Review of the best according to the editorial board. About selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
No amount of hair removal with sugar and wax will completely replace women's shaving – this method of temporary getting rid of body hair is completely painless and helps to achieve perfect skin smoothness. However, the machine still fades into the background when the electric shaver appears. Is it different from those with which men shave their faces? It turns out that there are still differences, but they are insignificant, mainly the difference in design and in the size of the working head. We present a rating of the 7 best women's electric shavers, and also tell you how to choose the right tool for the right hair type and other parameters.
- Selection recommendations
- Rating of the best women's electric shavers
- Best Electric Shavers
- Beurer HL35
- Braun LS 5160 Silk and Soft Body Shave
- Philips BRL140 SatinShave Advanced
- SolStick Mini
- BRADEX KZ 0541
- Remington WSF4810
- Gezatone DP 508
An electric shaver differs from a machine, and not only in design:
- It does not irritate or damage the skin;
- No bristle effect – the razor cuts the hairs, rounding its edge;
- You can depilate the skin on dry, in the shower, in the bathroom.
- However, the right shaver needs to be chosen to achieve the best results. To do this, you need to consider several parameters of the tool.
By type of electric shaver there are:
- Rotary type with circular motion of the blades. This is the safest and most versatile electric shaver for women. The movable single head on the ergonomic handle adapts perfectly to the curves of the body. Gears with knives rotate very quickly, cutting off hairs without touching the skin. The electric shaver is suitable for all hair types.
- The mesh with a shaving unit under the mesh cuts off the hairs passing through the holes of the fine mesh. This type of razor is more suitable for working with coarse and dark hairs on all areas of the body. Electric shavers for women can have 1-2 blocks, but the more there are, the better the cut and the cleaner shave.
- Trimmers are, rather, a separate type of device, and yet they are intended to cut hairs on the body. The main unit usually comes with different attachments – brushes and combs to fix the length of the hair before cutting.
In addition to the design features, you should decide on the method of shaving. Dry shaving among women is not the most popular type of depilation, so to work in the shower, you need to look for a device with a waterproof case. Wet and dry all-round razors are popular.
What else you need to pay attention to:
- It's good if the head is movable – not all razors have this function, but it is this function that will help to work out the most inaccessible parts of the body (bikini, armpits).
- Nozzles included, usually 1-4 pieces. They will be needed when you need not only to shave off the hairs, but also to trim, work out the line of growth of the eyebrow or bikini. This also includes the presence of a lever that regulates the length of the hair cut when using replaceable combs.
- The presence of a battery will allow you to take the shaver with you wherever you go and use it when there is no power supply. The capacity of the built-in batteries is important – it can hold a charge from 30 to 120 minutes on average. There are electric shavers powered by AA batteries.
- A stand for storing and recharging the shaver will not be superfluous.
- It is equally important to get acquainted with the reviews for each device, because they will tell about the quality of the product much more eloquently than the well-stated technical characteristics and artistic description in the catalog.
Rating of the best women's electric shavers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Electric Shavers||1||Beurer HL35||RUB 3,500|
|2||Braun LS 5160 Silk and Soft Body Shave||RUB 2,000|
|3||Philips BRL140 SatinShave Advanced||2 300 rub.|
|4||SolStick Mini||RUB 2,700|
|5||BRADEX KZ 0541||RUB 1,800|
|6||Remington WSF4810||RUB 2,000|
|7||Gezatone DP 508||RUB 600|
Best Electric Shavers
Now let's look at the most popular models of electric shavers for women.
This electric shaver provides probably the smoothest shave ever for all hair types and all body areas. Foam shaving design features LED lighting for better viewing of hairs in the treated area. The shaving head is flexible and adapts to the curves of the body. The manufacturer has equipped the Beurer HL35 with a peeling attachment, which helps to remove dead skin cells and at the same time prevents ingrown hairs. By the way, the mesh does not cause irritation, as is usually the case with sensitive epidermis.
The electric shaver from the German manufacturer Beurer is suitable for work in dry and in the shower, and for convenient storage it has a suspension ear. By the way, the device is equipped with a built-in battery that can work autonomously for about half an hour, but it will take all 120 minutes to replenish the charge.
- The mesh does not irritate the skin;
- Removal of keratinized epidermis;
- Perfectly close shave;
- Suitable for wet and dry shaving;
- There are interchangeable nozzles and built-in lighting.
- Short battery life and long charging time.
Braun LS 5160 Silk and Soft Body Shave
Another ladies' electric shaver with a mesh block in our review is the Braun LS 5160 Silk and Soft Body Shave. It is waterproof, so it is suitable for hair removal in the shower. She has a replaceable trimmer attachment in the kit, and, like the previous device, it does an excellent job of cleansing the skin of keratinized particles of the epidermis without causing irritation. The shaving head is rounded, so the work out of the body bends occurs smoothly and carefully, however, the block is stationary, and this is a minus.
As already mentioned, the set includes 2 interchangeable attachments: a special one for peeling, a comb for straightening hairs. The users note the ease of use of the device and the ideal smoothness of the skin, which lasts up to several days – the hairs are rounded when cut, and not remain with a sharp end, which gives a feeling of stinging.
