Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Instantaneous water heaters are compact and are not limited in the amount of heated liquid. They are cheaper than accumulative ones. This is a good option to have hot water all year round or to compensate for its lack during the period when the central water supply is serviced from the City Heating Network. Our experts have compiled a rating of instantaneous water heaters of all types, dividing them into several categories, which will help to choose the best model that meets the needs of users and operating conditions.
- Rating of the best instantaneous water heaters
- The best instantaneous electric water heaters of the budget segment
- Thermex Stream 500
- Timberk WHE 5.5 XTR H1
- Zanussi 3-logic 3,5 TS
- Electrolux Smartfix 2.0 3.5 TS
- Polaris Orion 5.5 ST
- The best instantaneous electric water heaters in the middle price segment
- Electrolux NPX 8 Flow Active
- Stiebel Eltron DDH 8
- Timberk WHE 6.5 XTN Z1
- AEG RMC 75
- CLAGE CEX 9
- Electrolux NPX4 Aquatronic Digital
- Thermex Topflow 6000
- The best gas instantaneous water heaters
- Mora vega 13
- Electrolux GWH 11 PRO Inverter
- Zanussi GWH 12 Fonte
Rating of the best instantaneous water heaters
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best instantaneous electric water heaters of the budget segment||1||Thermex Stream 500||RUB 2,829|
|2||Timberk WHE 5.5 XTR H1||RUB 2 750|
|3||Zanussi 3-logic 3,5 TS||RUB 2 240|
|4||Electrolux Smartfix 2.0 3.5 TS||RUB 2 090|
|5||Polaris Orion 5.5 ST||RUB 3,090|
|The best instantaneous electric water heaters in the middle price segment||1||Electrolux NPX 8 Flow Active||RUB 13,410|
|2||Stiebel Eltron DDH 8||RUB 20,315|
|3||Timberk WHE 6.5 XTN Z1||RUB 8,705|
|4||AEG RMC 75||RUB 12 630|
|5||CLAGE CEX 9||RUB 23,500|
|6||Electrolux NPX4 Aquatronic Digital||RUB 5,690|
|7||Thermex Topflow 6000||RUB 7,550|
|The best gas instantaneous water heaters||1||Mora vega 13||RUB 21,300|
|2||Electrolux GWH 11 PRO Inverter||RUB 12 800|
|3||Zanussi GWH 12 Fonte||RUB 9 490|
The best instantaneous electric water heaters of the budget segment
Instantaneous electric-type water heaters in this category are distinguished by a simple package. They have few protective functions and are often free-flowing, that is, in front of them in the system it is imperative to install another tap in order to shut off the water supply during the period of equipment downtime. The interior of the apparatus is not designed to hold pressure, but only to allow flow.
In most cases, only one sampling point can be connected from them in the kitchen or bathroom. But the affordable price covers these nuances. Models from the rating in the category of budget instantaneous water heaters are useful in the country or for temporary use in an apartment.
Thermex Stream 500
Beautiful vertical flow-through water heater with a total power of 5 kW and three-stage regulation by means of 2 toggle switches. The first one starts the device at 30% of its power, the second one at 60%, and both turned on – at 100%. The compact dimensions of 160x260x95 mm are easy to place above the sink in the kitchen or bathroom. Manufacturers release its body in white or silver, which is convenient for combination with the interior. The kit contains everything you need to use: a faucet, a hose and a shower head. For connection, a branch pipe is provided at the bottom of ½ inch. But in front of the equipment, you will need to install a shut-off valve, since the model is free-flow.
We have added the water heater to the rating due to numerous customer reviews reporting the reliability of the device. For most, it works for 5 years and only needs periodic descaling with citric acid.
- heats water up to 60 degrees at any time of the year;
- step adjustment;
- everything you need for washing is included;
- metal branch pipes for connection.
- power of 5 kW will require laying a separate power line;
- for only one sampling point;
- heats up noticeably only when the power is turned on by 60-100%;
- the body leaks, if you forget to turn off the tap with a water heater.
Timberk WHE 5.5 XTR H1
Another flow-through model from a trusted manufacturer, but without step adjustment. The water heater works consuming 5.5 kW, and the temperature can be changed by adding or decreasing the pressure. The body has a stretched hemispherical shape and looks original. Outside, the model is well protected from water (IP4), and will not suffer from direct splashes. The switched on state is indicated by a bright blue diode in the central part. The kit already has an inlet filter. The electrician is equipped with a relay that is triggered by overheating, so it will not burn out during long active work.
According to the reviews, it is clear that the water heater quickly copes with its task. Our experts agree with this, since in addition to the consumption of 5500 W, the device is equipped with a spiral heating element, and not a C-shaped one, which increases the heat transfer area. The productivity of the equipment is 3.85 liters of hot water per minute, which led to a well-deserved place in the rating.
