Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Kitchen scales belong to the class of so-called 'small household appliances', and due to the relative availability for setting up production, such products are in the assortment of many manufacturers. Experts have analyzed the market and prepared a rating of the 12 best models of kitchen scales in terms of price, quality and functionality. Based on the results of this study, we present you with an overview of all these models in the context of parameters such as minimum price and form factor (bowl or platform). In addition, we will consider two more models of mechanical scales and such an interesting technological solution as a spoon scale.
- Rating of the best kitchen scales
- Which manufacturer's kitchen scales to buy
- The best inexpensive kitchen scales under 1000 rubles
- REDMOND RS-M723
- Maxwell MW-1451
- Rating of the best electronic scales with a bowl
- Bugatti UMA 56
- Beurer KS 32
- ProfiCook PC-KW 1040
- Vitesse VS-601
- The best electronic platform scales
- Beurer KS 48
- Soehnle 67080 Page Profi
- REDMOND SkyScales 741S
- Rating of the best mechanical kitchen scales
- Vitesse VS-1278
- Gipfel 5688
- Better kitchen scales – measuring spoon
- ENDEVER KS-513
- Which kitchen scales to choose
Rating of the best kitchen scales
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best inexpensive kitchen scales under 1000 rubles||1||REDMOND RS-M723||750 RUB|
|2||Maxwell MW-1451||940 RUB.|
|The best electronic scales with a bowl||1||Bugatti UMA 56||680 RUB|
|2||Beurer KS 32||1600 RUB.|
|3||ProfiCook PC-KW 1040||1800 RUB.|
|4||Vitesse VS-601||2390 RUB.|
|The best electronic platform scales||1||Beurer KS 48||1500 RUB.|
|2||Soehnle 67080 Page Profi||4 100 RUB.|
|3||REDMOND SkyScales 741S||2300 RUB.|
|Best Mechanical Kitchen Scales||1||Vitesse VS-1278||1450 RUB.|
|2||Gipfel 5688||2300 RUB.|
|Better kitchen scales – measuring spoon||1||ENDEVER KS-513||490 RUB.|
Which manufacturer's kitchen scales to buy
First of all, let's deal with brands and manufacturers, since with the current globalization of production, it is not easy for an ordinary consumer to determine whether it is worth dealing with one or another trademark at all.
Let's start with well-known brands with a deep history and impeccable reputation, to which there are no claims about true origin and honesty in terms of the country of origin.
- The Beurer company has a century-old history (founded in 1919) and is well known all over the world for the quality of its products. Manufacturing facilities are located in Europe – in Germany and Hungary.
- The ProfiCook brand is also German and belongs to the famous Clatronic Group holding. The company specializes in the production of small household appliances. However, the kitchen scale is manufactured in China. This, however, does not negatively affect the quality of the goods.
- The products of the Italian company Casa Bugatti deserve separate warm words (they have nothing to do with the famous French car brand). This is real chic, brilliance and prestige. And, of course, high quality. Production is established for the most part in Italy itself.
- The history of the German company SOEHNLE goes back over 140 years. This is also an honest German brand with all the ensuing positive aspects. For example, the company has been engaged in the production of specific kitchen scales since 1986, so its products definitely deserve attention.
- The Redmond trademark is a kind of 'apart' in this list – a reference example of globalization and international trends in production. It was founded by several investors from different countries at once – the USA, Canada and Israel. And from the very beginning, the company has positioned the brand as an international one. In each country where a representative office is opened, Redmond registers separate trademarks of the same name for representatives. This is done to counter counterfeiting. In the Russian Federation, Redmond is associated with the Technosila company, and sometimes on the Internet you can stumble upon information, they say, this is a Russian brand. This is not true.
- Now a few words about Maxwell. But this is already a truly Russian trade mark owned by the Golden Electronics Group. The same holding owns another well-known brand – VITEK. Maxwell entered the market after the global crisis of 2008, when the demand for inexpensive equipment increased and consumers were determined to overpay for the name.
