Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Fan heaters are extremely popular with customers due to their low cost, compared to other climatic devices, and quick heating of indoor air. Our experts have prepared a rating of such heaters, which will help you see the pros and cons of the best-selling models based on their characteristics and owner reviews. With such knowledge, it will be possible to make an informed choice without being led by advertising.
- How to choose a fan heater
- Rating of the best fan heaters
- What is better fan heater or heater
- The best wall-mounted fan heaters
- Stiebel Eltron CK 20 S Euro
- Electrolux EFH / W-1020
- Hyundai H-FH1-20-UI590
- Timberk TFH W200.UP
- Ballu BFH / W-102
- Polaris PCWH 2074D
- The best fan heaters with the possibility of floor installation
- Stadler form paul
- Dyson AM09 Fan
- Stadler Form Anna Big (A-020E / 021E)
- VITEK VT-2130
- REDMOND RFH-C4513
- Polaris PCSH 0520
- Stadler Form Anna Little
- Timberk TFH T15NTX
- Electrolux EFH / S-1115
How to choose a fan heater
When choosing a fan heater, you need to pay attention to a number of key parameters:
- Heating element type. The cheapest is a nichrome spiral. Heats up to 1000 degrees, but dries the air and burns the dust that has settled on it. A tube with a graphite rod and quartz sand as a filler heats up to 500 degrees and lasts longer due to an even heat distribution. The most expensive type is a ceramic panel. It heats up to only 150 degrees, but quickly gives off heat to the room due to the increased area. Does not burn dust and is much safer than other types.
- Power. Varies from 1 to 10 kW, depending on the purpose (domestic or industrial). When choosing, you need to take into account the area of the heated room – with ceilings of 250-270 cm, 1 kW is required for every 10 m2. But it is better to take with a small margin, because there will be heat loss on windows, doors, as well as other factors that affect the initial temperature in the room.
- Fan type and material. This is the second most important element in the design of the heater. Models made of plastic are cheaper, and models made of metal are more expensive, but they tolerate being near the heater better and do not deform. Axial fan types are compact but noisier. Tangential ones are quieter, but take up more space, which leads to an increase in the size of the case.
- Control method. The simplest is mechanical. There is a thermostat that limits heating of the heating element and an adjustable fan speed. The electronic type of control works with increased accuracy, maintaining the set temperature and storing the entered settings in memory.
- Additional functions. Depending on the equipment, the climate technology is equipped with additional functions that increase comfort and safety. Among them there is the possibility of self-rotation of the case, contributing to a better distribution of hot air, anti-freezing, a humidifier, an inlet filter, a remote control, shutdown in case of a fall and overheating, etc.
Rating of the best fan heaters
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best wall-mounted fan heaters||1||Stiebel Eltron CK 20 S Euro||RUB 15 540|
|2||Electrolux EFH / W-1020||RUB 4,275|
|3||Hyundai H-FH1-20-UI590||RUB 3 797|
|4||Timberk TFH W200.UP||RUB 2,846|
|5||Ballu BFH / W-102||RUB 1,939|
|6||Polaris PCWH 2074D||RUB 2 800|
|The best fan heaters with the possibility of floor installation||1||Stadler form paul||RUB 19,990|
|2||Dyson AM09 Fan||RUB 19,990|
|3||Stadler Form Anna Big (A-020E / 021E)||RUB 4,990|
|4||VITEK VT-2130||RUB 5,660|
|5||REDMOND RFH-C4513||RUB 4 490|
|6||Polaris PCSH 0520||RUB 3 320|
|7||Stadler Form Anna Little||RUB 2,990|
|8||Timberk TFH T15NTX||934 RUB|
|9||Electrolux EFH / S-1115||989 r|
What is better fan heater or heater
Our rating contains 15 of the best models with different characteristics, which is useful in small and large rooms. Each has its own pros and cons, but first pay attention to how this type of heater differs from others.
