Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Action cameras have become an integral part of travel. Many bloggers share their impressions of exciting trips around the world, recording countless videos on similar devices. Their advantages simple: compact, easy to use and enough long autonomy. However, there are disadvantages that relate to level of quality and equipment capabilities: as a rule, such cameras severely limited in applicability due to the inability to change the lens.
Over the past few years, the highest quality growth in segment demonstrated gadgets from Sony. Concerning magazine editors supported by rankquality.com analysts decided to make a rating of the best action cameras of this Korean company, as well as talk about what you need to pay attention when choosing a good and workable model. As The criteria for selecting products in the rating were selected:
- technical indicators of cameras;
- consumer reviews and expert opinions;
- cost parameter;
- reliability level and equipment (equipment).
How to choose an action camera
When choosing an action camera, many buyers start from basic matrix indicators, namely, the number of megapixels, which affects the quality of shooting. This approach has a place to be, but we recommend paying attention to other parameters:
Form factor. This aspect is responsible for the shape of the action camera. At the present stage, there are only 3 form factors:
- rectangular or square – a traditional type of device, which is easy to find in any store. As a rule, such cameras cheap and it is under them that the bulk additional equipment.
- cubic – a more voluminous type of action cameras that combines Convenience for manipulation and nice design. Has no cardinal differences from traditional models, but almost always costs more.
- in the form of glasses – the most advanced type of action cameras that integrated into travel safety glasses. Allows capture first-person footage, i.e. follow the environment through the eyes of the operator. They are expensive, so they are not so common in hardware stores.
Resolution. Affiliation depends on this parameter. cameras to amateur or professional. At this stage of development amateur gadgets considered to be HD (1280х720) or Full HD (1920х1080). But those cameras that They shoot in Ultra HD (3480×2160), it is considered to be pro-devices.
On the one hand, the higher the resolution, the more detailed and high-quality content. However it will take more places in the device’s memory, because of which you will need to purchase a capacious (and expensive) flash cards.
Frame frequency. This aspect of movie shooting is usually inextricable. with permission. It’s simple: the higher the fps, the more the video is smooth. To achieve acceptable results shooting is only 30 frames per second at 1920 × 1080 pixels permissions. However, devices, frequency are widespread frame changes in which can reach 60 and even 120 per second.
Type of stabilization. There are 2 main types of stabilization Images:
electronic (digital) – the task of compensating for jitter and Frame blur is solved using the central processor. is he Crops up to 10% of the image around the perimeter, thereby increasing sharpness of the picture without using a tripod.
- optical – a fundamentally different stabilization method, which preserves the original image size. Any camera deviation compensated by turning the lens in the opposite direction. IN As a result, the picture is clear and smooth. Are such devices are more expensive and consume more power from the built-in battery.
Control. In simple action camera models carried out manually using the buttons on the case. More modern and advanced devices can be controlled via the remote control, as well as through a smartphone thanks to a special application and connect via Wi-Fi / Bluetooth.
Matrix. And finally, we should talk about the matrix. By as the action camera segment progresses, experts began to share models depending on the power of this element:
- 5-8 megapixels is a good solution for those who want to drive shooting in resolution HD and Full HD. He copes well with his functions during the day, but manifests itself much worse at dusk and at night.
- 8-20 megapixels – more interesting matrix options, allowing you to record video in the dark. Such options go perfectly with Ultra HD 4k resolution, however we we recommend paying extra attention to quality backlight.
Rating of the best action cameras from Sony
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best action cameras from Sony||1||Sony FDR-X3000 R||RUB 28,990|
|2||Sony FDR-X3000||23 990 rub.|
|3||Sony HDR-AS50 R||19 990 rub.|
|4||Sony HDR-AS300||16 990 rub.|
|5||Sony HDR-AS50||12 990 rub.|
The presented model of an action camera is perfect for creating impressive content even when driving at high speed. It has one Exmor R CMOS sensor with effective photo resolution and movies of 8.2 megapixels. In this case, the maximum resolution Complies with Ultra HD 4K format. It’s worth noting the frequency of shooting, equal to 30 frames per second. For professional content this more than enough.
Sony FDR-X3000R has an optical image stabilizer, which tracks camera angles relative to a fixed axis. This measure avoids blurring the image on photos and videos. Thanks to the capacious battery, the device can Work autonomously up to 2.5 hours – this is also commendable.
