Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
With the advent and expansion of the range of modern they quickly and decisively supplanted the “old people” of electric kettles, who needed gas or electric to heat water plate. Despite the fact that the electric kettle in its pure form is a device absolutely basic, mind-blowing on the market the number of different modifications, shapes and structural decisions. Thanks to specialists, we will simplify your selection task. Experts have identified 15 models from a wide variety of options electric kettles, which most liked the mass to the consumer, according to independent reviews.
- Which company to choose an electric kettle
- Rating of the best electric kettles
- The best inexpensive electric kettles
- Bosch TWK 3A011 / 3A013 / 3A014 / 3A017
- Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus
- UNIT UEK-261
- Best electric kettles with a plastic case
- Philips HD4699
- Russell Hobbs 21150
- Tefal BF 9252 Silver Ion
- Rating of the best metal electric kettles
- De’Longhi KBI 2011
- Bosch TWK 1201N
- Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP
- Rohaus RK910
- Bugatti vera
- Ratings of the best glass electric kettles
- Rommelsbacher TA 1400
- Kenwood ZJG-111
- Kitfort KT-601
- BORK K810
- What kind of electric kettle is worth buying
Which company to choose an electric kettle
To some extent, quality, durability and individual features of an electric kettle can be quickly determined even by trading brand. Let’s briefly consider the features of the brands of those models of dummies, which are included in the rating.
We will not dwell on such brands which are familiar even to young children, since they are not need to be introduced. This is German Bosch, French Tefal, Italian De’Longhi, International (once Dutch) Philips We will only say that the small household appliances of these brands are beyond rare exceptions are made in China.
We will briefly consider less obvious and high-profile names in the format blitz abstract.
- BORK is a Russian brand of household appliances that has been around for a long time disguised as German. He still has some German roots there, but purely “historical.” But, the BORK technique itself deserves quite high marks, and the brand itself over the years existence has earned universal acclaim.
- UNIT is a trademark registered in Austria and positioned accordingly. But the English language about her knows nothing. In fact, UNIT has Russian roots, and the products produced as expected – in China.
- Rohaus is one of the most conspiratorial brands, carefully posing as Dutch. Really belongs the Dutch company ATCP Group B.V., which is only 5 years old by age (registered in 2013). Full site only on Russian, English version with greatly reduced content. It is easy to understand that the brand is actually Russian.
- Kitfort is another Russian brand, but without strict conspiracy. Honestly, products are manufactured in China, but undergoes strict quality control. The company is founded in 2013 in St. Petersburg.
- Rommelsbacher is an honest German brand with almost a century history. Small, inexpensive household appliances are produced in China at contractual basis.
- Russell Hobbs – British brand of small appliances for houses and kitchens. It was founded in 1952. Products are manufactured in China.
- Zigmund & Shtain – German manufacturing and trading company headquartered in Dusseldorf. There are production facilities in Europe, and Southeast Asia, and small appliances are assembled in China.
- Bugatti is an Italian brand of small household appliances, owned by Casa Bugatti, which started in the 20s last century with the production of dishes. Now under this brand refined designer dishes and household appliances are produced premium class. No French car manufacturer has no relation.
- Kenwood – There is a lot of confusion with this brand. There is in the market as many as two Kenwoods, and both of them are real, only one was founded in Great Britain, and the other in Japan. They both have a deep history and developed completely independently, having no relations. But they even have similar logos, so thoughtful consumers may have doubts about fakes. In our In the ranking, we consider one model of the Kenwood teapot, and this is exactly British Kenwood.
Rating of the best electric kettles
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best inexpensive electric kettles||1||Bosch TWK 3A011||1616 RUB.|
|2||Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus||1490 RUB.|
|3||UNIT UEK-261||1550 RUB.|
|Best electric kettles with a plastic case||1||Philips HD4699||3259 RUB|
|2||Russell Hobbs 21150||4990 RUB|
|3||Tefal BF 9252 Silver Ion||2250 RUB.|
|The best metal electric kettles||1||De’Longhi KBI 2011||8430 RUB.|
|2||Bosch TWK 1201N||2480 RUB.|
|3||Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP||2240 RUB.|
|4||Rohaus RK910||9989 RUB.|
|5||Bugatti vera||19200 RUB.|
|The best glass electric kettles||1||Rommelsbacher TA 1400||12499 RUB.|
|2||Kenwood ZJG-111||6989 RUB.|
|3||Kitfort KT-601||3550 RUB.|
|4||BORK K810||21 500 rub.|
The best inexpensive electric kettles
Let’s start with the category that interests the most massive consumers – inexpensive, but efficient and fairly reliable teapots. Our experts singled out from the whole array of independent opinions the three most “positive” electric kettles: Bosch TWK series from 3A011 up to 3A017, Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus and UNIT UEK-261. Common signs for them are: closed spiral, inclusion indication, anti-scale filter, compartment for winding the cord.
