Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The playpen has long become a necessity. When the baby grows up, he begins to actively move around the apartment, showing interest in everything that he finds in the room. To prevent the child from getting hurt, it is necessary to equip a safe play space. This is where the playpen will help parents. When the baby is inside it, mom or dad can quietly leave, doing everyday household chores.
Even an expert may not choose the right arena, the main thing is to know what you should pay attention to in the first place, and proceed from your own preferences. There are many varieties of arenas on the market that differ from one another. The following are popular, and are also considered the main types: crib playpens, folding structures, screen playpens and inflatable products. Each variety has its own advantages.
Our experts studied user reviews, took into account the recommendations of pediatricians, child psychologists, and also conducted a thorough analysis of the playpens available for sale. Based on this, a rating was made, which included the 11 best arenas.
- What to look for when choosing a playpen for a child
- Rating of the best playpens for children
- The best arena-screens for children
- Safe and Care
- Lindam playpen metal
- Edu-play BR-7317PCT
- The best crib playpens
- 4moms Breeze
- Geuther Octo-Parc
- Joovy room
- The best folding playpens for kids
- Chicco Lullaby Baby
- Asalvo Travel Cot Mix Plus
- Hauck Babycenter
- Chicco open
- Best inflatable arena
- Bestway 52221
What to look for when choosing a playpen for a child
- Kinds. Screen arenas are often composite. They can be assembled into a single structure or disassembled by fencing off separate places such as a fireplace, stairs, a passage to the kitchen, etc. Such products are without a bottom, but some manufacturers complete them with a mattress. Playpens-beds are suitable for the little ones, because they can not only play, but also sleep. Such designs are considered multifunctional, but they are more expensive than simple models. A removable bed in the arena-bed is located on the second tier, and on the first there is a playground. Many advanced models have a changing table, shelves / pockets for things, educational toys. Inflatable arenas are quite budgetary and are great for outdoor use or summer cottages. Foldable playpens are designed to save space, as they can be easily folded in and out when not in use.
- Manufacturing materials. Choose environmentally friendly products that will not affect your baby's health. This applies not only to basic materials, but also to additional ones: paint, if it is applied to the surface, toys, shelves, pockets for small items, etc. Most often, playpens made of wood, plastic, fabrics with mesh and oilcloth are found on sale.
- The form. Corner arenas are great space savers, so they are suitable for small spaces. Round, oval, rectangular and square are the most common, but take up a lot of space, although for the baby this is a plus – there is room to turn around during games.
- Adjustable bottom. A very useful function that allows you to lower the level if the child has grown up and can independently get out of the arena.
- Wall height. If the bottom cannot be adjusted, pay attention to the height of the walls, and try to choose a model for growth, so that you do not have to purchase a new arena when the baby grows up.
- Wall decoration. There are two options: wooden rods or mesh. If you choose the first one, then make sure that the width between the rods does not allow the child to get out or get stuck, for example, sticking his head. But even a very narrow one can do harm, since a child's hand or leg will easily get stuck in it. The second option is safer from this point of view.
- Sheathing material. It should be easy to clean and safe. The baby will definitely taste it when the teeth begin to cut.
- Fixation reliability. Refuse to buy an unstable and wobbly playpen so that the baby does not tip it over during active games.
- Colors. Don't choose too bright colors. This will lead to hyperactivity of the child, since a rather large amount of time will be spent in the arena.
Rating of the best playpens for children
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best arena-screens for children||1||Safe and Care||RUB 22,290|
|2||Lindam playpen metal||RUB 21,945|
|3||Edu-play BR-7317PCT||RUB 7,150|
|The best crib playpens||1||4moms Breeze||RUB 20,825|
|2||Geuther Octo-Parc||RUB 17 640|
|3||Joovy room||RUB 16,000|
|The best folding playpens for kids||1||Chicco Lullaby Baby||RUB 13,099|
|2||Asalvo Travel Cot Mix Plus||RUB 8 800|
|3||Hauck Babycenter||RUB 8,116|
|4||Chicco open||RUB 8,790|
|Best inflatable arena||1||Bestway 52221||–|
The best arena-screens for children
Safe and Care
First place in the category is a collapsible model of a Danish arena. The product consists of several sections (6 pcs.), Which are combined into a one-piece structure with a door through which the baby can go in and out. If necessary, the sections can be used separately, fencing off the dangerous space from the child. Users note that it is possible to build a fence of any configuration, giving the crumbs an entire part of the room for games. The playpen is equipped with a soft mattress. A special lock is responsible for safety, which the child cannot open on his own.