- compact size;
- stylish look of an unusual shape;
- excellent heating;
- good protection of the case against water.
- obligatory grounding;
- cannot be plugged into a regular 16 A socket;
- a shower head will have to be bought separately;
- poor quality gaskets – need to be covered with sealant.
Zanussi 3-logic 3,5 TS
Flow-through heating device with horizontal housing. Consumes 3.5 kW, with step-by-step power control using three buttons on the front panel. Designed for one take-off point. Complete with everything necessary for use: faucet, hose, shower head, filter in front of the entrance for descaling. Manufacturers have equipped the water heater with a copper heating element, which contributes to better heat transfer. Unlike previous budget products, it has a function of protection against working without water in the system – when you open the tap, the electronics simply will not turn on.
Dozens of reviews show that users like the water heater for its ease of connection. For installation, you do not have to lay a separate power cable – the plug is allowed to be plugged into a regular outlet with grounding. We placed the product in the rating also due to the information content of the panel: it displays the switching on, heating and triggering of the temperature limiter on it, which will tell the person what state the device is in now.
- rich equipment;
- can be plugged into a regular outlet;
- several protective systems;
- copper heating element.
- for one point only;
- to wash in hot water in winter, you need a thin stream;
- short power cord.
Electrolux Smartfix 2.0 3.5 TS
Horizontal flow-through model with a beautiful design and dimensions of 270x135x100 mm. The front panel has four buttons forming a circle. Three of them provide power step-ups with a maximum of 3.5 kW, and the fourth cuts off the power. Inside the circle there are pictures indicating the functionality of each key. The case is reliably protected from moisture ingress. A copper tube is used as a heating element.
The water heater was included in the rating of budget flow models due to its ease of installation. Its connector fully matches the thread from the shower channel of a conventional mixer. This will be an excellent alternative for temporary use when the central hot water supply is turned off – just hang up the device, plug it in and screw the shower hose from the stationary mixer in the bathroom to the inlet.
- complete set with everything you need;
- direct connection to a regular outlet;
- the watering can has several rotary modes for different pressure;
- original design of buttons.
- the thin hose is constantly twisted;
- you need to strongly limit the pressure to get 40 degrees;
- short wire with a plug;
- always used at maximum mode.
Polaris Orion 5.5 ST
Simple instantaneous water heater with an intuitive interface. All control is carried out by means of a round switch, each clockwise step of which adds power. At the exit there is a tap and a splitter for a shower. A copper heating element provides heating of the flow up to 60 degrees at an inlet fluid temperature of + 11 degrees. The electrical part is equipped with overheating protection and blocking of switching on without water. The user can set the limitation of the heating temperature. Judging by the reviews, many people like it for its convenience and reliability.
The water heater entered the rating due to its compactness. This is one of the smallest models with dimensions of 225x185x85 mm, with a power of 5.5 kW. It is worth paying attention to those who have very limited space next to the shower or sink.
- cope with heating at any time of the year;
- there is everything you need to use;
- simple control;
- set of protective systems.
- the round switch is difficult to turn with wet hands;
- the front panel and the back wall of the case are not airtight – you cannot hang over the bathroom;
- requires a cable with a cross section of 4 mm2;
- consumes a lot of electricity.
The best instantaneous electric water heaters in the middle price segment
Instantaneous water heaters in this category are equipped with a large number of functions that improve operation. This includes self-diagnostics, digital display for displaying parameters and settings, electronic control and maintenance of the set temperature regardless of the characteristics of the incoming stream.
The internal system of the equipment is more durable and is designed for constant pressure retention, therefore the device can be mounted at the cold water inlet and heated up to several sampling points at once. Models from this rating are optimal for permanent use in houses and apartments where there is no gas or instead of centralized hot water supply.
Electrolux NPX 8 Flow Active
A flowing model with a nice design. The heating element consumes 8.8 kW, providing heating of the flow up to 60 degrees with a throughput of 4.2 liters per minute. Supplied with a plug into an outlet. A bright display on a black background informs about the current liquid temperature. There are touch buttons to adjust the values. If breakdowns occur, the electronics diagnose itself and issue an error code – using the operating instructions, you can decipher it and understand what is defective.
In the reviews, he is praised for uniform heating, in which no drops are felt at all. Our experts attribute this to highly sensitive electronics that monitors flow temperature and changes in water analysis (determined by system pressure) and automatically corrects the power level to maintain the setpoint. This is the best choice for a private house on two floors.
- touch buttons;
- bright display;
- covers the need for multiple points while using;
- there is a separate flow control.
