Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Despite all the objective severity of Russian winters, summer heat in the middle latitudes is far from rare. And if there is no air conditioning in the house, a household fan can serve as a 'cheap and cheerful' compromise. Despite the seeming simplicity and simplicity, fans can vary greatly in quality, ease of use, functionality and, of course, price. As a result of careful monitoring of the market, experts have identified 12 models, which we will consider in this review.
- Which company fan to buy
- Rating of the best fans for home
- Best inexpensive floor fans
- Scarlett SC-1370
- Maxwell MW-3508
- Lumme LU-105
- The best floor standing fans with remote control
- VITEK VT-1909 CH
- Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence
- Bimatek SF 302
- Best Radial Floor Fans
- VITEK VT-1933
- AEG T-VL 5537
- Best Bladeless Fan
- Dyson AM06 25
- Best Desktop Fans
- BORK P510
- Timberk TEF T12 TH3
- Ves VD-302
- Which home fan to choose
Which company fan to buy
First, let's figure out the brands, manufacturers and the 'birthplace' of the technology of a particular brand, since the combination of all these factors will already tell you a lot about the technology itself and the validity of pricing.
- Tefal is a very well-known French brand on the Russian market. Under this name, high-quality dishes, household appliances and accessories are produced. Production is established in France itself, China and even partly in the Russian Federation.
- AEG is a brand with more than a century of history. Initially it was a 100% German company (Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft), but in the second half of the last century, as a result of mergers and acquisitions, AEG became owned by two large holdings at once – the Swedish Electrolux Group and the German Clatronic Group. Specifically, the fans are produced by ETV. Manufacturing facilities are scattered all over the world, but everything supplied to Russia is made in China.
- Timberk is an international group of companies headquartered in Israel. There are also branches in China (separately in Hong Kong), Russia and Finland. The holding's production bases are located in many countries of the world, including Russia.
- Dyson is a very unusual brand, as it is not the brainchild of multinational corporations, but belongs to one and only person – the British inventor James Dyson. The company specializes in fans, hair dryers, dryers and vacuum cleaners with a non-standard operating principle. The products have won numerous international awards. The goods are manufactured in Malaysia.
- LUMME is a Russian trade mark owned by Stingray (St. Petersburg). It is a manufacturer of inexpensive dishes and small household appliances. Products are supplied to Russia and the CIS countries.
- BIMATEK is the first private label of the Technopark retail chain, namely, its founder Maxim Biryulin. The name of the label itself is made up of the confusion of the words 'Biryulin-Maxim-Technika'. Initially, the products were positioned as a budget segment, then it was decided to slightly raise the status, closer to the middle segment. Manufactured in China.
- BORK is a very well-known Russian trade mark that has long been considered an outspoken 'werewolf brand' because of its German style. But, oddly enough, for many years the BORK equipment has generally deserved only positive reviews, and is now positioned as a premium class. It belongs to the same Technopark. The fans are manufactured in Vietnam by OEM / ODM manufacturers.
- VES is a Russian brand of inexpensive household appliances. Also under this brand is produced equipment for health and beauty. The label is not remarkable for anything exceptional, only a good combination of an affordable price and acceptable quality. Manufactured in China.
- Maxwell is a widespread and well-known Russian trade mark. Belongs to the Golder Electronics group of companies. The same holding owns the VITEK trade mark, the most widespread (research by Gallup Media) in Russia. Refers to the lower price category. Manufactured in China.
- SCARLETT is another Russian brand that has long since taken root in the minds of our compatriots. In 2012, the manufacturing company received the 'Product of the Year' award specifically for the fans. Products are manufactured at Chinese factories on a contract basis.