- playing space diameter – 124;
- there is an opportunity to purchase additional sections;
- easy to clean;
- does not require tools for assembly and installation;
- double swinging gates;
- made of metal;
- high cost – 22 thousand rubles
Lindam playpen metal
The second line is occupied by a multifunctional arena, which transforms in the same way as the previous model. Consists of 4 sections and doors. It is easy to make a security gate or partition from the sections. It will not be difficult for an adult to open the door with one hand, but the kid cannot cope, since there are special locks with a secret. The product is made of metal, which not every parent will like. On the one hand, the material is strong and durable, on the other hand, the child can hurtfully hit the bars or the upper side. A soft, easy-to-clean mattress is supplied with the playpen. The manufacturer indicates that its top coat is washable.
- maximum length of the fence – 321 cm;
- folds compactly for storage or transportation;
- meets European safety standards;
- suitable for children from six months;
- wall mounts must be purchased separately;
- high cost – 21,500 rubles.
The third position goes to the more budget model, when compared with the previous two. A distinctive feature is the game development panel. On it there is a clock for studying numbers and time, rotating bones, cogwheels that allow the development of fine motor skills. The playpen is made of durable, safe plastic. The shape of the structure is square with rounded corners. The colors are bright, but pastel, so children's eyes will not get tired. Recommended for use from six months. The set includes 6 sections and a door panel with a pattern in the form of a bear, as well as a door frame with a lock. A bonus will be a set of stickers to decorate the interior space.
- spacious play area – 116 cm;
- compact when folded;
- easy to assemble and install;
- there are no sharp corners;
- safe hole width;
- stable construction;
- environmentally friendly materials;
- there is no bottom in the form of a soft mattress;
- relatively expensive – 7600 p.
The best crib playpens
The first place is taken by the American-made model, which folds and unfolds with one movement of the hand. When folded it is a small tube, and when opened it is a cradle, a cot, as well as a changing table and playpen. The versatility of the design allows you to save space in the room, since the product includes several items at once that are necessary for the child. The model is intended for children from birth, as there is a suspended cradle. After the baby is older, you can use the portable crib and playpen. Mesh walls allow you not to lose visual contact with the child. A capacious bag is supplied with the product.
- ideal for small spaces;
- the maximum weight for the upper tier is 8 kg.
- maximum weight / height – 16 kg / 90 cm;
- wheels at the base;
- height-adjustable bottom;
- metal-plastic frame;
- high cost – 22 thousand rubles.
The second is the octagonal playpen. Differs in compactness and spaciousness, allowing the kid to play without feeling constrained. Users note that there is enough space in the arena for two children, so the model is suitable for families with more than one child. You can also receive guests with children, they will have a place to spend time. The product is made of wood. Eight castors provide mobility. Thanks to them, the arena can be easily moved anywhere in the apartment. The bottom is height adjustable, fixing in any of the three available positions. It is upholstered in soft and easy-to-clean material. The berth is supplemented with a fabric bumper that protects the baby from drafts. Recommended for use from six months to three years.
- spacious play area – 113 cm;
- maximum weight – up to 24 kg.
- mattress included;
- fixed wheels;
- height-adjustable bottom;
- waterproof bottom cover;
- high cost – 18 thousand rubles.
