Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Terrariums are called plastic or glass, specially equipped container in which reptiles can be kept and amphibians. Sometimes, the terrarium is partially filled with water, to grow snakes, toads, turtles and other exotic inhabitants of reservoirs. Designers use aquatorrariums for planting and caring for tropical plants. And in some cases, terrariums become home to several types of pets at once. To create optimal conditions for living animals, given features of their content, it is necessary to competently approach the choice terrarium.
- How to choose a terrarium
- Rating of the best terrariums
- Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium, 73.5 x 55 x 75
- Exo Terra with doors, coverslip and background 90x45x45
- Repti Zoo 0119RK precast, 900 450 450 mm
- MEIJING silver with lamp 51x35x22
- Aquatlantis tortum for turtles
- AquaEl 60 600x300x300
- Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide 30x30x30 cm
How to choose a terrarium
- Kinds. The aquaterrariums are used for animals, large part time spent in water. They are aquariums with a small land area, where after swimming you can bask under the rays of the lamp. Paludariums are suitable for plants and animals, those in need of a greater ratio of land to water 2: 1. Often they have 2 or 3 floors, where the ground floor is for bathing, on the second – a house, and on the third – a platform with a lamp.
- Volume. Each animal requires a certain free space. If the terrarium is too small, animals can get sick and even die.
- Material for the manufacture of terrariums. Usually, terrariums are made of glass or high-quality plastic. On top is a plastic cover with ventilation holes.
- Additional items. For every animal There are certain requirements for the conditions of detention. To many amphibians need a heating lamp, others are especially important balanced moisture level to measure which a hygrometer is required. For the content of some species of reptiles need to connect additional equipment, for which terrariums have special openings.
Modern manufacturers offer a wide range all kinds of terrariums to recreate the conditions of the savannah, marshland or rain forest, depending on conditions habitats to which exotic residents are accustomed. Introducing ranking of the most popular terrarium models that deserve most popular among buyers.
Rating of the best terrariums
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best terrariums||1||Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium||39980 rub.|
|2||Exo Terra 90x45x45cm||21054 rub.|
|3||Repti Zoo 0119RK||19 110 rub.|
|4||MEIJING 51x35x22cm||5890 rub.|
|5||Aquatlantis tortum for turtles||2502 rub.|
|6||AquaEl 600x300x300||6,290 rubles|
|7||Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide||4578 rub.|
Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium, 73.5 x 55 x 75
Especially successful, in our opinion, the Aqua-Tarrium terrarium from Lucky Reptile ranks first in our ranking. In it you can contain turtles, water snakes and fish, toads and even crabs. Also Perhaps the joint content of reptiles and fish. Another given terrarium can be used for growing tropical plants.
It is noteworthy that Aqua-Tarrium is divided into two zones – the zone swimming and the area of the so-called “dry” rest. Specially designed paludarium-florarium allows you to recreate for pets not only the tropics, but also equip a pond, with a depth of 20 cm. After long water procedures, animals will be able to receive a dose UV light in a specially equipped area. Aqua-Tarrium has flow ventilation and reliable automatic lock. If you need to install additional equipment, you can remove the top cover.
Manufacturer: Germany. Dimensions: 73.5 cm x 55 cm x 75 cm (W x L x B). Available in black and white. Cost: from 35000 rub.
- Terrarium with aqua zone;
- Allows you to contain reptiles and grow plants;
- Easy access to filter maintenance and cleaning;
- An insulating rear panel that prevents heat loss;
- Strong lock;
- Equipped with heat and ultraviolet generator;
- Allows you to keep fish and reptiles together.
- High price.
Exo Terra with doors, coverslip and background 90x45x45
On the second step, we placed a terrarium from the manufacturer Exo Terra, developed by European herpetologists. Provided for home content of amphibians and reptiles. Made of thick-walled glass, the background is decorated in the form of natural stone.
To facilitate access to the inner chamber, the top cover removed and the front doors open. Special system constipation allows you to open the doors separately so that animals do not fled. A patented ventilation system allows you to create optimal microclimate in the terrarium. Due to imitation natural background, animals can feel in the natural environment.
The mesh cover provides excellent ventilation, allowing penetrate ultraviolet and infrared radiation inside. IN holes for wires where you can install heating stones, measuring instruments or waterfalls. The bottom panel is equipped with legs, so there is the ability to connect a heating element. Tall a glass rim in front allows you to pour a thicker layer substrate for burrowing animals or creating a waterfall.
Dimensions: 90x45x45cm. Weight: 25 kg. Manufacturer: Canada. Cost: from 20,000 rubles.