- high price;
- the case is larger than that of other models, and you need to think about where to install it;
- a separate line and a 32 A machine at the input are required.
Stiebel Eltron DDH 8
Vertical flow heater with two diodes informing about the switching on and operation of the heating element. Internal channels can withstand pressure up to 10 atm, which refers it to the pressure type. But the power control is mechanical, and without an external switch – to correct it, you will need to open the case and reinstall the jumpers. It is safe, but time consuming. In addition, the device must be located in an accessible place.
The water heater was included in the rating due to the accelerated heating of the flow thanks to three heating elements. In combination with the 8000 W power, this ensures sufficient heating even with several simultaneous sampling points. In this category, this product has the most attractive price, which should be paid attention to those who want to get a powerful device and save money.
- the case is reliably protected from splashes;
- productivity 4.1 l / min;
- overheat protection;
- copper heat exchanger with triple system.
- cannot be mounted in a hidden way due to mechanical adjustment;
- to change the power, you need to open the case and rearrange the jumpers between the contacts;
- expensive repairs in case of combustion of the heating element;
- does not support automatic temperature correction.
Timberk WHE 6.5 XTN Z1
Instantaneous water heater, available in white or gray housing. Consumes 6.5 kW and is equipped with overheating protection and blocking of starting when the system is empty. On the front panel there is only a power indicator light. The casing of the electronic unit excludes the penetration of water from outside. The design can withstand pressures up to 6 atm and operates on several valves at the same time.
According to our experts, this model should be included in the rating due to its performance due to the spiral heating element and its compactness. The dimensions of the water heater are 188x172x90 mm and it is easy to hide it even in the bedside table under the sink or in the niche behind the toilet. This is the best option for organizing hand washing with warm water in a small office.
- no need to press a button – it turns on and off when water movement occurs;
- neat assembly and reliable connections;
- metal fittings;
- detailed installation instructions.
- a separate line is needed;
- obligatory grounding;
- the small distance between the nozzles complicates the installation;
- no external power regulator.
AEG RMC 75
Product from an American brand with a sealed case. The mechanical regulator is safely hidden in the U-shaped recessed compartment. The protruding blade is convenient for shifting, even with wet hands. Consumes a 7.5 kW water heater with a capacity of 4 l / min. The manufacturer has equipped it with overheating protection and a temperature limiter. The red diode on the panel will always tell whether the flow-through device is working now or not. Judging by customer reviews, it can be adjusted to a real 55 degrees, but the jet will turn out to be very thin. With an average throughput, it produces 35-38º.
Our experts unanimously included the water heater in the rating of the best due to its protection against water with an IP5 rating. To do this, the manufacturer tested the product by supplying it with a stream of liquid with a pressure of 12 l / min for 15 minutes. This design is suitable for installation in a bath or in a homemade shower.
- automatic switching on from pressure;
- designed for a pressure of 10 atm and three points;
- copper channel for heating the flow.
- a separate line is needed;
- obligatory grounding;
- the small distance between the nozzles complicates the installation;
- no external power regulator.
CLAGE CEX 9
A modern flow-through model with a power of 8000 W and an electronic type of control. The equipment is made in Germany and has a decent build quality. Reviews users like the touch buttons for selecting a mode and adjusting heating. An informative display shows the current temperature, operation and heating intensity option ('Normal' or 'Eco'). The device is equipped with a self-diagnosis system and three heating elements. For ease of installation, labels are provided on the casing.
According to our experts, the water heater has earned a place in the ranking of flow models due to its quality. Its heating elements are made of stainless steel for excellent heat transfer and corrosion resistance. To adjust the temperature, a remote control is provided, therefore, hidden installation in a niche is allowed, which will be appreciated by lovers of aesthetics and comfort in the bathroom.
- maintaining the set temperature;
- large display for easy entry and control of settings;
- wide range of operating pressure from 0.5 to 10 atm;
- durable materials.
- you need a cable with a cross section of 6 mm2 and a 40 A machine;
- if put in front of the collector, there will be a delay of 30 s;
- you need to reduce the standard head by half.
Electrolux NPX4 Aquatronic Digital
Compact device 191x141x85 mm with display and electronic adjustment. In the reviews, the flow-through water heater is praised for the convenient buttons with an original narrow shape. The middle one is used for switching on and off, and the side ones for raising and lowering the temperature. The 4000 W power provides an output of 2 l / min. Heating takes place in a spiral heating element, and the entire structure is protected from water.
We have added the model to the rating of flowing electric devices because of the elegant design that combines modernity and minimalism. This is facilitated by the display, which merges with the color of the case, on which only the numbers are visible without the screen border. The water heater is suitable for seasonal use in an apartment for several weeks.
