Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Terrariums are called plastic or glass, specially equipped containers in which reptiles and amphibians can be kept. Sometimes, the terrarium is partially filled with water in order to grow snakes, toads, turtles and other exotic inhabitants of reservoirs in them. Designers use aquaterrariums to plant and care for tropical plants. And in some cases, terrariums become home to several types of pets at once. To create optimal living conditions for animals, taking into account the peculiarities of their maintenance, it is necessary to correctly approach the choice of a terrarium.
- How to choose a terrarium
- Rating of the best terrariums
- Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium, 73.5 x 55 x 75
- Exo Terra with doors, cover mesh and background 90x45x45
- Repti Zoo 0119RK prefabricated, 900450450mm
- MEIJING silver with lamp 51x35x22
- Aquatlantis TORTUM for turtles
- AquaEl 60 600х300х300
- Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide 30x30x30 cm
How to choose a terrarium
- Kinds. Aquaterrariums are used for animals that spend most of their time in the water. They are aquariums with a small area of land, where, after swimming, you can warm up under the rays of the lamp. Paludariums are suitable for plants and animals that need a greater land to water ratio of 2: 1. Often they have 2 or 3 floors, where on the first there is a swimming area, on the second – a house, and on the third – a platform with a lamp.
- Volume. Each animal requires a certain amount of free space. If the terrarium is too small, animals can get sick and even die.
- Material for making terrariums. Typically, terrariums are made of glass or quality plastic. A plastic cover with ventilation holes is placed on top.
- Additional elements. For each animal, there are certain requirements for the conditions of detention. Many amphibians need a heating lamp, while others need a balanced humidity level, which requires a hygrometer to measure. To keep some types of reptiles, you will need to connect additional equipment, for which special holes are provided in the terrariums.
Modern growers offer a wide range of terrariums of all kinds to recreate savannah, marshland or rainforest conditions, depending on the habitat that exotic inhabitants are used to. We present a rating of the most popular terrarium models that have earned the most popularity among buyers.
Rating of the best terrariums
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best terrariums||1||Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium||RUB 39,980|
|2||Exo Terra 90x45x45cm||RUB 21054|
|3||Repti Zoo 0119RK||RUB 19,110|
|4||MEIJING 51x35x22cm||RUB 5890|
|5||Aquatlantis TORTUM for turtles||RUB 2502|
|6||AquaEl 600х300х300||6290 RUB|
|7||Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide||RUB 4578|
Lucky Reptile Aqua-Tarrium, 73.5 x 55 x 75
Especially successful, in our opinion, Lucky Reptile's Aqua-Tarrium terrarium occupies the first line in our rating. It can contain turtles, water snakes and fish, toads and even crabs. It is also possible to keep reptiles and fish together. This terrarium can also be used for growing tropical plants.
It is noteworthy that Aqua-Tarrium is divided into two zones – a swimming zone and a so-called 'dry' rest zone. A specially designed paludarium florarium allows you to recreate not only the tropics for pets, but also to equip a pond with a depth of up to 20 cm. After long water procedures, animals will be able to receive a dose of ultraviolet radiation in a specially equipped area. Aqua-Tarrium has flow ventilation and a reliable automatic lock. If you need to install additional hardware, you can remove the top cover.
Manufacturer: Germany. Dimensions: 73.5 cm x 55 cm x 75 cm (W x D x H). Available in black and white. Cost: from 35,000 rubles.
- Terrarium with aqua zone;
- Allows you to keep reptiles and grow plants;
- Easy access to service and filter cleaning;
- Insulating back panel to prevent heat loss;
- Strong lock;
- Equipped with a heat and ultraviolet generator;
- Allows to keep fish and reptiles together.
- High price.
Exo Terra with doors, cover mesh and background 90x45x45
On the second stage, we placed a terrarium from the manufacturer Exo Terra, developed by European herpetologists. Designed for home keeping of amphibians and reptiles. It is made of thick-walled glass, the background is decorated in the form of natural stone.
For easy access to the inner chamber, the top cover is removed and the front doors open. A special locking system allows the doors to be opened separately to prevent the animals from escaping. And the patented ventilation system will create an optimal microclimate in the terrarium. By imitating the natural background, animals will be able to feel in their natural environment.
The mesh lid provides excellent ventilation, allowing UV and infrared light to penetrate inside. At the back there are wire holes where heating stones, meters or waterfalls can be installed. The bottom panel is equipped with legs, so there is a possibility of connecting a heating element. The high glass rim at the front allows for a thicker layer of substrate for burrowing animals or waterfalls.
Dimensions: 90x45x45cm. Weight: 25 kg. Manufacturer: Canada. Cost: from 20,000 rubles.
