Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
A sterilizer is essential for the regular care of baby bottles, teats and pacifiers, especially in the first months of a child's life, when the gastrointestinal tract is susceptible to pathogenic microflora. The device replaces conventional boiling, but in a more convenient form. Introducing our top 10 best electric bottle sterilizers, microwave safe and cold mode. Also included are pacifier sterilizers.
- Rating of the best sterilizers for bottles
- Best Electric Sterilizers
- Philips AVENT SCF286 / 03
- CS Medica KIDS CS-28s
- Chicco SterilNatural 2 in 1
- Maman BY-03
- The best microwave sterilizers
- Philips AVENT SCF281 / 02
- Chicco Steril Natural Maxi
- Kitfort KT-2304
- The best sterilizers for soothers
- Miniland on the go
- Timson TO-01-111
- Best cold sterilizer
- Chicco SterilBox
Rating of the best sterilizers for bottles
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Electric Sterilizers||1||Philips AVENT SCF286 / 03||RUB 5,070|
|2||CS Medica KIDS CS-28s||2 640 rub.|
|3||Chicco SterilNatural 2 in 1||RUB 2,860|
|4||Maman BY-03||RUB 1,500|
|The best microwave sterilizers||1||Philips AVENT SCF281 / 02||RUB 1,847|
|2||Chicco Steril Natural Maxi||RUB 1,500|
|3||Kitfort KT-2304||990 RUB|
|The best sterilizers for soothers||1||Miniland on the go||RUB 1,439|
|2||Timson TO-01-111||450 RUB|
|Best cold sterilizer||1||Chicco SterilBox||RUB 1,400|
Best Electric Sterilizers
Autonomous devices powered by an electrical network. The principle of operation is to heat the water in the tank, which turns into sterilizing steam. The machines are suitable for handling bottles, pacifiers, nipples and are versatile.
Philips AVENT SCF286 / 03
Recognized by experts and users as the leader among sterilizers – the versatile 4-in-1 device from Philips AVENT SCF286 / 03 series. The device is suitable for flawless disinfection of bottles up to 330 ml (height limitation) and nipples for them, as well as pacifiers, with a total of 6 slots for placing dishes. Before the procedure, 100 ml of water must be poured into the reservoir according to the level, the device quickly heats it up, the exposure time with steam is 10 minutes, after which the device automatically turns off. If the cap is closed, the bottles stay perfectly clean for up to 24 hours.
The sterilizer comes with a basket for washing teats, pacifiers and bottles in the dishwasher, it can be used to store dishes. The Philips AVENT SCF286 / 03 facade has a digital display indicating the current sterilization process. To make nipples, pacifiers and bottles easy to reach when hot, the manufacturer completes the device with forceps. The power of the device is 650 W.
The average price is 7,500 rubles.
- Suitable for sterilizing pacifiers, nipples and bottles;
- Keeps clean with the lid closed for up to 24 hours;
- Large capacity;
- Basket for washing small items in the dishwasher;
- Automatic shutdown;
- Process indicator.
- The bottle height is limited and can be sterilized up to 330 ml.
CS Medica KIDS CS-28s
Silver went to the compact electric sterilizer CS Medica KIDS CS-28s of universal type, suitable for disinfecting bottles, teats and pacifiers. The device has increased the time of exposure to steam up to 9 minutes, the dynamics can be monitored on the display. The device will automatically shut down when the program exits. You can use the supplied tongs to remove dishes and utensils from the inner tank. In addition to them, the set includes a measuring cup for pouring water. The power of the device is 500 W.
The CS Medica KIDS CS-28s sterilizer has compact dimensions, it is light – only 1.5 kg, it stands stably on any surface thanks to its rubberized feet. The average price is 2,500 rubles.
- Stable apparatus without sliding on the table surface;
- Reservoir for 6 bottles;
- Measuring glass for water and tongs included;
- Timer on the case and automatic shutdown;
- Affordable price.
- Increased sterilization time.
- Not suitable for the sterilization of the rodents as stated on the packaging by the manufacturer.
Chicco SterilNatural 2 in 1
In third place in the rating is the Chicco SterilNatural 2 in 1 compact sterilizer for 6 places. The compact device is suitable for disinfecting small bottles up to 330 ml in the lower chamber and a nipple with caps in the upper part of the device, where you can also send baby's pacifiers. The manufacturer claims that the prior is automatically turned off after the end of the sterilization time, but in practice for some reason it does not work, and you still have to turn off the power manually. It should also be remembered that steam comes out through the top cover, so you should not place the sterilizer under a wall cabinet or under shelves with plants.
The power of the device is 450 W. The average price is 4,600 rubles.
- Compact design with large internal chamber;
- Reduced sterilization time 5/10 minutes;
- Fast heating;
- Optimal price.
- The declared shutdown timer does not always work (possibly a factory defect);
- For small bottles only.
In fourth place is the budgetary sterilizer Maman BY-0 with a power of 350 W. It is suitable for processing 6 bottles at the same time, but only small – up to 330 ml, at the same time you can put nipples, pacifiers, breast pump parts on the stand. Steam exposure time increased to 15 minutes, timer and automatic shutdown provided. The set includes a measuring cup for water and tongs for installing and removing bottles from the device after sterilization.
The average price is 1,600 rubles.
- The lowest price in the category;
- Build quality;
- Large capacity for bottles and other little things;
- Fast water heating time;
- Measuring cup and tongs included.
- Sterilization time 15 minutes due to low power.
