Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The lambda probe is installed in the engine exhaust manifold and measures the residual oxygen. This helps determine how much fuel has not burned. Thanks to the sensor, you can help tune the vehicle's injection system to prepare the correct air-fuel mixture and reduce harmful emissions from the combustion process. We studied the companies that produce this part, and the existing reviews about them. We present you with an overview of the best manufacturers of lambda probes according to the version of our experts, which will help you navigate the variety and choose the right product for the price and quality.
- Rating of the best manufacturers of lambda probes
Rating of the best manufacturers of lambda probes
|Rating of the best manufacturers of lambda probes||1||Bosch||5.0|
Among the leaders in the review for the quality of manufactured lambda probes, the German manufacturer Bosch is in the first place. The company has existed since 1886 and has more than 350 subsidiaries in 60 countries. The manufacturer has mastered the automotive direction since 1930, when he took up diesel filters. Subsequently, after the invention of injection injection, Bosch began to manufacture fuel pumps, glow plugs, lambda probes, filters. The company owns about 4100 patents, many of which are related to the production of spare parts. According to customer reviews, it can be seen that sensors manufactured by Bosch are already supplied with lubricant on the threads. The masters also like that the wire from the connector chip is shielded and lasts longer.
According to the editors of the magazine, this manufacturer of lambda probes is the best, since it produces OE level parts, which are originals for many European cars. Another planar probe, powered by 12 V, consumes less energy and saves battery power. The service life of the sensor when driving on gasoline reaches 60,000-80000 km.
- there is grease on the thread from the store;
- supplied with a protective cap;
- two connector options in the box for connecting to the on-board network;
- can be purchased in 150 countries around the world.
- high price;
- there are many fakes on the market;
- only for models with a VIN code starting from 360 001 and above.
The Japanese corporation Denso continues our review. It has existed since 1949 and is engaged in the manufacture of parts supplied directly to conveyors Toyota, Lexus and other Japanese brands. Among the assortment: pumps, air conditioning systems, oil filters, compressors and various sensors. The company's lambda sensors are sold in a blue package called Lambda Sensor. Customer reviews show that the device turns on when the engine is first started and normalizes the formation of the fuel mixture. The on-board computer produces less consumption.
If you have a Japanese car Mitsubishi, Toyota or Lexus, and you need to replace the lambda probe, then the products of this manufacturer are the best for the price when compared with the original. Much to the surprise of some buyers, the box of an original Toyota probe may contain a Denso sensor that costs twice as much. Therefore, for lovers of original spare parts who do not want to overpay, this is the best choice.
- well suited for connectors and threads;
- installed instead of the original on Japanese cars;
- the device is immediately switched on, improving the dynamics of the engine;
- helps to reduce fuel consumption.
- copper grease is not always included – heat-resistant sealant is required;
- you can find fakes on sale;
- does not fit some European cars.
In third place is the manufacturer NGK headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. It produces glow plugs and spark plugs, wires, semiconductors and various sensors for internal combustion engines under its trademark. There is a manufacturer since 1936. The production of goods is carried out at 20 factories. Oxygen sensors are shipped in a tight box with multilingual instructions. In the reviews, buyers share that the lambda probe from this manufacturer immediately brings the engine back to normal, even in cases when the car could not accelerate before replacing the first 500 m (lean mixture). But the connector will not fit all cars, so you need to cut it off the old sensor and solder it, observing the color of the wires.
Our experts consider this manufacturer to be the best due to the increased sensitivity of the sensor. For this, the holes on the lambda probe are not made in the form of four holes, as in most, but with slots, which increases the area for air passage. Thanks to this, the device passes more exhaust gases through itself and more accurately determines the remaining oxygen. This helps to better tune the operation of the power unit.
- contributes to the smooth operation of the engine immediately after starting;
- gasoline consumption is reduced by 0.5-0.8 liters;
- produced in Japan;
- operating temperature up to -40 degrees.
- for replacement, you need a special key for 22 with a slot;
- the connector chip does not fit all cars, so you have to re-solder.
The manufacturer from the Czech Republic continues the review. The brand was founded in 1993. Basically, the company only packs products from other companies, so the quality can be different. The priority area is the sale of spare parts, including lambda probes, for European cars. Since the reviews on the Internet about the quality of products are different, and of course there are situations with returns, the company's management recently revised its list of suppliers and reduced it to more reliable ones, so it is hoped that parts will get better.
According to the editorial board of our magazine, this manufacturer is the best, since it produces universal lambda probes. An exact search for a spare part is not required in the catalog so that all the numbers up to the last match. The device will adequately read the readings in both a 105 hp engine and a 180 hp engine. If there are difficulties with ordering an original part (it is difficult to get it, delivery in a month or more, high cost), then use the products of this manufacturer, which are suitable for any car.
- there is a protective plastic cap;
- the price is slightly cheaper than Bosch and other brands;
- no need to select by car make (installed on BMW, Audi, Mercedes);
- easy to buy in any city.
- there is 1 cm of uncovered wires between the sleeve and the cables;
- sells goods from other manufacturers.
In fifth place is the manufacturer Stellox. The brand is registered in Germany, but manufacturing facilities are located in Taiwan and China. The company specializes in the production of lambda probes. Spare parts are suitable for Japanese, European, Korean and Chinese cars. The products are manufactured only for passenger cars. The manufacturer is trying to cover the needs of as many motorists as possible, so it launched the production of narrowband and wideband sensors with lambda detection at a value of less than one and in values of 0.7-1.6 V. In the reviews, buyers like the affordable price and the opportunity to buy a spare part in any city.