- ViTESSE is a completely Russian brand. The equipment of the budget price category is made in China. Due to the brand's truly shameless positioning as a French company, the company even had serious problems with the Federal Antimonopoly Service a few years ago. After that, she corrected herself and removed all references to France from the official website and product labeling, leaving only the French flag in places, since it no longer binds to anything. Despite all these tricks, the ViTESSE equipment meets all the requirements of Rospotrebnadzor, very solid in terms of quality and inexpensive.
- Mechanical kitchen scales Gipfel are positioned as German, but not as zealously as it was just a few years ago. The company had exactly the same problems with FAS as Vitesse, after which they had to treat branding a little more honestly. 'A little', because nothing is known about the origin of the brand, as well as about the country of origin. There is an assumption that the trademark has Russian roots, and the Gipfel technique is produced all in the same China – there is nothing unexpected here.
- And finally, Endever. This brand is part of the portfolio of the Kromax Group holding (Russia), along with such brands as iBang and Kromax. Scales of this brand are manufactured in China.
The best inexpensive kitchen scales under 1000 rubles
Let's start with the models of the lowest price segment, buying which you can keep within 1000 rubles. Experts have identified two models of electronic scales of different types of structures – 'platform' and 'bowl'. Experts considered these models the most efficient of those that can be bought at such an affordable price. Both models support automatic shutdown, tare compensation, discharge and overweight indication.
REDMOND RS-M723 electronic kitchen scales are made in China. It is an inexpensive compact device with dimensions of 2x23x17.5 cm and weighing 0.4 kg. There are 4 load cells, one in each leg, and users have noted that the scale centers the items to be weighed quite correctly, regardless of their location on the platform. The upper limit of weighing is 5 kg. Accuracy – 1 g.
In this model, literally everything is aimed at reducing the cost as much as possible, so some may be upset by the sheer cheapness of the case and the metal of the platform. The latter, by the way, is positioned as stainless steel, but in fact, the metal is still prone to corrosion to some extent – this is noted by many buyers.
Not the strongest point of the scales and batteries-'tablets' (included), which are not sold in every store. But they have to be changed very rarely – the scales work for years without changing the batteries.
In general, the functionality of the scales is very laconic – apart from weighing, there are no other functions in them.
Prices: 701 – 999 rubles.
- correctly centers the weighed items;
- attractive design;
- metal parts rust;
- batteries – CR2032 'tablets';
- inconvenient power button;
Electronic scales Maxwell MW-1451, like all other products of this domestic brand, are made in China. They have a bowl design, round shape and extremely compact dimensions. The bowl is removable and upside down completely covers the scale, minimizing the space required. Body and bowl material – plastic. The maximum measurable weight is 5 kg, the accuracy is 1 g. The upper limit of 5 kg is slightly unrealistic – users note that after 3 kg the scales cannot cope with accurate measurements. And the extremely limited volume of the bowl of 0.8 l does not give a chance to weigh any heavy products.
The scales of this model are powered by one CR2032 battery, which is included in the delivery set. It needs to be changed quite rarely, but it must be done very carefully – many users complain about the fragility of the battery mounting element.
The functionality is represented by simple weighing, sequential weighing and measuring the volume of liquid. All service functions – indication of charge, overload and auto power off are also present. Auto shutdown is not 'lightning fast', but after as much as 2 minutes, which users consider a plus.
Prices: 880 – 1200 rubles.
- extended functionality;
- convenient buttons with a short and precise stroke;
- auto shutdown after 2 minutes;
- small weighing bowl;
- batteries-'tablets' CR2032.
- sometimes freeze;
- the element of the battery fastening structure often breaks;
Rating of the best electronic scales with a bowl
Now we will consider models of kitchen scales, depending on the design, and already without reference to cost. Let's start with an electronic scale of the 'bowl' design. Our experts have singled out the following models as the best: Bugatti UMA 56, Beurer KS 32, ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 and Vitesse VS-601. Each of them supports the now standard automatic shutdown and tartar compensation functions.
Bugatti UMA 56
The Bugatti UMA 56 electronic scale with bowl is a sample of real Italian premium small household appliances. The brand's products are manufactured in Italy and China, and where exactly the scales of this model are assembled is not known for certain. But this is not so important, since the name Casa Bugatti is so famous all over the world and so prestigious that the quality of the products is beyond doubt. Even the names of the designers who worked on the appearance of the UMA 56 scales are known – these are Innocenzo Rifino and Lorenzo Ruggieri.
