Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
- How to choose a fish finder for fishing?
- Rating of the best echo sounders for fishing
- The best stationary echo sounders
- Lowrance HOOK-7x
- Garmin STRIKER PLUS 4
- Humminbird HELIX 5 SONAR
- Best portable sounders
- Deeper Smart Sonar PRO +
- Humminbird PiranhaMAX 197c PT
- LUCKY FF718LiCD
- Rivotek Fisher 35
- 'Practitioner' ER-6Pro2
- The best fish finders with GPS
- Garmin Echomap PLUS 92SV
- Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N
- Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS
- Garmin STRIKER PLUS 5CV
- Lowrance HOOK2 5x GPS
- Best fish finders with 3D mode
- Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon
- Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV
- Simrad GO7 XSE
- Humminbird 788ci HD Combo
- The best fish finders for winter fishing
- LUCKY FF718 (Ray Ray)
- Rivotek Fisher 10
How to choose a fish finder for fishing?
The process of choosing a fishing echo sounder, like any other product on a large market, is associated with a number of specific criteria. They are set by the functionality of the models, their purpose (for fishing from a boat or from the shore), as well as parameters that have become established with the arrival of new devices on the market. In order to make the right choice, the magazine recommends paying attention to the following criteria:
- Rated working power. The parameter responsible for the quality of the echo sounder. In general, the higher the power value, the deeper the useful device will be able to scan, and the more accurately shallow water areas are detailed. The optimal indicators of this parameter can vary in the range from 300 to 500 watts. However, to solve the problem of significantly increasing the productivity of fishing, you can give preference to more powerful models.
- The operating frequency range is the second important factor in choosing a good echo sounder, which determines the depth and width of the scanned area. Devices with a low frequency value work at large depths, however, they give a less clear and accurate picture. In turn, high-frequency echo sounders allow you to get an image that is detailed to the smallest detail, but only at a shallow depth. The optimal choice in this case would be an echo sounder with the ability to switch frequencies (for example, at 83, 125 and 250 kHz), since there are the vast majority of them on the modern market.
- Display options. A generalizing criterion that includes the size of the working screen, picture quality and the amount of information displayed. It affects both the convenience of using the echo sounder and the possibility of more detailed preparation for the fishing process. In addition, the size of the screen (coupled with contrast and clarity) significantly affects the perception of the picture in sunlight.
- Sensor sensitivity. This parameter is very rarely given as the main one, although it plays a rather important role in the operation of the echosounder. High sensitivity, usually observed at low operating frequencies (50-83 kHz), results in good image quality, but the sensor is affected by noise. The opposite is the case with low sensitivity, therefore, to achieve maximum balance, give preference to models with the ability to adjust this characteristic.
Rating of the best echo sounders for fishing
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best stationary echo sounders||1||Lowrance HOOK-7x||RUB 44 540|
|2||Garmin STRIKER PLUS 4||17 501 RUB|
|3||Humminbird HELIX 5 SONAR||RUB 21,500|
|Best portable sounders||1||Deeper Smart Sonar PRO +||RUB 20,900|
|2||Humminbird PiranhaMAX 197c PT||–|
|3||LUCKY FF718LiCD||RUB 9,990|
|4||Rivotek Fisher 35||RUB 9,990|
|5||'Practitioner' ER-6Pro2||RUB 6,950|
|The best fish finders with GPS||1||Garmin Echomap PLUS 92SV||RUB 78,700|
|2||Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N||RUB 62,090|
|3||Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS||RUB 47 720|
|4||Garmin STRIKER PLUS 5CV||RUB 34,790|
|5||Lowrance HOOK2 5x GPS||RUB 25,000|
|Best fish finders with 3D mode||1||Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon||RUB 184,850|
|2||Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV||RUB 263,700|
|3||Simrad GO7 XSE||RUB 85,570|
|4||Humminbird 788ci HD Combo||RUB 38,450|
|The best fish finders for winter fishing||1||LUCKY FF718 (Ray Ray)||RUB 5,290|
|2||Rivotek Fisher 10||RUB 3,600|
The best stationary echo sounders
The Lowrance HOOK-7x is at the top of the rankings due to its exceptional performance in operating frequency ranges, which other members of the market segment cannot repeat (or even come close to). Structurally, it includes two modules: a control (console) and an irradiating one, which includes a sensitive sensor. It is noteworthy that the operating frequency of the device can change smoothly, in the range from 83 to 800 kHz, however, with a significant (and understandable in such a situation) variation in the viewing angle. However, the limitation of the visible border has no effect on the range, which can also vary in the range of 90-300 meters.
