Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Need the use of engine oil in all cars is the same – provide constant lubrication of rubbing parts in a timely manner removing heat and preventing frictional wear. However, different engines have different specifics of work, which reflects on the need for the use of strictly defined oils classes and tolerances. This article is edited by regular editors. the experts tried to figure out which of the oils best-selling for Kia Rio – Korean small car.
- Factory Engine Oil Requirements for Kia Rio
- Rating of the best engine oils for Kia Rio
- Best Synthetic Oils for Kia Rio
- SHELL Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W-30
- TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future EcoB 5W-20
- Castrol Magnatec Professional E 5W-20
- LIQUI MOLY Synthoil High Tech 5W-30
- Motul Specific 948B 5W20
- MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30
- The best semi-synthetic oils for Kia Rio
- SHELL Helix HX7 5W-30
- LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation 5W-20
- Motul 6100 SAVE-lite 5W20
Factory Engine Oil Requirements for Kia Rio
The first and most important requirement for the content of the engine is timely oil change after a certain run. For Kia Rio the recommended interval is 10 thousand kilometers, however professionals recommend a shift after reaching 80-90% resource development (that is, every 8-9 thousand kilometers).
Among other things, it should be understood that when choosing oil it is necessary focus not only on the name, but also on the quality class. On the current stage release Kia Rio manufacturers prescribe use in an oil lubrication system with a quality not lower than API SN and ILSAC GF-5 – these are the optimum admissions guaranteeing long and stable engine operation over the entire life cycle.
Other characteristics specified in the manual to car look like this:
- recommended brand of engine oil – SHELL Helix;
- filling volume – from 3.30 to 3.49 liters;
- optimum operating temperatures for recommended viscosity classes – from -30 to +50 ° С (given values characteristic for oils from 5W20 to 20W50);
- level according to API Service classification (American engine oil classification system) – from 4 and above.
Rating of the best engine oils for Kia Rio
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price per liter|
|Best Synthetic Oils for Kia Rio||1||SHELL Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W-30||520 rub|
|2||TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future EcoB 5W-20||591 rub|
|3||Castrol Magnatec Professional E 5W-20||523 rub|
|4||LIQUI MOLY Synthoil High Tech 5W-30||1 040 rub.|
|5||Motul Specific 948B 5W20||1 086 rub.|
|6||MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30||812 rub|
|The best semi-synthetic oils for Kia Rio||1||SHELL Helix HX7 5W-30||320 rub|
|2||LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation 5W-20||931 rub|
|3||Motul 6100 SAVE-lite 5W20||711 rub|
Best Synthetic Oils for Kia Rio
SHELL Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W-30
As prescribed by the recommendations, the leader among synthetic oil is becoming another SHELL product. Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W-30 – composition developed by the application of special technology for the distillation of natural gas, without the content of impurity elements and the negative properties of oil products. An addition to the basic framework is an entire package. active additives, an important role among which is assigned to detergents components. Emphasis on them is the main feature of the oil, the task which lies in the impeccable preservation of internal cleanliness engine parts.
According to the technical specifications of SHELL Helix Ultra Professional AM-L 5W-30 works great in low temperature (freezes at -45 ° C), due to which it provides lightweight engine starting even in severe frosts. Has optimal viscosity indicators (69.02 mm2 / s at 40 ° C) and thereby increasing the efficiency of the engine, however, not by much (power increase is not higher than 1.7-2.1%). Totally coincides API SN / SF standards, and thus ideally Suitable for use in Kia Rio
- contributes to power gains in Kia Rio engines (1.7-2.1%);
- withstands up to -45 ° C;
- possesses pronounced washing functions;
- provides a reliable mechanism for lubricating parts with the formation of a durable oil film.
- not found.
TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future EcoB 5W-20
The second contender for leadership in the ranking becomes low viscosity synthetics with a predominance of harm reduction mechanisms exhaust and motor cleaning function. Thanks to the thin and the most complete purification of the composition from sulfur and phosphorus, the oil has optimizing effect on the catalyst, thereby reducing its production rate and the release of harmful compounds into the atmosphere.