+ QUICKLY HEATES THE ROOM
+ HEATER TRANSFERS HEAT IMMEDIATELY TO AIR WITHOUT INTERMEDIARIES
+ LOW WEIGHT
+ INCREASED MOBILITY
+ LOW PRICE
– LOW INERTIALITY (HEAT EXITS ONLY DURING OPERATION)
– DEBRIS GATHERING ON THE BLADES �
– THERE IS AN ODOR OF BURNED DUST
– CONSUMES MORE ELECTRICITY DURING LONG OPERATION
– MORE NOISE
– DRY AIR
+ SILENT OPERATION
+ NO CONTAMINATION OF INTERIOR
+ COOLES LONG AND CONTINUES TO WARM
+ LESS ELECTRICITY
+ LESS AIR DRY
+ DIFFICULT TO TIP
– HEATES LONG
– TAKES MORE SPACE
– COSTS MORE
– MORE HEAT LOSS BECAUSE THE TEN HEATS THE OIL AND THEN AIR
The best wall-mounted fan heaters
Wall mounted heaters benefit from the fact that they will not take up floor space. Children will not stumble over them, they will not be overwhelmed by pets, there will be no wires interfering with the passage. Often the models have a beautiful design so that being on the wall does not spoil the interior. The owners can only think over the optimal place for placement so that the heater is as useful as possible. Here is a rating of such devices that received many positive reviews or were remembered by our experts for their characteristics.
Stiebel Eltron CK 20 S Euro
Small wall-mounted fan heater with a semicircular shape – looks organically on the wall without attracting too much attention. The power regulator is located on the side and is easy to access. The heating element consumes at a maximum of 2 kW, which is enough even for a spacious room of 20 m2. The thermostat can be turned to a certain position and the device will automatically turn off and on to maintain the mode. But to run the cooler in hot weather separately from the heater will not work.
We ranked the fan heater as the best for the bathroom. It can be mounted on the wall opposite the shower stall and ensure good heating of the room while taking water procedures. The case is reliably protected from moisture by placing slots for air passage at the bottom. Compact dimensions 33x46x12 cm are optimal for a small room.
- easy installation;
- small body dimensions;
- quiet work;
- not afraid of splashing.
- fan speed is not regulated;
- there are no functions other than the thermostat;
- dries the air.
Electrolux EFH / W-1020
A real climate control that simulates the temperature inside a medium-sized room. The power of the device is 2000 W. The heating element is made of ceramic, which accelerates heat transfer and does not dry out the air. There are two step adjustments and maintenance of the set temperature. The indicator light always informs about the status of the device. A 30 minute timer allows the heater to be set to turn off after operation, which increases safety.
This fan heater was rated by experts as the best in terms of ease of use due to its numerous functions. In the reviews, the owners like the ability to start and stop from the remote control, like an air conditioner. A built-in module inside ionizes the air, keeping users healthy. It is convenient to see the temperature on the display. It is a great choice for a bedroom that will ensure a pleasant sleep.
- heats a room of 20 m2 in 10 minutes;
- automatic shutter closing when switched off;
- variable angle of direction of the hot stream;
- real ionization, perceptible by smell.
- power cord only 1.2 m;
- the temperature sensor shows values higher than in the room;
- expensive repair.
A beautiful fan heater in a streamlined housing with digital display and electronic multistage control. Consumes at a maximum of 2 kW and is designed for an area of up to 25 m2. The blinds are adjusted from the remote control and control the flow depending on the location of the person – under the device or at the opposite end of the room. D / y works at a distance of 10 m. The weight of 3 kg allows you to hook up a fan heater even on a plasterboard wall, provided that the screws are attached to a metal profile.
Our experts recommend this model for the living room. The modern look will look harmoniously with other equipment, the remote control will make it easy to set the mode while lying on the couch, and the 7.5-hour timer will provide shutdown if the owners fall asleep under the TV or chat with guests and leave to see them off. But as can be seen from most reviews, it is better not to install a heater in the bedroom due to the increased noise.
