Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The bicycle remains a popular means of transportation today, when there is a car in every house, and sometimes not even one. After all, this is a great opportunity to take a walk in the fresh air and keep yourself in great shape. But buying a bike can be a bafflement for a woman. How to choose the right vehicle?
- How to choose a women's bike
- Rating of the best women's bicycles
- Best inexpensive women's bikes
- FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)
- Giant Simple Single W (2016)
- STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)
- FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)
- The best women's bicycles in terms of price-performance ratio
- Merida Juliet 7.40-D (2018)
- KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017)
- Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)
- Giant Rove Disc Lite (2016)
- Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017)
How to choose a women's bike
Women's bicycles differ from men's only in appearance. This difference is determined by the structural features of the female body. For example, the frame for the ladies' version will always be longer. Because in the event of emergency braking, a woman will jump forward, and not to the side, as a man does.
There are many other features that determine the choice of a vehicle:
- Appointment. Understand where the bike will be used. For city walks, a city or road bike is perfect. It will be convenient to ride on a flat path in the park or walk in the evening from home to the store. These models are less maneuverable, and rarely have gearshift switches, so they are not intended for forest walks or bumpy driving. Rough terrain is convenient for cross-country riding. This option has a lower fit and a lightweight frame. For long distances, it is better to choose a model with a ram's horn shape, or a road type.
- Frame welding quality. There are bicycles where pipes are welded along the entire length, and there are those where welding takes place only at the joints. The last welding option is considered to be stronger and safer.
- Frame length. You can choose the right size based on your own height. It is directly proportional to the length of the frame. For a lady with a height of up to 165 cm, a model with a length of 40 cm is suitable.With a height of up to 175 cm, the frame should be 46 cm, respectively. And for tall women from 175 to 185 cm, it is suitable with a length of 51 cm.
- Tuning. If the bike will not be used professionally, but for your own pleasure, it is better to opt for simpler options. In this case, multifunctional versions, this is an extra overpayment.
- Seat. Better anatomical, which has a suspension fork for comfortable movement.
- Ease of construction. It will also provide a comfortable and quick ride.
- Manufacturer. It is better to buy transport from reputable companies. After all, a bicycle is not only entertainment, but also a means of transportation. Therefore, it must be safe.
The last rule is especially important. Based on expert opinions and consumer feedback, we have compiled a rating of the best women's bikes.
Rating of the best women's bicycles
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best inexpensive women's bikes||1||FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)||RUB 20,300|
|2||Giant Simple Single W (2016)||RUB 22 900|
|3||STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)||RUB 14,790|
|4||FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)||RUB 13,060|
|The best women's bicycles in terms of price-performance ratio||1||Merida Juliet 7.40-D (2018)||RUB 27,000|
|2||KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017)||–|
|3||Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)||RUB 36,590|
|4||Giant Rove Disc Lite (2016)||RUB 35,500|
|5||Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017)||RUB 29,500|
Best inexpensive women's bikes
FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016)
A Russian-made bicycle, released in 2016, is perfect for urban conditions, when driving on asphalt surfaces or over rough terrain. Also, the model has proven itself excellent when moving on mountain surfaces. The frame is made of aluminum alloy, making the structure quite easy to use.
According to reviews FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016) is quite maneuverable. When driving on uneven terrain, the differences are practically not felt. In addition, FORWARD Canberra 1.0 (2016) is equipped with a trunk, which is convenient for carrying any luggage. It is also impressive that the women's bike has as many as 24 speeds, which makes it possible to use it for walking long distances.
- lightweight and agile;
- convenient when driving on rough terrain and on asphalt surfaces;
- suitable for long walks;
- has 24 speeds.
- according to some reviews it has a rather stiff saddle.
Giant Simple Single W (2016)
A worthy place in the ranking is occupied by the Giant Simple Single W bike (2016) made in Taiwan. Despite the lack of a gearshift, the model is perfect for long walks, but exclusively in urban areas. Therefore, the lack of depreciation is absolutely not felt here.
The bike has foot brakes, which is perfectly acceptable in urban conditions. In addition, the presented model has a rather comfortable seat. Thanks to this, the back does not get tired even during a long walk. A distinctive feature is the large, curved steering wheel. According to reviews, it is very convenient when driving, and the narrow one does not seem so comfortable anymore. The women's bike Giant Simple Single W (2016) has a lightweight design, making any ride a joy.
- great for urban areas and walking in parks;
- a comfortable seat that does not strain the back.
- not suitable for out-of-town trips.
STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017)
The popular company STELS has pleased its customers with the novelty Miss 6100 V V010 (2017). This is a lightweight version with an aluminum alloy frame. The bike is designed for riding on any terrain, including rough ones. The seat is seemingly nondescript and straight, but very comfortable when landing and does not allow the back to get tired. Comfort of movement is provided by the shock absorption system. The spring mechanism smooths out all bumps and other defects on the road.
