Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The inborn sucking reflex in children fades away only by the age of 1.5-2 years, until that time they actively suck on their mother's breast, bottle, fingers and everything that comes to hand. To safely satisfy the need for sucking, a pacifier is suitable – it will come in handy at home, on the road, in a public place, this small object is able to calm the child and provide a feeling of safety, but only if the child is happy to take the pacifier.
- Rating of the best dusters for newborns
- Best Classic Pacifiers
- Philips Avent Classic SCF195 / 03 0-6 months
- Dr. Brown's Pacifier 0-6 Months
- Philips Avent Night SCF176 / 22, 6-18 months
- Best Anatomical Pacifiers 0-6 Months
- Chicco Physio Comfort 'Squirrel' Silicone 0-6m
- Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 13, 0-6 months
- Dr. Brown's from 0 to 6 months
- Philips Avent Mini SCF151 / 00 baby, 0-2 months
- Best orthodontic pacifiers
- Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 15
- Canpol Babies Machines 6 to 18
- Philips Avent Ultra Soft 6 to 18 months
- Dr. Brown's PreVent Sleep Pacifier 0-6 Months
The sucking part of the pacifier has 3 types:
- Classic in the form of a drop. It is convenient in that it can be given by either side and the twisting of the pacifier in the mouth will not be noticeable externally and tactilely – the protective disk for such is usually round. The disadvantage of the classic drop is the risk of malocclusion due to the absence of the need for muscle tension when sucking.
- Elongated anatomical pacifier with a flat or beveled tip. When it is placed in the mouth, the tongue takes a natural position, accordingly, nothing interferes with the baby, the sucking movements activate the necessary groups of maxillofacial muscles.
- Orthodontic is recognized by dentists and pediatricians as the most 'correct'. It is similar to the anatomical one, but has a more ergonomic shape; when sucking, all key muscles of the mouth and jaw are activated, and the correct bite is formed. The shape of the pacifier can be flat, oblique or voluminous 'cherry', the type is selected taking into account the size of the child's mouth and palate.
In addition to the shape, the differences also lie in the material for making the nipple:
- Latex has been used for manufacturing for more than a dozen years, it is soft, it is suitable for weakened and premature babies – it is closest in tactile properties to the skin and mother's breast. In rare cases, there is a risk of allergy due to the presence of protein in the rubber, the service life of latex pacifiers is limited to one month due to the structural change in the material upon contact with saliva.
- Silicone is absolutely safe, it does not cause allergies, it is allowed to process pacifiers with boiling water. Its difference from rubber is a more rigid structure, therefore it is more difficult to suck a pacifier, the child will need more effort for this. When teething, it is better to refuse silicone – just bite it, change the pacifier at least once every 5-6 weeks.
The choice of a pacifier for babies is not limited to the rationalism of parents, basically it is a process of sorting through different models: there will be no interest at all in some, others will be accepted with a bang. The portal's experts found out which products the babies prefer and made a rating of the 11 best pacifiers. The opinion of parents, dentists, pediatricians was not ignored either.
Rating of the best dusters for newborns
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Classic Pacifiers||1||Philips Avent Classic SCF195 / 03 0-6 months||RUB 550|
|2||Dr. Brown's Pacifier 0-6 Months||232 RUB|
|3||Philips Avent Night SCF176 / 22, 6-18 months||RUB 590|
|Best Anatomical Pacifiers 0-6 Months||1||Chicco Physio Comfort 'Squirrel' Silicone 0-6m||275 RUB|
|2||Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 13, 0-6 months||316 RUB|
|3||Dr. Brown's from 0 to 6 months||299 r|
|4||Philips Avent Mini SCF151 / 00 baby, 0-2 months||320 RUB|
|Best orthodontic pacifiers||1||Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 15||316 RUB|
|2||Canpol Babies Machines 6 to 18||228 r|
|3||Philips Avent Ultra Soft 6 to 18 months||535 RUB|
|4||Dr. Brown's PreVent Sleep Pacifier 0-6 Months||RUB 500|
Best Classic Pacifiers
Not surprisingly, most babies love the classic pacifiers – they are soft, uniform on all sides, and can be inserted into their mouth as they please. In addition, their cost is the most affordable, so it is not so expensive to buy them periodically due to the need to replace them.
Philips Avent Classic SCF195 / 03 0-6 months
The Philips Avent brand has a strong foothold in the baby products market, which is why many parents pay attention to its products first. So the Philips Avent Classic pacifier SCF195 / 03 for babies from birth to six months is the best-selling one – it is loved by both children and their parents. The nipple is silicone, while soft – the manufacturer managed to soften this hypoallergenic material without losing quality. The shape is comfortable, while it activates all the main muscles of the face and satisfies the sucking need.
Philips Avent Classic SCF195 / 03 is sold in a set of two with different pictures on the holder and colorful ring handles. Each product has a protective snap-on cap for easy storage and transportation of the product.
A set of two Philips Avent Classic pacifiers SCF195 / 03 for babies from 0 to 6 months costs about 400 rubles.