Bosch TWK 3A011 / 3A013 / 3A014 / 3A017
Bosch TWK electric kettles of this series are made in China. Dimensions of the device – 21×24.5×15 cm, weight – 0.83 kg. Volume – 1.7 L There is a water level indicator.
A significant portion of users are perplexed Chinese, in a bad sense, assembly, since still we are talking about Bosch There are claims to the fragility of the compounds, and to the smell of plastic while boiling water. Not everyone is unanimous in complaining about the latter, but quite often. Over time, the smell passes, but through a rather long time.
As for power, everything is in order here – 2400 watts quickly bring to boiling maximum 1.7 l of water. By the way, not one user noticed that a full (not overfilled) kettle when boiling spills water through the spout.
An interesting design decision – a completely removable cover – causes polar opinions. On the one hand, completely removed It’s convenient to wash the lid of the kettle, but how often does it have to be done? FROM the other – to remove the cover with both hands with each set of water is very uncomfortable.
- boils quickly;
- frequent complaints of plastic smell on first use;
- sloppy assembly;
- controversial decision with a removable cover;
Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus
Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus electric kettle is made in China. This is a very concise model in all respects. There is nothing in it something superfluous, as well as something very useful, like an indication inclusion and water level indicator. This is indicated by a large percentage of reviews.
The volume of the kettle is 1.5 l, the whole is 0.8 kg. With a power of 2400 W boils very quickly. Lid, as in the previous electric kettle Bosch TWK, removable, but just in this case, buyers are praise the decision, they say the “push-button” covers stick in the store, what to speak of durability.
A good security bonus is the inclusion lock without water.
- rapid boiling;
- inclusion lock without water;
- removable cover;
- no indication of the on state;
- no water level indicator.
Pseudo-Austrian electric kettle (actually Russian) trademark UNIT UEK-261 is made in China. Very attracted by many interesting vintage designs, but unfortunately this advantage is short-lived. The paint fades quickly, and on metal of the case and cover show signs of corrosion.
The volume of the kettle is 1.7 l, weight – 1.77 kg, dimensions – 24x28x24 cm. Power 2000 W – it would seem, not much less than that of the previous two models, but this already significantly reduces the time boiling.
There is a water level indicator, but its “informativeness” for many users are in doubt. There are also complaints about too large minimum water level for boiling – 1.2 l. Lock inclusion without water is present.
In general, the electric kettle is quite controversial because of the above disadvantages, plus quite significant noise due to the subtlest metal walls of the body.
- original design;
- lock on without water.
- paint fades quickly.
- metal is subject to slight corrosion;
- there are complaints about the course;
Best electric kettles with a plastic case
Now consider the ranking of the best, according to our experts, electric kettles with a plastic case, already whatever cost. Experts who are optimal in terms of characteristics Counted Philips HD4699, Russell Hobbs 21150 and Tefal BF Models 9252 Silver Ion. Common properties for this triple are: filter anti-scale in the nozzle, compartment for the cord, indication inclusion, water level indicator,
Philips HD4699 kettles are made in China. This electric kettle characterized by elegant design, which is almost unanimous buyers.
The volume of the kettle is 1.7 l and with a capacity of 2400 W, the water in it boils quickly. It uses a closed spiral coated stainless steel heating element.
Very high rating by users a common “disease” of plastic teapots – the smell of plastic when boiling. Boiling moment signaled unobtrusive a bell. Although not a particularly outstanding feature, it is it collects surprisingly many positive reviews for its very Availability.
There are auto-off functions when removing from the base and blocking inclusion in the absence of water.
There is only one minus in this electric kettle – an indication window the water level is too dark, so there’s practically no water in it it is seen.
- seamless construction;
- sound signal of readiness of water;
- nice design;
- dark window of water level.
Russell Hobbs 21150
The most high-tech electric kettle model in this group is Russell Hobbs 21150 British brand manufactured in China.
Volume, like the previous model from Philips – 1.7 l, but a little less powerful – 2200 watts. It also uses closed spiral.