Rating of the best fans for home
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best inexpensive floor fans||1||Scarlett SC-1370||630 RUB|
|2||Maxwell MW-3508||1800 RUB.|
|3||Lumme LU-105||1239 RUB|
|Best Outdoor Remote Control Fans||1||VITEK VT-1909 CH||2555 RUB|
|2||Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence||5289 RUB.|
|3||Bimatek SF 302||3289 RUB.|
|Best Radial Floor Fans||1||VITEK VT-1933||4919 RUB.|
|2||AEG T-VL 5537||6979 RUB.|
|Best Bladeless Fan||1||Dyson AM06 25||22 990 RUB.|
|Best Desktop Fans||1||BORK P510||4810 RUB.|
|2||Timberk TEF T12 TH3||1690 RUB.|
|3||Ves VD-302||704 RUB|
Best inexpensive floor fans
Let's go directly to the rating, and start with what the average consumer is most interested in, according to the conclusions of our experts. We are talking about the most inexpensive indoor floor fans. In this category, experts have identified three optimal models: Scarlett SC-1370, Maxwell MW-3508 and Lumme LU-105. All of them are equipped with an axial working mechanism. These are the most ascetic models with a minimum of options.
This model copes very well with its immediate responsibilities (creating an air strike), moreover, it consumes only 35 watts of electricity. The functions of rotation within 90 degrees and tilt within 30 degrees are realized structurally and mechanically.
The diameter of the 'span' of the blades is 30 cm, the tripod is easily adjustable in height. Scarlett SC-1370 dimensions are 35x100x21 cm, and weight – 1.95 kg.
According to user reviews, this model, being assembled and in working order, effectively blows, stands firmly on the crosspiece, does not stagger or emit extraneous sounds. But certain problems are observed at the assembly stage. Another disadvantage that many people point out is that the maximum height is only 1 meter.
Prices: 994 – 2090 rubles.
- well thought out turns and inclines;
- effective airflow;
- solid assembly;
- quality of plastic molding;
- the design is not friendly to the collector;
- height is only 1 meter;
The Maxwell MW-3508 fan is slightly more powerful than the previous model – 45 W, and this is already reflected in the presence of three airflow modes at once. The maximum is really impressive with an air strike. But here a problem immediately looms – a noticeable annoying noise. In addition, the weakest mode turns out to be not so weak for most users, and buyers are unanimous in the opinion that the minimum mode should be two times weaker.
The diameter of the blades of this model is also slightly larger than that of the Scarlett SC-1370 – 40 cm. The angle of rotation is 90 degrees. The fan is easily height adjustable.
In general, the unit is slightly more high-tech than models of a similar class thanks to electronic control via a remote control, the presence of a timer, thermometer and display.
The design itself looks and feels pretty solid, and weighs as much as 4 kg. But this is where the engineering flaw is hidden. Due to the lack of space for mounting the rod and the large weight of the fan case itself (in relation to the rack), part of the case retainer breaks rather quickly. There is no way to fix the fan case itself on the rod. There are also difficulties in assembly – it is very difficult to fix the protective grill, it will require the concerted actions of two people.
Prices: 1795 – 2390 rubles.
- Remote Control;
- timer up to 8 hours.
- powerful (3 speeds);
- stable legs;
- Beautiful design;
- frequent complaints about cracking of the case;
- the minimum mode is too powerful;
- build quality and materials;
- the radio is of very poor quality and its very expediency is questionable;
- relatively noisy;
Lumme LU-105 is the most inexpensive fan option among the working models. Affordable price is the first thing that buyers mark as a plus.
Otherwise, this model looks pretty good too. Power consumption of 45 W provides three speed modes (step adjustment). There are tilt and swivel functions. The maximum swing angle is the 'usual' 90 degrees.
The diameter of the blades of the Lumme LU-105 is 40 cm, and the height of the mechanism is adjustable up to 1.25 meters.
In general, users hardly complain about this model, but the too 'delicate' legs, where the manufacturer clearly saved a lot on metal, cause complaints. Also, many people do not like the wobbly fastening of the protective casing. But the Lumme LU-105 provides excellent airflow with acceptable noise, and that's the main thing.
Prices: 918 – 990 rubles.
- high-quality airflow;
- affordable price;
- 3 speeds;
- flimsy fasteners of the front of the protective casing;
- too thin and soft metal legs.
The best floor standing fans with remote control
Now let's move on to the top three fan models, in which remote control is a prerequisite. Our experts considered the French Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence and Russian VITEK VT-1909 CH and Bimatek SF 302 the most worthy options.
