Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Our experts have analyzed the TOP models of watches from the most famous brands and compiled a list of the most expensive brands.
Rating of the most expensive watch brands
|Rating of the most expensive watch brands||1||Patek philippe||4.9|
|4||Lange & sohne||4.8|
An internationally renowned and highly respected brand with nearly 200 years of history, it is considered the last independent family business in Geneva. The unique manufactory owns its own workshops, where all the elements of unique products are developed and created, from internal details to external decorative design. The brand does not chase after quantity, creating each collection slowly, working out the smallest details, since the embodiment of each model requires the highest level of craftsmanship and steel endurance.
For connoisseurs of exquisite sets, Patek Philippe offers elegant jewelry (earrings, cufflinks, rings, key rings, chains for pocket watches) that will perfectly complement any brand watch. Connoisseurs of special delicacies will love the unique collection – 'Rare Crafts' – the embodiment of incredibly exquisite craftsmanship – masterpiece miniature compositions of various themes. The main materials used in the work: steel, white / pink / yellow gold, platinum, diamonds, onyx, agate, lapis lazuli.
- series 'rare crafts' – unique mini-paintings are embodied on the dials;
- collection of universal jewelry;
- a series of watches with complex functions – the models are equipped with an indicator of leap years, moon phases, a map of the starry sky, etc.
- all items are made entirely by hand, including the finishing of the case and the strap.
The very expensive brand is the oldest watch manufactory with rare stocks of antique equipment. The distinctive features of the Vacheron Constantin manufactory are refined simplicity and laconicism. The main principle of the brand is striving for harmony and an innovative spirit. The company's craftsmen are especially fond of finishing the dial using the cloisonné enamel technique. The main materials used in the work: steel, white / rose / yellow gold, platinum, diamonds.
- a series of watches made in the style of the 70s (Art Nouveau, Art Deco);
- models with an original dial shape;
- ultra-thin products (4.05 mm);
- practical, convenient options for those who travel;
- collection with complex functions – models are equipped with a tourbillon (compensates for the influence of gravity, ensuring maximum accuracy), a perpetual calendar, a chronograph, skeletons.
- series with unique images – a tribute to world scientific discoveries, zodiacal 12, architectural elements, imitation of embroidery, skeleton with a hidden dial.
Stylish representative of the avant-garde in our ranking of the best watch brands. The main principle when creating products is high functionality framed by sophistication. Breguet watch models are equipped with a unique patented anti-shock device. The brand boasts a one-of-a-kind silent 'generator' that ensures quiet movement of the dial's hands and prevents rapid wear on parts. A distinctive feature of Breguet is the guilloché dials (initially, a smooth metal disc is ground by hand to create separate zones of the dial). The technique requires special precision and gives the finished product an incomparable chic.
- luxury jewelry (earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, tiaras, cufflinks);
- a unique collection of women's watches, made in non-standard shapes using a luxurious diamond frame;
- collection of writing tools;
- unique adapted sports models (tourbillon, chronograph, alarm clock, power reserve indicator, etc.);
- a series developed in the 50s for French aviation, adapted to 'civilian' tastes.
Lange & sohne
Founded in 1845 by the German watch company Lange Uhren GmbH, the A. Lange & Sohne trademark is, in fact, the brainchild of the Richemont holding. The brand's watches are considered one of the best in the world and can confidently compete with the manufacturers of our rating. Although in the post-war years (in 1948) the administration of the USSR expropriated the property of the company, and only in 1990 it was recreated by a descendant of the founder. Distinctive features of the brand: frequent use of engraving, printed numbers, compact models.
- collection with printed numbers and a date display (the current one is highlighted in red);
- collection of compact watches with complex functions: chronograph return, perpetual calendar with moon phases, tourbillon with seconds and power reserve indicator.
The brand is constantly striving for excellence in its efforts to create a unique harmonious combination of technical precision and artistic excellence. In addition, the company maintains close ties with major contemporary art forums, working with artists around the world. The distinctive features of Audemars Piguet are invariably hand engraving, as well as inlaid products using the blind setting method (with the help of a gold rim) – one of the oldest in watchmaking.
- a series of ultra-modern, slightly futuristic products with a powerful, incredibly durable body;
- model – an example of high jewelry art – SAPPHIRE ORBE – diamond-sapphire luxury, made in the form of a bracelet consisting of many precious petals;
- a series of expensive watches with complex functions – with a tourbillon, a chronograph, for diving, high-precision quartz models, original skeletons;
- collection of commemorative models of ultra-thin skeletons, decorated with the image of the Bolshoi Theater of Russia (partner of the brand since 2009).
The Swiss manufactory is one of the few who openly and in detail describes the entire technical process of creating their famous watches. Each potential buyer will be able to get a clear idea of how, and, of course, from what the product of his choice was made. Distinctive features of the brand are the use of artificial rubies in the decoration (they perform several tasks at once: support, reduction of friction of parts, retention of lubricant, extension of the operating life of hours), the use of a special type of inlay created by the brand's masters ('snow'), unique enamel miniatures. The main materials used in the work: steel, white / rose gold, platinum, titanium.
- watch models with complex functions: tourbillon, chronograph, date indicator, moon phases, perpetual calendar;
- a large selection of rectangular models;
- expensive collection Duometre – represented by watches consisting of two independent movements that increase the performance and accuracy of the product;
- Atmos table clock series – the capsule inside the product contains a mixture of gases that contract / expand with temperature fluctuations. Therefore, the mechanism is wound up without human intervention.
