Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
A subwoofer is a device for accentuated reproduction of low frequencies (from 20 to 1000 Hz), adding saturation and volume to the sound. Standard car stereos have long gone beyond acceptable music reproduction, and despite the futile efforts of automakers to change the situation, they are gradually undergoing urgent customization. The whole essence of their improvement comes down, in fact, to equipping the system with a regular subwoofer placed in the car's interior or in its luggage compartment.
In modern realities, the production of subwoofers is a massive phenomenon, since over the past decade their number in free sale has increased dramatically. In this regard, the independent selection of such a specific playback device causes a lot of difficulties for consumers. Taking into account all the structural subtleties and the state of affairs on the market, the team of the magazine compiled a rating of the best subwoofers for cars, divided into five separate categories. The following parameters were used as selection criteria:
- popularity of the manufacturer and model among consumers;
- analytical opinion of experts;
- mutual comparison of nominees with each other;
- the degree of reliability and performance;
- ratio of quality parameters and nominal value.
- How to choose a subwoofer in a car
- Rating of the best subwoofers in the car
- Best car subwoofers rated up to 300W
- Pioneer TS-WX70DA
- Hertz DBX 252.3
- EDGE EDV12A-E4
- Alpine SBG-1244BR
- Alpine SWE-815
- Best car subwoofers rated up to 600W
- Hertz EBX 300.5
- Audi o System RADION R 12 BP
- Hertz EBX 250R
- Pioneer TS-WX300A
- The best car subwoofers rated up to 1,000 watts
- Kicker VS12L72
- Magnum MBW 151 SPL-BOX
- Mystery MBP-3000
- Best car subwoofers rated over 1,000 watts
- Kicker DL7122
- Magnum MLW 3×12-2SM
- Best compact subwoofers
- Kicx PRO-POWER 301D
- Focal E 25 KX
- Alpine SWR-1542D
- Hertz ES 300
- Alpine SWG-1244
- Pioneer TS-W306R
How to choose a subwoofer in a car
The purchase of a subwoofer for installation in a car is accompanied by the need to comply with a number of specific nuances and rules, on which not only the amount of costs will depend, but also your personal pleasure from use. Therefore, when choosing a low frequency player on your own, the editors recommend paying attention to five key aspects:
- Dimensions. The main and obvious parameter of the selection, non-compliance with which can lead to significant problems with placement in the trunk (or under the seat). As a rule, in modern car models, places for installing a subwoofer are allocated separately, which in itself imposes (albeit not strict) restrictions on its dimensions. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the power indicators directly depend on the model size. Therefore, if the nominal performance of the inscribed 'woofer' does not suit you, consider purchasing a higher performance model.
- Power. A characteristic showing the degree of durability of the subwoofer speakers. In general, the higher the rating, the better. The maximum power, in turn, shows the magnitude of the short-term peak impulse that the acoustics can withstand without mechanical or other damage.
- Number of acoustics bands. A parameter that directly determines the accuracy and quality of music sound through a subwoofer. The efficiency increases according to the 'more-better' relationship, but it naturally affects the increase in the price of an element of the speaker system.
- Amplifier. The presence or absence of an amplifier in a subwoofer determines not only its total cost, but also the fundamental difference in sound reproduction. Subs without an amplifier provide a significant increase in the bass component of music against a background of weak sound, while models with an amplifier provide a smooth increase in both components.
- Housing. Many consumers note that the type of enclosure does not play a big role in the selection of the 'barrel' in the car, but at the same time they are willing to buy models with a strong chipboard structure and fabric upholstery, rather than to subwoofers with a different type of enclosure. In fact, both the sound transmission quality factor and the overall reliability of the product depend on its performance. A good fixation of the speaker in the seat ensures the absence of parasitic vibrations and noise, and also prevents the possibility of spontaneous mechanical damage if it is loose.
