Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
A runny nose is a common childhood problem, babies suffer from it much more often than adults, and they only manage to blow their nose by the age of three. Until then, cleaning the sinuses and airways is a parent's task. For a long time, young mothers pulled snot with their own mouths, which is even unpleasant to think about, but the most dangerous thing is contact with viruses, which also settle in the parent's nasopharynx and lead to diseases. Modern parents take care of the nose of newborn babies using special devices and devices – aspirators.
- How to choose an aspirator
- Rating of the best aspirators for newborns
- The best mechanical aspirators for newborns
- Nosefrida nasal aspirator
- OTRIVIN BABY
- BEBE CONFORT
- Nasal aspirator Aqua Maris
- Best Electric Aspirators for Newborns
- Coclean New
- B.Well WC-150
- Best Vacuum Aspirators for Newborns
- The best syringe aspirators
- Chicco 00004923000000
- Happy Baby 17002
How to choose an aspirator
Snot is the concentration of dead spent leukocytes and viruses defeated by them. The task of the aspirator is to draw out this liquid from the respiratory tract so that the baby can breathe freely, and hard crusts do not form inside the canals. Depending on the traction force of the device, cleaning of a different degree occurs: only their nasal strips, from the sinuses and even the pharynx. By the type of the suction drive, aspirators are:
- Mechanical, are a tube with two plastic nozzles at the ends: one is inserted into the nose of the crumbs, the second (mouthpiece) – into the mother's mouth, which draws in air, taking in the snot with an air flow, they in turn are retained in the filter-gasket, which is then removed.
- Electric – these are electrically driven devices that create a thrust of a certain force depending on the degree of congestion and the age of the child. They are convenient in that they do not require the use of force by an adult and exclude direct infection.
- Vacuum aspirators are tubes with attachments that are connected to a household vacuum cleaner. These are best used for severe colds.
- Douches or well-known 'pears' are suitable for the smallest newborn babies – their suction power is minimal, and the soft latex or plastic spout is completely safe for the skin.
The market is filled with various offers from aspirator manufacturers, when choosing, you need to pay attention to several important aspects:
- Age appropriate. For babies, a powerful device is useless – it will rather scare the baby, and they practically do not have a large amount of dead epithelium. The sizes of the nozzle tip also differ for different age groups. In order not to be mistaken, pay attention to the age range indicated in the instructions for the device.
- Convenience of cleaning and maintenance – it is necessary to handle every component of the suction mechanism that comes into contact with snot and viruses, so the models should be disassembled without effort.
- The presence of a collection tank in which a disposable filter, cotton wool or cotton pad is placed to collect liquid is now mandatory for all devices.
- It will not be superfluous to limit the size of the tip of the nozzle inserted into the nose to reduce the risk of excessive penetration into the airway and injury to its walls.
- The noise of the device is taken into account based on the preferences of children – it is unlikely that newborns will be comfortable using a vacuum aspirator, especially if the vacuum cleaner is very noisy, even if it has its traction power regulator. Mechanical devices and syringes do not make sounds at all.
The choice of an aspirator must be approached comprehensively. Based on the opinion and experience of parents, the experts of the portal have compiled a rating of the best nozzle pumps existing on the domestic market today.
Rating of the best aspirators for newborns
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best mechanical aspirators for newborns||1||Nosefrida nasal aspirator||623 RUB|
|2||OTRIVIN BABY||230 RUB|
|3||BEBE CONFORT||RUB 700|
|4||Nasal aspirator Aqua Maris||RUB 318|
|Best Electric Aspirators for Newborns||1||Coclean New||RUB 7 800|
|2||B.Well WC-150||1 343 RUB|
|Best Vacuum Aspirators for Newborns||1||Baby-Vac||RUB 1,450|
|The best syringe aspirators||1||Chicco 00004923000000||260 RUB|
|2||Happy Baby 17002||141 r|
The best mechanical aspirators for newborns
According to the principle of operation, mechanical devices are the most understandable – the traction force is determined by the parent's inhalation effort, respectively, the adult can feel which nostril is blocked in the baby, when it is necessary to draw it in harder, and where it is weaker. This is the quietest type, but also the most unsafe – despite the presence of filters, there is a risk of the virus penetrating through the air duct into the parents' nasopharynx.
Nosefrida nasal aspirator
The rating of mechanical aspirators opens with the largest container for collecting nozzles Nosefrida. On one side, an elongated container with an internal filter and a rounded tip is connected to the flexible tube that conducts air, which does not have a limiter, but at the same time does not harm the skin and nasal passages – the tube simply does not enter them, but fits snugly against the edge of the nostril, creating a tight circuit. The plastic of the container is transparent, allowing you to assess the quantity and quality of the liquid being drawn. On the other hand, a handy red mouthpiece for a parent.
It is easy to take care of the Nosefrida aspirator: it is easy to disassemble, it is enough to rinse it with warm water and soap, if necessary, pour it over with boiling water. The nose cleaner is suitable for babies from 3 months, for newborns it is also suitable, but it is not quite convenient to use it due to the small nasal passages of the crumbs.