What the shaver lacks is its own battery, the device runs on batteries, depending on their capacity, up to 90 minutes. Fortunately, taking into account the shortcomings, the Braun LS 5160 Silk and Soft Body Shave razor costs only 2,000 rubles.
- Waterproof construction;
- Trimmer and peeling attachment included;
- Autonomous work up to 1.5 hours;
- Rounded head shape.
- No built-in battery;
- The shaving unit is stationary.
Philips BRL140 SatinShave Advanced
The Philips BRL140 SatinShave Advanced electric shaver is the golden mean in the price-quality ratio. The device has 3 attachments – peeling, trimmer, slip enhancer. They help not only get rid of unnecessary hair on any part of the body, but also take care of the skin, keeping it in good shape. The ergonomic shape of the body and the floating shaving unit make it easy to use. The device has a waterproof case, there is an internal battery that lasts up to 60 minutes of operation, but it charges for 8 hours!
With Philips BRL140 SatinShave Advanced you can shave dry or wet. Women are enthusiastic about the device, celebrating excellent results in a short time. They like both the attachments and the convenience of the case, the only disappointment is the failure of the device after 2-3 years, which is quite fast for Philips products. But the manufacturer took care of the safety of storage – he offered a travel cover for the kit.
- Floating shaving head;
- 3 nozzles;
- Waterproof case;
- Travel cover.
- Relatively short service life;
- Very long charge 480 minutes.
The first in the ranking Japanese-made SolStick Mini rotary mini electric shaver is ideal for depilation of legs, armpits and bikini area, even for the face. It is one of the safest and at the same time effective in the type group – it has a two-level blade system made up of a special combination of cutting surfaces. They capture thick, thin hairs that are pressed against the skin and cut them, rotating towards the inside of the nozzle. The blades are made of very thin 0.1 mm stainless steel, which is self-sharpening inside the shaving unit structure.
The electric shaver can be used for wet and dry depilation, but care must be taken with water – moisture should not get into the battery compartment. By the way, the size of the device is ideal for a woman's cosmetic bag, the pancake block is only 11 cm, and the diameter is 3 cm. However, at the same time, the size is a problem – hair removal takes a long time due to the minimal contact surface. The working head of the device is motionless.
- Compact dimensions;
- Works even the thinnest and shortest hairs;
- Waterproof case;
- Several body colors to choose from.
- Not all users had a satisfactory effect – they find a marriage;
BRADEX KZ 0541
The most versatile women's electric shaver in the rating is BRADEX KZ 0541. Although it is more of a trimmer with attachments, the device was included in our review, because it is also used to remove unwanted hair from the skin of the armpits, bikini area, nose, and eyebrow growth line. For all these tasks, there are separate attachments – there are 4 of them plus one brush for cleaning the skin.
The BRADEX KZ 0541 trimmer has a built-in battery, but it only lasts for 1.5-2 hours of operation. The body is not protected from water, therefore the device can only be used on dry skin. Its compact size allows you to take the appliance with you on a trip or carry it in your purse every day. The manufacturer packed the attachments and razor in a nice travel pouch.
- 4 nozzles included;
- Compact size for a handbag;
- Works with short and long hairs;
- The optimal price for a set.
- The housing is not protected against water.
In the line of the renowned manufacturer of body care devices Remington there is an electric shaver WSF4810. She has a mesh block with blades that is safe for the skin – the hairs penetrate into the small holes of the lattice and are cut off in it. The block itself is located slightly at an angle, which makes it easier to work out the curves of the body, although the head has no mobility. The mesh that protects the blades does not irritate the skin, but helps to lift the lying hairs, making the depilation process as clean as possible. By the way, the Remington WSF4810 is suitable for both wet and dry Remington WSF4810 shaves, which women note as a positive characteristic of the device.
The electric shaver is powered by little finger batteries, which is convenient on the road, but impractical in everyday life – with frequent use of the shaver, you will have to regularly change the batteries.
- For wet and dry shaving;
- Integrated trimmer with inclined mesh;
- There is a suspension loop.
- There are no replaceable attachments.
Gezatone DP 508
The last device in our review is a compact electric trimmer for correcting the hairline on the face and in the bikini area. Gezatone DP 508 is very small – it is 13.2 cm long and 2.5 cm in diameter, it fits into a small women's handbag without any problems. The device has a shaving attachment that performs well in cutting hairs, a double-sided comb for trimming hair, and a brush for cleaning the working area.
The Gezatone DP 508 trimmer is suitable exclusively for dry shaving. Power is provided by only one AAA battery, there is no battery inside. Fortunately, the power consumption of a pen-sized device is minimal, the battery capacity is enough for several hours.
By the way, Gezatone DP 508 is also the cheapest device in our rating.
- Trimmer with shaving attachment;
- Long-term consumption of AAA batteries;
- Compact trimmer dimensions;
- There is a cap;
- Low price.
- For dry shaving only.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.