is very compact, it boasts superb, almost concert-like surround sound. This effect is achieved through the proprietary Live Sound technology. Thanks to it, the sound is not only focused directly in front of the speakers, but also spreads out to the side and back – for high-quality, realistic reproduction.
The heart of the audio system is two 58mm speakers with a reinforced cellulose cone. They deliver powerful, rich sound with minimal distortion. And thanks to the proprietary Extra Bass technology, you can also boost the bass to such an extent that it will be felt physically.
Fans of parties and custom design will also love the LED illumination of the device. It can operate in several modes, including linear flicker and strobe.
- Realistic and spacious bass without distortion;
- Interesting and unusual lighting;
- Lightweight and portable, easy to carry even with one hand.
- No charge level indicator;
- The backlight is actively draining the battery;
- There are no USB or microSD connectors for connecting external drives, communication only by Bluetooth.
Why It: Extra Bass Technology, LDAC Codec Support, Waterproof Design.
The SRS-XB40 portable speaker will help create a club atmosphere anywhere – even on a friendly picnic somewhere along the river. Three key functions of the device are responsible for this – powerful bass achieved through the use of the proprietary Extra Bass bass enhancement technology (disabled, of course); ring LED RGB-backlight with several modes of operation; and waterproof design, thanks to which the device is not afraid of getting wet – even if you want to listen to music in the pouring rain.
But not only the device can boast of them. Useful functions also include support for the LDAC wireless codec, which preserves the high bitrate of lossless music when Bluetooth is connected; and a high-capacity battery that provides up to 24 hours of battery life during playback. The speaker can be combined with others for surround sound with Party Chain technology.
- Bass boost mode, in which low frequencies do not 'overwhelm' other sounds;
- Waterproof case;
- Support for technologies from more expensive models – LDAC and Clear Audi o +.
- Inconvenient application;
- It will not work to charge and listen to music at the same time;
- Non-switchable decrease in volume when discharged below 20%.
Why it is: The optimal combination of price and power.
The Sony SRS-XB30 portable audio system is similar in many respects to the previous model in the ranking, but has about 30% less power. Therefore, it is suitable for lovers of listening to music at medium volume, as well as users who do not need to throw noisy parties wherever they go.
Like the previous one, this model supports the Extra Bass bass boost technology, which creates a spacious bass that does not overlap other sounds. It is also equipped with multi-color RGB LED lighting for the case and speakers, and is made in a waterproof case that is not afraid of even getting wet.
Other positive features include support for the LDAC high-definition wireless codec for lossless music; battery that will last for 24 hours at medium volume; and Party Chain technology for linking several devices into one audio system.
- Low price (the cheapest Sony portable speaker in the ranking);
- Extra Bass and Clear support Audi o +;
- Customizable LED lighting.
- Can't play music while charging;
- Forced reduction of playback volume when the battery is discharged to 20%;
- Heavy, weighs about a kilogram.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.