In terms of ergonomic and tread characteristics, the Lowrance HOOK-7x is discreetly 'packaged' in a rubberized casing and has an IPx7 rating. The resolution of a 7-inch screen, made in 16: 9 format, is 800×480 pixels. There is a base of optional add-ons, such as a GPS sensor and microSD cards. Such an echo sounder is worth a lot, however, due to its extended performance characteristics, it is able to quickly recoup all the acquisition costs.
- the ability to work in a wide frequency range (83-800 kHz);
- high degree of protection against mechanical stress and water;
- large display with high-definition picture;
- good range (90-300 m);
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- not detected.
Garmin STRIKER PLUS 4
An excellent stationary echo sounder for fishing from the shore, the popularity of which is due to its excellent safety margin, coupled with a large amount of internal memory. With Garmin's patented Quickdraw Contours software, the Striker Plus 4 can automatically create and save maps of waters up to 8,000 square kilometers. Thanks to the implementation of this function, the angler can independently track various depth changes, as well as the habits and places of the usual accumulation of fish.
However, the cartographic 'chips' of the model do not end there. By default, the fish finder is equipped with a powerful GPS receiver from the factory, thanks to which you can create up-to-date routes with marked waypoints and view the current speed of the vessel. The rest of the Striker Plus 4 looks quite standard: the dual-beam sensor can work with frequencies of different levels, the 4.3-inch screen is equipped with backlighting, and all the electronics are placed under a reliable waterproof case.
- a cartography function has been implemented with the ability to save detailed maps of reservoirs with a total area of up to 8000 square kilometers;
- high quality of the transmitted image;
- an efficient echolocation sensor with two beams of different frequencies
- high detection accuracy.
- high price.
Humminbird HELIX 5 SONAR
The sonar model SONAR from Hummingbird is an updated version of the popular HELIX 5 series, incorporating a number of point improvements. Firstly, it is worth noting the updated five-inch display with a resolution of 480×800 dpi and 256 TFT colors, which has significantly gained in the parameters of image clarity and general information content. To facilitate the use of the device in the dark, a powerful LED backlight was provided, left here from the standard version.
The main innovation of the Humminbird HELIX 5 SONAR concerns the equipment with a dual-beam tracking sensor operating at frequencies of 200 and 83 kHz (with a viewing angle of 20 and 60 degrees, respectively). At the same time, these beams can work separately or simultaneously, providing relevant information to a split display. In order for the information to be highly accurate, a SwitchFire noise filter was installed on the sonar as an additional module, which works with the databases of the 'parasitic' frequencies loaded into the system. And finally, it is worth noting the high degree of power of the echo sounder in general: in the nominal operating mode, it produces up to 500 W of power, which is a good result even for a stationary model.
- good workmanship (several levels of protection against water and shock);
- high output power RMS (500 W);
- the ability to work in two-beam mode;
- automatic fish recognition, water temperature detection and display screening function.
- high price.
Best portable sounders
Deeper Smart Sonar PRO +
Deeper Smart Sonar PRO + represents a conceptually new approach to sonar manufacturing, deservedly occupying a leading line in the ranking of the best. His work is based on the compilation of a detailed map of water depths, the image of which is informative, accurate detailing and extremely understandable.
