Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective, does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
For a comfortable stay in the bathroom, many resort to installing an additional heater to increase the air temperature, at which the wet body will not be cold. If this is a private house, then all the more sufficient heating of such a room is required, otherwise you can even get sick in it. We figured out how to choose a bathroom heater and offer you specific advice, as well as a list of models verified by customers. This will help you go shopping with knowledge and purchase the equipment that is right for your conditions and preferences.
- How to choose a bathroom heater
- Rating of the best bathroom heaters
- The best convector bathroom heaters
- Noirot Spot E-5 Plus 1000
- Nobo NFK 4S 07
- Electrolux ECH / AG2-1000 T
- Ballu BEC / ETMR-1000
- Timberk TEC.PF10N DG 1000 IN
- Thermex Frame 1000E Wi-Fi
- Best infrared bathroom heaters
- Timberk TCH A03 800
- Ballu BHH / M-09N
- STN NEB-M-NSt 0.7 (mChk)
- ERGNA teplofon – 0.7 / 220 (p)
- Peony Thermo Glass P-06
- Ballu BIH-S2-0.6
- The best baseboard heaters for the bathroom
- REDMOND SkyHeat 7002S
- STN R-1T
How to choose a bathroom heater
So, let's start with tips on how to choose a bathroom heater, which will help you understand the main characteristics of the product:
- Heating power and area. Two inextricably linked parameters. The higher the power, the larger the room can be heated with such a device. The calculated value for additional heating (when there is a coil from the centralized system) is 100 W per 1 m². If we are talking about a room that does not have heating at all, then the power is selected according to the scheme of 150 W per 1 m².
- Dimensions. The dimensions of the heater can be from 30×30 cm to 150×40 cm, which is important to consider based on the availability of free space in the bathroom, otherwise the room will not turn around.
- Installation method. Heater installation can be floor, wall or ceiling. Here again, everything depends on the area of the room and its clutter. Ceiling models do not take up extra space at all, but are more exposed to steam, and therefore corrosion appears faster.
- Waterproof. The enclosure tightness level ranges from IP22 to IP65. The minimum value assumes that water must not be sprayed on the case. The maximum means that the heater can be sprayed with jets of liquid at any angle. This protects the electrical appliance from damage and also increases the safety of use in the bathroom.
- The presence of a thermostat. The built-in module allows maintaining the set air temperature and turns off after reaching it. This saves energy. Without it, the heater will be constantly on.
- Management type. Mechanical control is simpler, but it functions with a greater error in terms of heating degrees. Electronic control is more complex, but it is able to maintain the set temperature with maximum accuracy.
- Additional functions and equipment. Overheating protection will prevent the appliance from catching fire. The display allows you to visually monitor the temperature and the entered settings. The rollover protection will turn off the power if the unit is accidentally dropped. Devices with Wi-Fi can be switched on in advance using a smartphone so that the bathroom is warmed up when you arrive home. Frost protection will help maintain a positive temperature in the room and prevent communications from freezing. Locking the buttons prevents kids from knocking out settings. The timer is handy for automatically turning off so you don't think about it when you leave the bathroom.
Now you know the basic criteria for choosing a heater for use in the bathroom. Consideration of specific models, selected by experts based on characteristics on the analytical portal https://rankquality.com/radiators/ and reviews https://market.yandex.ru/, will help you find a suitable option for a specific place.