Rating of the best subwoofers in the car
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best car subwoofers rated up to 300W||1||Pioneer TS-WX70DA||17 400 rub.|
|2||Hertz DBX 252.3||RUB 14,300|
|3||EDGE EDV12A-E4||RUB 7,875|
|4||Alpine SBG-1244BR||RUB 7,590|
|5||Alpine SWE-815||RUB 8,138|
|Best car subwoofers rated up to 600W||1||Hertz EBX 300.5||RUB 21,000|
|2||Audi o System RADION R 12 BP||RUB 20,000|
|3||Hertz EBX 250R||RUB 15 670|
|4||Pioneer TS-WX300A||RUB 6 789|
|The best car subwoofers rated up to 1,000 watts||1||Kicker VS12L72||RUB 28,000|
|2||Magnum MBW 151 SPL-BOX||–|
|3||Mystery MBP-3000||RUB 6 490|
|Best car subwoofers rated over 1,000 watts||1||Kicker DL7122||RUB 78,000|
|2||Magnum MLW 3×12-2SM||RUB 12,000|
|Best compact subwoofers||1||Kicx PRO-POWER 301D||RUB 8,558|
|2||Focal E 25 KX||RUB 27,990|
|3||Alpine SWR-1542D||RUB 18,590|
|4||Hertz ES 300||RUB 8,560|
|5||Alpine SWG-1244||RUB 5,690|
|6||Pioneer TS-W306R||RUB 3,070|
Best car subwoofers rated up to 300W
A technically superior speaker element designed for true connoisseurs of accuracy in the sound of their favorite compositions. Pioneer TS-WX70DA is one of the few representatives of its company that received a D-class amplifier with built-in advanced bass control (Digital Bass Control). Its essence lies in the possibility of adjusting the system for two modes of operation:
Dynamic – For rhythmic bass with high fidelity, suitable for dubstep, drum'n bass, electro and the like.
Deep – a deeper sounding bass frequencies, by definition suitable for any music.
It is noteworthy that the presence of an amplifier for once does not give an increase in reproducible frequencies: the Pioneer TS-WX70DA feels good within the range of 20-250 hertz, but this does not diminish the feeling of fullness of sound. On the contrary, it is surprising that in the reproduction component this model is superior to all opponents without exception. However, it can be described for a very long time, but the fact remains: this subwoofer is definitely worth its money, especially in view of its cardinal dissimilarity from the rest.
- very favorable cost to overall quality ratio;
- the presence of an amplifier with two modes of operation;
- remote control of low frequencies, phase and level;
- magnificent design and original look of the case;
- compact dimensions and weight (10.4 kg);
- unique atmosphere of sound.
- not found.
Hertz DBX 252.3
A car subwoofer from the German company Hertz simply could not pass the rating of the best, hitting almost the very top of this top. Having a very specific configuration and design completeness, DBX 252.3 provides a big boost in bass in the ordinary sound of a regular stereo system. Operating at frequencies ranging from 28 to 300 hertz at 300 watts rated power, this model can handle spikes and peaks up to 1200 watts without any hint of mechanical damage.
The feature of the Hertz DBX 252.3, which we mentioned in passing, is the box configuration. Instead of the usual 'cubes', German manufacturers decided to stretch the case in width, bringing this linear dimension to 650 millimeters. At the same time, it was possible to slightly 'tighten' the box in length and height (up to 295 and 300 millimeters, respectively). In this configuration, two 10-inch speakers, stylized according to all the canons of the trademark, fit at once. From the point of view of cost, such an assembly seems a bit expensive, but when taking into account the general operational parameters, this nuance is completely leveled.
- atmospheric bass, smoothing out all the flaws in the reproduction of standard stereos;
- work in the range of 28-300 Hz;
- the ability to withstand power peaks up to 1200 W;
- optimal combination of price and quality;
- very effective copruse finish.
- not found.
