Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Most children spend their free time playing on the phone or computer. Some parents buy a children's ATV to take their child away from the screen and encourage active play in the fresh air. Such a toy allows not only to have fun, but also develops confidence and responsibility. Our experts have prepared the TOP-12 of the best ATVs for children, which will help you navigate in the variety and choose the right machine based on characteristics and reviews.
- How to choose a children's ATV
- Rating of the best children's ATVs
- Best Kids Electric ATVs
- MOTAX GEKKON 1300W
- ATV Classic E 800W
- MotoLand Big Wheel ATV E005 1000W
- MOTAX X-16 800W
- The best petrol powered ATVs for kids
- MOTAX Grizlik-7 125
- Avantis Hunter 8+
- ATV Classic 8+
- MOTAX ATV MIKRO (A-07) 110 cc +
- ATV Classic 6 110cc
- ATV Classic mini
- Motax X-16
- ATV H4-mini
How to choose a children's ATV
Let's figure out how to choose a kids buggy on four wheels. When buying, pay attention to the following parameters:
- Child's age. First of all, the ATV is selected according to the height of the young rider. Your feet should be able to reach the stands with confidence, and your knees should not protrude much above the steering wheel. ATVs are produced with an indication of the estimated age of the child from 3 to 8 years old, or 8-12 years old, etc.
- Speed limit function. An important factor that allows parents to set the 7-10 km / h limit so that the young rider first learns to maneuver, brake and enter corners. This will protect the vehicle and the driver from accidental injury due to inexperience. When there is confidence behind the wheel, then you can remove such a limit.
- Power and top speed. Low-power models (3.5 hp) are only suitable for riding on asphalt or unpaved tracks at a speed of 20-40 km / h. More powerful versions (7-12 hp) allow the ATV to be used on grass, sand and other soft surfaces, as well as to reach high speeds up to 65 km / h. If the operation of the all-terrain vehicle is in the countryside (summer cottage, house of grandparents), then it is better to give preference to more high-torque vehicles of 125-149 cm³ or 1300 W.
- Number of seats. There are models for one or two children, which affects the ability to ride someone and have more fun. But two-seater ATVs are a little longer, so more space will be needed in the trailer or trunk of the car to transport them.
- Bumper protection. Young riders often crash into fences, trees or high curbs, so metal arcs protect the motorcycle from damage to the skin.
- Front and rear lights. If you intend to ride in the dark (for example, it gets dark early in winter), then it is practical to choose an ATV with headlights. The presence of a rear brake light is important for safety on cycle paths where there are other road users.
- The presence of the luggage area. Children tend to imitate adults by copying their activities. The presence of a trunk will allow the child to provide all possible assistance when working in the garden (to carry equipment, crops, containers with water) or when traveling for shopping.
- We do not consider front and rear suspension travel, lug development and tire diameter as key factors, since a child will not use a motorcycle in the same way as an adult. But the type of engine is another essential criterion for choosing a children's ATV. We divided our review according to its varieties.
Rating of the best children's ATVs
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Kids Electric ATVs||1||MOTAX GEKKON 1300W||RUB 49,990|
|2||ATV Classic E 800W||RUB 32,990|
|3||MotoLand Big Wheel ATV E005 1000W||RUB 13,990|
|4||MOTAX X-16 800W||RUB 23,990|
|The best petrol powered ATVs for kids||1||MOTAX Grizlik-7 125||RUB 69,990|
|2||Avantis Hunter 8+||RUB 65 691|
|3||ATV Classic 8+||RUB 57,590|
|4||MOTAX ATV MIKRO (A-07) 110 cc +||RUB 55,990|
|5||ATV Classic 6 110cc||RUB 44 091|
|6||ATV Classic mini||RUB 30,150|
|7||Motax X-16||RUB 33 490|
|8||ATV H4-mini||RUB 23,990|
Best Kids Electric ATVs
The electric motor is silent, does not emit combustion products into the atmosphere and is safer. You can ride it even indoors (gyms, pavilions). When choosing a children's ATV with such a power unit, an important parameter is the autonomy time, which varies from 1 to 4 hours. But when the battery is discharged, you have to wait 6-12 hours for charging.