Rating of the best bathroom heaters
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best convector bathroom heaters||1||Noirot Spot E-5 Plus 1000||RUB 9,790|
|2||Nobo NFK 4S 07||RUB 8,470|
|3||Electrolux ECH / AG2-1000 T||RUB 1,990|
|4||Ballu BEC / ETMR-1000||2 144 rub.|
|5||Timberk TEC.PF10N DG 1000 IN||RUB 2,812|
|6||Thermex Frame 1000E Wi-Fi||4 110 RUB|
|Best infrared bathroom heaters||1||Timberk TCH A03 800||2 182 rub.|
|2||Ballu BHH / M-09N||RUB 590|
|3||STN NEB-M-NSt 0.7 (mChk)||RUB 3,199|
|4||ERGNA teplofon – 0.7 / 220 (p)||RUB 1,950|
|5||Peony Thermo Glass P-06||RUB 4,184|
|6||Ballu BIH-S2-0.6||2 366 rub.|
|The best baseboard heaters for the bathroom||1||REDMOND SkyHeat 7002S||RUB 2,490|
|2||STN R-1T||RUB 2,945|
The best convector bathroom heaters
The principle of operation of the convector is to start the circulation of hot and cold air in a natural way (hot air rises up, and cold air is drawn in from below). This ensures even heating in the room to make bathing more comfortable, regardless of where the heater is located.
Noirot Spot E-5 Plus 1000
This is a powerful convector type heater generating 1000 W, which is enough for a spacious bathroom with an area of 10-15 m². The model is equipped with electronic control and a thermostat. In the upper right corner there is a digital screen and temperature adjustment buttons. Users in the reviews share that it is very easy to understand the settings and everything can be mastered without instructions. The heater is mounted on the wall in the bathroom, but there are legs for sale for it (at a separate cost), so the convector can be made mobile. The heater can operate in three modes. Of the protective functions are present: shutdown in case of overheating and maintaining a positive temperature in case users have left home for a long time.
Buyers in the reviews like the heater for its ratio of size and heated area. With dimensions of 42x44x8 cm, it is enough for a huge room of 15 m². If the convector is placed on the wall, then it will not attract attention and you can completely forget about its existence.
- high-quality French assembly;
- safe operation due to the waterproof case;
- bright display;
- easy to understand control.
- high price;
- an unpleasant odor is heard when first switched on.
Nobo NFK 4S 07
In second place is a heater with dimensions of 62×40 cm, equipped with a snow-white panel with three slots in the upper part, which accelerate the release of hot air. The bathroom model consumes 750 watts per hour and is designed for room areas up to 11 m². It has electronic controls, but no screen. Temperature adjustment is carried out with a slider on the back of the case, under which a scale with degrees is drawn. The heater operates in two modes. It comes with a wall mount bracket. Installation on legs is optional. If the device is upside down, the fall protection will work. It also has functions for turning off in case of overheating and maintaining a positive temperature in frost.
The model attracted experts with its 55mm ultra slim body. For competitors with a similar power, the thickness of the heaters is usually 70-100 mm. With a parameter of 5.5 cm, the convector protrudes minimally from the wall, which saves usable space in the bathroom and reduces the likelihood of accidentally catching a knee on it.
- easy installation with 4 dowels;
- built-in thermostat and electronic control;
- simple temperature setting according to the drawn scale;
- slim body.
- legs sold separately;
- high price;
- no display.
Electrolux ECH / AG2-1000 T
The TOP-3 includes a bathroom heater from Electrolux. The model is designed for rooms with an area of up to 15 m² and consumes 1000 watts per hour. The dimensions of the convector are 48x40x10 cm. For an improved outlet of heated air, a channel is provided at the top. Manufacturers used a body with gradually increasing thickness, which increased the convection speed and also made the design more elegant. The heater operates in two modes at 500 and 1000 W. In the reviews, customers like that the external surface temperature does not exceed 60 ° C, so it is impossible to burn yourself on the metal. The panel is placed on the wall using the supplied bracket.
We considered the heater to be the best due to the monolithic heating element. The metal threads are embedded in a special solution, so the conductive parts do not have direct contact with the outside world. This provides increased protection for use in the bathroom. The model also has a built-in dust filter, so the outgoing hot air is supplied already purified.
- more affordable cost;
- waterproof housing;
- light weight 2.6 kg;
- elegant design;
- simple installation.
- no thermostat;
- inferior to the above-described competitors in terms of the speed of reaching the operating temperature;
- no overheating protection.