- no plastic smell;
- remote control;
- heats a room of 18 m2 in 5 minutes;
- nice design.
- loud sound when working;
- average build quality;
- no overheating protection;
- no ionizer.
Timberk TFH W200.UP
A modern and functional fan heater in a beautiful snow-white case, on which a black display and a duct for the outlet of a hot stream contrast favorably. Air conditioning power 2000 W with two adjustment steps. Remote control of the electronic unit makes it easy to use. If the heating element warms up more than the allowable one, the fan heater will turn off on its own, which increases safety and service life. The ceramic heating element will not dry out the air and accelerate heat transfer.
Apart from numerous functions, one of the advantages of this fan heater is its compactness. The dimensions of the case are 50x19x13 cm less than similar models by 10-20 cm. This is practical for installation where space on the wall is very limited, for example, in a grocery store with a large number of shelves and display cases.
- there is overheating protection;
- long service life;
- no smell of dust;
- timer with a range from 10 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- loud work 45 dB;
- the snow-white body quickly becomes covered with dust;
- without ionizer.
Ballu BFH / W-102
Heater from a domestic manufacturer with an LED panel informing about the timer parameters, power level and cold or hot mode. Consumes 1000 or 2000 W depending on regulation. Equipped with thermostat and overheating protection. The heating element is poured into a ceramic plate and provides quick heating. The weight of 1.8 kg allows you to mount the device to any wall and even a wooden partition in a log house. Thick power cord does not heat up during operation. The remote control allows you to select the power level and one of four timer options (30 minutes, 1, 2 or 4 hours).
Our experts have added a fan heater to the rating due to the low price. Analogues with the same functions are much more expensive. But the cost affected the quality of the parts, which is noted by the owners in the reviews, so we recommend using it no more than 1-2 hours a day, for example, to heat the room before going to bed and then turn it off by timer.
- easy installation;
- the presence of a remote control;
- several power levels to save electricity;
- the ability to work for heating and just like a fan.
- there is a specific smell during work;
- backlash on the cooler axis, promoting strong vibration;
- relatively poor quality of parts.
Polaris PCWH 2074D
Fan heater with a round black display for good visibility of the yellow readings. The model consumes 2000 W, and the electronic program module is responsible for the accuracy of maintaining the temperature. In the reviews, buyers note the high build quality of the model and the work of the ceramic heating element. When not in use, the bottom bar closes to enhance the appearance and protect the interior from dust accumulation.
According to our experts, the fan heater should be in the rating because of the functional remote control. With its help, it will not only turn on the device or adjust the power stepwise, but also set the temperature to the exact value of degrees, set the timer time interval in the range from 5 minutes to 7 hours, and instruct the fan heater to work for heating or cooling. This is the best choice for the elderly to keep the approaches to the apparatus to a minimum.
- light weight 2.5 kg;
- air flow regulation;
- can be configured for minimum power consumption;
- no feeling of dryness.
- hums strongly – 50 dB;
- there is a discrepancy between the thermometer data on the screen and the actual one.
The best fan heaters with the possibility of floor installation
Floor-standing climatic technology is advantageous in that it heats the air from the very bottom. Those who play sports on the floor or play with children will appreciate it. Such installations are also mobile and there is no need to allocate a permanent place for them – if necessary, the device can be easily transferred to any room. Here is a rating of similar fan heaters with optimal performance and ratings from experts and users.
Stadler form paul
This is one of the most expensive fan heaters that debuted in 2017. The vertical model has touch buttons at the top and a wide base. The power is adjustable from 800 to 2000 W. Eight speeds of rotation of the cooler are provided. The working part of the body rotates on its own axis with a rotation of 45 degrees. When switched off, it automatically returns to its original position ('Parking' function). The large display informs about the condition of the air conditioner. The heater is produced in black and white, which is convenient for matching to the interior.