- it is possible to work in the cold – frost-resistant;
- stylish design solution;
- available remote control;
- there is protection against moisture and water;
- the presence of an optical stabilizer.
- no neutral density filter for bright lighting.
The second line of the rating goes to the FDR-X3000 – a simplified version sound action camera of a new generation. Thanks to the 8 megapixel matrix, it provides excellent shooting in all presented modes. Holds battery power perfectly and has optical image stabilizer that avoids blurring Photo and video.
In addition, the Sony FDR-X3000 also has a function. triple digital zoom and can record adequate qualities even with a total approximation. Gadget included only one lens comes from Carl Zeiss Tessar, but also its enough to produce high enough quality and diverse content. There is also a system of automatic focusing the image, which is important. In conclusion, we note that The camcorder is able to work offline for up to 2.5 hours thanks to a 1240 mAh lithium-ion battery.
- when shooting there are no extraneous noise;
- excellent image stabilization even with severe shaking cameras
- high quality footage;
- compactness and lightness of the model (114 grams);
- interval shooting is possible;
- battery charge for 2.5 hours of continuous operation.
- scratch and abrasion resistant lens.
Sony HDR-AS50R refers to the cameras of the younger series of Sony. It has an 11.1 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor. In contrast from the FDR series, the maximum resolution for photo and video shooting is 1920 × 1080 pixels, which corresponds to the Full HD format.
The analogies between the HDR-AS50R and the competitors above can be drawn by peripheral equipment parts. In the presented model used Carl Zeiss Tessar optics identical to the one It is applied on the FDR series. The camera iris has a focal length. distance F2.8, which allows you to strongly influence the depth sharpness and thereby improve exposure. Battery life The device reaches 3 hours thanks to a capacious lithium-ion battery. Due to the fact that the model supports a mobile application, as well as has a Wi-Fi module, the user has the opportunity control the camera directly from your smartphone. Also included Live-View remote, but if lost, help a backup remote control system based on mobile phone.
- excellent stabilization;
- high impact plastic case;
- no extraneous sound interference even during filming in noisy terrain;
- the presence of an ultra-wide angle lens;
- backlight on the back of the camcorder;
- compactness and lightness (83 grams).
- with remote control, rare failures may occur;
- a small viewing angle that creates a fish effect eyes”.
Another representative of action cameras Full HD 1080p, which support shooting widescreen videos and have a matrix with Resolution not lower than 8 megapixels. The camera is equipped LCD screen and optical stabilizer images, so media content can be recorded and with dynamic, “torn” movement. The body of the device is made with maintaining high standards of quality and protection, so that under neither dust nor moisture can get into it (thanks to the aquabox in complete it can safely dive to a depth of 60 meters).
Sony HDR-AS300 is great for long forays to nature: the camera’s battery lasts up to 2.55 hours, allowing you to capture the brightest moments. The gadget is completed built-in GPS sensor, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, as well as a whole bulk ports for flash cards and other drives.
- excellent shooting in low light;
- stabilization is present to prevent greasing pictures even with sudden movements;
- compact and ergonomic body;
- lightness (only 109 grams);
- excellent quality of recorded sound (however, no filtering high frequency noise)
- the camera turns on slower than competitors;
- there is no port protection for a flash card: you can insert it either side, even with a slight bias.
Cheapest and unremarkable, but at the same time favorite A representative of action cameras from Sony. HDR-AS50 has 11-megapixel CMOS sensor, which is not the best way yourself at dusk and night but allows you to get juicy and detailed picture in good daylight. Focal the lens distance is adjustable from 18.4 to 21.8 millimeters, thereby giving the opportunity to change the camera angle and situationally adapt to the imprinted events.
Unlike competitors, this device implements electronic image stabilizer – the picture may shake slightly when recording in motion. But no need to complain: consumers value the potential and capabilities of the camera in terms of cost purchases. In addition to Full HD recording, it provides a whole set additional “lotions” that allow you to shoot both on land, and under water. By the way, do not forget about the low weight of 53 grams, which makes the HDR-AS50 the lightest device in the ranking.
- the lightest representative of the rating (53 grams);
- sufficiently powerful 11 megapixel sensor;
- electronic image stabilizer;
- attractive appearance;
- low price.
- despite the presence of aquabox, the camera requires acquisition additional lens for shooting under water;
- image may shake due to electronic restrictions stabilization.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.