VITEK VT-1909 CH
The VITEK VT-1909 CH fan with an axial operating mechanism consumes 60 W of electricity. This is noticeably more than even the most 'gluttonous' budget models described above. However, such power consumption is quite understandable – the fan creates an impressive air blow – as much as 6 meters. True, some particularly picky users argue that this figure is somewhat overestimated. Even so, the embellishment isn't overly dramatic.
This model has rather large blades – 42 cm in diameter, all the necessary turns and tilts are implemented. Three speed options can be selected with step adjustment. The control itself is electronic, it can be carried out by means of a remote control. High-tech 'amenities' include a 7.5-hour timer.
Many buyers are very positive about the pulse mode, which has proven to be comfortable for most. Unlike the three budget models, VITEK VT-1909 CH did not meet with any complaints about the complexity of the assembly.
Prices: 2542 – 3390 rubles.
- touch control;
- stylish design – metallic;
- ease of assembly;
- pulse mode;
- relatively quiet;
- weak metal of the support cross – with constant operation of the pivot function, it is deformed for several months;
- turns from left to right and back are not controlled from the remote control.
Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence
The Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence fan is a good example of technology to which the word 'consumer goods' is completely inapplicable. The very first minutes of interaction are enough to acknowledge the high build quality and the materials themselves. Almost all buyers are unanimous in this.
The unit is powerful enough – as much as 70 watts, and this consumption is due to the need to provide enhanced Turbo Boost. And here there is some ambiguity about the noise of this model. The opinions of users were divided into completely polar ones: some argue that the fan is exhausting noise, others assure that it is “almost inaudible.” To exclude subjectivity, our experts pay attention to the characteristics declared by the manufacturer itself – 50 decibels. This, of course, is not the sound of a siren, but it is by no means a 'rustle of leaves', as particularly poetic users can write in reviews. By comparison, this is roughly the noise level of a typewriter or a clear conversation in a room between two people. And the upper limit of the norm for class A office premises according to European standards is 55 decibels. Here you need to draw conclusions yourself.
The rest of the fan is solid, reliable and durable. All turning functions are present, although they are regulated only mechanically, and not from the remote control. Provided with a manufacturer's warranty for a period of 2 years.
Prices: 4880 – 6999 rubles.
- exceptionally high build quality and materials;
- attractive design;
- famous brand;
- ambiguous situation with the noise level;
- bright diodes do not turn off – discomfort at night;
- the rotation function is not adjustable from the remote control;
Bimatek SF 302
The Bimatek SF 302 fan of the Russian brand and Chinese assembly is a very controversial model, since it has serious drawbacks, but no less serious advantages force us to include it in the review.
Let's start with the main thing – in this model, the 'head' rotation is controlled from the remote control. That is, this model does not 'get sick' by what is characteristic of the two previous solutions, in which the remote control is useless for this purpose. This is a big plus that many buyers say.
What is also good is an air blow at an honest 5 meters, which is provided by blades of 40 cm in diameter and a power consumption of 50 watts. There are three speeds, and I must say that the Bimatek SF 302 has the same problem as the budget model Maxwell MW-3508 – the minimum mode is too strong. Users describe the problem with the words 'I would like one more division down'. And here it is difficult to doubt bias, since there are really a lot of such reviews.
I am pleased with the presence of a timer with a delayed shutdown and an air flow distribution function. There is height adjustment, it works reliably. The whole structure weighs as much as 5 kg and has dimensions of 64.5x150x50 cm.
It is also impossible not to note the rather dubious quality of materials and careless assembly, which in total has a very sad effect on durability. Considering the tangible shortcomings, we can say that the price of the model is significantly overpriced.
Prices: 3289 – 3990 rubles.
- elegant design;
- Nature and Sleep modes;
- full control with remote control, even by turning the head;
- powerful airflow;
- too strong minimum mode;
- general low quality of materials and workmanship;
- flimsy support cross;
Best Radial Floor Fans
Now let's consider two models of fans based on a different technological principle. Here you will not see blades like those of the 'carlsons' described above. Instead, the air flow is generated by centrifugal force from the rotation of the inner rotor. Consider two interesting models: VITEK VT-1933 and AEG T-VL 5537.