In reviews, the fan heater is praised for its quietness. This is achieved due to the well thought-out design of the tangential vertical fan with 14 blades. You can understand that it works if you only bring your hand to it (of course, at the bottom the red diode is always on for visual control). Therefore, the model gets its well-deserved first place in the rating for its quietness. It is worth paying attention to people with sensitive sleep.
- washable air filter;
- protection of the case from moisture;
- 8 speeds of the cooler;
- rollover shutdown.
- high price;
- short cord.
Dyson AM09 Fan
A modern model in four colors, suitable for any room decor. It features a 0-shaped case on the rack, in which the fan is hidden. It sucks in air through the air inlets and transfers it to the heating element with guide vanes. The stand can automatically rotate 70 degrees. The display is neatly integrated into the front panel and has no bezel – only numbers are lit. The timer is set in the interval from 5 minutes to 9 hours.
The fan heater is included in the rating for its original design, which also stands out for its special work. The design of the cooler and the guide vane facilitates a change in the air flow width from a narrow directivity from 1 m to a wide one with a maximum of 5 m. It is worth paying attention to office workers: the attractive appearance is perfect for a business atmosphere, and the flow width can be adjusted according to the number of people in room.
- turns off when dropped;
- remote control;
- 10 speeds of the cooler;
- the width of the stream is adjustable depending on the number of people present.
- buzzing loudly – 64 dB;
- lowers humidity;
- high price.
Stadler Form Anna Big (A-020E / 021E)
Simple heater with a power of 2 kW, shaped like an acoustic column. Available in black and white. It works without a screen, but is equipped with two power levels, a thermostat and protective functions in case of rollover or overheating. You can leave it turned on in an unheated room and it will maintain a minimum temperature itself so as not to deteriorate.
According to our experts, the fan heater should be in the rating due to its simplicity and quality. Its dimensions are 14x36x10 cm, but it confidently copes with heating a spacious room up to 20 m2. The owners in the reviews like the equipment with two fans, which accelerates heat dissipation. The front grille is powder-coated, so it won't fade after years of use. The model will appeal to those who love reliability instead of newfangled functions.
- dust filter;
- small size;
- long service life;
- frost protection.
- the front panel gets very hot – you need to put it out of the reach of children;
- no timer or screen;
- short power cord;
- the body does not rotate.
Vertical floor-standing fan heater with a semicircular display and buttons around it. Equipped with a power of 900/1800 W, a ceramic heating element and a remote control. It rotates automatically on its own axis and can turn off by timer with a maximum delay of 8 hours. Electronic control precisely maintains the set mode. Able to work for cooling in the summer heat. The owners in the reviews like that you can move the air conditioner even when hot thanks to the handle on the back.
Dry air is a common problem when using fan heaters. This model is included in the rating because it is equipped with a 22 m2 humidifier. Water is poured into the device, gradually evaporating in the room. When its level falls, the indication is triggered. The device will not turn on without liquid or with the reservoir removed. It is ideal for people with asthmatic conditions or problem skin.
- beautiful non-trivial performance;
- more economical in energy consumption;
- convenient handle for rearrangement;
- regulation of the intensity of evaporation.
- hums at maximum with a volume of 57 dB;
- not the most stable base;
- the temperature sensor is close to the transformer – it works earlier than expected.
Nice floor-standing fan heater with vertical design and six touch buttons. You can also enter settings from the remote control. Heating element filled with ceramics dries the air less. The device rotates on its own stand at an angle of 70 degrees. To keep the internal parts from dust, manufacturers have equipped it with a filter located just behind the perforations. Owners praise the clear blue numbers on the black screen, complementing the interesting design.
This model was included in the rating because, in addition to its beautiful design and a wide range of action, it is equipped with a timer that works after 9 hours. We recommend a beautiful fan heater for your office to turn it on immediately upon arrival at your workplace. The equipment will automatically turn off at the end of the working day – no one will have to remember and check it.
- solid appearance;
- carrying handle;
- protective functions;
- internal parts are less covered with dust.
- touch buttons are poorly visible at night;
- the same volume level regardless of power;
- no cold rotation of the cooler;
- flimsy plastic legs.