The price of the Nosefrida nasal aspirator is about 650 rubles.
- Large container for collecting liquid, can be cleaned 2 nostrils at a time;
- The design and filter prevent viruses from passing through the channel into the parent's mouth;
- Convenient care;
- Individual case for storing the aspirator;
- Transparent collection container for assessing the quantity and quality of the liquid;
- Effective for severe colds;
- High price.
In second place is an aspirator, which can be bought at any pharmacy – OTRIVIN BABY. It is suitable for babies in the first two years of life, starting from early infancy. It is a flexible tube on one side with a flat nozzle (mouthpiece) for an adult's mouth, on the other – with a plastic container for collecting snot, which is retained in the foam filter. It is inconvenient to clean it thoroughly every time, many users change the sponge for a piece of cotton wool.
The collection container itself is large, but unlike the leader of the rating, the tip inserted into the nose is screwed to the container separately, the kit includes 3 replaceable nozzles of the same size.
The Otrivin Baby aspirator is also suitable for rinsing the spout, for this the manufacturer recommends using drops or spray of the same brand.
The price of the OTRIVIN BABY nasal aspirator is relatively affordable – about 360 rubles.
- Large storage container with removable attachments;
- Smoothed tip;
- 3 interchangeable spout tips included;
- Replaceable filter;
- There is no limiter on the nose of the plug-in nozzle;
- The manufacturer recommends using the attachments once and buying new ones (in fact, they are easy to care for);
- Replaceable foam filters are difficult to clean;
The BEBE CONFORT mechanical nozzle extractor is compact: it has a short tube, a small mouth wrap and a green mucus collection container with a rounded tip for safe application to the nostrils of babies from birth. Filters are not provided in the kit, but there are 2 brushes for cleaning the tube.
The green plastic of the container is not quite convenient – through it it is difficult to determine the number of pull-out nozzles and their color to determine the correct treatment tactics. You will have to remove the nozzle, remove the filter and use it to identify the nature of the rhinitis. Otherwise, there are no complaints about the BEBE CONFORT aspirator.
The price of the product is on average 465 rubles.
- Compact dimensions;
- It is convenient to rinse with warm water and soap and clean the tube with a brush;
- Suitable for babies from birth;
- High price for a simple aspirator without additional attachments;
- An opaque container for collecting mucus.
Nasal aspirator Aqua Maris
The rating of mechanical aspirators closes with the device for cleaning the baby's nose from Aqua Maris. This is a kit that includes a tube with an adult mouthpiece and a container with replaceable spout tips. The manufacturer prescribes to discard the nozzle after each cleaning of the nasal passages, but in monetary terms it is not profitable – a new set of tips will cost an average of 23 rubles per piece. Practical parents simply wash the nozzles with warm water, even pour them over with boiling water and carry out procedures for cleansing the child's nose with a completely clean device.
The best filter for the Aqua Maris aspirator is cotton wool, which must be thrown away after the procedure is completed. The device is also suitable for cleaning the nasal passages when rinsing with seawater.
The price of the Aqua Maris nasal aspirator is about 365 rubles.
- 4 replaceable nozzles included;
- Easy care;
- Convenient container and mouthpiece shape;
- The manufacturer prescribes changing the aspirator tips after each procedure.
- High price.
Best Electric Aspirators for Newborns
The device with an electric pump is attractive for ease of use: I inserted a container with a tip into the baby's nose, turned on the button, a couple of seconds and it's done. The design of the devices does not imply conductive tubes, it is a hand-held unit with an attached nozzle-collector, which limits the access of mucus to the mechanism, it must be looked after by ordinary washing with warm soapy water.
The first Coclean New electric aspirator with a convenient curved design. The suction power in comparison with other devices is increased by 20% to 600 mm Hg. Art, allows you to cleanse the baby's nose not only from liquid mucus, but also from the formed crusts. Two soft silicone tips included in the kit do not injure the nostrils and mucous membranes, their tips are rounded for convenient and safe insertion into the very base of the nasal passage. The noise level of Coclean New is minimal, as noted, it does not scare kids.
The electric aspirator operates in two modes: irrigation of the passages and sinuses with saline solution through a nozzle – spray, the second – pulling out mucus with flushing liquid through the second handpiece in the traction mode. Thus, nasal cleansing occurs not only mechanically, but also therapeutically: tissues are softened, making breathing easier, and salt contributes to maximum disinfection and removal of pathogens.
The work is provided by the built-in battery, the charge of which is enough for 25 minutes of manipulations, after which you will need to connect to the charger for 8-12 hours.
Coclean New price – from 8100 rubles.
- Works as a spray of treatment solution and a nozzle suction;
- Relatively long-term work (with the duration of one procedure up to 15 seconds);
- Convenient container maintenance;
- Light weight 300 grams;
- Power is not regulated;
- High price;
- Small collection container 5 ml;
In second place is the less functional B.Well WC-150 electric aspirator, designed only for cleaning the nose. Its thrust force is less than that of the leader – only 450 mm Hg. Art., not the most convenient direct design, but otherwise it only wins – it weighs only 250 grams, operates on 2 AA batteries for 40 minutes, the procedure is carried out to music – only 12 melodies, and the design of the device is bright with a yellow body . For safe storage, the manufacturer equipped the B.Well WC-150 with a cover, and for hygienic convenience, provided 2 nozzles for the spout.
