Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Fireplaces with a secondary air supply system and additional afterburning provide long-term fuel combustion and long-term heat output, which is superior in efficiency to conventional wood-burning stoves (70-85% versus 20-30%). Due to the more complex internal structure, the logs in them burn almost without residue, and most of the gases are burned. The editors, together with the RankQuality.com service analysts, have compiled the TOP-12 of the best long-burning fireplaces that have decent characteristics and are popular with buyers in reviews. We hope this will help you narrow your search and find the right product.
- Recommendations for choosing a long burning fireplace
- Rating of the best long burning fireplaces
- Review of the best long burning fireplaces
- Invicta Theia
- La Nordica Ghisa Isotta Con Cerchi
- Romotop LUGO stone
- EdilKamin Disco
- Invicta chamane
- ABX Helvetia K
- Romotop GERONA
- Fireway gunter
- THORMA Milano II
- Guca arina high
- META Oka
- Teplodar Vertical ceramics
Recommendations for choosing a long burning fireplace
First, let's figure out how to choose a long burning fireplace. Before buying, pay attention to the following key factors:
- Power and calculated area. It depends on which house or room you can heat with a fireplace. For example, a boiler with a power of 10 kW is optimal for a room volume of 200-280 m³.
- Fireplace material. The heater can be made of cast iron, which retains heat longer, but costs more. The second option is steel, which is cheaper, but susceptible to oxidation, but it wins in strength.
- Finishing material. Outside, fireplaces can be tiled or natural stone for decoration and to increase the heat dissipation time.
- Weight. The weight of the fireplace varies from 40 to 250 kg. It is important to consider this when choosing an installation site so that the floors can withstand such a load.
- The presence of a plate. Some continuous heat models have a cast iron plate on top that can be used to heat food or drinks.
- The presence of a water circuit. Fireplaces with a water circuit allow you to connect them to a water system with radiators and heat a house of several floors from one device. Then the stove will work like a full-fledged boiler.
- The length of the logs. The parameter 25-70 cm depends on the size of the firebox and indicates how short the wood will have to be cut.
- Dimensions and installation method. The size of the fireplace can be 500x300x300 mm or 1000x1000x500 mm, which affects the choice of installation site. Installation of the heater can be wall-mounted, free-standing or suspended on its own chimney.
Rating of the best long burning fireplaces
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Review of the best long burning fireplaces||1||Invicta Theia||RUB 216,000|
|2||La Nordica Ghisa Isotta Con Cerchi||RUB 163,200|
|3||Romotop LUGO stone||RUB 124 677|
|4||EdilKamin Disco||RUB 95,400|
|5||Invicta chamane||RUB 69,900|
|6||ABX Helvetia K||RUB 102,225|
|7||Romotop GERONA||RUB 99,777|
|8||Fireway gunter||RUB 44,990|
|9||THORMA Milano II||RUB 30,900|
|10||Guca arina high||RUB 38,950|
|11||META Oka||RUB 24 900|
|12||Teplodar Vertical ceramics||RUB 17,050|
Review of the best long burning fireplaces
Understanding the main selection criteria, let's move on to the list of the best fireplaces with a long burning effect. Our experts have prepared a number of models that are popular in customer reviews and have good features.
In the first place are goods from the French brand Invicta. Long burning thanks to the system with double air supply is possible in the fireplace up to 8 hours from one firewood with a minimum volume of the incoming air stream. The firebox is made of cast iron, and the front wall with a door is finished with heat-resistant glass. The model has dimensions of 1034 mm in width, 913 mm in height and 491 mm in depth. The heater is installed against the wall on its own oval base. Above, a chimney connection with a diameter of 180 mm is required, which is purchased separately In the reviews, the long-burning heater is liked by buyers for its design, which resembles a plasma TV panel from the side. It is very interesting to sit and watch the firewood burning through the huge glass.
In our opinion, this is the best fireplace with secondary afterburning of fuel and long burning, which is suitable for heating a huge area. Power of 12 kW is enough to heat a room up to 360 m³. We recommend the product to a large living room or showroom.