The VITEK VT-1933 radial fan is a product of a Russian brand and a Chinese assembly. Made in a columnar form factor with floor standing.
The device is distinguished by its exceptional power and corresponding energy consumption – as much as 120 W, which is on average twice as much as all the previous models described.
The function of turning the air stream with an angle of 90 degrees has been implemented. Equipped with a timer with a shutdown delay of 8 hours and a remote control. The latter works perfectly in tandem with the signal receiver – users note the 'finishing off' the signal at long distances, from neighboring rooms and from the balcony through the window.
A total of three speeds are available with step adjustment, and here users have already complained about loud noise when choosing the maximum speed. However, other users have noticed that redirecting the jet upwards completely solves the problem.
Another obvious drawback is the low quality of plastic, as well as not the most outstanding fit of the body parts. The monoblock form factor does not allow adjusting the flow level in height.
Prices: 4834 – 6490 rubles.
- stylish design;
- highly sensitive receiver for the remote control;
- convenient form factor for storage and placement;
- very powerful;
- remote control and timer;
- very noisy at high speeds;
- poor build quality and body materials.
AEG T-VL 5537
German centrifugal fan AEG T-VL 5537 column type with floor installation is made in China. Users unanimously appreciate the stylish hi-tech design, although they notice that the metal parts of the case perform exclusively a decorative function.
The device is quite economical – the power consumption is only 40 W. The jet rotation function has been implemented. The angle is small – 75 degrees, but for a radial fan it is quite good. Three rotor speeds with step regulation. There is a timer with a shutdown delay of up to 8 hours and a remote control. The dimensions of the device are 32x120x32 cm.
Users also appreciate this model for its compactness – it can be placed in any corner, even with a lack of free space. The AEG T-VL 5537 also features low noise. The manufacturer claims 25 decibels, and from customer reviews it can be judged that the characteristic is quite fair.
Prices: 6399 – 9790 rubles.
- exceptional futuristic high-tech design;
- minimal noise;
- the remote control works in a narrow range of 20-30 degrees.
Best Bladeless Fan
Now let's pay attention to such a miracle of technology as a bladeless fan. In this category, our experts have identified only one worthy model. Despite the price, which is absolutely unaffordable for many, Dyson AM06 25 is definitely worthy of respect.
Dyson AM06 25
The fan of the British trade mark Dyson AM06 25 is produced in Vietnam. This is a high-tech device, which, in addition to the most non-standard operating principle, is also interesting for additional functions and capabilities.
The fan is positioned by the manufacturer itself as a desktop fan, but the air blow of 'honest' 3 meters suggests that it can serve a small room. And this is confirmed by the users themselves.
This model has a 70 degree swivel and tilt function. There is a timer with a sleep mode for as much as 9 hours. There are as many as 10 speed options, and with smooth adjustment. Electronic control, the set comes with a remote control with a built-in magnet for easy storage. There is no height adjustment, but for a tabletop model it is actually not needed – it is compensated by an inclination.
The dimensions of the device are 55.2×30.6×10 cm, and the weight is 1.8 kg. The diameter of the head part is 25 cm. The fan is quite energy efficient – it consumes only 26 W, while the air flow power is more than decent – 320 l / sec.
Against the background of all this splendor, a rather high noise level is a little upsetting – 56 dB. As for the price, it is already very frustrating. Dyson AM06 25 – this is definitely the type of technology about which the owners are not ashamed to say the phrase: 'I can afford it'.
Prices: 22990 rub.
- remote control;
- futuristic design and operating principle;
- high power like a desktop solution;
- smooth speed control;
- many fine settings;
- prohibitive price.
Best Desktop Fans
From the desktop model Dyson AM06 25, we are smoothly moving on to a whole three compact fans for the workplace. Here the specialists liked the BORK P510, Timberk TEF T12 TH3 and Ves VD-302 models.
The BORK P510 fan with an axial operating mechanism produces an air blow at a distance of 2 meters at a very modest power consumption of 14 W. The efficiency of the airflow is added by the planetary rotation of the blades.