A well-known model from a not very well-known manufacturer, all the charm of which boils down to an extremely favorable ratio between cost and sound reproduction capabilities. The EDGE EDV12A-E4 is a typical representative of budget subwoofers, which, by the will of the manufacturer, has received, though not the coolest, but a good amplifier in the kit. With a nominal power of 300 watts, this 'baby' is capable of reproducing frequencies from 25 to 1500 hertz, somewhat outperforming the competitor in the face of the Alpine SWE-815 in this component.
According to users, the effect of purchasing EDGE EDV12A-E4 is reflected not only in increasing the sound saturation, but also in the banal vibration of non-noise-insulated metal structures. This nuance cannot be attributed to the shortcomings of the subwoofer, but for a general idea of its work, the sounding of such a remarkable fact was very necessary. The expediency of acquiring a model from the point of view of key operational parameters is fully justified: for a low price you will receive not only a beautiful thing with a pleasant design, but also high quality sound reproduction, supported by the reliability of the most important components.
- the presence of an amplifier and the attendant ability to reproduce frequencies in the range of 25-1500 Hz;
- optimal sensitivity (90 dB) dynamics;
- low price;
- high quality finishes;
- attractive appearance.
- lack of speaker protection.
This is a passive subwoofer model, which has remained relevant for 7 years already. It is a typical 'kick drum' for piling bass frequencies in the range from 28 to 200 hertz at a rated power of 250 watts. Suitable for completing with amplifiers with impedance in the region of 4 ohms and a sensitivity of 94 decibels. As users note, the component of the sound of the Alpine SBG-1244BR can be attributed to an asset: at not the highest cost, the 'richness' of the bass here surpasses the level of individual competitors.
As for the ergonomic parameters of the model, in this component, first of all, the serious weightiness of the model is striking. With overall dimensions of 411x383x390 millimeters, the combined weight of a 12-inch speaker and a massive MDF case is about 19 kilograms. This is quite a lot and inconvenient, but it provides reliable protection of the 'filling' from any mechanical influences. The fixing of the speaker itself is of sufficient quality, which excludes the likelihood of extraneous noise and vibration for the next few years of operation.
- high quality of the resulting bass;
- reproduces frequencies of 28-200 Hz;
- low cost;
- high-quality finish and reliable MDF frame.
- massive body (weight is 19 kg).
Active-type bass reflex subwoofer, ranked thanks to high ratings from consumers and complementary reviews from experts. Despite several fruitful years in the market, the Alpine SWE-815 is still one of the most expensive models in its segment. But, despite this, users continue to persistently reach out to buy it. This is due to two factors:
First, the manufacturing team managed to achieve an optimal balance between bass and audio reproduction, making the device reproduce frequencies in the range from 34 to 1500 hertz. Together with the sensitivity of 91 decibels, the sound is truly great.
secondly, a remote control system for the sub was introduced by means of a wired remote control, which, with minimal attempts to modernize, allows manipulating the speaker (in the luggage compartment) straight from the passenger compartment.
All of the above is enough to understand that the Alpine SWE-815 is a worthy representative of its class, which can compete with much more powerful models.
- built-in amplifier and, as a result, a wide range of operating frequencies (34-1500 Hz);
- pleasant performance;
- the possibility of remote control is implemented;
- high sound quality.
- high price.
Best car subwoofers rated up to 600W
Hertz EBX 300.5
Having learned from the mistakes of the very worthy Hertz EBX 250R acoustics, the German masters focused on creating a more perfect model of a subwoofer in a car, and, it should be said, coped with their task brilliantly. The Hertz EBX 300.5 received not only a significant increase in peak withstand power, but also a good increase in design. Providing frequency reproduction in the range of 25-250 hertz, this device acquired 500 watts of nominal power, due to which it significantly increased the output sound pressure. This, in turn, had a beneficial effect on the bass – the depth and accuracy of its reproduction reached a qualitatively higher level.