The device has a very original hanging bowl form factor. Dimensions – 220x220x240 mm, weight – 1.15 kg. Removable bowl material – high quality plastic. The working part and the stand are covered with a high-gloss chrome finish. The upper limit of weighing is 3 kg. Accuracy – 1 g.
The set of functions includes sequential weighing, but, unfortunately, there is no measurement of the volume of liquid, which can be considered a disadvantage for a scale-bowl. But there is a timer that will help with operational cooking. A big plus of the scales is powered by two AAA batteries ('little fingers'), which can be bought anywhere.
Prices: 4990 – 11990
- impeccable accuracy;
- premium brand;
- AAA batteries;
- exclusively original design;
- no measurement of liquid volume;
- high price.
Beurer KS 32
The German electronic kitchen scales Beurer KS 32 are actually made in Germany, and this is their first indisputable plus. They have a bowl design and weigh 921 g. The bowl itself, as for such a compact device, is unexpectedly spacious – as much as 3 liters (unlike the budget Maxwell MW-1451 with its 800 ml). The package includes a 3V CR2032 lithium battery.
The bowl is removable, and upside down completely covers the working part of the scale, saving space. The design of the scales implies the possibility of weighing products even without a bowl. The upper limit of weighing is 5 kg. Permissible error – 1 g. Tarot compensation is supplemented with the function of sequential weighing. This model does not provide ways to determine the volume of liquid – there are not even scale divisions on the bowl.
Users note that automatic shutdown is too fast, which is inconvenient for the same sequential weighing.
The Beurer KS 32 model is backed by a 3-year manufacturer's warranty.
Prices: 1600 rub.
- German assembly;
- 3 years warranty;
- the ability to use without a bowl;
- spacious bowl;
- no measuring scale for liquids;
- short display time of weight;
- too fast auto shutdown;
ProfiCook PC-KW 1040
ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 is a mid-range kitchen scale, German trademark, but made in China. The design of the scales is a bowl, while both parts – both the bowl and the case of the working module are made of stainless steel. The design is quite interesting and the assembly is of high quality.
The dimensions of the device are 21x10x21 cm, and the weight is only 0.5 kg. The capacity of the bowl is quite decent – 2 liters, and the bowl itself is removable and completely covers the working module upside down. The maximum load is 5 kg.
Repeated tests of enthusiasts with reference weights have shown the high accuracy of the scales, which fully 'fits' into the declared division price of 1 g. An offensive drawback – consistent weighing is not provided.
The ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 is powered by two AA AA batteries.
Prices: 1714 – 2099 rubles.
- spacious bowl;
- AA batteries;
- measurement of liquid volume;
- high accuracy;
- metal body and bowl;
- no consistent weighing.
Kitchen scales of the Russian trade mark Vitesse VS-601 are manufactured in China at the production facilities of Shenzhen Bingfengzuoyue Trade Co., Ltd. Dimensions of the device in the package are 21.50×10.50×22.00 cm.Weight without packaging – 542 g.
Vitesse VS-601 uses a 2 liter bowl as a weighing container. The upper limit of weighing is 5 kg, and the accuracy is 1 g. This model has a fairly wide functionality. In addition to standard tartar compensation and auto shutdown, there is a timer with a signal, a thermometer, sequential weighing, indication of discharge and overload, manual shutdown.
The scales are powered by a 9-volt Krona battery. Such batteries are not sold everywhere, but they need to be changed quite rarely.
Prices: 2399 – 2440 rubles.
- high accuracy;
- bright contrast display;
- battery discharge indication;
- wide functionality;
- relatively high price;
- Krona battery.
The best electronic platform scales
Now we will consider a group of scales of another type of design, where a flat platform is used as the basis for weighing. Our experts found the following models worthy of attention: Beurer KS 48, Soehnle 67080 Page Profi and REDMOND SkyScales 741S.