The operation of the portable Sonar PRO + sensor (65 millimeters in diameter and 100 grams of weight) begins with an ordinary throw into the water using a fishing rod and synchronization with a smartphone on the platform Android or iOS. A stable wi-fi connection makes it possible to receive a picture at a distance of up to 100 meters without fear of a disconnection of the connection and loss of valuable data. Despite the initial coldness of consumers towards the acquisition of an innovative echo sounder, the level of sales nevertheless gradually reached its expected indicators. The main advantages of the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO + are the high degree of reliability, good quality of the resulting picture, as well as durability and relevance in the context of the development of “smart” technology.
- small dimensions of the tracking sensor (65 mm in diameter);
- excellent performance of assigned functions;
- painstaking work of manufacturers on the durability of portable echo sounder elements;
- stable connection with a synchronized device;
- the possibility of optional equipment with a video camera.
- not found.
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 197c PT
Powerful dual-beam echo sounder of the portable version, the potential of which often significantly exceeds that of full-fledged wired models. Actually, there is no reason to expect something different from such an expensive device: Hummingbird has deliberately approached the equipment of the Piranha. By the will of constructive research, the echo sounder received a transmitter with a beam frequency of 400 and 225 kHz, respectively. The stable output power of the device was 300 watts, but at peak values it can reach 2400 watts.
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 197c PT has a fairly wide color screen with organically inscribed indicators of water temperature and working depth, coupled with an accurate display of the bottom relief. As a measure of protection, all the electronics of the device are packed in a waterproof “soft-touch” case with a universal mount provided. According to users, this echo sounder is an excellent assistant in any kind of fishing (from a boat or shore), fully recouping the cost of its purchase.
- The best ratio of price and quality;
- withstanding significant overloads of output power;
- work in the ranges of the 'close' depth horizon;
- good ergonomics of the device (dimensions + material).
- not found.
Lucky FF718 LiCD is an original attempt to create a portable hybrid fishfinder, endowed with the functionality of a full-fledged wired version. For stand-alone operation it is equipped with a powerful lithium-cadmium battery, as indicated by the prefix “LiCD” in the name itself. In contrast to the closest competitors, the central part of the system is adapted to select the operating frequency range in automatic mode. There are three of them, by the way, in the echo sounder: 83 kHz (with a viewing angle of 60 °), 125 kHz (with a view at 90 °) and 250 kHz with the smallest (tunnel) visibility index – only 20 °.
As a measure of protection against the negative effects of water and air of high humidity, Lucky FF718 electronics are placed in a rubberized case, the ergonomic parameters of which are observed with the precision inherent in the Chinese company. An important fact for domestic users is the presence of a Russian translation of the interface, which makes handling the echo sounder extremely simple and understandable.
- work in three preset frequency values (83, 125 and 250 kHz);
- low cost;
- good ergonomics;
- simple, intuitive control interface.
- not found.
Rivotek Fisher 35
The Fisher 35 dual-beam portable echo sounder belongs to the category of rather expensive devices in its segment, justifying the high price tag by including innovative technologies. In this case, we are talking about the proprietary function “A-Scope”, which allows you to boost the moment of detecting fish in the range of the echo sounder to several milliseconds. In general, the tracking and scanning of the bottom relief is carried out by a two-beam sensor operating in the 83 and 200 kHz bands. In this case, the viewing angle is 60 and 20 degrees, respectively.
Other features of the Fisher 35 include a 512-color anti-glare screen, the ability to change the background, and bright LED backlighting. A slightly controversial decision is to equip such a portable device with four AAA batteries, which, even if it foreshadows a large energy reserve, but speaks of an unoptimized power supply process. However, this nuance does not greatly affect the operation of the echo sounder, slightly impairing its ergonomics, but guaranteeing stable operation throughout the entire fishing session.