In the presented model there are 21 speeds, this makes it possible to adjust the speed of movement. Therefore, it is possible to cover long distances on STELS Miss 6100 V V010 (2017) in a fairly short time.
- suitable for any road conditions;
- equipped with a comfortable shock absorption system.
- according to reviews, tires begin to wear off after a few months of use.
FORWARD Seido 26 1.0 (2018)
The fourth place in the ranking is taken by another representative of the Russian company FORWARD – the women's bicycle Seido 26 1.0 (2018). It is a convenient and maneuverable option for traveling on any roads and on rough terrain. The aluminum construction makes it easy and hassle-free to drive vehicles.
Innovative FORWARD tires allow you to pick up speed and brake on any road surface, including wet ones. And those who like high-speed driving will love the 18-speed gearbox. All modes switch easily, the mechanism works well. Mechanical brakes allow you to confidently drive vehicles even after rain in wet terrain. Also, traffic safety is ensured by a reliable shock-absorbing system that helps not to feel the drops and unevenness of the road.
- accelerates quickly;
- suitable for driving on any terrain.
- according to some reviews, the paint on the frame may wear off.
The best women's bicycles in terms of price-performance ratio
Merida Juliet 7.40-D (2018)
The women's bike made in Taiwan is incredibly agile and stylish. The frame weighing a little over 15 kg is made of aluminum alloy, which makes it easy to control transport. The hydraulic braking system provides rapid braking at the slightest touch on the brake lever. The speed switch allows you to control the bike in 27 modes. Merida Juliet 7.40-D (2018) is recommended for driving on any terrain, including rough ones.
This model is suitable for both experienced and beginner cyclists. After all, Merida Juliet 7.40-D (2018) is quite stable, which allows you to overcome the first fear of falling off the bike. It is easy to operate, even during long walks.
- reliable and stable;
- comfortable braking system;
- 27 speeds.
- you need to make several trips before getting used to landing.
KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017)
Bicycle KELLYS Royal Dutch (2017) made in Slovakia will want to buy immediately, just by looking at the stylish design. At the same time, quality serves as a weighty and pleasant bonus. The robust aluminum frame makes it easy to operate. Braking is carried out by means of the front and rear brakes. According to reviews, it makes the ride easier and gives confidence. There is protection against clothes getting into the rear wheel.
This is a purely urban model for women with 7 speeds. For added reliability, the branded tires provide a great ride. In front there is a convenient and functional basket for storing small items taken for a walk. There is no trunk for this design.
- suitable for use in urban environments;
- convenient control.
- not suitable for driving in the countryside.
Schwinn Debutante Women (2018)
Another representative of Taiwanese production, the Schwinn brand produces reliable and functional models for women. The padded saddle has a spring-loaded design that provides a smooth ride and comfort when riding on uneven surfaces. There are not many speeds here, only 3, but this is enough for long walks. The foot brake provides reliable protection when stopping and in unexpected situations on the road.
The confident ride of the women's bike is due to the Schwinn cruiser 26 x 2.25 tires. They have not only reliability, but also durability and resistance to abrasion. The frame made of aluminum alloy weighing about 15 kg allows you to operate the mechanism easily and naturally.
- ease of management;
- the convenience of use;
- no front brake.
Giant Rove Disc Lite (2016)
The next in the ranking is the women's bike Giant Rove Disc Lite (2016) made in Taiwan. It was created for lovers of a sporty driving style, as having 27 speeds, it allows you to move quickly over very long distances. Giant Rove Disc Lite (2016) is the best in weight – the frame construction is made of aluminum and weighs only 10 kg. This provides not only fast but also easy handling. Despite its light weight, the bike is quite stable and reliable.
Hydraulic disc brakes allow precise stopping in the most unexpected situations. The comfortable seat prevents back fatigue, allowing you to distribute the load evenly along the spine. In addition to the convenience and practicality of use, the model has a discreet but stylish design that lifts the mood.
- lightness of construction;
- a large number of speeds;
- suitable for a sporty riding style;
- hydraulic braking system.
- high price.
Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017)
Reliable and functional Dewolf Asphalt F3 (2017) allows you to take tourist walks on the highway. Such a bike will not work for uneven terrain, but this does not diminish its merits. The disc mechanical brake system allows you to stop the transport clearly and quickly. The lightweight aluminum frame makes the structure weightless but reliable.
There is a convenient trunk at the back, allowing you to take walks with your child. The bike is equipped with a lighting system to facilitate movement in the evening. Comfortable and reliable cushioning makes small bumps on the road invisible. The women's bike has 24 speeds, which is good for long distance rides.
- there is a trunk;
- equipped with a lighting system;
- switch for 24 speeds.
- suitable only for flat road sections.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.