Beurer KS 48
The German kitchen scale Beurer KS 48 is equipped with a tempered glass platform, under which there can be a plain surface or pictures with a theme of wildlife. The dimensions of the device are 240x180x17 mm. The platform is not removable.
The weighing accuracy of the Beurer KS 48 is 1 g, and its correctness is consistent with the renowned German quality and is confirmed by numerous tests of enthusiasts. The maximum measurable weight is 5 kg.
Control is carried out by touch buttons located directly on the platform. Many people define this as a disadvantage due to the frequent false alarms due to splashing or accidental roll-on of measuring instruments.
The functionality is pretty laconic. There are no such 'bonuses' as consistent weighing, clock or timer in this model. There is only tare compensation, but it is a 'must have' for modern electronic scales.
The scales are powered by three AAA 'little finger' batteries. They are included, but according to reviews, they are very weak, and it is better to immediately buy a new set of full-fledged batteries.
Prices: 1500 rub.
- Beautiful design;
- powered by AAA batteries;
- German assembly;
- too sensitive touch buttons;
- very fragile body;
- limited functionality;
Soehnle 67080 Page Profi
The Soehnle 67080 Page Profi kitchen scale is a device of an 'honest' and very famous German brand with a deep history, but it is made in China. In this case, this cannot be considered a disadvantage, since the Soehnle head office extremely carefully monitors the quality of the products, so assembly is just the strong point of the scales of this model.
The Soehnle 67080 Page Profi is an outstanding kitchen scale in its own way, as the upper weighing limit is almost unprecedented – a whopping 15 kg! True, this remarkable characteristic has a downside – with the accuracy of weighing small weights for this model 'tension'.
Users had isolated cases of liquid getting inside the body, after which the scoreboard began to work chaotically. Disassembling and wiping fixed the problem. Let us emphasize that these were isolated cases, which may well be qualified as a rare factory defect.
Many users praise this model for the Hold function, which allows you to fix the result, and for a long pause of 4.5 minutes before automatic shutdown. If the pause seems too long to someone, the scale provides for a manual shutdown.
Prices: 4126 – 4297 rubles.
- upper limit of weighing 15 kg;
- large platform;
- warranty – 5 years;
- high-quality assembly;
- long auto shutdown;
- the possibility of fixing the result;
- stylish and 'expensive' appearance;
- high price;
- easily soiled platform surface.
REDMOND SkyScales 741S
The REDMOND SkyScales 741S electronic kitchen scale stands out from other platform models. The reason for this is a high-tech smart device. The scales are able to synchronize with wearable gadgets that have their 'native' SkyScales mobile app installed. With its help, calories are counted. The calories are counted in conjunction with the successive weighing function. Thus, having weighed in succession all the products necessary for cooking, the user can easily determine the total calorie content of the dish. There is no direct function of sequential weighing in this model, but it is completely replaced by the operation of the scales in tandem with a mobile application.
The maximum measurable weight is 5 kg, and the scale accuracy is 1 g. The device informs the user about the overload and the state of charge of the batteries. Buyers note the scales are somewhat slow, but there can be a large share of subjectivity in this issue, as well as the fact that the list of products in the mobile application is too limited.
Prices: 1917 – 2895 rubles.
- calorie counter in the mobile application;
- extended functionality;
- stylish design;
- slow work;
- limited list of products in the app.
Rating of the best mechanical kitchen scales
Finally, consider another category of scales – mechanical, which may even surprise someone by the very fact of their existence against the background of super-accurate and inexpensive electronic scales. In fact, mechanical kitchen scales are still being produced and are quite successfully in demand. There are a lot of consumers who do not need jewelry accuracy when weighing, and mechanical scales are simple, understandable, cannot 'glitch' by definition, and they do not need any batteries. After all, a lot of people just don't trust electronics. Our experts suggest paying attention to two worthy models: Vitesse VS-1278 and Gipfel 5688.
Mechanical kitchen scales Vitesse VS-1278 are distinguished by their stylish design and sufficient accuracy for mechanical scales – the permissible error is 20 g. The body of the working module and the bowl are made of stainless steel with mirror polish. The dimensions of the device in the package are 21.50×10.00×22.00 cm, and the weight is 0.842 kg.