- stable operation at specified frequencies without interference;
- high-quality display performance;
- high accuracy in determining the location of the fish;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- the feeding process is not optimized.
Awarded to get into the rating of the best and domestic development echo sounder “Praktik” ER-6Pro2, designed for all-season use. As the manufacturer himself notes, the main advantage of this device is a high degree of protection against mechanical and hydraulic influences, as well as a high sensitivity of the tracking sensor. The latter, by the way, is able to distinguish the jig even from a distance of 20 meters, being in the order of muddy water.
The lower threshold for operating temperatures is also a strong point of the “Practitioner” ER-6Pro2, and is as much as -30 degrees Celsius. These results were achieved thanks to the use of a special frost-resistant cable as a wire braid, which is immune to cold bending and cracking. The role of rechargeable batteries in this echo sounder is performed by ordinary AA-batteries (Duracell Turbo Max set), the resource of which (thanks to optimized power consumption) lasts for 150-200 hours of use. This is the best budget choice for those who love productive fishing, who are ready to slightly compromise ergonomics for the sake of high reliability.
- high frost resistance (up to -30 degrees Celsius);
- attractive price;
- up to 200 hours of operation with one set of batteries;
- serious work on the strength and protective performance of the case.
- low degree of ergonomics.
The best fish finders with GPS
Garmin Echomap PLUS 92SV
The largest and at the same time the most productive echo sounder in this segment, unconditionally claiming the first position in the rating of the best. It has a 9-inch WVGA-display with a resolution of 480×800 pixels and a special LED backlight with stepless brightness control. It is equipped with a very powerful and extremely demanding scanning sensor that is capable of operating at a huge number of discrete frequency values. In order not to be unfounded, here is a detailed list of them:
when working in standard 2D CHIRP sonar mode: variation 150-240 kHz with viewing angles of 24 and 16 degrees, respectively;
CHIRP ClearVu and SideVu mode: at 425 or 485 kHz with 2 and 50 degree views, as well as in the 790-850 kHz range with 1 and standard 30 degrees of tunneling visibility.
Among the other advantages of the Garmin Echomap PLUS 92SV, it is worth noting that it is equipped with a wi-fi module and a full-fledged touch screen that fits navigation and general use of the interface. Yes, such a model is by no means small: the developers from Garmin have tried to make an elite device aimed primarily at professionals. And they succeeded, since ordinary anglers rarely have this echo sounder.
- a huge number of operating frequency ranges;
- high quality workmanship;
- the presence of a wi-fi module for using navigation and a WPA / WPA2 format network;
- 9-inch touchscreen display for easy sonar control and information reading;
- a serious level of protection of the 'filling' from various kinds of negative factors
- elitism, expressed in focus on a specific group of professional anglers.
Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N
One step away from the leading position of the rating is a very powerful echo sounder model from Hummingbird, which can boast excellent performance and a very good memory reserve for saving track routes. By the way, according to the last point, the 7-inch HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N is significantly inferior to the competitor in the person of Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS, which makes them approximately equal devices with a modest set of losing nuances. So, in this echo sounder, you can store only 2500 waypoints, 50 routes and 50 tracks (with 20,000 marks in each).
Two programs (Navionics + and AutoChart Live) are used here as cartographic support, which is an important positive feature of the echo sounder. In addition, with a huge selection of operating frequency ranges, the HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N is capable of changing the viewing angles, setting sonar coverage values from 16 to 28, 45 and 75 degrees. The frames of maximum scanned depths have also slightly shifted, taking values of 105 and 200 meters, respectively. From the point of view of cost, this echo sounder looks too expensive, however, due to the large number of implemented technologies and the general quality of manufacturing, this drawback is completely leveled.
- optimal combination of price and quality;
- high power output signal;
- long range of depth scanning;
- four values of the viewing angle (at 18 operating frequencies);
- a large base of implemented technologies.
- not the largest amount of internal memory for memorizing routes.
Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS
Two positions above the 5x model is the updated Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS echo sounder, the main difference of which is a more 'bloated' memory base for saving routes and waypoints. In other words, this device is intended for serious expeditions across large areas, where there is a need for constant markings of the swim on the GPS map. In general, up to 100 routes can be stored here (with 50 points each), about 3,000 arbitrary waypoints, and 100 tracks (each of which can contain 10,000 marks).
Otherwise, the functionality and characteristics of the Lowrance HOOK2 7x GPS are identical to the 5x version – everything except the size of the display. In this case, we are talking about expanding the frames to 7 inches with the same resolution, color and backlight level. In general, the decision is not bad, but the manufacturer's reluctance to delve too deeply into the process of differentiating its own product is evident. And the Americans can be understood: the current pace of technology development needs at least some local containment in the name of greater profits.
- updated 7-inch display;
- several frequency values of work: 200 (CHRIP sonar), 455 (lower view) and 800 kHz (upper view);
- large amount of internal memory for storing cartographic routes, points and tracks;
- optimal quality level.
- same as Lowrance HOOK2 5x GPS.
Garmin STRIKER PLUS 5CV
Another representative of Garmin, referring to the range of standard echo sounders with an implemented GPS navigation function. In terms of operating modes, it is an advanced version of the Striker Plus 4 discussed above, providing a greater level of accuracy when creating cartographic routes. A significant improvement in performance was achieved thanks to the use of a more powerful GPS receiver (with a frequency of 5 Hz).
Other positive changes to Striker Plus 5CV include an increase in the screen up to 5 inches, an increase in the quality of the transmitted picture (due to an integrated approach to noise reduction and display calibration), as well as an expansion of the operating temperature range. From now on, the echo sounder is able to function properly at -20 and +70 degrees Celsius, which makes it a full-fledged device for year-round use.
- an abundance of applied technologies (AutoGain, UltraScroll, Quickdraw Contours, etc.);
- high quality of the transmitted picture;
- powerful GPS-receiver in the base;
- the ability to work in several frequency ranges.
- very high price.
Lowrance HOOK2 5x GPS
The SplitShot version of an interesting echo sounder from the American company Lowrance has earned a place in the ranking of the best with a wide range of operating frequencies, providing excellent dynamics of fishing both from a boat and from the coastline. A fairly compact device with a 5-inch screen always accurately and clearly reacts to the appearance of fish in the location area, which is immediately reported to the angler by means of sound notification. The dual-beam sensor of the model operates at frequencies of 200 and 455/800 kHz, providing a scanning depth of 91 and 152 meters, respectively, and consuming from 200 to 500 watts of power.
From the point of view of the operation of the Lowrance HOOK2 5x GPS navigation receiver, it is rightfully considered one of the best models in its segment. The active module does an excellent job with building routes, marking control points and broadcasting the approximate speed of the vessel. It may seem strange, but the only more or less negative nuance towards the model can be considered rather modest temperature tolerances, ranging from -15 to +55 degrees Celsius. And if in winter it is still worth using with caution and delicacy, then in summer nothing prevents the angler from squeezing the maximum possible out of the device
- optimal cost level;
- long range of echolocation (from 91 to 152 meters);
- high values of the operating frequency (from 200 to 800 kHz);
- high-quality picture;
- convenient control menu and general ergonomics.
- low threshold of the minimum temperature of use (relative to competitors).
Best fish finders with 3D mode
Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon
The leading place in the rating goes to a moderately expensive and no less functional (than Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV) system from Lowrance, which has a huge amount of memory for storing routes (more than 200) and various labels (up to 5000). However, the delights of a 3D echo sounder are by no means limited to this. Thanks to the introduction of a 'Multiple selections Lowrance and Airma' emitter into the system, the frequency ranges of the device's operation have significantly increased in variety, as well as the angles adjusted for this. However, only two frequency parameters (455 and 800 kHz) are displayed in the general specification, which suggests the optional nature of the other values.