The peak power has grown to 1000 watts, protecting the speaker from a high probability of mechanical damage during sudden changes. Many qualitative changes have appeared in the design of the sound element:
a double winding was introduced, allowing the speaker to be connected to the amplifier in any way convenient for implementation (in series, in parallel, independently);
the place of the neodymium magnet was taken by a simple ferrite 'pancake', which made it possible to achieve the effect of cost reduction without loss of quality.
All this and much more has allowed the EBX 300.5 to wedge itself into the number of the best subwoofers on the market, at the same time winning the majority of the audience from the subwoofers of the Pioneer segment.
- colossal work on mistakes, which led to the complete rehabilitation of the company in the segment;
- optimal level of operating frequency (25-250 Hz);
- good power indicators (500 W nominal and 1000 W peak);
- nice design;
- strict compliance with the established price framework.
- not found.
Audi o System RADION R 12 BP
A model that with all its appearance shows adherence to the old canons of external design. Which, nevertheless, plays into her hands, since for consumers this is an additional guarantee of quality. Audi o System RADION R 12 BP is a typical representative of subwoofers in band-pass enclosures (Band-Pass) for building up sound pressure, which gives not so much atomicity as funniness and charging depth of bass for almost any musical genre. It is not known for certain what its true ranges of reproduction of operating frequencies are, but it feels like they completely overlap the lower limits (approximately, from 20 to 300 hertz).
Power ratings Audi o System RADION R 12 BP also delights sound fans: 400 watts is a necessary minimum for such a dynamic system. As for the maximum values, a situation similar to the Hertz EBX 250R takes place. 600 watts peak is not bad, but if it rises sharply, it can cause big problems and a lot of money lost. Fortunately, such cases were not described on the Internet among user reviews, but the very fact of the possibility of such an outcome is very alarming.
- the optimum between price and quality indicators;
- high rated power (400 W);
- very dynamic and accurate bass sound;
- original design of the case.
- low peak power (600 W).
Hertz EBX 250R
The bass reflex passive sub from the German company Hertz is a very expensive, but effective solution to the problem of the poor sound quality of standard car stereos. Operating in the range from 28 to 300 hertz, this 'box' provides sound comparable to that of the older Korean 'pioneer' design (Pioneer TS-WX300A).
If the main advantage of Hertz EBX 250R is entirely tied to the key function (high-quality reproduction of low frequencies), then the disadvantage completely and completely affects the power characteristic. The fact is that at peak power, this model can withstand only 700 watts of load, while opponents have indicators exceeding the threshold of 1000. This is not critical, but in the event of extreme operational situations it can cause serious damage to the dynamics. Actually, this was the only complaint about the subwoofer from a circle of experts, while the vast majority of users were completely satisfied with the model. True, if not for the high cost, there would be much more satisfied people.
- wide range of low frequency reproduction for a passive subwoofer (28-300 Hz);
- excellent build quality;
- pleasant appearance;
- very atmospheric and deep sound.
- high price;
- low peak power (700 W).
Active bass reflex subwoofer, consistently included in the ratings of the best from the very moment of its debut on the market. It is a typical carrier of the philosophy of the Pioneer company, which does not want to deliberately overestimate the reproduction ranges of its products, so as not to adapt to the trends of Western competitors. In this regard, the Pioneer TS-WX300A works only with frequencies of 20-130 hertz, immersing users in a special state of bass liturgy. The saturation of low frequencies neutralizes the awful sound of a standard stereo system installed in a car, which makes the subwoofer an ideal 'companion' to any 'domestic basin'.
In addition to the bass quality on a very tight (sadly, it really is) range, the Pioneer TS-WX300A can boast of good indicators of the required and peak power (350 and 1300 watts, respectively), as well as a very low weight of the structure (10 kilograms) with sufficiently large dimensions. In parallel with this, all consumers note a successful combination of red and black in the finish with small inclusions of chrome on the protection of the 12-inch speaker. This is one of the best offers in its price range, alas, somewhat out of date since the moment it went on sale.
- value for money;
- reliable case, which does not allow the slightest vibrations within 5 years from the beginning of active operation;
- very atmospheric bass;
- legendary finish in three-color combination (black-red-chrome).