The design feature is the adapter between the spout and the container in which mucus is retained, so it is not so easy to wash it. Some users also note that snot gets into the engine part, which is associated with poor-quality assembly of certain device models.
The price of the B.Well WC-150 electric aspirator is affordable – about 1400 rubles.
- 2 nozzles for cleaning the nasal passages;
- Affordable price;
- Yellow body decorated with a giraffe;
- Long work from AA batteries;
- Musical accompaniment of the procedure with incendiary melodies;
- Optimum suction power;
- There is a marriage with a poor-quality assembly;
- Not the most convenient cleaning;
- Vertical body, you need to keep the baby also upright;
- The suction power is not adjustable;
Completes the rating of electric aspirators CLEANOZ, which is suitable for the smallest due to the relatively low draft. Latex cone-shaped nozzles restrict the introduction of the nose into the nostrils, preventing injury to the mucous membrane. The manufacturer recommends not cleaning them after use, but purchasing new ones.
Nanos is powered by three AAA little finger batteries supplied with the sales kit, they will last for a long time – up to 30-40 minutes. There is only one start button, it turns on the motor and turns it off when the baby's nose is already clean.
Judging by the reviews, the CLEANOZ aspirator is quite solid in terms of build quality, but the thrust force of the pump is insufficient to clear the nasal passages with a severe cold. The cost of the device is 1800 rubles.
- Convenient curved body shape;
- Long work from AAA batteries;
- The nozzle expanding towards the base limits the introduction into the nostrils;
- Low traction.
Best Vacuum Aspirators for Newborns
Vacuum aspirators are similar to mechanical ones, only instead of a mouthpiece for the mouth – a nozzle for attaching to a hose or tube of a vacuum cleaner. You can thoroughly clean your nose with such a device, even with a severe cold, but in this case, requirements are already imposed on the vacuum cleaner: it must have a power regulator and a low noise level. Our rating presents the only vacuum-type aspirator popular on the market, which can be connected to a central pump, in this case to a vacuum cleaner.
The most popular vacuum aspirator is the Baby-Vac tube with a nozzle for attaching to professional pumps in hospitals or ordinary vacuum cleaners at home. The uniqueness of the device in the automatic reduction of traction and its stabilization for safe and comfortable cleansing of the respiratory tract and even sinuses.
The nozzle with a widening base will not allow you to insert it deeply, ensuring the safety of the mucous membrane already irritated by a runny nose. The collection of mucus takes place in a container, practically nothing gets into the tube thanks to the filter. The procedure takes only a few minutes, so the least amount of discomfort will be delivered. The aspirator has no age restrictions, therefore it is suitable for babies from the first day of life.
The price of the reusable Baby-Vac tube is about 1400 rubles.
- Reduces the strong pull of the vacuum cleaner to safe;
- Convenient care;
- The container will allow you to clean 2 nasal passages at once;
- Suitable for vacuum cleaner pipes of different diameters;
- Not defined.
The best syringe aspirators
Traditional 'pears' are ideal for newborns and toddlers up to one year old, they help to cope with a minor runny nose, draw out thin mucus without clots. It is only important to pay attention to the material of the nozzle tip – it should be safe for the delicate skin and mucous membranes of the baby.
The Chicco aspirator-bulb with dimensions of 10x5x5 cm is suitable for combating the anatomical rhinitis of the smallest children from the first month of life. It is made of a resilient polymer that easily recovers after being pressed, thus providing low traction sufficient to expel liquid nozzles. A tip with a widened base will not allow insertion of the device far into the nasal passage, therefore it is completely safe, and for small babies it will be enough just to attach it to the edge of the nostril and press lightly.
You can wash the Chicco syringe 00004923000000 in warm water, attachments can be purchased separately if necessary. The cost of the aspirator itself is about 330 rubles.
- Soft 'pear' that regains its shape and creates traction;
- Affordable price;
- Safe nozzle with a wide rounded tip;
- Does not work with severe congestion due to weak traction.
Happy Baby 17002
In second place is a syringe from Happy Baby, it is smaller than the leader – only 8×4 cm.But it is just as elastic and elastic, creates a small traction for removing liquid snot, and is also not suitable for a severe cold. The plastic nozzle does not injure the baby's skin, there is an insertion limiter on the tip; for children with narrow nostrils, it is enough to attach it close to the entrance to the nasal canal.
Due to its small size, the Happy Baby syringe does not create good traction, this was noted by users – the effect of use is weak, but this is a problem for all aspirating pears without exception. The device will cope well with cleaning the channels after rinsing with sea water or removing liquid from the spout after a walk or sleep.
The price of Happy Baby 17002 is 310 rubles.
- Compact size, convenient for a travel first aid kit;
- Easy care by washing with water;
- Safe nozzle with restrictive tip;
- Weak cravings.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.