- Increased bottom area;
- Door locks;
- Sophisticated ventilation;
- Opening doors;
- Cover mesh for ventilation;
- Silicate glass walls;
- Decorative background.
- High price.
Repti Zoo 0119RK prefabricated, 900450450mm
The terrarium from the Chinese manufacturer Repti Zoo is ranked third in the Expertology rating. This model is universal and suitable for keeping almost all types of amphibians and reptiles, as well as some subspecies of aquatic turtles.
The cover and ventilation wall (side) are made of metal micro-mesh, and the adjustable opening can be used to connect additional equipment. The Terrarium from Repti Zoo has a sealed aquapump.
Country of origin: China. Dimensions: 91.4 x 45.7 x 45.7 cm. Materials of manufacture: plastic, metal, glass. Price: from 15,000 rubles.
- Convenient hinged doors;
- Terrarium made of durable silicate glass;
- There is a hole for connecting additional equipment;
- Ventilated side and top panel;
- The prefabricated model is convenient for transportation and storage;
- Water pallet.
- High price.
MEIJING silver with lamp 51x35x22
The budget MEIJING backlit aquaterrarium, which is great for various species of turtles, as well as small species of fish and reptiles. The Aquaterrarium is made of silicate glass with a thickness of 0.5 cm. It is in fourth position in our rating.
The terrarium has a streamlined shape, so it will perfectly fit into any interior. The model is equipped with a luminaire with a fluorescent lamp (24Wx51cm) with a switch, under which animals can sunbathe.
MEIJING Aquarium is engaged in the manufacture of aquaterrariums, which have become very popular with buyers. Due to their curved shape, MEIJING terrariums have a stylish appearance, and an affordable price allows you to equip a colorful tropical corner without compromising your budget.
Manufacturer: China. Weight: 8kg. Volume: 0.073. Dimensions: 0.35×0.55×038. Cost: from 5000 rubles.
- Budget model;
- Glass body 0.5 cm;
- Interesting design;
- Equipped with a fluorescent lamp.
- Not found.
Aquatlantis TORTUM for turtles
The Tortum range is specially designed for turtles, providing them with a natural habitat and including all the necessary ingredients for comfortable animal care. Such terrariums are made of glass and have the same cover. In our ranking, we have placed Aquatlantis Tortum on the fifth step.
The Tortum 100 model has a TK-500 filtration system, which ensures the purity and freshness of the water due to 2 filtering elements – coal and foam. Coal removes micro-particles of algae, and the foam layer removes small particles contained in the water. The filter is able to drive up to 420 liters of water per hour. Attached with suction cups to the wall. Also in the terrarium there is a lighting system (LED 22 W) with a low safety voltage, which is placed in a metal box.
Dimensions: L 100 x W 40 x H 30 cm (120 l) with two ramps. Black color. Price: from 9000 rubles. Country of origin: Portugal.
- Terrarium specially for turtles;
- 2-stage water filter;
- A lighting system is provided;
- The volume is designed for 120 liters.
- Not found.
AquaEl 60 600х300х300
The silicate glass terrarium from the Polish company AquaEl, designed for reptile invertebrates, takes the sixth place. The aquarium has specially designed doors to prevent the animal from escaping.
The model is equipped with a ventilation system that maintains an optimal level of humidity and excellent air circulation. The lid is made using innovative injection technology, thanks to which it adheres very tightly and does not warp. When opened, condensation that has accumulated on the underside flows down the grooves back into the aquarium, rather than spilling out behind the aquarium.
Country of origin: Poland. Material: silicate glass. Dimensions: 600x300x300. Weight: 8.51. Price: from 5000 rubles.
- Sealed aquarium;
- Ventilation system;
- Special cover;
- Convenient doors.
- Not found.
Hagen ExoTerra Natural Terrarium Mini Wide 30x30x30 cm
The full glass cube terrarium, which is an excellent shelter for amphibians and reptiles, closes our rating. Developed by European experts, the Hagen ExoTerra is equipped with everything you need to keep scorpions, arachnids, millipedes, praying mantises, beetles, stick insects, etc.
Opening front doors give easy access to the feeding and cleaning area. A special shutter system will prevent animals from escaping. Also, the terrarium is equipped with a lid made of mesh material, which provides good ventilation and helps UV light penetrate inside. The high waterproof side allows you to create a reservoir inside or put a thick layer of substrate.
Country of origin: Germany (Hagen). Size: 30 x 30 x 30 cm. Price: from 4500 rubles.
- Glass terrarium;
- Lightweight and compact;
- Completely transparent;
- Opening door;
- Natural ventilation window;
- Holes for laying cables for equipment;
- Embossed bottom;
- Back wall background included.
- Low cost.
- Not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.