- electronics monitors safety;
- precisely maintains the set mode;
- when used only in summer, it can be plugged into a regular socket.
- uninformative assembly instructions;
- the jet is thinner than other versions;
- extra parts in the kit that confuse users (3 gaskets and aerator);
- fragile body of the flow restrictor – breaks with a strong tightening.
Thermex Topflow 6000
The product is equipped with a power of 6 kW and is triggered automatically when liquid flows in the channel, but it can be turned off or started as needed by using the touch buttons. For operation, a pressure of 1 atm is sufficient. The maximum communications are designed for 10 atm. The display shows the current temperature and heating level. In total, the device has 12 power modes. If necessary, it can be installed in front of the splitter and powered from it all the tapping points in the house.
Our experts recommend this water heater for those who value quality items with a long service life. The stainless steel heat exchanger with a spiral configuration withstands prolonged heating, attracts less scale than copper, and does not rust. The connections are made of brass and are not subject to corrosion.
- large display with orange backlight;
- clear maintenance of the established regime regardless of the parameters of the water at the inlet;
- touch buttons;
- beautiful design with a circular arrangement of keys around the screen.
- a large body 225х365х130 mm is more difficult to place;
- weighs 3 kg and must be properly attached to the wall;
- a separate cable to the shield and an RCD or grounding is required;
- the jet must be halved from the usual one.
The best gas instantaneous water heaters
In buildings where there is gas, you can equip hot water supply using a flow-through gas water heater, popularly called a gas water heater. Inside the housing there is a circulating water coil, which is heated by burners. Now such equipment is equipped with automation and the flame is started when the crane is opened.
With the help of such a flow-through device, the liquid can be heated even up to 80 degrees, but installation requires the supply of a gas line and a chimney. Some models may also need an electrical network for ignition. Products from our rating in this category are optimal for apartments and houses in gasified settlements.
Mora vega 13
This is one of the simplest flow-through gas water heaters with a capacity of 13 l / min. For convenience, piezo ignition is provided (a sharp turn of the switch gives a spark). The device does not need electricity. Provides good temperature with strong jet.
In the reviews, the owners confirm its simplicity and reliability, which led to an honorable place in the ranking. If the connectors are tightly connected, then maintenance in the form of membrane replacement will be required no earlier than after 5 years. Gas control works autonomously and cuts off the supply when the flame goes out, and there is nothing more to break in it. It is suitable for several sampling points, but with alternate use.
- no electricity wiring required;
- automatic triggering when the tap is opened;
- protective functions in case of overheating or blowing out a flame;
- a pressure of 0.20 atm is sufficient for switching on.
- large column dimensions 400x659x261 mm;
- buzzes at maximum mode;
- piezo ignition does not always work the first time;
- open combustion chamber.
Electrolux GWH 11 PRO Inverter
Continuous gas heater with electronic control and display. It automatically maintains the desired outlet temperature and is equipped with an electric ignition (no need to twist something, just press the start button). The productivity is 11 l / min. The device is equipped with a thermometer and gas control. Startup and screen are powered by a battery, the charge of which is shown on the display.
We have rated this product for its smart features. Among other things, the electronic unit is equipped with a flame modulation that automatically adjusts to the parameters of the jet. This is useful in homes where the water pressure often changes, especially in the summer with seasonal watering of vegetable gardens. The gas water heater received many positive reviews due to its increased protection – it will not turn on not only in the absence of water, but also if the draft in the chimney disappears.
- touch control with buttons;
- a good package of security systems;
- display for easy setup.
- when two points are turned on simultaneously, the pressure drops;
- after downtime, you need to drain hot water heated from the heat exchanger;
- pny dimensions 328x550x180 mm.
Zanussi GWH 12 Fonte
Inexpensive flow-through model with copper heat exchanger. It is accompanied by an informative instruction with a detailed description of all safety modes and functions. Heats a flow of 11 liters per minute. In terms of thermal power, this is comparable to 23.6 kW, which is suitable for several taps, for example, in the kitchen and bathroom. The ignition occurs automatically when you turn the knob, but periodically you will have to change the batteries for this. The display shows the thermometer readings. The second knob adjusts the throughput.
We have included the water heater in the rating due to the cheapness of the product with a good set of functions. The ideal value for money is complemented by a semi-closed combustion chamber protected by a fine mesh, which increases safety especially in a home with small children (so they don't put anything in there).
- ignition from batteries;
- copper heat exchanger;
- there are no fluctuations in heating when opening the second tap;
- the jet is hot after 10 seconds.
- weighs 9 kg and can only be attached to a brick wall;
- noisy work;
- you need to hold down the switch a little to activate the gas control;
- goes out when diluted with cold water.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.