We consider this manufacturer to be the best in the range of lambda probes. It produces sensors with the number of wires from 1 to 6, which satisfies the demand of both the owners of domestic cars and foreign cars – only 70% of cars operated in Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus. There are also finger and plate models on sale. The manufacturer's catalog contains about 100 articles of lambda probes.
- affordable cost;
- easy to install;
- guaranteed to last for several years;
- there are universal sensors and individual applicability.
- not produced in Germany;
- may give incorrect readings in working order;
- no lambda probes for trucks.
The sixth position is given to the Japanese NTK. Although this brand is released under its own name in branded packaging, in fact it is a division of NGK. The manufacturer created a separate branch in 1982. The company released the first lambda probe for reducing exhaust gas emissions in 1997. The range includes both titanium dioxide and zirconium dioxide sensors. To make the sensor work more accurately, ceramic coated heating elements are used to maintain a stable temperature. In the brand catalog, you can find 986 different lambda probes, suitable for 81% of all existing cars with gasoline engines. In the reviews, drivers especially praise the OZA624-E5 model, which noticeably adds dynamics to the motor.
We have included the manufacturer in the review of the best, because it has the best price-quality ratio. A lambda probe is several times cheaper than Bosch, but it can last from 30 to 40 thousand km. The resource, of course, is slightly less than that of German spare parts (Bosch works for 60 thousand km), but significant savings are obtained during repairs.
- significantly improves dynamics;
- a visible decrease in consumption (up to 2 liters, depending on the engine volume);
- implements universal models suitable for both 'Niva' and 'Mitsubishi';
- easy connection thanks to the same wire colors on the old and new sensor.
- few holes on the cylinder screwed into the manifold;
- sold not in a box, but in a package (may be damaged when sent by mail);
- there is no connector chip in the package – you just need to re-solder from the old one.
In seventh place is a manufacturer from Taiwan. The company was founded in 1982 and quickly entered the global market. Initially, the parts were shipped to North America, and now they are sold in 100 countries. The catalog contains over 1800 product names. The manufacturer produces ignition coils, lambda probes, flow meters and other sensors. Such a narrow specialization allows you to delve into technologies specifically for measuring oxygen consumption and produce more accurate instruments. Today the factories of the company operate in Taiwan and China. The company is part of the More Group alliance. In the reviews, buyers note the sensitivity of the OS-04 model, which accurately reads the remaining oxygen in the exhaust, which improves the operation of the internal combustion engine.
In our opinion, the manufacturer is the best due to the opportunity to buy a lambda probe directly on the official website, and not through intermediaries. The Internet resource is in Russian, which is very convenient. The site has a clear search system by brand, model and year of production. This way you can save even more when replacing parts.
- normalizes gasoline consumption;
- have ISO 9001, 14001 and QS9000 certificates;
- the lambda design has a dense gasket for increased tightness;
- you can buy with or without a chip.
- unstable quality;
- there is no thread lubricant in the packed product.
In the penultimate place in our review, the domestic manufacturer 'Startvolt'. The brand appeared in 2010, and the corporation is headed by V. I. Shibaev, Candidate of Technical Sciences. The 'business card' of the enterprise is generators and starters, thanks to which the company gained fame throughout the CIS. Lambda probes, microprocessors, relays, diode bridges and other products are produced along the way for the assortment. The products are suitable for all domestic cars, as well as brands Daewoo, Hyundai, Chevrolet, KIA, SsangYong. Oxygen sensors are universal without a connector and individual. Judging by the reviews, for some users they have worked up to 40,000 km.
We consider the manufacturer to be the best, due to the sensor's ability to average fuel consumption. After installing the lambda, the total gasoline consumption rate can drop to 3 liters. Additionally, the difference between the consumption on the highway and in the city is reduced. For example, if a car has this ratio of 8/12 liters, then here it will be 10/10 liters. This is especially beneficial for motorists who operate the car most of the time in the city.
- removes dark exhaust smoke (assuming normal compression and oil scraper rings);
- ensures complete combustion of fuel and clean spark plugs;
- organization of the enterprise under the control of the Bosch group;
- some of the products are assembled at a production site in South Korea.
- when the engine warms up, the revolutions 'jump' from 1 to 2 thousand;
- sometimes there is not enough voltage amplitude and gives an error (Check lights up).
The review is concluded by ACHR, a company founded in 1994 in China. The factory is located in Wenzhou city. The company has been producing lambda probes for the last 10 years. The brand's philosophy is the slogan: 'Affordability with high quality'. This confirms the presence of certificates TS16949, ISO 14001, 9001, 18001. The manufacturer's catalog contains more than 2000 articles of oxygen analyzers that cover the needs of popular car brands. Buyers in the reviews like that the kit contains everything you need to install a spare part: clamps, a clamp and heat shrink tubes to isolate the contacts.
We consider the manufacturer to be the best because of the production of lambda probes with a particularly robust housing. This helps to easily screw it into the exhaust manifold without fear of damaging the part. Thanks to the thickened iron in the design, the sensor will not break off when it collides with ice that gets under the car. This is true for those who do not have underbody protection or there is a wide clearance between it and the body, where the compressed snow gets in in winter.
- 9 Ohm resistance is the same as original sensor requirements;
- eliminates jerks and dips in the internal combustion engine;
- removes the 'Check' sunburn error;
- tight packing is suitable for mailing.
- a special replacement head is needed;
- there are fakes;
- the muffler can 'mumble' after reaching a speed of 120 km / h.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.