- front glass cleaning system;
- high-quality casting without defects;
- simple chimney connection;
- logs are placed inside the firebox, up to 71 cm long.
- weight of 220 kg complicates transportation and installation;
- high price.
La Nordica Ghisa Isotta Con Cerchi
In second place is a fireplace with long burning, installed on graceful four legs. The design of the stove immediately attracts attention with its relief inserts and convex body parts. The heater is made “antique”. The front door is fitted with heat-resistant glass. Inside it is blown with air to keep it clean. An ash drawer is provided at the bottom, making it easy to clean the chamber after use. There is a cast iron lid on top, under which the hob is located. The dimensions of the fireplace are 83x79x66 cm and it is connected to a chimney with a diameter of 150 mm. The device is capable of heating the volume of space up to 338 m³. Customer reviews show that the oven starts to “breathe heat” after 40 minutes.
In addition to the high power of 11.9 kW, the fireplace is distinguished by the presence of a side door for supplying firewood. This is convenient if the log cannot be placed through the front compartment. Still, this design does not shower users with heat at the moment the door is opened, if they are sitting in the immediate vicinity of the heater.
- inside, blowing is applied to the glass;
- able to heat 338 m³;
- there is a hob on top;
- separate drawer for ash.
- high price;
- with careless transportation, the protruding legs of cast iron can be beaten off;
- weight 212 kg.
Romotop LUGO stone
We awarded third place to the fireplace from Romotop. The Lugo model has dimensions of 56x121x47 cm and is installed vertically. The structure weighs 218 kg. The furnace with the effect of long burning and the body are made of steel, which made it possible to reduce the price relative to cast-iron competitors, but the total cost still remained high. The device has a power of 8 kW and is suitable for heating a volume of 160 m³. It has a “clean glass” system, and the combustion force can be adjusted by opening the blower. Due to secondary afterburning, it provides long-term operation and an efficiency of 78%. The stove does not have protruding handles – instead, ergonomic slots are arranged.
In our opinion, the fireplace is the best in terms of richness of decoration. Steel side panels covered with natural stone. A slab of the same material is located on top. This design gives the product a chic look and increases the duration of heat release. In the reviews, the owners like the small shelf that allows you to warm up a cup of tea on it.
- there is a box for ash;
- safe closed combustion chamber;
- regulation of the flame level by opening the blower;
- system “clean glass”.
- high price;
- in cold weather, smokes for a few minutes during ignition;
- inconvenient to mount due to the weight of 218 kg.
The fireplace with long burning effect is available in gray or red body color. The model has dimensions of 50x88x53 cm and is mounted vertically. Above provided for connection to the chimney. The oven weighs 146 kg. There is no expensive finishing in the design – only heat-resistant steel is used everywhere, so the price turned out to be two times lower than that of the competitors described above. The front panel is equipped with glass and two rows of grilles for primary and secondary air supply to the combustion chambers. To prevent the door from opening accidentally, the fireplace is equipped with a lock with a folding handle, which must be lifted to open. The power of the device is 8.5 kW, which is enough for an area with a volume of 220 m³. In the reviews, the owners like the narrow case, which does not take up much space in the room.
The fireplace is recognized by us as the best due to the presence of vermiculite lining. The inner cavity of the firebox is lined with an asbestos-free heat insulator. An additional layer protects the outer casing from thermal deformation and helps to increase the duration of heat transfer.
- minimalist design;
- reliable lock on the door;
- Efficiency 78%;
- there is a box for ash.
- nothing to regulate the power of the flame;
- there is no stove for cooking.
The wood-burning stove with long burning Chamane is made of cast iron and has dimensions of 120x57x56 cm. The power of the heater reaches 14 kW and it is capable of heating a room up to 190 m³. A huge wavy handle that locks the camera is responsible for safety. Logs up to 330 mm long can be placed inside. The manufacturer promises that with minimum settings, combustion will last up to 10 hours. Easy to keep clean with the ash drawer located at the bottom. To remove combustion products, you will need to buy a chimney with a diameter of 180 mm. The efficiency of the device is 78.8%. The owners say that even when laying scraps of building materials, the fireplace heats the air to a temperature of 30 degrees.