The maximum load limit in the scales of this model is quite modest – 2.5 kg. The bowl is also not the most voluminous – 1 liter. Of course, there are no 'goodies' typical for electronic scales, such as tarot compensation.
Most users like the pretty radial scale layout.
Prices: 1400 – 1500 rubles.
- sufficient accuracy;
- stainless steel body;
- attractive appearance;
- small weighing limit;
- small bowl.
Pseudo-German mechanical kitchen scale Gipfel 5688 is equipped with a classic round dial of very impressive dimensions. The upper limit of weighing is 5kg, and the accuracy is 20g, which is normal for a mechanical balance.
A steel bowl acts as a weighing container. True, it is quite shallow, so it is not very convenient to weigh liquids in it.
This model is much more expensive than the Vitesse VS-1278, and this cannot be explained by either functionality (it is exactly the same meager in the Gipfel 5688), or super-accuracy, or even a loud brand. In addition, active users note a rather 'pale' design, which stopped many before making a purchase.
But on the other hand, this model will be very useful for elderly people who experience problems not only with the use of electronics, but also with vision.
Prices: 2091 – 2990 rubles.
- large dial with clearly distinguishable hands, numbers and divisions;
- unjustified price;
- expressionless design.
Better kitchen scales – measuring spoon
And at the end of our review, let's look at something unusual and interesting. This is a scale – a measuring spoon. The task of the spoon scales is to measure ultra-small weights – units of grams or even less. The need for such precision arises in the preparation of especially delicious dishes. Our experts have identified the only model – ENDEVER KS-513, since such devices are just beginning to conquer the market, and there is not much choice yet.
Scales-spoon ENDEVER KS-513 is a rather interesting and even funny electronic device. Manufactured in China. The device is made in a rather elegant design style, and will fit perfectly in a high-tech kitchen.
The weights range from 0.1 g to 300 g, and this is where the problems begin. Many users note that the ENDEVER KS-513 spoon-scale does not even come close to showing the declared accuracy of 0.1 g. For the most part, the accuracy starts from 1 g, like with conventional electronic kitchen scales. True, there are still reviews where users argue that at the very beginning of operation for some time the device still demonstrates an accuracy below 1 g, but still not 0.1 g at all. Hopefully, this shortcoming will be eliminated in future models.
It is recommended not to weigh by weight, as the load cell is very sensitive and literally 'weighs the air'. It is better to place the weighing spoon on a flat surface, and immediately fix the measured weight with a button.
Prices: 430 – 640 rubles.
- original form factor;
- powered by AAA batteries;
- stylish design;
- there is no promised 0.1 g of accuracy.
Which kitchen scales to choose
So we have come to the final, where we will summarize.
- Among the most inexpensive models of scales, you should definitely choose Maxwell MW-1451. The manufacturers of REDMOND RS-M723 have overdid it in minimizing costs.
- Among the electronic scales with a bowl, if you appreciate real chic and are not afraid of the price, definitely choose the Bugatti UMA 56. Of the other two German models Beurer KS 32 and ProfiCook PC-KW 1040, only the first is truly German. The conclusion is obvious, and in terms of basic parameters, the Beurer is clearly ahead.
- The situation with platform scales is more interesting. If you compare the Beurer KS 48 and Soehnle 67080 Page Profi, then the second option is, of course, better. It's another matter that these scales are 2.5 times more expensive, but due to a combination of factors, it is better to pay such a sum once only than to be constantly nervous about the shortcomings of the Beurer KS 48. REDMOND SkyScales 741S does not even want to be compared with two other models, since it a completely different kind of device. Ideal for those who strictly monitor the calorie content of consumed products, as well as for those who love everything high-tech.
- As for mechanical scales, Vitesse VS-1278 and Gipfel 5688 are 'partisan' brands, and neither model nor the other has a clear advantage in this regard. Still, there is a slight advantage towards Vitesse due to a much lower price, more interesting design and a spacious bowl.
- Finally, the ENDEVER KS-513 spoon scale. As part of our review, it has no competitors, it is inexpensive, so this accessory can be tried by those who prepare dishes according to a strict recipe.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.