- low level of reproducible frequencies (20-130 Hz).
The best car subwoofers rated up to 1,000 watts
The Solobaric subwoofer is made by Kicker, who knows a lot about creating powerful acoustic equipment. The main feature of this model lies in the configuration and shape of the diffuser – in this case it is square, which is not so much a decorative as a deliberately technological feature: thanks to this step, the manufacturers managed to achieve almost a twofold (42%) increase in the radiating area. The box itself, upholstered in a gray Carpet, is a standard cube with a beveled rear wall for installing the sub close to the second row of seats (and giving additional rigidity).
As for the purely technical parameters, it is worth noting here a good ratio of power to the sound pressure level and pickups at various frequencies. The rated power indicators of the Kicker VS12L72 are 750 watts with peak increases up to 1500. In order to fully realize the potential of the acoustics, experts recommend buying a special amplifier in the kit, preferably from the same Kicker, to minimize problems with connection and setup. This model is ideal for music lovers who prefer rich and loud bass to a deeper and more measured sound.
- increased emitter area;
- the highest build quality, eliminating the occurrence of gaps and related noise with vibrations;
- 750 W nominal and 1500 W maximum power;
- suitability for difficult operating conditions;
- nice appearance.
- not found.
Magnum MBW 151 SPL-BOX
A basic version of Magnum's high-powered bass reflex subwoofer, which they say is capable of delivering a physical sense of deep bass. Despite the passive design, the Magnum MBW 151 SPL-BOX delivers frequencies ranging from 28 to 550 hertz, which, coupled with a good stereo system, provides an incredible influx of clear and rich sound.
The rated power of this model is 1000 watts, and in this parameter it significantly surpasses its opponents in terms of rating. The situation is similar for maximum power: 2000 watts is an unattainable value for all representatives of the segment. In view of this state of affairs, the sound pressure created by the subwoofer can cause many problems with vibration action on non-soundproofed parts of a car and components of important units. But, leaving this on the conscience of the owners, let's say: Magnum MBW 151 SPL-BOX is definitely worth buying.
- the highest power ratings in the segment (1000 W nominal and 2000 W maximum);
- range of reproducible frequencies (28-550 Hz);
- good finish and high-quality speaker-to-body connections;
- low price.
- not found.
The most inexpensive and at the same time productive 'box' from the Mystery company, designed for installation in cars with a great need for loud bass. MBP-3000 Operates in the range of 25-140 hertz, which determines the ability to pick up only low bass frequencies. However, even this level of the model is quite enough to ensure deep sounding of compositions, however, in this component consumers often compare it with a representative of another segment, which is the Pioneer TS-WX300A.
Despite the fact that the nominally Japanese (and in fact, Chinese) company Mystery is not among the preferred manufacturers, users are eagerly (but not without a share of fear) purchasing the MBP-3000. In particular, they are attracted by good indicators of the nominal power (800 W), the successful design of the band-pass enclosure, as well as the wide range of options for completing amplifiers of any level. Unfortunately, the durability is poor: this component of the company still has work to do.
- low price;
- good level of bass depth;
- pleasant design (adherence to corporate identity);
- the presence of a double winding on the speaker.
- low level of loudspeaker durability (noticeably sit down during operation).
Best car subwoofers rated over 1,000 watts
The leading line of the rating goes to Kicker DL7122, which broadcasts in a very small frequency range (20-100 hertz), but with a very high nominal power. If we fully and completely build on the power indicators, then this model is almost the most optimal in the entire market of acoustic systems. Indicators higher (or better) can only be found in premium and exclusive developments for cars, as well as in full-size sub for multimedia centers and other entertainment equipment.
