Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The company Asus is one of the largest electronics manufacturers. And, of course, its computer division is very large. And this is due not only to marketing, but also to the high quality of technology, including motherboards.
Therefore, we have compiled a rating of the 10 best motherboards Asus that are suitable for building a computer of any specialization – from gaming to office.
- Rating of the best motherboards Asus
- Asus Z97-AR
- Asus WS X299 Sage
- Asus Z10PE-D8 WS
- Asus Prime X399-A
- Asus Z8PE-D12X
- Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
- Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
- Asus Prime X370-Pro
- Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
- Asus Prime Z270-P
Rating of the best motherboards Asus
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best motherboards Asus||1||Asus Z97-AR||10 980|
|2||Asus WS X299 Sage||RUB 37,765|
|3||Asus Z10PE-D8 WS||RUB 37,240|
|4||Asus Prime X399-A||20 490|
|6||Asus ROG Maximus X Hero||RUB 19,525|
|7||Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming||RUB 16 199|
|8||Asus Prime X370-Pro||RUB 9,990|
|9||Asus Maximus VIII Ranger||RUB 5,565|
|10||Asus Prime Z270-P||RUB 5,460|
Why it is: Built-in optimization mechanism, almost top-end components, low price.
One of the best motherboards for creating a universal, upgradeable computer. It is equipped with a socket Intel LG A 1150 for processors of the 4th and 5th generation of the corresponding company, four DDR3 'RAM' slots with a maximum volume of 32 GB, support for integrated and discrete graphics, including NVIDIA technologies SLI and AMD CrossFireX, m.2 socket, SATA Express port and four SATA ports at 6 gigabits per second.
But the main advantage of the device is the function of fast optimization of the computer. With the click of a mouse, you can adjust the fan speed, power consumption, process and video card frequency, network and sound. Also, a sound card with support for proprietary technology Asus Crystal Sound 2 is integrated into the motherboard. Gaming features of the device are created, among other things, by high-speed SATA Express and PCI m.2 buses.
- Ability to control a variety of operating parameters through the complete software;
- Convenient location of connectors;
- Stable, reliable performance.
- For 2018-2019, slightly old technologies – Intel LG A 1150 (current LG A 1151) and DDR3 standard RAM (current DDR4);
- There is no enhanced cooling system for the chipset, which is important for some gamers.
Asus WS X299 Sage
Why it is: Suitable for creating a super-performance graphics subsystem.
This motherboard is not very suitable for creating a regular home computer. The device is focused on the creation of high-performance graphics platforms and is equipped with seven full-size PCI-e slots for installing video cards.
Motherboard specifications include 2066 socket Intel for Xeon series processors, four or eight DDR4 RAM slots, Intel X299 chipset, two m.2 slots of the third generations on the PCI-e bus, eight SATA ports with a maximum data transfer rate of 6 Gigabits per second and one U.2 connector for high-performance storage.
Like the previous model in the ranking, this motherboard supports proprietary software optimization technology. It also features reinforced radiators on the power subsystems and the chipset to protect against overheating when performing resource-intensive tasks.
- Seven PCI-Express slots on a 16-bit bus;
- Eight DDR4 'RAM' slots;
- Support for proprietary hardware and software optimization.
- Non-standard form factor SSI CEB, which is quite rare in computer cases;
- Relatively high price compared to other models;
- Narrow specialization, not very suitable for ordinary home computers.
Asus Z10PE-D8 WS
Why it is: A motherboard for computers with powerful graphics and multiprocessor configurations.
If you need to create a super-powerful computer, for example, to handle heavy graphics – including working with game engines – then you should start by purchasing this 'motherboard'. It supports multiprocessor configuration thanks to two sockets Intel LG A 2011-3 oriented for use with Xeon series chips, seven PCI-Express slots on x16 / 8 and x0 / 8 buses, chipset Intel C612 PCH and two SATA Express ports for connecting high-speed drives.