The best microwave sterilizers
If you have a microwave oven in the kitchen, it is optimal to purchase a special sterilizer, which is a water tank with a grid with slots for installing bottles, nipples and pacifiers. The water is heated by microwaves and turns into steam and disinfects the products. The indisputable advantage of such sterilizers is that there is no need for a separate place on the kitchen table; the device can be removed into the closet as unnecessary.
Philips AVENT SCF281 / 02
This sterilizer holds up to 6 Philips AVENT 260 ml bottles, for other brands only 200 ml. You can also handle 2 breast pumps of the same brand and 2 bottles at the same time. There is a place on the stand for nipples and pacifiers. It is enough to pour clean water into the lower bowl, place the dishes on the support and send the device to the microwave oven for at least 2 minutes. After the procedure, with the lid closed, the sterility of the dishes is maintained for 24 hours. In addition to bottles, breast pumps and nipples, the sterilizer can handle cutlery. For the convenience of removing items, the manufacturer attaches a convenient forceps to the kit. The weight of the Philips AVENT SCF281 / 02 plastic device is only 740 grams, and the average price is 2,400 rubles.
- Compact size of the device;
- Suitable for sterilizing Philips breast pumps;
- Cover for keeping the dishes clean for a day;
- Safe, odorless plastic.
- High price;
- For small bottles only.
Chicco Steril Natural Maxi
The Chicco Microwave Sterilizer holds 4 bottles of different sizes and accessories for them – caps, nipples, as well as pacifiers and small breast pumps of different brands. Like the Philips kit, Chicco has tongs and a sealed lid also seals the dishes and protects them from the outside for 24 hours. The stated minimum sterilization time is 3 minutes. The average price of Chicco Steril Natural Maxi is 1400 rubles.
- Universal sterilizer for breast pumps, bottles, breast pumps;
- Convenient container for installing products;
- Transparent protective cover;
- 24 hours of sterility inside the chamber;
- Affordable price.
- Not defined.
Universal sterilizer for five bottles Kitfort KT-2304 is suitable for children's dishes up to 15.5 cm in height of any volume from different manufacturers. The support can be used for nipples, pacifiers. The required volume of the microwave chamber is 20 liters, in which the bottles are processed for at least 2 minutes. The container can be subsequently washed in the dishwasher, this facilitates the process of cleaning the device. The set provides a measuring cup for the exact volume of water, and tongs for easy removal of the bottles.
The price of the Kitfort KT-2304 sterilizer starts at 1020 rubles.
- You can sterilize 5 bottles and their accessories at the same time;
- Suitable for bottles of any size up to 15.5 cm high;
- Can be washed in the dishwasher;
- Tongs and measuring cup included.
- Compared to the previously reviewed models, it is less spacious, only for 5 bottles;
- It maintains a sterile environment after the end of sterilization.
The best sterilizers for soothers
Previously, we reviewed the universal type sterilizers, in this category we present special devices for processing only pacifiers and teats.
Miniland on the go
The compact autonomous device for treating nipples and pacifiers Miniland On The Go is powered by AAA batteries (2 pcs.), It is convenient to take it with you on the road thanks to its compact dimensions 8.50×9.70×8.50 cm. The sterilizer works, generating ozone and ultraviolet light, which have powerful disinfectant effect. Nipples and pacifiers can be processed by placing them inside the chamber of the device, or you can turn the bottle over with the nipple down and leave for the duration of the ozonizer operation (7-8 minutes). The device turns off automatically, it is completely safe to use.
The price of the Miniland On The Go device is about 1800 rubles.
- Compact dimensions 8.50×9.70×8.50 cm;
- The minimum weight is 130 grams;
- Work from two little finger batteries;
- Automatic shutdown;
- Ultraviolet and ozone sterilization.
- Not defined.
The Timson TO-01-111 device is a budget nipple sterilizer that you can also take with you on the road. It runs on two AAA batteries, weighs only 150 grams, and its internal chamber is quite small compared to the leader, with a height of 9.5 cm, the diameter is only 7.2 cm, that is, at a time you can only process the bottom of a nipple or a dummy. The exposure time to ultraviolet waves is 6 minutes, then the device is turned off. There is no ozonizer in the sterilizer.
The average price is 450 rubles.
- Compact size, convenient to take with you;
- Fast work, sterilization in 6-7 minutes;
- Safe operation – the device does not heat up and switches off automatically.
- For small and standard teats and pacifiers up to 4.5 cm in diameter only.
Best cold sterilizer
A cold sterilizer involves the use of a special disinfectant. The device is useful on the road, when there is no access to an outlet and hot water, and it is necessary to wash bottles, nipples, fruits and other items.
The Chicco SterilBox cold sterilizer is a container (or bucket) with a handle and a lid, inside a removable stand dryer. Bottles are installed on it with the neck up for easy filling, nipples and small items are sent to a separate compartment. The kit includes a product that must be diluted with water according to the instructions and filled with a solution to the mark. Close the lid, keep the time allotted by the instructions and take out the items, rinse them with water. In the same dryer, you can leave dishes and fruits / vegetables until dry.
The dimensions of the bucket are 22 cm x 21 cm x 21.5 cm. The set includes a brush for cleaning bottles and tongs for gripping objects for sterilization.
The average price is 1800 rubles.
- Compact size, easy to take on the road;
- Suitable for washing and disinfecting fruits and vegetables, dishes;
- Safe disinfectant included;
- Convenient internal drying rack;
- Suitable for cleaning dishes and teats, for babies from birth.
- The tool will subsequently have to be purchased additionally.
- Water is needed to wash off the solution.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.