In addition, the structure of TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future EcoB 5W-20 reduces fuel consumption by an average of 3.35% (ACEA M111FE test score), which gives a good economic effect when applied over a long time period. According to users, despite the reduced viscosity, the oil provides lightweight engine start in the cold season, but signs solidification begin to appear already at -30 ° C. In this respect its effectiveness is questionable, but not all regions Russia is exposed to such severe frosts. In aggregate positive, it is a good alternative to the line of oils from SHELL, with comparable workforce and market performance cost.
- explicit emphasis on environmental friendliness;
- reduction in fuel consumption by more than 3% (compared with reference oil);
- pronounced detergent-dispersant function (comprehensive protection against solid deposits);
- the service life is comparable with the oils of the SHELL line.
- sometimes in the secondary market there are fakes.
Castrol Magnatec Professional E 5W-20
The third line of the rating was awarded to Castrol oil. Magnatec with CM Intelligent Technology Molecules, which affects the synthetic composition on molecular level. Ultimately, the Professional E 5W-20 has a motor complex effect, expressed not only in lubricating, cleansing and cooling properties, but also in creating on the surface metal parts dense modified film resistant to thermochemical effect. This film provides protection engine at the most vulnerable moment of its operation – at start-up, when the lubricant rests in the oil pan.
Despite reduced viscosity Castrol Magnatec Professional E 5W-20 is excellent at working in cold conditions, freezing completely only at a temperature of -45 ° C. An excellent indicator that facilitates the launch of the engine in frosts. According to users, this composition perfectly withstands 10 thousandth runs, giving, with moderate operation of the car, the ability to drive another 1-2 thousand kilometers without losing useful properties. This is a great oil, which is successfully driven on a car American and Korean production (including Kia Rio).
- high stability of the composition when the temperature changes;
- core technology Castrol Magnatec Inteligent Molecules;
- allows you to drive more than the estimated interval on one pouring (without loss of properties of the cleansing and protective action).
- high price per liter.
LIQUI MOLY Synthoil High Tech 5W-30
The fourth line of the rating goes to the traditionally high-quality Liqui Moly product. In other circumstances, it could claim a higher place, but in comparison with its competitors the manifestation is somewhat … standard. All operational The characteristics were balanced, and there was no clear emphasis on manufacturers did not intend to place anything. However, a couple of points can still be mentioned: for example, a very large supply working resource (about 12-13 thousand kilometers). Thanks the extended additive package, the oil ages extremely slowly, practically does not lend itself to oxidation and is not wasted on waste, which for The new Kia Rio engines is a rather sore subject.
Good viscosity parameters in Synthoil High Tech 5W-30 interspersed with resistance to temperature changes, and in the cold, and in the heat, starting the engine is quite easy. Synthetics Feels great in the cold, freezing only at -45 ° C. IN there’s nothing more to say here: consumers are very satisfied the operation process, in particular, a large work resource. AND as for the price parameters … we conclude this: in terms of quality, it quite adequate.
- extended replacement interval (12-13 thousand kilometers);
- very balanced composition, effectively solving the whole circle engine oil tasks;
- optimal viscosity parameters (11.6 mm2 / s at 100 ° C).
- high price, leveled by product quality.
Motul Specific 948B 5W20
The development of this synthetics was carried out taking into account the features of the engines Ford, by whose order, in fact, was initiated the whole development process. However, the end result was very universal: Motul Specific 948B 5W20 has been successfully applied and in Jaguar engines, and in the Land Rover lineup, and in a number of budget small class cars, which is also our main model Kia Rio.
Unlike competitors in rating, this synthetics has tolerance for mixing with other types of oils, up to mineral (however, we still do not recommend producing this). The composition is different high degree of purification from impurities (sulfate ash exceeds 0.78% of the total mass of oil), almost neutral indicator of alkaline number (pH 8), as well as good resistance to work in the cold. When heated to 150 ° C, the HTHS viscosity oil, according to ASTM D4741 tests, is 2.6 MPa. condition very borderline, and in case of temperature changes to the side increase the probability of violation of the integrity of the oil film. Be that as it may, in normal condition Motul Specific 948B The 5W20 works great and is a popular choice among owners of Kia Rio and cars of a similar class.
- high quality workmanship;
- oil development process authorized by Ford (special order);
- fine cleaning of the composition from impurity elements;
- optimal lubrication and cleaning parameters of the engine.
- high price per liter.
MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30
Synthetic universal oil suitable for use in diesel and gasoline engines. Implements and includes many features to ensure acceptable conditions works in a negative way (and these are the words of users) affects the size of the resource.