Ballu BEC / ETMR-1000
One of the popular bathroom heaters is the BEC / ETMR-1000 model from Ballu. She has a power of 1000 W, which is enough for a room of 15 m². Buyers in the reviews like the ease of mechanical control and the reliability of the equipment. The owners are also pleased that the kit comes with both wall hanging brackets and a chassis. The convector is equipped with protection against overturning and overheating. The heating element can work at 50% or 100% power. The dimensions of the case are 46x40x11 cm. The thermostat makes it easier to maintain the set temperature. The heating element is reliably insulated from moisture, so even long procedures in the bathroom with an abundance of steam will not damage the device.
In our opinion, the heater is the best for the bathroom in terms of heating time. This was made possible by seven rows of perforation in the upper part, which increases the area of the zone for hot air outlet (other models have a couple of stripes). Turning on the heater in the bathroom, you will feel the warmth after a couple of minutes.
- there is a built-in thermostat;
- when overheating, protection is triggered;
- complete with brackets and wheels;
- simple and intuitive controls.
- mechanical actuation of the thermostat with a large error;
- the wheels stick when rolling;
- short power cord.
Timberk TEC.PF10N DG 1000 IN
The Timberk brand offers an interesting version of the fireplace for the bathroom with dimensions of 48x44x9 cm. The device has a power of 1000 W and is designed for an area of 13 m². The product comes with two legs that can be detached and placed on the wall. The heater has two modes, half and full power, which is regulated by toggle switches on the side. Additionally, a thermostat with a wheel is provided, thanks to which the user can set the desired temperature. Among the features of the device: protection against overheating and overturning, as well as light indication of the inclusion of each mode.
Our experts have recognized the bath product as the best due to its stylish design. The black glossy tempered glass front panel looks very cool, especially if the room was decorated with a play of dark and white large tiles. All buyers in the reviews unanimously praise the mirror surface for its exclusivity and say that it can be used like a regular mirror if hung at the right height. This is an interesting option for an unusual interior decoration in the bathroom.
- when overheating, a shutdown is triggered;
- heats the room quickly;
- high-quality assembly;
- original mirror surface.
- dried splash marks are visible on the panel;
- the surface is capable of heating up to 100 degrees;
- the instructions in the instructions are incorrect dimensions for drilling in the wall.
Thermex Frame 1000E Wi-Fi
And here is another Thermex bathroom model, which is slightly larger – 60x38x9 cm and comes already on castors. The chassis can be rotated 360º along the vertical axis, so the panel can be freely rolled to any point in the room. The heater weighs 4 kg and is easy to take with you in the trunk to warm up the bathroom in the country. The device has electronic control. There is a beautiful black display with blue numbers that are clearly visible in the dark. The touch buttons are located on the front, which customers like in reviews. They are well insulated so that the chips will not be damaged by splashing water. The thermostat maintains the preset heat level and automatically turns on the heating element if the temperature has dropped by 4 degrees.
We found the heater to be the best due to the availability of Wi-Fi. Connecting the equipment to a wireless network in the apartment allows you to control the operation of the appliance in the bathroom remotely. For example, you can turn it on 15 minutes before arriving home from work and immediately take a shower in a heated room.
- touch buttons;
- black display with blue numbers;
- Beautiful design;
- moisture-proof design.
- the relay clicks loudly;
- run-up in thermostat operation is 4 ° C.
Best infrared bathroom heaters
Equipment with infrared rays heats the person directly, so the heat begins to be felt immediately after switching on. There is no need to wait for the bathroom to warm up.
Timberk TCH A03 800
It is a bathroom heater that generates infrared heat from two elongated blocks with an increased area due to the honeycomb structure. The panel is designed for ceiling installation and the height is allowed up to 2.5 m. With a power of 1000 W, the heater is capable of heating a bathroom with a room area of up to 12 m². There are no buttons or switches on the case, which increases its tightness and protection from steam. But the device cannot regulate the temperature on its own – you will need to buy a thermostat. Judging by the reviews, users like that the device quickly warms up the room. A ceiling heater has a directional effect, so it can be placed as far as possible from the area where steam and condensate rise, but installed at an angle so that the heat rays shine directly on the user.