On the case is a fairly large LCD with a pleasant blue backlight. For some reason, the designers decided to make water level indicator on the opposite side. It is practically all users report a nerve-causing flaw.
The most important thing that distinguishes this electric kettle from others is the presence of a temperature controller and the function of maintaining temperature. I.e, the kettle can heat water from 40 degrees to almost boiling temperature and keep the desired level for a while with accuracy to a degree. This is a “bold” plus of this model.
An annoying flaw – the designers did not bother to cover electronic board with a protective varnish. Because of this the slightest hit moisture inside disables the kettle. Savvy in electronics users varnish the board on their own (about the warranty in in this case, you can forget).
- maintaining temperature;
- matte (not easily soiled) surface;
- “high-tech” appearance;
- the electronic board is not protected by a hydrophobic coating;
- inconvenient location of the water level indicator.
Tefal BF 9252 Silver Ion
The Tefal BF 9252 Silver Ion kettle is manufactured in China, and the build quality in general is not satisfactory users. The only moment – it peels off pretty quickly “metal” button coating and paint applied to the case logo. This makes the device look messy, but for some it occurs after months of exploitation, while for others – through years. Therefore, it is difficult to say whether this is a lack of models, or features of use.
The volume and power of the kettle are similar to the previous model – 1.7 L and 2200 W, respectively. But in this case is used a silver coating of the heating element that gives bactericidal effect. There is a power-on lock in the absence of water.
Hararatny minus Tefal BF 9252 Silver Ion – sooner or later the kettle begins to leak at the junction of the level indicator water and the edges of the wall of the housing. Again, for some users this is occurs within the warranty period, while for others – through 1.5 years or more.
Another problem is the characteristic noise that makes during boiling water spring in a metal cover.
- nice design;
- boils quickly.
- rattle when boiling;
- easily soiled, difficult to wash;
- there are complaints of shutdown before boiling;
Rating of the best metal electric kettles
Now consider the best, according to users, teapots with metal case. This is not only and not so much about personal tastes and design, how much about guaranteed absence the smell of plastic, which is often easily transmitted to boiled water. This problem, as a rule, in the very first days of operation leaves itself by itself, but metal teapots are deprived of it by definition (not all). Our experts identified as many as five electric kettles, which deserved the most positive feedback: De’Longhi KBI 2011, Bosch TWK 1201N, Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP, Rohaus RK910 and Bugatti Vera
De’Longhi KBI 2011
Electric kettles of the Italian brand De’Longhi KBI 2011 made in China, but assembly and parts, according to user reviews, quite up to par. The volume of the kettle is 1.7 l, the power is 2000 watts. A closed spiral is used. Heating element covered stainless steel. This model weighs 1.6 kg.
The control panel is conveniently located on the base (stand), and with it can be set temperature mode. Five heating modes available – from 75 to 100 degrees and the function of maintaining heat to 20 minutes.
Of the useful functions in this electric kettle implemented automatic shutdown when removing the kettle from the base and blocking inclusion in the absence of water.
Of the additional options – a compartment for winding the cord and a filter anti-scale (made of stainless steel).
- spectacular design;
- convenient management;
- reliability and reliability;
- not easily soiled body;
- expressed no.
Bosch TWK 1201N
Bosch TWK 1201N, like all other small household appliances This brand is made in China. Bosch has long been seen sagging build quality on inexpensive medium-sized equipment, which going to the Celestial Empire, and this model is a prime example. Big some users note cheap plastic cases, flimsy compounds, poorly fitted materials.
The only major advantage of the Bosch TWK 1201N is an all-metal water tank that cannot leak over by definition, unless cracked due to metal fatigue.
In addition to all the listed disadvantages, this electric kettle is also the most low-power of all the options reviewed – only 1800 watts. Volume standard – 1.7 l.
Here, as elsewhere, a closed spiral with a coating of of stainless steel. Indication of inclusion, water level indication cannot be by definition due to the nature of the tank.
Despite all the shortcomings, this electric kettle uses in great demand due to the combination of the famous brand and affordable prices.
- full metal water tank;
- steam burns the hand when pouring boiled water;
- clumsy design;
- there are cases of burnout of the heater;
Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP
Despite the “formidable” German names in the brand name, Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP electric kettles are also made in China. But unlike another German – the above Bosch TWK 1201N, there is no longer such disgrace with the build quality, and with quality in general. But also call this electric kettle ideal not allowed.
The most common kettle volume is 1.7 l, capacity – 2200 Tue The heating coil is closed. There is a water level indicator and power indicator.