Due to the fact that the nominal power of the installation is 1800 watts, manufacturers had to take the step of intelligently replacing standard materials with other materials, as happened in the case of the diffuser. Instead of cloth and paper, they used high-strength polypropylene, with custom overlays to match the overall design of the box. The speakers themselves (due to the increase in the radiation area) were made of a square shape and located at a slight angle to each other. Taking into account the use of high quality materials, as well as the highest performance indicators, the cost of the Kicker DL7122 is quite expected. However, apart from everything, it also looks intimidating, and is guaranteed to cut off a large group of budget consumers from its audience.
- the highest quality of performance (both in terms of technical parameters and in terms of reliability);
- 1800 watts of power;
- beautiful design, made taking into account the corporate identity of the company;
- very clear and deepest bass.
- very high price.
Magnum MLW 3×12-2SM
Another representative of the Magnum company is losing the competition for the leadership to the Kicker subwoofer, inferior to that both in terms of reliability and in terms of technical characteristics. The original shape of the MLW 3×12-2SM made it possible to place three 12-inch speakers on the front surface at once, creating an all-encompassing sound effect. The total power of the installation in nominal value was 1200 watts, and with such indicators the car becomes more of an object of stationary music reproduction, as they say, 'on the street'.
Despite the complexity of the design and the very acceptable quality of the materials used, the cost of the Magnum MLW 3×12-2SM barely exceeds the price of low-power subwoofer models from famous manufacturers. This is due, first of all, to the marketing principles of the company itself, trying to squeeze out the maximum possible even from not the highest quality raw materials. In this regard, the subwoofer may lose some form during prolonged use, but stubbornly remain in condition until the speaker fails.
- optimal cost indicators;
- original design and configuration of emitters in the box;
- 1200 watts nominal power;
- solid build quality.
- for its price – not found.
Best compact subwoofers
Kicx PRO-POWER 301D
The most advantageous difference between the Kicx PRO-POWER 301D and its competitors lies in the ratio of cost and quality – it is hardly possible to get such a powerful woofer at a similar price. Its rated power is 1250 watts with a short-term sensing capability of 2500 watts peak, which is not available even for standard 'boxed' subwoofers. The value of the reproduced frequency varies in the range from 30 to 600 hertz, and with the installation of an amplifier, this number increases by several more points.
As a coil, the Kicx PRO-POWER 301D has a double high-temperature winding that needs intensive cooling. It also allows you to connect the amplifier in any way convenient for the user, which greatly simplifies the installation of the model. The basket is made of aluminum, the heat dissipation of which is also at a good level, but this requires providing several technological holes for through air circulation. To be honest, the purpose of this subwoofer rests on providing high bass volume and its dynamics, rather than depth and richness, so some music lovers may not like its use.
- the largest power indicators (1250 and 2500 W in nominal and tolerance);
- wide range of operating frequency (300-600 Hz);
- nice design;
- aluminum basket;
- double winding for simplified amplifier connection;
- Excellent value for money and quality.
- not found.
Focal E 25 KX
Taking into account the novelty factor, Focal E 25 KX is a better alternative to the well-known Alpine SWR-1542D, albeit with slightly less pronounced power parameters. So, in nominal terms, the speaker produces 600 watts, while at the peak this value can reach up to 1200 watts. For a 10-inch subwoofer, this figure is optimal, especially in view of the ability to reproduce frequencies in the region of 25-500 hertz.
Among other features of the Focal E 25 KX, it is possible to single out the presence of a double winding to increase the ways of connecting the amplifier (in parallel, in series and independently). Despite the presence of only one strip for reproduction, the speaker demonstrates high accuracy and practically no parasitic noise and vibration. The only caveat: the cost of such a model exceeds all conceivable limits, and therefore it loses its attractiveness for most of the buyers.
- the ability to mount the speaker in bass-reflex or closed boxes;
- optimal power indicators for a 10-inch speaker (600 W nominal and 1200 W peak);
- 25-500 Hz frequency;
- very high quality performance.
- high price.