- The increased bottom area;
- Locks on the doors;
- Well thought out ventilation;
- Opening doors;
- Mesh on the cover for ventilation;
- Silicate glass walls;
- Decorative background.
- High price.
Repti Zoo 0119RK precast, 900 450 450 mm
Terrarium from the Chinese manufacturer Repti Zoo, takes in Expertology ranking third stage. This model is universal and suitable for containing almost all types of amphibians and reptiles, as well as some subspecies of aquatic turtles.
Cover and ventilation wall (side) made of metal micro mesh, and an adjustable hole can use to connect additional equipment. The Repti Zoo Terrarium has a sealed water pallet.
Country producer: China. Dimensions: 91.4 x 45.7 x 45.7 cm. Production materials: plastic, metal, glass. Price: from 15000 rub.
- Hinged comfortable doors;
- Terrarium made of durable silicate glass;
- There is a hole for connecting additional equipment;
- Ventilated side and top panel;
- The combined model is convenient in transportation and storage;
- High price.
MEIJING silver with lamp 51x35x22
The budget MEIJING aqua-terrarium with lighting, which is excellent suitable for various types of turtles, as well as small species of fish and reptiles. The aquaterrarium is made of silicate glass having 0.5 cm thick. In our ranking is placed on the fourth position.
The terrarium has a streamlined shape, so it fits perfectly into any interior. The model is equipped with a fluorescent lamp lamp (24Wh51cm) with a switch under which animals can sunbathing.
MEIJING Aquarium manufactures aquaterrariums that have gained great popularity with buyers. Due to the curved shape, MEIJING terrariums have stylish appearance, and affordable price allows you to equip picturesque tropical corner without sacrificing budget.
Manufacturer: China. Weight: 8kg. Volume: 0,073. Dimensions: 0.35×0.55×038. Cost: from 5000 rubles.
- Budget model;
- Glass case 0.5 cm;
- Interesting design;
- Equipped with a fluorescent lamp.
- Not found.
Aquatlantis tortum for turtles
The Tortum range is designed specifically for turtles, providing their natural habitat and including all necessary components for comfortable animal care. Are made such terrariums are made of glass and have the same cover. In our ranking, we placed Aquatlantis Tortum on the fifth step.
The Tortum 100 model has a filter system TK-500, which provides purity and safety of freshness of water due to 2 filter elements – coal and foam. Coal eliminates micro particles algae, and the foam layer – small particles contained in water. The filter is capable of driving up to 420 liters of water per hour. Fastens with using suction cups to the wall. There is also a system in the terrarium lighting (LED 22 W) with low safety voltage, which placed in a metal box.
Dimensions: L 100 x W 40 x H 30 cm (120 L) with two ramps. Colour: the black. Price: from 9000 rubles. Country of Origin: Portugal.
- Terrarium specifically for turtles;
- 2-stage filter for water purification;
- A lighting system is provided;
- The volume is designed for 120 liters.
- Not found.
AquaEl 60 600x300x300
Silicate glass terrarium, from the Polish company AquaEl, intended for reptiles invertebrates, stands on sixth place. The aquarium has specially designed doors, avoiding the escape of the animal.
The model is equipped with a ventilation system that supports optimal humidity level and excellent air circulation. Cap made by innovative injection technology, thanks which it holds very tightly and does not warp. At the opening, condensate that has accumulated on the underside flows down the grooves back into the aquarium, not spilled behind the aquarium.
Country of origin: Poland. Material: silicate glass. Dimensions: 600x300x300. Weight: 8.51. Price: from 5000 rub.
- Sealed aquarium;
- Ventilation system;
- Special cover;
- Convenient doors.
- Not found.
Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide 30x30x30 cm
All-glass cubic terrarium being excellent housing for amphibians and reptiles, closes our rating. Designed by European experts, Hagen ExoTerra is equipped with everything necessary for keeping scorpions, arachnids, centipedes, mantis, beetles, stick insects, etc.
Opening front doors give easy access to the area feeding and cleaning. A special shutter system will not allow animals run away. Also the terrarium is equipped with a mesh cover material that provides good ventilation and helps penetrate ultraviolet light inside. High waterproof side allows you to create a pond inside or put a thick layer substrate.
Country of manufacture: Germany (Hagen). Size: 30 x 30 x 30 cm. Price: from 4500 rub.
- Glass Terrarium;
- Lightweight and compact;
- Completely transparent;
- Opening door;
- Natural ventilation window;
- Holes for laying cables for equipment;
- Embossed bottom;
- Background for back wall included.
- Low cost.
- Not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.