There is the necessary automation – shutdown when removing from base and lock on without water. There is a descaling filter.
In this model of the electric kettle there is a “chip”, which itself – nothing more than a marketing ploy, but it’s very attractive users. This is a spectacular blue water backlight when working.
Of the disadvantages, it is worth mentioning the smell of plastic in first days of work. This is a very unpleasant discovery for those buyers who chose a metal model in the hope of avoid this problem. Where does this smell come from in metal teapot – not entirely clear, but true. Fortunately, fast erodes.
The second point – the paint on the body is very weakly held, and when washing should be handled with extreme care. Say reverse (hard) side of a typical washcloth, it is no longer withstands.
- Beautiful design;
- high-quality assembly;
- with active washing, the paint may peel off.
- specific smell in the first days of use.
Kettles Rohaus RK910, like all previous models, assembled on contractual basis in the Middle Kingdom. Build quality is very decent, and the design is spectacular and stylish.
The volume of the kettle is 100 ml more than the most common – 1.8 l. Decent power – 2400 W, boils for 4-5 minutes at full refueling. Used for heating a closed spiral. All indication and automation present: switching on, water level, blocking from inclusion without water.
The kettle has a built-in function of heating and maintaining heat by timer up to 20 minutes. Thermostat step – from 80 to 100 degrees. Modes and temperature are displayed on the LCD.
New teapots practically do not cause complaints, except for the “blind” windows of water level, in which this water is almost invisible. Farther complaints begin after months of operation. Basically they concern the flow of the kettle in the area of the window of the water level – temperature deformations sooner or later give such an effect.
- temperature maintenance function;
- spectacular appearance;
- quiet boiling;
- there are complaints about the course of a few months later operation;
- “blind” windows of water level.
Finally, a bright diamond in the top five dummies with metal case – Bugatti Vera. Though he is going to China, but Bugatti home appliances for the most part it is impeccable that the geography of production does not matter here.
In terms of design, this most obviously reflects the whole company philosophy. This is a real work of art. However, like everything else from Bugatti, including utensils.
The dimensions of the device are 18x30x22 cm, and the weight is 1.7 kg. Volume and the most common kettle power – 1.7 L and 2400 W respectively. Closed spiral and stainless used heating element coating. There is a power indicator and water level indicator. Lock on without water too is present.
Electronics, including its most colorful elements – LED indicators and LCD display – integrated in the handle and look very effective and organic.
The kettle supports heating to a predetermined temperature from 45 to 100 degrees and maintaining the desired level within 20 minutes. The time can be set by the built-in timer.
The Bugatti Vera is an almost flawless model. The only thing is some users consider it a malfunction to turn off the kettle before boiling. On the in fact, such an effect is observed in almost all dummies, when too much scale accumulates on the heating element. Bugatti Vera in this regard is a rather sensitive model. If a remove the scale, the problem is eliminated by itself.
- extremely spectacular design;
- reliability and reliability;
- function of heating and maintaining water temperature;
- elite class;
- hypersensitivity to scale;
- exorbitant price.
Ratings of the best glass electric kettles
And the last group in our ranking is teapots with glass case. Our experts have selected the best options for combining prices, functionality and quality, but you need to understand what exactly such electric kettles are almost never really cheap. Consider models Rommelsbacher TA 1400, Kenwood ZJG-111, Kitfort KT-601 and Tea pot BORK K810. Their common features: closed spiral, step temperature control and heat maintenance (except Kenwood ZJG-111), lock-out without water, water level indicators and inclusion.
Rommelsbacher TA 1400
German teapots Rommelsbacher TA 1400 are produced, quite expected in China, but in a “good” factory, and build quality users mostly praise.
The dimensions of the kettle are 22×26.5×20 cm, the standard volume is 1.7 l, but here is the power – very non-standard – only 1400 watts, and this is very affects the time of boiling water. This moment by the manufacturer not hiding and not veiling, but dissatisfied with this circumstance abundant users.
Another nuance that causes dissatisfaction is the extreme upper division of a scale of volume of 1.2 l, but not 1.7, that is, to full capacity need to pour “by eye”.
There is a function of maintaining heat and step heating from 50 to 100 degrees. Only 5 temperature conditions. Temperature displayed on the LCD.
Users respond positively to quiet work at the moment boiling. Also, many people like the availability of devices for brewing tea.
- Attractive design
- reliability and reliability;
- quiet work;
- low power (long heating).