This model, like most of the equipment of the Russian brand BORK, is distinguished by its exceptional build quality – this is recognized by almost all users. The stainless steel metal case already inspires confidence, plus the pleasant weight adds stability to the device. Its dimensions are 16.5x22x22.5 cm.
The BORK P510 has two blade speeds. The adjustment is carried out mechanically. The diameter of the blades is 15 cm, the tilt function is supported.
The good user experience of the planetary rotation of the blades is somewhat overshadowed by frequent complaints about the extraneous sounds that the mechanism makes when changing the rotation angles. The problem is not encountered by everyone, but it is not an isolated case, which indicates a likely engineering flaw.
This model is covered by a 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
- build quality and material;
- planetary rotation of the electric motor together with the blades;
- metal case;
- questionable quality of the mechanism of the planetary system.
Timberk TEF T12 TH3
The Timberk TEF T12 TH3 fan stands out from other tabletop models with its special 'airy' design. Last but not least, the lack of a protective grid plays here. And there is no it due to the safety of the blades themselves – they are made of soft material. This ingenious solution automatically creates safety for children. The set includes blades of different colors (gray, orange, blue). The device weighs 2.6 kg.
Another notable quality of this model is the ability to work independently without a network connection. Independent work time is up to two hours. Power consumption is minimal – only 15 watts.
The fan supports 90 degree rotation. You can switch between two blade speeds. The control is carried out mechanically. Rotation can be stopped with one touch (Finger Touch technology).
Prices: 1690 – 3175 rubles.
- almost silent work;
- pleasant appearance;
- high-quality assembly;
- soft blades;
- there are no pronounced shortcomings.
The Ves VD-302 desktop paddle fan, according to the manufacturers, is capable of efficiently serving an area of up to 5 sq. meters. Implemented auto-rotate function and tilt angle adjustment. The diameter of the blades is 35 cm. Operation by means of mechanical buttons. The device weighs 2 kg.
This model provides three speeds of rotation of the blades, but users notice that between the 2nd and 3rd speed the difference is minimal. But there is an obvious plus – very quiet operation even at maximum power.
Of the minuses, we can also mention the noticeably low quality of the plastic case. This is typical of the Ves technique, which is openly positioned as cheap. Also, many users found the 1.2 meter power cord too short.
Prices: 990 – 2020 rub.
- quiet work;
- stable base;
- cheap plastic;
- the difference between 2 and 3 speeds is practically not noticeable;
- short power cord;
Which home fan to choose
Now we summarize the conclusions of our experts, observations of real users and the official characteristics declared by manufacturers.
- Of the most budgetary floor fans, Scarlett SC-1370 and Lumme LU-105 are approximately equal, with the only difference that Scarlett will be significantly more expensive. The Maxwell MW-3508 isn't easy. On the one hand, there is a big advantage – the remote control. But on the other hand, there are too many complaints that the structure is literally 'falling apart before our eyes'.
- Of the three models with remote controls, Tefal VF5550F0 Turbo Silence is definitely in first place, even though this model is much more expensive than the other two. The reliability and build quality are on par here. The only thing is that when buying, you will need to personally make sure that the noise level is acceptable in different modes. If the minimum price is still important, then VITEK VT-1909 CH is perfect. This model has drawbacks, but it is at least twice cheaper.
- Of the two presented models of radial fans, we can recommend VITEK VT-1933 if maximum power is critical to you. But be prepared for a noticeable noise. If, on the contrary, noise is very undesirable, take the AEG T-VL 5537. But if you plan to install a fan in the far corner, then VITEK VT-1933 is still better due to the excellent interaction of the remote control and the receiver. AEG T-VL 5537 is much weaker in this regard.
- As for the Dyson AM06 25 bladeless fan, comments are unnecessary here. Of course, this is an excellent example of high-quality, useful, high-tech equipment. But not everyone will be willing to shell out that amount for a desktop fan.
- If you still need a desktop fan, we recommend taking a closer look at the BORK P510 model. It is a powerful, reliable device with all the necessary functions without unnecessary frills. For true aesthetes, Timberk TEF T12 TH3 is suitable – a beautiful, original and fully functional model. Ves VD-302 is only suitable if you want to save some money. Otherwise, this model is significantly inferior to the other two.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.