Polaris PCSH 0520
Floor-standing fan heater with a narrow high body and a control panel at the top. Equipped with a power of 2 kW, a ceramic heating element and a fine steel mesh, which reliably protects the insides from foreign objects. It can work both for heating and as a regular fan in hot weather. Equipped with electronic module and timer. To economically consume electricity, there are two power modes. Most users in reviews like it because of its security.
Our experts agree with this and ranked the model among the best because of its durable case. In the event of a fall, the appliance will automatically shut off thanks to the activated sensor (a clamping pin that extends outward in the event of a rollover), and the front panel will not be damaged. Pet lovers should pay attention to this. The 3.2 kg weight is quite difficult to accidentally fill up. To move the heater to another room, there is a convenient handle on the back panel.
- high build quality;
- pleasant touch control;
- rotating body;
- two coolers for even heat distribution.
- the instructions do not contain information on how to assemble the stand;
- blowing weakly;
- high body 610x295x465 mm;
Stadler Form Anna Little
A small floor-standing fan heater with a beautiful stand on two raised wide legs. Manufacturers have endowed it with a heating element with a power of 1200 W, which is regulated in 700/1200 steps and smoothly through a thermostat. It features quiet operation and has a cord compartment at the back to neatly fold the device when a warm spring comes. The front grille does not get very hot during operation. The heater starts air circulation in the room by blowing it out at an angle of 45 degrees, so standing on the floor heats people well on a bed or in an armchair.
The owners note in the reviews the reliability of the protection operation. This is due to the special design of the sensor not in the form of a clamping button, but according to the pendulum principle – even a small deviation already leads to shutdown. We recommend this heater from our rating for a children's room – it is ideal in terms of power, dimensions and safety.
- low electricity consumption;
- Beautiful design;
- compact dimensions 140x230x95 mm;
- reliable protection.
- high error of mechanical control;
- designed only for small rooms;
- light weight 1.5 kg is easy to accidentally knock down.
Timberk TFH T15NTX
Low-cost floor-standing fan heater with a ceramic plate covered with a small mesh. There is a power switch on the front panel. The fan power is not adjustable. He also does not have a thermostat, although they indicate in the description. But there is an automatic shutdown when overheating. Compact dimensions 21x18x9.5 cm easily fit into any room. It is convenient to carry it in a bag from home to work place and back. Buyers in reviews are satisfied with the price and forgive him because of this all the shortcomings – he copes with his main function.
This is the simplest model in our rating of floor standing fan heaters, which is perfect for heating small office premises (a booth in an overhead crane, a watchman's booth, a street ticket office, a shoe repair kiosk, etc.). The power can be adjusted in steps according to need and set at 1000 or 1500 W. It is allowed to leave it in an unheated room with the anti-freeze mode activated.
- ceramic heating element;
- there is a frost protection function;
- economical energy consumption;
- several power levels.
- does not turn off when dropped;
- without display;
- clumsy design;
- there is not enough carrying handle.
Electrolux EFH / S-1115
One of the best selling budget type fan heaters. Equipped with a minimum of necessary parts for work. Consumes 700 or 1500 W depending on the set mode. The controls are placed on the upper beveled panel. Judging by the reviews, it is bought for small rooms in student dormitories or for accelerated drying of clothes. There is a short handle on the back to carry the device – you don't have to grab a hot case. The model works loudly and dries the air. Her heating element is spiral, but this is covered by a small price.
This is another simple fan heater, but it differs from the previous one in the rating by the presence of a thermostat. In addition to the stepwise power adjustment, it is allowed to warm up the room and turn the right switch counterclockwise to the selected value. The heater will turn itself on and off as the specified temperature is reached.
- easy to carry in your bag;
- two modes and a separate inclusion of the cooler;
- overheat protection;
- small size 17x25x13 cm.
- dust gets into it through the outer mesh;
- there may be a burning smell;
- the temperature is maintained by the thermostat only approximate;
- short power cord.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.