- high price;
Kenwood ZJG-111 – the most simple in terms of functionality model of this group. It is made, like everyone else in China. Volume kettle – 1.7 l, power – 2200 watts. Used closed spiral.
The manufacturer claims that you can install the kettle on the stand in any position, but in fact users indicate that for in order to “get”, you still need to push the bottom of the kettle back and forth on the stand, and so on every time.
Of the positive options – ECO mode, which implies boiling minimum volume of water per one cup.
A lot of negativity from users comes about characteristic, enough loud click that the teapot publishes after some time after boiling and shutting down. The detail is irrelevant, but, according to According to consumers, “getting on your nerves.” Also, many are unhappy chemical smell in the first days of use – glass case many choose it in order to avoid any odors characteristic for plastic electric kettles.
Against the background of these shortcomings for a significant number users the price seems unjustified.
- quiet work;
- eco mode;
- high price;
- smell in the first days of use;
- “nerve” click after boiling;
Electric kettles of the Russian Kitfort KT-601 trademark also made in China. These are quite powerful devices – 2500 W with a standard volume of 1.7 liters.
This is the only electric kettle in our rating where versatile sound and light indication of events. it users mark as plus, as well as availability temperature regulator. Only 4 heating levels and temperature range narrower than the above models with a similar function – from 70 to 100 degrees.
There is a highlight of water when heating and boiling, similar to how this is done in the Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP model, and this also causes a lot of positive reviews.
The lid in this electric kettle is removable, there is a winding compartment cord. The manufacturer declared the presence of a mechanism for brewing tea, but this is an option, and its availability must be specified directly at the point of sale.
The obvious disadvantages of Kitfort KT-601 are frequent leaks. cases within the warranty period and chemical smell in the first days of use.
- heat maintenance;
- tea brewing device (if provided complete set);
- sound and light indication of events;
- chemical smell in the first days of use;
- frequent leaks.
And the last electric kettle in our rating is the pseudo-German BORK K810. The assembly, of course, is Chinese, but solid, like the larger parts of brand products.
This electric kettle has the smallest volume of all described – 1.5 l. Power – 2000 watts. Dimensions – 18x23x23 cm, weight – 2.4 kg
BORK K810 is literally “stuffed” with various functions: a timer delayed start, thermostat, heat and whole multifunctional tea brewing technology.
In fact, there is such an emphasis on brewing tea (fast brewing with the movement of the “mesh” up and down, three modes of fortress and etc.) that this model can be considered rather a kind of tea maker. The only thing – quick brewing technology implies that the kettle is full-filled, otherwise the carriage with tea leaves will be move partially idle, and fast brewing turns into own opposite.
In general, comparing all the pros and cons, we can conclude that such a price for this electric kettle with all its advantages is clearly overpriced.
- adaptation for brewing tea;
- heat maintenance function;
- poorly thought out quick brewing of tea;
- unjustified price.
What kind of electric kettle is worth buying
Now we will put together all the conclusions and determine finally with the most suitable models of electric kettles.
- All three cheap models are equal in price and clear advantages. do not have each other. But they have disadvantages that serve as a guide. In fact, the most worthy can be considered Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus, despite the very ascetic functional. At least she is reliable enough and unpretentious, you can not say about UNIT UEK-261 with its leaks and peeling paint (design, however, on top). Bosch is frankly upset careless assembly and smell.
- Of the electric kettles with a plastic case very well behaved shows Russell Hobbs 21150, if not for the offensive flaw with unprotected by electronic circuit board. Great workhorse – Philips HD4699, but already without the function of maintaining heat. Tefal BF 9252Silver Ion is a surprisingly weak model relative to others in this group.
- From electric kettles with a metal casing “excellent” without obvious complaints – De’Longhi KBI 2011. Zigmund & Shtain KE-27SP is great if you have a limited budget. IN Rohaus RK910 has a temperature maintenance function, which many users really appreciate it, but this electric kettle is suspiciously often and no less suspiciously quickly begins to leak. Bosch TWK 1201N- one complete misunderstanding, it is unclear why collecting a lot positive (like a carbon copy of the same) positive reviews. It makes sense to take only if there is little money and a lot optimism. Bugatti Vera – something unimaginably beautiful, but accessible only to wealthy gentlemen.
- And among glass teapots can be advised with limited budget Kenwood ZJG-111 – get just a glass jug with heated. And if on the contrary there is more than enough money, and you also tea pot, you can take the BORK K810. Rommelsbacher TA 1400 “slow” and quite expensive, and the Kitfort KT-601 is affordable, but often leaking.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.