Another Swiss manufactory in our ranking, which always strives for the perfect combination of high aesthetics with reliable functionality. The company can safely claim the status of not just a brand, but also a production. Like Patek Philippe, Girard-Perregaux creates all the elements of its products on its own. The brand was the first to release a quartz watch of incredible precision with a frequency of 32, 768 Hz, which later became the reference all over the world. Distinctive features of the company: ultra-thin, high-performance watches, strict aesthetics, use of ethical gold (exclusively from certified gold mines).
- expensive Cat's Eye collection for ladies – the dial is shaped like a cat's eye;
- the Bridges series – incredibly stylish mechanical watches (arrow-shaped elements) with complex functions: day / night, moon phases, triple tourbillon, 2 most difficult to combine functions (minute repeater and tourbillon gravitating to 3 axes);
- 1945 vintage series (with complex functions);
- retro collection 1966.
The brand is known for its unique approach and passion for provocation. The masters of the Swiss manufactory manage to create absolutely innovative watches, which at the same time invariably continue the centuries-old traditions of watchmaking. The company independently makes almost all the elements for its products, uses unique methods of decoration. One of the brand's engravers can create a watch that depicts scenes with moving elements on the dial. The collection for ladies is distinguished by its sophistication and practicality.
- Fifty Fathoms series – for those who gravitate towards the underwater world: models are distinguished by a non-standard design, equipped with a depth indicator, decompression valve, 5-minute counter, etc .;
- a series of avant-garde, powerful watches – in the spirit of people leading an active rhythm of life or related to sports;
- expensive models with complex functions: tourbillon, perpetual calendar, combination of both functions, minute repeater, depth gauge, split chronograph, alarm clock, complete calendar, lunar phase indicator, time of two time zones;
- ultra-thin watches are the pride of the manufactory – the thickness of the dial is 1.73 mm (!).
The company initially specialized in marine chronometers, the accuracy of which was unmatched during the active sea travel of the 19th century. Gradually, an ambitious young manufactory began to expand its production with wristwatches, bringing its products to perfection. A distinctive feature of the brand is products with complex functions.
- collection of skeletons with a tourbillon;
- the Marine collection – for those whose soul gravitates towards the sea in the rhythm of city life;
- classic collection with non-standard dials made in the form of small sketches, etc .;
- divers' series – luxury sports models, including those for deep diving;
- the unique Freak series – the products are equipped with a trigger system made of silicon for the first time. The watch models are devoid of hands and crown in the traditional sense of the word.
Although the brand is younger in comparison with many of the participants in our rating, it has managed to show itself not only in the creation of luxurious unique products, but also as an active participant in sports, water competitions, a connoisseur of cinema, environmentalist, etc. Distinctive features, that made Rolex the most recognizable in the world – style and function. Most of the brand's models have a metal strap – another difference between Rolex watches. The brand offers several collections of classic exquisite and expensive watches, as well as a range of products for professional use.
- professional series – for yachtsmen, race car drivers, divers, climbers / explorers (geologists, etc.), sky conquerors, avid travelers, deep-sea explorers (in 2014 a model was released, dedicated to the discovery of the world's deepest Mariana Trench – the dial changes color from bright blue to bluish black);
- the exquisite Pearlmaster collection is an elegant watch with a dial and a strap completely encrusted with a scattering of small diamonds.
Since its inception, the company has been slowly but confidently moving towards its goal – a departure from the standard Swiss watchmaking. Starting with wrist chronometers and watches with a waterproof case (the company's patented technology back in the 19th century), the brand was the first to use a watch in outer space. Today's Tag Heuer models are a unique concept that embodies exquisite design and incredible precision of movements. Distinguishing features: the world's most accurate double tourbillon (measures time to 1 / 100th of a second), brushed metal, black dial finish, durable buckle.
- collection of modular smart watches;
- the Mikrograph, the world's first mechanical watch with a central hand showing hundredths of a second;
- a series of sports watches.
The brand boasts its own materials science laboratory, providing truly unlimited opportunities for innovation. Distinctive features of Hublot: self-created complex mechanisms (from minute repeaters to chronographs), record power reserve (50 hours), colored ceramics. In recent years, the manufactory has rethought the traditions of watchmaking and introduced into production unique innovations that are a tribute to the 21st century: the Unico movement was developed by the company's craftsmen as an extremely precise working element with an integrated chronograph. Each of the collections is distinguished by its unique design and original flavor. There is a noticeably magnificent combination of ceramics and diamonds; there are items made of steel, gold and titanium.
- a futuristic collection of powerful skeletons;
- a series of expensive watches Unico;
- the classic collection will be appreciated by lovers of discreet, but stylish design.
Unusually stylish, elegant, and certainly functional, Chopard brand watches have become a symbol of Swiss quality and have earned the company a reputation as a reliable watch manufacturer. Over time, the brand began to produce not only luxury watches, but also a whole line of gorgeous accessories that perfectly complemented each other (sunglasses, bags, jewelry, scarves, ties, cufflinks, key rings and even fragrances – like a subtle subtle touch). Distinctive features: laconic details, magnificent accessories that complement the watch, and, of course, diamonds.
Speaking about the Chopard collections, one cannot fail to note the variety of magnificent examples of watchmaking for women (perhaps, a special emphasis is placed on the products, after all, for women). Expensive watches for gentlemen are presented in refined, laconic versions. Fans of complex movements will appreciate the Classic Racing sports watch series (models with a transparent caseback, skeletonized bridges, etc.).
- men's watches with a high power reserve (60 hours);
- Classic Racing collection – complex functions (chronograph, tachymeter scale, flyback, stop second);
- the L.U.C Métiers d'art series – the splendor of watchmaking;
- Lotus Blanc is an internationally recognized jewelry watch (white gold in a diamond frame).
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.