The model with long burning was included in the review of the best because of its non-trivial design. A high cone with a huge glass makes it very unusual and immediately attracts the attention of guests. In reviews, buyers share that the burning of wood, visible through a large window, looks impressive.
- in the room +30 degrees even when using scraps of building materials;
- the firebox is equipped with vertical grates to limit the position of firewood;
- you can adjust the strength of combustion;
- the duration of work on a full bookmark is up to 10 hours.
- after burning out, it cools down quickly;
- it is difficult to find a chimney of the required diameter;
- when the door is opened, ash falls onto the floor.
ABX Helvetia K
And here is an interesting fireplace from ABX, the burning time of which is 6 hours. The model is capable of heating the air volume in the room up to 140 m³ thanks to the power of 7 kW. The dimensions of the structure are 99x74x50 cm. The outer casing is made of steel, and the combustion chamber is made of cast iron. The connection to the chimney is made from the rear using a 150 mm diameter pipe. The stove comes with one of three base / plinth options: edged, tiled or steel.
The feature of this fireplace is the tile finish, which can be brown or dark green. The ceramic exterior has an embossed surface that makes the oven look richer and increases the duration of heat transfer. Another feature of the fireplace is the firewood storage compartment in the plinth. It is located directly under the firebox and allows you to pre-dry the logs before placing them in the chambers. This optimizes the space occupied by the boiler and does not require stacking firewood side by side in a special box.
- panoramic window;
- stainless steel door handle;
- burning time about 6 hours;
- inside there is additional insulation.
- weight 238 kg;
- connecting to the rear chimney requires additional space from the wall.
With beveled edges and ceramic cladding, this fireplace adds a touch of coziness to any home. The model has dimensions of 99x69x40 cm and is connected through the upper outlet 150 mm in diameter to the chimney. The power of the device is 9 kW, which is enough for heating 160 m³. The design includes a compartment for storing firewood, a niche for heating food and a glass door, behind which is a steel combustion chamber and an ash box. The air passage opening regulator allows you to control the combustion power. The duration of heat transfer from coal is 6 hours. The weight of the boiler reaches 133 kg, but does not need to create a special base – it is enough to lay a sheet of metal or fire-resistant floor tiles.
The fireplace attracted the attention of experts with its 30 color options. Tiled decorative tiles on the outside cover three vertical sides with a lid and can be beige, brown, blue, green, red and 25 more shades, which allows you to choose the stove for the interior of the room. Not all competitor models are capable of providing this variety.
- Beautiful design;
- there is a compartment for logs;
- niche for warming up food;
- simple top connection.
- firewood burns for a long time;
- not convenient to clean;
- you cannot throw a lot of firewood at a time due to the dimensions of the firebox.
The cast iron fireplace “Gunther” is designed with dimensions of 75x75x56 cm and has an ash drawer and a sill to collect crumbling ash and pieces of heat. The body is installed on its own four legs. The surface of the stove is covered with small decorative molding with a small pattern, which makes the design more interesting. In the reviews, the owners are satisfied with the hob, which has a removable burner. If you remove it, you can cook over an open fire (for example, toast bread or a small piece of meat). At the same time, smoke continues to be drawn into the chimney, so clean air remains in the house.
The model was included in the list of the best because of the excellent ratio of small dimensions and the heat output of 14 kW. The fireplace will be practical for small houses with a living room volume of up to 140 m³, so that the body does not “steal” useful space from users. Despite the cost 3-4 times cheaper than the leaders of the review, the walls of the firebox are made of cast iron, which is more durable and efficient in heating.
- Efficiency 78%;
- air supply regulator;
- blowing glass;
- there is a hob on top.
- the chimney at the back requires the removal of the fireplace from the wall;
- under it, a solid floor is required due to the weight of the “baby” 177 kg.