- Calm but striking design;
- Snap caps;
- 2 pacifiers included;
- Streamlined natural shape of the suction part made of soft silicone;
- Not detected.
Dr. Brown's Pacifier 0-6 Months
In second place is the classic pacifier of a slightly less well-known brand Dr. Brown's PreVent for babies from birth to six months. Its uniqueness is in a special pear shape with a relatively narrow tip and an extended base like a nipple for a bottle. This contributes to the development of the oral muscles and the acquisition of eating habits.
The pacifier has a protective plate equipped with ventilation holes so that during prolonged sucking, the skin near the lips does not sweat or rub. The traditional pull-out ring is absent, it is replaced by a fixed console holder with a hole, you can insert a string or a clothespin ring into it on clothes.
Dr. Brown's from 0 to 6 months, one included, you can purchase it from 300 rubles.
- Soft silicone nipples;
- Convenient console holder;
- Ventilation ducts on a protective plate;
- Compact dimensions;
Philips Avent Night SCF176 / 22, 6-18 months
Another pacifier from Philips Avent in the Night series SCF176 / 22 is suitable for babies from 6 to 18 months. Its distinctive feature is a luminous ring, thanks to which the item can be easily found at night. However, some users note the weak ability to store solar energy, which is why the dummy took third place, not fully meeting the expectations of users.
The nipple is made in a classic shape that follows the contours of the palate, it is convenient to suck, and the hypoallergenic and completely tasteless silicone does not bother children. Includes 2 pacifiers with protective caps. You can buy a pair of Philips Avent Night SCF176 / 22 from 470 rubles.
- A pair of pacifiers with caps included;
- Wide age range of use;
- Comfortable nipple shape;
- Luminous ring for searching at night;
- The ring does not always accumulate the required amount of light;
- High price.
Best Anatomical Pacifiers 0-6 Months
Anatomical pacifiers are similar to classic pacifiers, but their nose is angled for more comfortable sucking. Babies get used to such things faster, but it is necessary to monitor the correct grip with the mouth – children do not always insert the nipple correctly, from which it comes out.
Chicco Physio Comfort 'Squirrel' Silicone 0-6m
The Chicco Physio Comfort anatomically shaped pacifier is made in Italy in collaboration with pediatricians and orthodontists. The small sucking part is ideal for newborns and half-year-olds, contributes to the correct formation of the bite and rarely causes dislike of babies. The material for making the nipple is very soft silicone, which is convenient to suck, but it is also easy to gnaw, so during teething, the pacifier should be disposed of or replaced with a latex one.
The foot of the nipple is thin, so it is convenient for the baby to close the mouth. At the same time, the plastic base is wide, and the image of a butterfly flaunts from the outside, on the wings of the plate there are ventilation holes to prevent rubbing of the skin and getting it wet from saliva. The ring-holder will not interfere with the baby: when the pacifier is in the mouth of a lying child, it lies around the base and does not dangle.
Buy Chicco Physio Comfort Silicone squirrel for babies from 0 to 6 months. can be from 270 rubles.
- Soft silicone nipple, comfortable for newborns;
- Babies rarely refuse the Chicco Physio Comfort pacifier;
- Toddler-friendly design;
- Ergonomic ring holder;
- Ventilation holes in the plate;
- Wide base with narrow foot of the nipple;
- Protective cap missing.
Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 13, 0-6 months
The second place goes to the Philips Avent FreeFlow 'Birds' pacifier. Anatomically shaped nipple made of soft silicone, which satisfies the need for sucking and contributes to the harmonious development of the maxillofacial muscles, the heel counter is equipped with ventilation holes to protect the skin from redness and irritation due to saliva accumulation. The outer part of the stopper is decorated with the image of birds on the branches. The set includes a protective snap-on cap.
The color of the product is blue-pink, that is, it is suitable for girls and boys. The only thing that confuses young parents is the high price of Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 13 from 360 rubles, despite the fact that there is only one pacifier in the kit. This fact did not allow the nipple to be assigned a higher position in the rating.
- Anatomical shape of the nipple made of soft silicone;
- Neutral design, despite the stated purpose for girls;
- Convenient ring holder;
- Cap with a tight latch;
- High price.
Dr. Brown's from 0 to 6 months
The manufacturer Dr. Brown's takes into account the need for regular replacement of pacifiers, therefore it offers pacifiers with anatomical nipples in paired sets with different designs: marine theme, plants, animals, all on a blue, blue or white background, there are no other colors in the line.
A special feature of pacifiers for babies from birth to six months is a nipple with a ventilation channel that reduces the pressure on the palate during increased sucking. Its pear-shaped shape is flattened at the tip, and with pressure from the tongue, it diverges to the sides, creating the effect of sucking on the breast, which contributes to the correct development of the maxillofacial apparatus from the diaper.
Another advantage of the nipple is the presence of a cap with a tight snap-on lock, but for some reason only one for two pacifiers.
You can buy a pair of blue Dr. Brown's nipples for babies from 0 to 6 months on average from 420 rubles.
- Two pacifiers included;
- Soft nipple with ventilation duct;
- Affordable price per unit;
- There is a cap (its presence is a plus);
- One cap included – inconvenient if the family has twins;
- Coloring of pacifiers only in blue tones.