MOTAX GEKKON 1300W
The 2019 children's ATV lives up to its name 'Gecko'. The ATV is made with green stripes and has rims in the same color. The steering rods are also painted green for a more organic feel. The children's electric model comes with a 1300 W motor and can reach speeds of up to 38 km / h. The drive here is rear. The device is single. There is a metal loop at the back for attaching luggage (toys, inventory, purchases). To prevent the rider from crashing the children's equipment, an arc is made in front to protect the bumper. Front and rear disc brakes are responsible for safe handling. Parents like the three speed limiting modes in reviews.
Our experts have singled out the ATV as one of the most powerful in the category of children's electric units. 1300 watts assists in passing sand, mud and tall grass with confidence. The user does not have to push him up a steep hill – he will scrape everywhere himself.
- small metal loop for securing the load;
- wide leg supports;
- mileage on one charge up to 25 km;
- good night illumination from head optics;
- there is front protection.
- dirt flies heavily on the sides of the wheels;
- the cost is higher than that of other models;
- weighs 68 kg, so it is difficult to transport to the dacha.
ATV Classic E 800W
Children's electric all-terrain vehicle with a brutal look. Externally copies the exterior of American-made Can-Am type adult models. The design is distinguished by two headlights and a powerful bumper with roll-over bars. The single ATV is equipped with wide footrests with scalloped bumpers. The electric motor is powered by a 36 V battery with a capacity of 12 A / h. The children's buggy is rear-wheel drive and is equipped with an automatic reverse and variator. Transmission control is as simple as possible, even for girls who do not like technology. Parents in reviews like the remote control function, which helps to urgently turn off the motor at a distance of up to 100 m.
This children's model is notable for the presence of spacious luggage racks in the front and rear. The compartments are fenced off with metal boots, so the load will not fall even without a rope fastening. The maximum carrying capacity is 75 kg, therefore, with a child weighing 40-50 kg, there is a sufficient reserve for luggage.
- powerful protection of the front part of the body;
- two separate headlights;
- copies 'adult' models;
- wide leg supports.
- no power steering;
- for one rider only.
MotoLand Big Wheel ATV E005 1000W
This children's motorcycle is designed for the driver's age from 3 to 6 years. The ATV is equipped with a 1000 W electric motor and a three-speed gearbox. There is a reverse gear, so you don't have to turn around to get out of tight spaces. The maximum speed on the baby unit is up to 35 km / h. The set includes three 12 V batteries with a total capacity of 12 A / h. For braking, there are two braces on the handlebars that use the disc system. The maximum load on the structure is allowed up to 90 kg. Parents in reviews like the presence of a red reflector at the back, so the ATV will be visible to others in the dark (cyclists, hoverboard and segway drivers).
Our experts have found this ATV to be the best for girls. It has a pink seat, a bright colored body and a soft red steering wheel pad. On it, the young racer will not look like a boy, but will be able to immediately position herself as a lady at the wheel.
- two luggage compartments;
- wide footrests;
- protection of the front part of the body;
- dual headlights.
- there is almost no rear suspension.
MOTAX X-16 800W
This category is completed by an electric-type children's device with a motor power of 800 W and a power supply of 36V. For this, there are three batteries located at the bottom of the frame. The model looks like an adult, but with reduced dimensions. The front suspension with shock absorbers tolerates holes well. At the rear, there is a pendulum suspension for increased comfort when driving with a load. The seat is upholstered in artificial leather. The disc brakes are mounted on the steering wheel. The variator allows the ATV to accelerate to a speed of 30 km / h. Parental control functions include: remote engine start and shutdown, alarm, speed limit with three modes. The ATV is suitable for children 4-12 years old and can carry up to 60 kg. The front optics are not a dummy, but actually working lighting with incandescent lamps.
In our opinion, this is the best children's model in terms of battery charging speed. The battery capacity is fully restored in 5 hours. After that, you can drive up to 30 km on a single charge.
- soft pad on the rudder bar;
- parental control panel;
- two brakes;
- spacious luggage racks;
- front body protection.
- no rear reflectors;
- the wheels throw dirt onto the body.