In our opinion, the product wins among other ceiling models in terms of body thinness. The panel height is 45 mm. This facilitates neat placement on the ceiling so that nothing sticks out on it.
- silent work;
- does not dry the air;
- heats up the room quickly;
- installation at an angle is allowed.
- large dimensions 164x14x4.5 cm;
- only one operating mode;
- weighs 6.7 kg;
- no thermostat.
Ballu BHH / M-09N
And here is a portable IR heater that you can put in the bathroom when it gets colder. The front has two glass bulbs that generate infrared heat. They are protected from the outside with a steel mesh. The overall design is sufficiently sealed, so the device will not be damaged even if splashed with water. The power of the heater is 800 W and it is suitable for a bathroom with a room area up to 8 m². Two toggle switches allow starting it at 50 or 100% power. Each switch is equipped with a diode backlight to clearly see which mode is currently in effect. In case of rollover or overheating, protection is triggered. In the reviews, the owners share that it will be even hot in small rooms of 3-4 m².
The main advantage of this heater is its affordable cost and compactness. If you do not want to clutter up the bathroom with additional items, then this one can simply be put on only during a cold snap. In the rest of the months, the heater can be easily hidden in a storage room or glazed balcony. In view of its compact dimensions, it is practical to take it with you to the country house to wash in warmth.
- low cost;
- weighs only 1.1 kg;
- modest dimensions 30x37x14 cm;
- there is a rollover shutdown.
- no thermostat;
- when debris and dust gets on the tubes, it starts to stink strongly;
- easy to knock down.
STN NEB-M-NSt 0.7 (mChk)
This infrared heater is designed to be wall-mounted and also has its own wheel stands. Users in the reviews like that the chassis mount is metal, and not plastic, as in competitors, so it does not crack from frequent use and overcoming the threshold in the bathroom. The heater works only in one mode, but has a mechanical thermostat for temperature control. The status of the device can be understood by the light indicator. The waterproof case can be in black or white powder paint, which helps to choose the product for a specific bathroom interior.
In our opinion, the heater is better than the others due to the combined operating principle. Although it is based on the spread of infrared heat, the device also triggers light convection. The combination of the two methods provides local heating to the opposite user, but also maintains heat in other parts of the room, so wet skin does not feel discomfort. Thanks to these characteristics, with a power of 700 W it will be possible to heat a bathroom with an area of 14 m².
- the chassis bracket is metal, not plastic;
- it is difficult to accidentally fill up due to the weight of 9 kg;
- high-quality assembly;
- attractive design.
- takes up a lot of floor space;
- the surface is capable of heating up to 100 ° C.
ERGNA teplofon – 0.7 / 220 (p)
The domestic brand “Teplofon” produces a heater ERGNA – 0.7 / 220 (p), which is excellent for use in the bathroom due to the waterproof design of the heating element. The power of the equipment is 700 W, which is enough to heat a room of 7 m². The dimensions of the panel with infrared radiation are 70x40x5 cm. On the side there is a thermostat wheel and a power button. The heater works in only one mode. The front panel is heated up to 60-100 degrees. Only wall mounting is provided.
Buyers in reviews praise the product for its durability. Even when used in a house with electric heating, when the heater is in the bathroom for most of the year, it will last up to 7 years without breakdowns. Uninterrupted operation is possible due to the simple internal design and quality assembly.
- slim body 5 cm;
- convenient side adjustment;
- there is a thermostat;
- The heating element is protected from moisture ingress.
- very hot surface;
- not very neat look.