Other technical characteristics of the board include eight slots for DDR4 'RAM' with various bus frequencies up to 2133 MHz, an integrated ASpeed video card for temporarily connecting the screen via a VGA port, an integrated gigabit network and sound card.
The graphics subsystem supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX technologies up to four video cards each. In addition, the motherboard has an efficient cooling system with heat pipes.
- High-quality performance;
- Ensures uninterrupted operation of servers based on this 'motherboard';
- Support for multiprocessor configuration.
- Frontal placement of power connectors, which may slightly complicate mounting of coolers;
- Slow start POST B IOS;
- Incorrect bitmap work when using a custom bootloader.
Asus Prime X399-A
Why her: The top motherboard for top AMD processors.
This graphics card is designed for gaming computers based on AMD flagship processors. It features a TR4 socket, which is designed to house Ryzen Threadripper chips, the latest generation of multi-core gaming processors. It is also the only motherboard in the ranking to feature a stock processor in an M.2 slot for maximum efficiency with high-speed storage.
It should be noted that there are a lot of radiators on the motherboard. Therefore, it is perfect for gaming computers.
Other features include AMD X399 chipset, 8 DDR4 'RAM' slots on a high-speed bus with a maximum clock speed of 3600 MHz in OC mode, four PCI-E slots on a 16-bit bus (supports AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI video card combining technologies), two connector m.2 and one u.2, as well as 6 SATA.
- The best price / performance ratio among TR4 motherboards;
- Variety of ports and connectors;
- Support for Asus Aura highlighting with customizable and even dynamic color.
- Non-standard Extended ATX form factor;
- Works only with the operating system Windows 10 x64;
- Update B IOS is mandatory, early firmware does not work correctly with the cooling system.
Why her: A low-cost motherboard for servers and workstations.
This motherboard is designed for building server computers and workstations on its basis. It supports multiprocessor configuration, but has two sockets Intel LG A 1366 for high-performance Intel i7-9XX series processors. The chipset Intel 5520 is responsible for the operation of the integrated and peripheral equipment.
Other specifications include 12 DDR3 'RAM' slots with a maximum clock speed of 1333 MHz, six SATA ports at 3 Gigabits per second, six PCI-Express ports – four on the x16 bus, two on the PCI-X bus, an integrated graphics accelerator Aspeed AST2050 and Integrated Gigabit NIC. But the sound one is not.
The motherboard supports PIKE expansion technology Asus and EPU power mechanics for efficient real-time power redistribution.
- Allows you to create a powerful server computer with minimal costs;
- Low heat generation due to sophisticated power distribution system;
- 12 ports for 'RAM'.
- No integrated sound card
- Does not support overclocking both CPU and video cards.
Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
Why her: The flagship gaming motherboard.
This motherboard is the best rated motherboard for building a modern, high-performance gaming computer with support for possible future upgrades. It is equipped with socket Intel LG A1151, which houses 8th generation processors Intel, and chipset Intel Z370.
Other specifications of the 'motherboard' include four DDR4 'RAM' slots with a maximum clock speed of 4133 MHz, an integrated graphics accelerator Intel with support for HDMI and DisplayPort output, six PCI-Express slots with support for NVIDIA SLI video card merging technologies and AMD CrossFireX, two m.2 connectors and six SATA connectors with a maximum speed of up to 6 gigabits per second. There are also integrated high-end network and sound cards.
Overclocking functions are supported. There is a proprietary backlight. Compatible with proprietary one-click optimization technology.
- Good combination of price and technical characteristics;
- Advanced cooling system with multiple radiators;
- Automatic overclocking mode for processor and video cards.
- The automatic overclocking mode does not always work adequately;
- No full-size backplate to protect against mechanical overload when installing two heavy video cards;
- Supports only operating systems of the Windows 10 x64 family.
Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Why it is: A gaming graphics card for building computers based on AMD processors.
An excellent motherboard for building high-performance (but not flagship) gaming computers based on AMD processors. It features an AM4 socket for Ryzen family chips and an AMD X47 chipset. All this provides a high speed of the device.
