Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The onset of cold weather in no way means that you need to sit at home, because winter provides a lot of opportunities to actively relax. It is this kind of pastime that allows you to keep your body in shape, strengthen the immune system, and get a good mood. Skiing is a favorite form of recreation for Russians, since winters in many cities are quite cold, with a lot of snow, especially in the suburban area. You can go there both independently and with the whole family. In today's article, we will talk about cross-country skiing with skating, we will determine the types of products and how to choose the right model. Skating is a walking similar to speed skating. With it, the inner side of the skis is used during repulsion. It is important to know all the subtleties and nuances in order not to make a mistake when making a purchase.
Our experts have thoroughly analyzed the sports equipment market and have prepared an up-to-date rating, which includes the 5 best skating skis.
What to look for when choosing skating skis
- Manufacturing material. There are two main types: wood and plastic. The first option has only one advantage – low cost. That is why experts recommend such models to beginners so that they get comfortable before buying more professional models. The second option has a whole range of advantages: durability, strength, rapid development of high speed, no risk of delamination and changes in properties upon repeated contact with water. True, even simple models of skating skis made of plastic are decent.
- Rigidity. Unlike classic skis, skating skis have greater rigidity. There are two options for checking this parameter. If you are allowed in the store, then set the skis on a solid surface, and then stand on them, evenly distributing your weight. After that, take a regular piece of paper, measuring the front and back clearance between the floor and the ski. It should be up to 40 and 15 cm, respectively. Having transferred all the weight to one ski, the clearance should decrease in front and behind by 10 cm, while it will end before the heel of the boot. There is an easier way, which does not require the seller's permission. To do this, set the skis vertically, placing one sliding surface to the other, then fix your hands on the pads and squeeze them tightly. The clearance should be 4 mm. It is this stiffness that skates are needed. If the clearance is 2 mm, then the model is too soft for you.
- Length. It is shorter than the classic ones. In this case, the noses of the skis will not be bent, but even. When choosing the length by height, proceed from the rule that the product should be 10 cm higher than the skier. To determine, you should lean the skis against you directly in the store, asking the sales assistant to measure the difference.
- Personal preferences. This is an important parameter of choice, because it is the skier who should feel comfortable, since he has to ski many kilometers of the snow track.
- Place of purchase. Avoid buying skating skis sold in regular hypermarkets. Your best bet is to go to a professional sports store, where trained sales assistants can advise you on which model is most appropriate. Pay attention to the brand as well, because the large ones have already established themselves, therefore, buying such skis, you can not worry that the money will be wasted.
Rating of the best skating skis
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||minimum price|
|Rating of the best skating skis||1||Salomon S-Lab Carbon Skate||RUB 17,900|
|2||Salomon Equipe 7 Skate||RUB 9,900|
|3||ATOMIC Pro S1||RUB 7,900|
|4||Fischer LS Skate IFP||RUB 5,460|
|5||Tisa Race Cap Skating||4 382 RUB|
Salomon S-Lab Carbon Skate
In the first place in the ranking are skating skis with high performance and adaptability. The model combines light weight and power. The carbon construction ensures optimal transmission of leg forces in relation to the snow. Due to its low weight, maximum acceleration and easy gliding are guaranteed. Torsional stiffness is increased by 20 percent with a 45-degree carbon braid. This improves stability and glide.
- Nomex core;
- high rigidity;
- plastic model;
- height – 192 cm;
- 5 colors to choose from.
- suitable only for athletes with a level of training 'expert / professional';
- high cost – 20500 p.
Salomon Equipe 7 Skate
The second line is received by cross-country skis of skating, which have high glide quality. They are stable while driving due to the responsive pad that is low-lying. The model handles perfectly, even if the rider makes mistakes in the course. The product will prove to be an ideal option for improving your skating technique. Once the skill level has increased, there is no need to purchase new skis, as this model has significant potential.
- Densolite 2000 core;
- reinforced block;
- the risk of incorrect installation of fasteners is reduced;
- do not require the use of conductors;
- height – 192 cm;
- suitable for beginners.
- relatively expensive – 10 thousand rubles.
ATOMIC Pro S1
The third position goes to skating skis, which are distinguished by their reliability and versatility. The model with sporty geometry provides light and graceful riding. Improved glide allows quick acceleration at high speeds. The product has an optimal balance of weight and strength. The pronounced sidecut makes the skis stable and responsive when riding on the trail, while the flat profile allows dynamic and confident thrusting for long, smooth glide.
- core – High Densolite;
- suitable for beginners;
- new sporty design;
- acceptable cost – 7700 r.
- not found.
Fischer LS Skate IFP
The fourth is amateur skis. They are for skiing, not sporting activities. They have high stability and excellent speed performance. The air-channel core reduces the weight of the skis and gives them extra strength. The model is distinguished by torsional rigidity and a long service life, as well as an optimal distribution of thrust forces, which affects the wear of the ointment – it becomes even.
- wood core – Air Channel;
- plastic model;
- excellent glide in various weather conditions;
- reinforced edges;
- height – 171 cm;
- budget price – 5500 p.
- not found.
Tisa Race Cap Skating
Closing the rating are skating skis, suitable for both advanced users and amateurs. The air cells of the core are combined with carbon fibers for light weight. Reinforced edges are responsible for durability, and a special grinding ensures excellent glide. The model is suitable for sports skating, training, as well as mastering and improving the technique of skating. Recommended for advanced athletes.
- core – AirTec;
- height – 187 cm;
- budgetary cost – 5 thousand rubles.
- model made of wood.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.