THORMA Milano II
A heater with a long burning system is constructed of steel, but the chamber doors and the blower are made of cast iron. The firebox is lined with fireclay inside to protect the outer metal from thermal effects and prevent deformation. The power of the device is 5 kW. The heater is available in silver, beige, burgundy or black. The efficiency is at the level of 72%. A chimney with a diameter of 120 mm is used for connection. The device weighs 72 kg. Owner reviews show that the hob on top is not just a marketing ploy – you can actually cook on it. For example, a pot of water will boil in just a few minutes.
The fireplace has a narrow shape, practical for rooms with furniture. Thanks to its dimensions 36x38x89 mm, it is easier to find a place for it. The ability to heat 124 m³ and the presence of a hob make it optimal for use in the country.
- you can cook on the hob;
- includes a metal accessory for lifting the hot lid;
- air access control;
- combustion can be converted to smoldering mode.
- the insulation on the back wall of some cracked after 3 years of operation;
- the size of the firewood in the firebox should be no more than 250 mm;
- the floor under the fireplace is heated to a temperature of 50 degrees.
Guca arina high
The long-burning floor-standing stove from Guca has a vertical design with dimensions of 82x48x43 cm and weighs 123 kg. The power of the fireplace is 10 kW, and the optimal heated space is 210 m³. The combined body material has a steel base and cast iron inserts. The access to the chamber and ash drawer is opened through a single glass door. The combustion force is adjusted by turning the round valve for the passage of air into the blower. Judging by the reviews, users like the heater with its “carved” design and an effective shelf for collecting ash falling out when the door is opened.
Experts considered the fireplace to be the best due to the increased efficiency of 84%. Even for more expensive models, the indicator does not exceed 82%, or even 78%. Longer heat release is possible due to thick metal walls, a narrowed chimney with a diameter of 120 mm and an inner insulator layer. Continuous smoldering can last up to 8 hours.
- shelf for collecting ash;
- capacious ash box;
- simple top chimney connection;
- combustion chamber material – cast iron.
- no hob;
- thin edges of the legs – because of this, the fireplace can be accidentally moved on the tile.
Domestic brand “Meta” offers a model with long burning “Oka”, made of steel and “wrapped” in fireclay on the sides. The dimensions of the body are 86x49x40 cm and the vertical chimney outlet with a diameter of 150 mm makes it possible to place the device almost against the wall and not take up much space in the room. A device with a power of 6 kW is suitable for heating 100 m³. In the lower part there is a compartment for drying and storing firewood. A pull-out ash drawer is located above it. Owners love the reviews that cleaning it does not require opening the combustion chamber door. To prevent fogging of the glass, an air jet is provided on it. The fireplace weighs 86 kg, so it is quite possible to install it together.
The model is notable for the triangular shape of the door with glass, which provides an improved view of what is happening in the firebox. Tongues of flame can be contemplated in a volumetric form that opens up to more users in the room. Another obvious advantage of the fireplace is its relatively affordable price.
- there is a compartment for storing and drying firewood;
- ash drawer slides out separately;
- affordable cost;
- niche for warming food.
- there is no hob;
- sometimes the chamotte on the side walls cracks from heating.
Teplodar Vertical ceramics
In conclusion, the product from “Teplodar”. We put the “Vertical” fireplace at the very end of the review due to its too simple design. It has smooth steel walls lined with chamotte and a small glass window. Heater dimensions 88x37x42 cm. A hob is provided on top. The ash drawer slides out separately and does not require opening the main door. In the reviews, buyers share that the fireplace can even be mounted by yourself, since it weighs only 44 kg. If you use the stove as an additional heat source (in parallel with a gas boiler operating at minimum mode), then it will cope with heating an area of 100 m². For some buyers, the product has been serving for 10 years.
A fireplace with long burning technology is the best in terms of cost. This is the best option for a summer residence or with a limited budget for repairs. Despite the low price, the material of the furnace is cast iron. With the correct settings, the burning time reaches about 4 hours.
- weight 44 kg can be installed even alone;
- the hob covers almost the entire area of the upper shelf;
- heats up quickly;
- simple installation.
- more difficult to find a chimney with a diameter of 11.5 cm;
- very simple and unremarkable design.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.