Philips Avent Mini SCF151 / 00 baby, 0-2 months
Closing the rating of the anatomically shaped pacifiers Philips Avent Mini SCF151 / 00, designed for young children from 0 to 2 months. The oblong nipple is very small, it is ideal for newborns, term and premature babies, including those on artificial feeding – soft, odorless silicone does not complicate sucking.
The design of the pacifier is neutral, the protective plate, base and holder are made of transparent plastic, with a bull's eye in the center.
Philips Avent Mini SCF151 / 00 price for the little ones aged 0-2 months. about 280 rubles.
- Small, pear-shaped, flattened silicone teat;
- There is a protective cap;
- Neutral design
- The dummy lasts for a short time;
- One included.
Best orthodontic pacifiers
Orthodontic pacifiers have a thin stem, a flattened nipple with a beveled edge, convex on one side. In other words, the shape is fully adapted to the anatomical shape of the mouth, its purpose is the correct formation of the bite and even its correction at an early stage, if dentists have identified a problem in infancy. Sucking also strengthens the muscles of the mouth and lips, preparing the baby for independent food intake.
Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 15
The first Philips Avent FreeFlow orthodontic pacifier for babies 6 months and older with the perfect, complex teat described earlier to mimic a mother's breast. In addition, the limiter is relatively small, but reliable; flowers or animals are depicted on the front side, depending on the series of products. The silicone used is soft, it does not give any unpleasant or unnatural sensations to the baby when sucking.
The restraining plate of the pacifier is blue, it has 6 ventilation holes – they are necessary to keep the skin around the lips dry, because with active sucking, a large amount of saliva is produced. For hygienic storage and transport, the pacifier comes with a cap.
Philips Avent FreeFlow SCF172 / 15 price is high – from 350 rubles.
- The nipple is of the correct anatomical shape;
- Calm and attractive dummy design;
- Ventilation holes in the plate;
- Silicone texture is close to real skin;
- High price.
Canpol Babies Machines 6 to 18
The second-rated pacifier for children from six months to one and a half years old Canpol Babies Machines from 6 to 18. It differs not only in the correct orthodontic shape of the nipple, but also in the increased density silicone that can withstand teething, sterilization and provide sufficient muscle training, especially when correcting posture lower jaw.
A distinctive feature of the Canpol Babies pacifiers is the striking design of the restrictive plate, in the Machines series it is a drawn construction technique built in a plot. For ventilation of the skin during sucking, holes are provided in the mouthpiece. There is only one pacifier in the kit, sold in a blister, but without a cap – this is its drawback.
You can buy Canpol Babies Machines from 6 to 18 for an average of 220 rubles.
- Bright design;
- Medium Density Silicone;
- Comfortable, at the same time, the correct shape of the nipple;
- Cap is missing;
- The holder ring is not fixed.
Philips Avent Ultra Soft 6 to 18 months
The Philips Avent Ultra Soft series of pacifiers with anatomical teat for babies from 6 months to 18 months is the third in the ranking. The products are distinguished by a soft mouthpiece made of special plastic – it has ventilation holes, and the shape of the plate follows the contours of the curves of the face (FlexiFit technology).
The soft silicone teat makes sucking as comfortable and as natural as possible, shaping the correct bite and developing facial muscles. Its Ultra Soft contributes to 96% acceptance of the pacifier by the majority of babies, according to US research. It is convenient to store and sterilize the nipple in a case, and boiling is not necessary – you can use a microwave oven by placing a case filled with water with pacifiers in it and heat it up for a few minutes.
The set includes 2 Philips Avent Ultra Soft pacifiers, you can choose a design for boys and girls – in the line of blue, pink and lilac products. You can buy a set from 520 rubles.
- 2 pacifiers included;
- Few rejections of Philips Avent Ultra Soft pacifiers'
- There is a sterilization case;
- Anatomical contours of the mouthpiece;
- Orthodontic nipple shape;
- Very soft silicone for babies from 6 to 18 months is impractical, it breaks when teething.
- High price.
Dr. Brown's PreVent Sleep Pacifier 0-6 Months
Completing the ranking of Dr. Brown's PreVent anatomical pacifiers for babies from birth to six months. The soft silicone nipple repeats the shape of your mother's breast and soothes even in a dream – the manufacturer created a pacifier with the expectation of using it at rest, for this the holder ring is made of plastic glowing in the dark. Even animals on the outside of the holders are depicted with their eyes closed. Note that the pacifier can also be used during wakefulness: it has a comfortable mouthpiece with ventilation, a large ring and a varied design that will definitely attract the child's attention.
Users note: Dr. Brown's PreVent sleep pacifier glows in the dark much better than the Philips Avent product, but otherwise it loses a little to the leader – no cap, high price from 650 rubles for a pair set, less well-known brand.
- Brightly luminous large ring holder;
- Various colors;
- Sterilization and storage case;
- Soft silicone orthodontic teat;
- Ergonomic mouthpiece does not chafe the skin;
- High price of the kit;
- Lack of nipple caps.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.