Peony Thermo Glass P-06
And here is a ceiling infrared heater, which has a swivel mount. The device can be tilted to different sides of the room or even placed on the wall. Panel dimensions are 83x16x2.3 cm. The heater has a power of 600 W and is suitable for bathrooms with an area of up to 12 m². Installation height is allowed up to 2-3 meters, so the product is optimal for rooms in houses like “Stalinka” with high ceilings. In the reviews, the owners like the IP54 moisture protection, which increases the safety of operation in a humid environment.
This infrared bathroom heater benefits from its unusual design. Externally, the device looks like a glass panel in a plastic frame with a thickness of 23 mm. It is difficult to immediately recognize it as a heating device – it looks more like a lamp shade. If you want to create an original design in the bathroom, then pay attention to this product.
- quickly reaches operating temperature;
- the case does not crack when heated;
- no dry air;
- swivel mount.
- a small hum is heard, as from a tube TV;
- sold without wire and thermostat;
- the surface can be heated up to 300 degrees.
A ceiling-type heater with a square shape completes this category. Among its characteristics: power of 600 W, one mode of operation and the estimated maximum room area of 12 m². The manufacturer allows an installation height of 1.5-3.5 m, which customers like in the reviews. The model weighs only 3.4 kg, so it does not load the ceiling mount. The square shape contributes to a more even heat distribution. The surface of the device is completely sealed and the accumulation of condensation on it will not damage the internal elements.
If you have an Armstrong suspended ceiling in your bathroom, then this heater is an ideal option for discreet placement of the heating system. Its dimensions are 59x59x3.6 cm, which just fits the size of a standard suspended ceiling cell. The white color of the body fully matches the embedded ceiling panels. Installing such a heater in the bathroom will allow you to receive heat from an “invisible” source and will not attract attention at all.
- double thermal insulation;
- shielding in the case is provided;
- economical energy consumption;
- light weight 3.4 kg.
- no thermostat;
- only one operating mode.
The best baseboard heaters for the bathroom
This type of heaters has a length of 100-150 cm, but differs in a small height and a depth of 5-15 cm. This allows them to be installed in bathrooms with panoramic windows in order to maintain heat and not block the view. Here are the top models to look out for.
REDMOND SkyHeat 7002S
The first place in this category is a heater with dimensions 154×5.5×6.7 cm. The body of the device is painted black and protected from moisture penetration. The controls are located on the left side. The power of the heater is 400 W, which is enough for a room of 8 m² due to the convective principle of operation. In case of overheating, protection operation is provided.
We have highlighted the heater as the best because of the availability of Bluetooth. The user can control the switching on and adjustment directly from the smartphone without touching the device body. Even through the phone, it will be possible to program the heater, setting not only the heat generation power, but also the time with the day of the month when the device will turn on automatically. Each created script has a “checkbox” and, if necessary, you can disable it, and then add it back without long “fiddling” with the settings. Users like the reviews that the convector's software is updated automatically when synchronized with a smartphone.
- comfortable chrome-plated thermostat wheel;
- installed under the window on its own legs;
- low power consumption;
- led indicator;
- electronic control.
- does not integrate into the “Smart Home” system;
- some have a crooked thermostat knob.
The heater has dimensions of 100x16x3.5 cm and is made entirely of metal. The body color is available in white or black, which makes it possible to better match the product to the design in the room. The front panel has a power button equipped with a light indication. The thermostat wheel is located under it. The heater is connected to a 220 V network and consumes 230 W. This is enough to heat a room with an area of 4 m². The owners in the reviews are satisfied with the durable case and say that even accidental blows in the bathroom with hard objects (basin, brush, movable shelf on wheels) will not harm it.
This bathroom model has the advantage of double action. It generates infrared rays and in parallel creates convection. Even when placed on the wall under the window, heat will dissipate not only opposite, but also at the top of the room.
- heats up the room quickly;
- low power consumption;
- durable body;
- 35mm thin panel takes up less space.
- not too beautiful design;
- to turn on, you have to bend over;
- heating the surface up to 100 ° С – the child may burn himself;
- over time, the thermostat begins to “live its own life”, knocking down the settings.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.