However, if you want to have fun, and 8 thousand kilometers for you – an acceptable figure, then MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30 will do not better. Sharpening under difficult working conditions (with catalysts, turbocharging and particulate filters) positively affects power indicators (1.9% power increase), as well as contributes to small fuel savings (2.43%) by reducing friction loss in knots. Like Motul Specific, this oil may boast a high degree of purification: the proportion of sulfate ash in its weight does not exceed 0.8%, which protects the engine from residual draft. Another strength of the MOBIL 1 ESP 5W-30 is pour point. The loss of fluidity is observed at -48 ° C, and such an indicator is very good in Siberia. Product deserved a number of enthusiastic reviews from owners of small cars, with small complaints in the direction of high prices.
- reinforced formula developed for use in diesel and gasoline engines;
- solidifies at -48 ° C;
- high degree of purification from impurities (the proportion of sulfate ash is 0.8% by weight of oil);
- increase in power and efficiency by reducing friction losses.
- smaller than competitors work resource;
- High price factor due to versatility.
The best semi-synthetic oils for Kia Rio
SHELL Helix HX7 5W-30
According to all canons of recommendations from manufacturers on the first step oil rating for Kia Rio gets semisynthetics SHELL Helix HX7 5W-30, whose working potential is estimated at 6 thousand kilometers. It is perfect for working in used engines of old models, since it contains a mineral base, and will not superfluous in brand new cars whose motors have not yet touched destructive wear mechanism.
Temperature framework theoretical operation of this “universal” product are limited to -48 and 244 ° C, which is the point of complete freezing and flash in the open crucible, respectively. In addition to approval from Korean Automobile manufacturer, SHELL Helix HX7 5W-30 is recommended for use in cars of the brand Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz, as well as meets the requirements of four specifications (including there is also an interesting SN API). This is a very good oil, which suitable for all lovers of reliability, economy and not overdoing it with an aggressive driving style.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- one of the oils recommended by Kia manufacturers;
- works well in both new and old, worn out engines
- contributes to fuel economy due to reduced friction.
- slightly loses stability when driving on the road.
LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation 5W-20
One step from leadership (due to lack of recommendation manufacturer) stopped semi-synthetics LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation 5W-20, which was based on technology HC synthesis. In addition, a special series was added to the additives. Mlygen development aimed at improving methods cleaning the engine of solid sediment compounds, corrosion and other pollutants.
Although the pH of the oil is at neutral level (pH 7.2), the additive complex contains components that neutralize the effects of acids. Lubrication functions Molygen New Generation 5W-20 Contributes to Significant Reduction coefficient of friction between parts, increasing fuel economy and increasing power (unfortunately, specific research data for these items is not given). The final point is To note the presence of 15 approvals and approvals from automakers: American (Chrysler, General Motors, Ford), Japanese (Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, Subaru) and Korean (Hyundai, Kia).
- acceptable cost indicators;
- high quality composition based on HC synthesis;
- the additive package contains a Molygen component that improves engine cleaning processes;
- up to 6 thousand kilometers;
- 15 tolerances and approvals from American and Asian manufacturers.
- not found.
Motul 6100 SAVE-lite 5W20
It just so happened that the Motul 6100 SAVE-lite 5W20 became the third representative of semi-synthetic oils suitable for work in Kia Rio car engines. The development of this composition was sanctioned by a number of American manufacturers who, in fact, they gave approval for using it as part of their cars (these are Chrysler, General Motors and Ford).
The prefix “SAVE” in the name of the oil speaks of sharpening under preservation of engine life by timely cleaning from solid deposits and neutralization of aggressive environments, corrosive processes. Low pour point Motul 6100 SAVE-lite 5W20 does not make it possible to use the composition in severe frosts, but to some extent, lightweight engine start still provides (up to about -20 ° C). Of course, compared with opponents it is not subject to, nor by an indirect indicator of the number of approvals and tolerances, nor by technical specifications. However, the owners of Rio This oil is in love. A popular assessment (opinion) often means much more than the notorious comparison indicators.
- composition providing an integrated approach to motor protection with the purpose of preserving its working resource;
- high popularity among owners of Kia Rio;
- good oxidation resistance and wear resistance;
- the working resource is estimated at 6 thousand kilometers.
- narrow temperature range of work;
- pretty high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.