The third line goes to the American-made arena, which is positioned by the manufacturer as a multifunctional children's center for games, sleeping, storing things and changing. It has two tiers, a changing table and many compartments for all the things a baby needs. A nice bonus will be the presence of a night light and musical accompaniment. The playpen is easy to fold and unfold. The sides are upholstered in durable nylon, which is a proprietary development of the company. The fabric is durable and stain resistant. At the base there are wheels that allow you to move the product. The model is designed for children up to three years old and up to 90 cm tall.
- spacious play area – 100 cm;
- comes with a carrying bag;
- waterproof sheet;
- organizer with 9 sections;
- removable changing table;
- modern stylish design;
- high cost – 16 thousand rubles.
The best folding playpens for kids
Chicco Lullaby Baby
First place in the category goes to a folding playpen, which is distinguished by its practicality and versatility. Includes a wide variety of accessories, such as hanging toys, to keep your little one bored. The model has a sleeping place, so the child can not only play in the arena, but also have a rest. The product can be taken with you, as the manufacturer has equipped it with a carrying bag. The set also includes a changing board, an organizer for storing things you need and a soft mattress. The bottom is adjustable in height, allowing you to choose the required level for the age of the baby. The frame is made of metal and plastic, and the walls are made of textiles. Designed for children from birth to three years old.
- spacious play area – 106 cm;
- maximum weight – up to 14 kg.
- a locking mechanism that fixes the arena when folded;
- night light;
- descending removable side;
- high cost – 16 thousand rubles.
Asalvo Travel Cot Mix Plus
In the second position there is a folding rectangular arena with a soft base, two opaque sides and mesh walls. The double safety lock ensures the stability of the entire structure. The product has two fixed wheels, so that the model can be easily moved to any place. The manufacturer has added a carrying bag to the package, which allows you to transport the playpen when folded. A changing table and a spacious pocket will become indispensable helpers, as they will provide comfort in caring for your baby. The arc with hanging toys will not let the child get bored and will entertain him while the parents are busy.
- spacious play area – 126 cm;
- compact folded dimensions – 23 x 23 x 82 cm.
- the maximum weight of a child is up to 15 kg;
- durable frame made of a combination of plastic and metal;
- side manhole;
- 2 levels;
- relatively expensive – 8800 p.
The third position is occupied by a folding playpen. The included bag allows you to compactly pack the model to take it with you on a trip, for example, to the country house or even on vacation. The bottom is adjustable, locking in any of the two available positions. For babies, a changing table and a toy arc with musical accompaniment are provided. In special pockets you can put everything you need for your baby. The product is designed for ages from birth to three years. A soft two-centimeter mattress will allow the child to spend time comfortably.
- spacious play area – 120 cm;
- several color options;
- maximum weight – up to 15 kg;
- at the base there are 2 wheels with fixation;
- mesh walls;
- sturdy frame;
- relatively expensive – 11 thousand rubles.
The fourth line goes to a folding square arena. The model is an updated version of last year, differs from the previous improved design. The frame is made of durable plastic. The bottom of the product is a developmental children's rug, the pattern of which goes along one of the walls of the arena. The rest of the walls are made of mesh material, so parents can always keep eye contact with the child. There are also rings inside that the baby can hold onto to get up on his own. This will allow him to learn to walk faster. The entrance is closed with a zipper. The arena is designed for ages from birth to four years. The set includes a carrying bag and a soft mattress.
- there is a side access;
- maximum weight – up to 15 kg.
- several colors;
- bright modern design;
- playing space – 94 cm;
- relatively expensive – 9 thousand rubles.
- no bottom height adjustment;
- there are no wheels at the base;
Best inflatable arena
The best in the category is the model designed for babies from one year old. An inflatable arena will be an ideal option for a child to relax in nature or in a country house. It does not require special care, is easy to clean, and takes up little space when deflated. Made of tough and durable vinyl. Mesh fabric is stretched around the circumference. The design is reliable and ergonomic. The product is equipped with safety valves to eliminate the risk of accidental deflation. Hanging toys with musical accompaniment will entertain the baby while the parents are away on business.
- spacious play area – 109 cm;
- budgetary cost – 2 thousand rubles.
- repair patch included;
- not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.