Alpine SWR-1542D is the most protected from unwanted power surges model of a subwoofer, capable of operating at exorbitant values of key technical parameters. Providing up to 750 watts of power, the user has an excellent chance of building up sound pressure until peak values reach 2000 watts. Thanks to such indicators, listening to music can become not a purely individual process, but a nationwide occupation.
The parameters of the minimum / maximum frequency also did not disappoint – the Alpine SWR-1542D is included in the operation in the range of 22-500 hertz, providing exceptional accuracy and dynamics of bass. As an advantage of the design, all without exception mark the cast basket as the most resistant to vibration and fatigue deformation. Manufacturers strongly recommend 'packing' this model in bass-reflex and closed boxes for optimal sound effect.
- very high quality performance;
- optimal power indicators;
- support for frequencies within 22-500 Hz;
- rather ordinary, but extremely recognizable design;
- ample opportunities for mounting the speaker into the box.
- not found.
Hertz ES 300
An interesting representative of the Hertz company, the installation of which is recommended to be made in cases with a volume of 20-38 liters to achieve the best sound effect. Operates in the range from 25 to 250 hertz, with sensitivity in the region of 92 decibels and an impedance of 4 ohms, which provides a wide choice of amplifiers for installation in a single package. Which, by the way, is recommended to be designed according to the bass reflex or closed type.
A positive design feature of the Hertz ES 300 lies entirely in the presence of a double magnet on an extended voice coil. This pair allows the subwoofer not to lose any sound quality even after long-term operation at high power. Which has rather strict limitations: for example, with a nominal value of 350 watts, a short-term peak jump can reach 700 watts. Anything above the limit can lead to dire consequences. Of the other features of the speaker, users often mention a versatile appearance, pleasant sound and a very high reliability parameter.
- optimal combination of price and quality;
- quite wide range of reproducible frequency (25-250 Hz);
- wide customization options according to the manufacturer's recommendations;
- universal design;
- pleasant bass sound even at low volume levels.
- underestimated peak power (700 W).
The speaker of a poorer kind than the Pioneer TS-W306R, unexpectedly for itself, has become the quality standard for all low-budget products in this category. With a lower rated power of work (namely 250 watts), the Alpine SWG-1244 wins over consumers with a wide frequency range of 28-1000 hertz.
As in the case of the aforementioned competitor, this model has acquired a huge number of fans and, obeying the laws of logic, boxes, once assembled to order or according to an established template, began to be gradually thrown into the market. That, on the one hand, simplified the installation for the car owners themselves, but deprived the niche of a share of individuality. However, this does not in the least negate the chic of the sound demonstrated by the Alpine SWG-1244 and is so elegantly described by thousands of domestic users. According to them, the bass gets in the atmosphere, depth and richness, and also suits absolutely any composition, which is important for inveterate music lovers.
- wide range of low frequency reproduction (28-1000 Hz);
- good indicators of nominal and permissible power (250 and 800 W, respectively);
- universal design;
- high-quality transformation of sound.
- not found.
The Pioneer TS-W306R is a subwoofer for pretentious people with high demands on sound quality. Working in the range from 25 to 125 hertz, it is able to take on a little more, but only in conjunction with a quality amplifier (preferably from the same 'pioneers'). Fortunately, the sensitivity (96 decibels) and impedance (4 Ohm) indices make it possible to select a sufficiently wide range of amplifiers.
As for the power parameters, the nominal value for the Pioneer TS-W306R is 350 watts, with the ability to perceive in the short term up to 1300 watts without causing any damage. As users note, due to the high demand for these dynamics, a huge number of custom and factory boxes for their installation have appeared on the market. The external design of the model is quite interesting, even in spite of the scarcity in terms of colors (from the “abundance of colors” on the speaker there is only a red belt and a gray company logo). This option is quite cheap and is inferior to opponents in category only in terms of power.
- ample opportunities for completing with amplifiers;
- high-quality low-frequency sound;
- an abundance of assembled boxes for a specific model;
- the ability to withstand up to 1300 W of power;
- nice design.
- not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.