Other specifications include four DDR4 slots with a maximum clock speed of 3600 MHz, an integrated graphics card with HDMI and DisplayPort ports, six PCI-Express slots (three x16 and x1 each) with support for NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX GPUs , integrated gigabit network and eight-channel sound cards.
Supported functions of automatic overclocking, 'one-button' five-channel optimization, there is a proprietary backlight Asus Aura.
- Sophisticated, highly efficient cooling system;
- 14 USB ports;
- Support for automatic overclocking.
- Comparative high cost;
- Incomplete Russification B IOS;
- It does not work well with the operating system Windows 7 x64, although its support is indicated in the specifications.
Asus Prime X370-Pro
Why it is: One of the cheapest gaming motherboards around.
The main advantage of this device is its low price. However, it is suitable for creating gaming PCs of the 'top-middle' class. In particular, the 'motherboard' is equipped with an AM4 socket for installing the latest generation of AMD Ryzen processors, including eight-core configurations, and an AMD X370 chipset.
Other platform specifications include 4 x 3200 MHz DDR4 'RAM' slots, an integrated graphics card supporting HDMI and DisplayPort up to 4K resolution, six PCIe ports (three x16 and x1 each), 8 SATA ports with 6 Gigabit data transfer rates. second, two m.2 sockets on the PCIe bus, a gigabit network card with support for optimization and data transmission protection technologies, an integrated eight-channel sound card, and proprietary backlight technology.
The motherboard supports proprietary one-button optimization technology.
- Full backplate for PCIe ports;
- SLI and CrossFireX support;
- Supports automatic and manual overclocking of installed components.
- B IOS will need to be updated immediately after purchase and installation (if there is an update);
- It does not work well with the operating system Windows 7 x64, although it is still possible to install it;
- Minimalistic equipment, includes only what is needed (and sometimes there are not enough bolts).
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
Why it is: One of the cheapest ROG boards in the ranking.
This gaming motherboard is part of the signature ROG gaming series, making it suitable for most gaming PCs. It features advanced overclocking functions that automatically increase the clock speed of the processor and video card, and many features exclusive to the series.
Motherboard specifications include socket Intel LG A 1151, which is compatible with the latest processor generation Intel (sixth to eighth); chipset Intel Z170; four slots of “RAM” generation DDR4 with a clock frequency of up to 3.4 GHz; support for integrated video cards Intel HD Graphics series; two PCIe x16 slots and three PCIe x1 slots – moreover, NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX technologies are also supported; two high-speed SATA Express ports; one m.2 slot capable of working in both PCIe and SATA; six SATA ports with speeds up to 6 gigabits per second; gigabit network card; eight-channel sound card SupremeFX.
- Very low price for gaming motherboards;
- Great potential for an upgrade;
- Support for automatic overclocking.
- It is inconvenient to install large tower coolers because of the too close location of the 'RAM' slots to the socket;
- Lots of useless programs included;
- Thin textolite and the absence of a full-fledged backplate behind PCIe ports.
Asus Prime Z270-P
Why it is: The combination of low cost and high performance.
Latest ATX motherboard for compatibility with the latest technology and third-party components. So, it is equipped with socket Intel LG A1151, used in the eighth generation of the corresponding processors, most relevant at the end of 2018. The new Intel Z270 chipset provides support for technologies such as Intel Optane, and compatibility with overclocking technologies allows you to speed up your PC.
Platform specifications include four DDR4 'RAM' slots with a maximum frequency of 3866 MHz after overclocking; support for integrated graphics into the processor Intel HD Graphics; Two PCIe x16 slots, compatible with AMD CrossFireX video combining technology; two m.2 sockets capable of operating in PCIE mode; integrated network and sound cards.
Supports hardware protection technologies and cooling enhancements.
- One of the best combinations of price and novelty in the rating;
- Support for proprietary sync backlight technology Asus Aura;
- Convenient B IOS 'out of the box'.
- Thin textolite;
- Budget appearance;
- Inconvenient latch for video cards.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.