The best petrol powered ATVs for kids
The internal combustion engine on children's equipment requires more attention and maintenance (changing oil, candles, belts). It is also noisier and produces exhaust fumes. You can only ride it outdoors. But such a unit is as similar as possible in structure to adult devices and will help a child learn to take care of them from an early age.
MOTAX Grizlik-7 125
Motax offers an ATV for children with an engine capacity of 125 cc and 10 hp. The buggy is made with a red tubular frame (wall thickness 2.5 mm – reinforced version), has four shock absorbers and high fenders to protect the driver from flying out dirt. There are iron luggage racks in front and behind. The front part of the body is reliably protected by a metal frame with plastic sheathing to cushion the impact in a collision. The fuel tank holds 3.5 liters of gasoline. The electric starter makes starting the engine easier. In the reviews, all teenagers are satisfied with a maximum speed of 65 km / h, which allows them to travel long distances in a short time.
Experts have singled out this ATV as the best for 16 year olds. On it you can not only drive around the yard, but also go to the road. The presence of side rear-view mirrors increases driving safety when maneuvering in traffic. The children's model is equipped with LED headlights, brake light and horn, making it a complete vehicle.
- electric starter;
- high speed 65 km / h;
- roomy trunk;
- withstands loads up to 160 kg.
- due to the high speed, it is only suitable for responsible children;
- full equipment is required (helmet, elbow and knee protection).
Avantis Hunter 8+
Children's novelty 2019. Equipped with a single cylinder 4 stroke carburetor engine. The internal combustion engine produces 10 hp. The children's device operates from AI-92 gasoline stored in a metal tank with a capacity of 3.5 liters. The volume of the motor is 124 cm³. Starting is carried out by an electric starter. The set already includes a 12 V battery. Air cooling is provided. The maximum speed is possible up to 60 km / h. Automatic transmission simplifies handling. There is a reverse for reversing.
The ATV is characterized by increased cross-country ability due to setting the tires on 8-inch rims. The diameter of the tire itself is 18 inches at the front and 19 at the rear. This allows the child's ATV to overcome small branches, stones and curbs. The manufacturer also equipped the sidewalls of the rims with additional rims that protect the tires from side cuts or jumping off. Parents like it in reviews and helps save on rubber.
- powerful tires for off-road driving;
- maximum speed 60 km / h;
- permitted load up to 150 kg;
- 4-stroke motor.
- high price;
- the carburetor needs periodic cleaning.
ATV Classic 8+
Another petrol model for children, designed for a child from 8 years old. The ATV is available in two body colors – black and yellow. A single seat with artificial leather trim is provided. The motor has 125 cm³ and produces 10 hp. Two LED headlights illuminate the road brightly at night. The suspension system uses two front and one rear shock absorbers for a smoother ride. The engine start here is push-button from the electric starter. 4-stroke operation gives increased stability, reduces noise and fuel consumption. The front brakes are drum-type and protected from moisture, which customers like in reviews. But in the basic configuration, there are no mirrors and a speedometer.
The ATV has a very cool look due to the presence of two stainless steel exhaust pipes. The forked muffler enhances the brutality and sportier design of the vehicle. It also helps to reduce engine noise.
- active brake light;
- three shock absorbers in the suspension system;
- huge baggage areas;
- alloy steel wheel axles.
- high price;
- no side mirrors.
MOTAX ATV MIKRO (A-07) 110 cc +
Children's motor vehicles with a 110 cm³ engine are available in two color options with yellow or green camouflage. The ATV has a fenced back deck and a bumper guard in the form of tubular steel bars. If desired, the trunk can be unfastened. The suspension has three shock absorbers, and the chassis is designed with a rear chain drive. In the reviews, parents praise the ATV for its beadlocks, which protect the wheels in a collision and prevent the tires from flying off during the turn. For reversing at dusk, a white light comes on. Braking system of the combined type with manual and foot drive.
Children's motor vehicles are notable for the presence of a speedometer and protective pads on the handles in the basic version. This helps control movement speed and prevents branches from scratching your hands. The ATV also provides a better forward view of the road due to the sloping part of the body. This allows you to drive neatly over a bridge or muddy area.
- two color options;
- side cut protection of tires;
- protective pads on the handles;
- metal arches on the bumper.
- no trunk in front;
- there is no active brake light;
ATV Classic 6 110cc
The child buggy with a 110 cm³ engine is of the sport type and therefore does not include a front rack. There is a small platform at the back to accommodate the bag. The ATV is designed for preschool children and provides a safe landing for a young driver. This is facilitated by the ergonomic seat and anti-slip pads on the footrests. The engine is started by an electric starter and electronic ignition. Internal combustion engine power 7 HP ideal for safe riding with a breeze. In reviews, this device is recommended as the first children's ATV.
Experts recognized the ATV as the best in the richness of colors. The child's ATV is available in green, blue or black. There is also an upgraded air cooling system with an increased number of perforations in the front. Another advantage of the kid's model is a completely closed cover on the top, which allows you to ride even in rainy weather.
- good view of the road for the driver;
- raised foot projections on the court;
- protective arches on the bumper;
- improved air cooling system of the engine.
- there is no trunk in front;
- tires without beadlocks;
- no hand protection;
- rear rack without restrictive sides.
ATV Classic mini
Children's mini ATV with a 49 cm³ engine is designed for a child's age from 3 to 8 years. It has lowered wheels with 6-inch rims, so it will be comfortable for the little rider to sit down. A padded handlebar webbing protects the face and chest from collision injury. The front of the body is provided with serious bumper protection in the form of two vertical struts. The utilitarian design is equipped with two railed luggage racks. Despite the budget price, the transmission is automatic. Buyers in the reviews like that this model is often sold with a helmet as a gift.
Our experts have classified the children's ATV in the category of the best due to the optimal ratio of engine size and power. With a cylinder indicator of 49 cm³, the device produces 3.5 hp, reaching speeds of up to 45 km / h. This became possible due to the two-stroke principle of operation.
- economical fuel consumption;
- Automatic transmission;
- forced air cooling;
- maximum speed 45 km / h.
- very short seat;
- loud operation of the internal combustion engine;
- fuel tank of only 1 liter;
- you will need to mix oil with gasoline in a ratio of 1:25.
Children's utility model, suitable for ages 3-9 years old. The volume of the internal combustion engine is 49 cm³. An automatic transmission is responsible for the transmission. The ATV is equipped with 6-inch off-road tires. The engine is started by the 'Start-Stop' button. The volume of the muffler is reduced by 30% compared to other versions due to the complex configuration with additional cameras. The maximum load on a children's ATV is allowed up to 60 kg, so it is suitable even for plump users. This strength is ensured by the tubular profile frame. Parents in the reviews love that the speed of the ATV can be limited by special adjustments.
This ATV for kids belongs to the super light utility category. Its weight is 40 kg, which makes it easier to transport it to the dacha or to another place of racing. The lighter weight results in longer shock absorber life.
- LED headlights;
- Automatic transmission;
- solid steel frame made of profile;
- disc brakes.
- no rear-view mirrors;
- there are no protective pads on the steering wheel;
- you need to mix oil with gasoline.
Completing the category of ATVs with a gasoline engine is the model from ATV – H4 mini. It is intended for children from 3 to 8 years old and belongs to the sports class. The vehicle has no storage space and is lightweight as possible. The braking system is implemented with separate discs for each front wheel and a single one for the rear axle. The engine displacement is 49 cm³ and operates in a two-stroke scheme. It is very convenient for small riders to get on the ATV due to the diameter of the 4-inch wheels. In the reviews, buyers like that the wings here do not perform a decorative function, but really protect the driver from dirt flying out from under the wheels.
Our experts considered the ATV to be the best for the price. Its cost is one of the most affordable in the category of children's motorcycles. Despite the budget, the unit has an electric starter with a push-button start system and reliable disc brakes. There is also a dry-charged battery that does not require maintenance. The automatic transmission requires no action from the rider.
- bumper protection;
- the wings cover the wheels well;
- disc brakes;
- reflector at the back.
- the motor and electrical part are not protected from precipitation;
- there are no headlights;
- no trunk at all.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.