Despite an insignificant loss in display size – here it is equal to 9 inches – Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon provides the highest quality of the displayed picture, depending on both the resolution (1280×720 pixels) and the configuration of fine settings (along with anti-glare and backlighting). The maximum scanning depth, equal to a whopping 1524 meters, also requires a mandatory mention. For what needs such an echo sounder may be needed by a standard domestic fisherman – we can only guess. However, the fact that such systems are on the market means that someone is still interested in them.
- huge value of the scanned depth range (up to 1524 meters);
- a large amount of internal memory used to store maps and memorize more than 200 routes;
- very high quality picture;
- the possibility of optional equipment with sonars to work on a different set of frequencies
- 500 watts of radiation power.
- high price.
Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV
The Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV departs from the canons of the standard echo sounder concept, embodying the semblance of a multifunctional sonar and navigation system. With its comprehensive RealVision3D technology, Raymarine has pioneered new standards for depth scanning quality, but has not stopped there. Instead, the seemingly simple tablet has become a real base for optional enhancements. Thus, the location-navigation system can be expanded by adding radars (such as Quantum), thermal imagers, cameras, autopilots, additional scanning sensors, etc.
To enable seamless integration with control platforms (such as smartphones and other gadgets), the Raymarine AXIOM 12 RV has been equipped with wi-fi and Bluetooth modules. This fact is reflected in the convenience and ease of handling the 'fashionable' echo sounder, however, mainly from Western anglers. Those few who dare to buy such an expensive item in Russia pay tribute to the high resolution of the 12-inch display (1280×800 pixels), the good amplifier of the navigation module (10 Hz), as well as the high degree of moisture resistance.
- the ability to significantly expand the system by adding additional components;
- availability of modules for wireless connection with smartphones and tablets;
- 12-inch display with excellent image quality;
- 600 W rated radiation power;
- excellent navigational ability.
- extremely high price (over 200,000 rubles).
Simrad GO7 XSE
This echo sounder is a specialized tablet with the ability to thoroughly study water bodies: from the smallest details of the bottom topography to the type and size of fish at a specific location. All observations are carried out by displaying information on a 7-inch touchscreen display, which hides a very interesting 'stuffing'. There is a special data store designed to fill in saved routes and set points, as well as to house a large database, which includes C-MAP, Navionics, NV Digital and many others.
Following the trends of our time, a wi-fi module has entered the standard equipment of the Simrad GO7 XSE, thanks to which it became possible to control the echo sounder from any paired smartphone on the platform Android or iOS. The main problem of all this splendor is the low relevance among the old school fishermen, of which the number prevails to this day. However, there is no need to talk about zero sales in Russia either: these models are actively bought up, even though the price is by no means low.
- Ability to work with Broadband and CHIRP sonars;
- a huge number of pre-installed cards for every taste;
- large 7-inch screen with high-quality color reproduction and high-definition images;
- high-quality assembly + high level of protection.
- low level of popularity among domestic amateur fishermen;
- high purchase cost.
Humminbird 788ci HD Combo
It sounds strange in the general context of the manufacturer's rating, but the Humminbird 788ci HD Combo is the cheapest representative of high-quality 3D echo sounders on the market. Mainly used for fishing from a boat, this device provides a very informative bottom scan, giving an extremely clear picture directly to a small 5-inch display (640×640 pixels and 256 TFT colors). The scanning depth with a two-beam sensor (with beams of 20 and 60 degrees) can reach up to 330 meters, which makes it easy to catch sea waters.
As with all advanced echo sounders, the Humminbird 788ci HD Combo features a navigation and mapping system. Each user has an internal memory reserve, which is enough to memorize 3000 waypoints, 50 routes or 50 tracks with 20,000 marks in each. The final feature of the model is the possibility of optional equipping with another sensor (QuadraBeam), the beam width of which is 90 degrees. Otherwise, she is the canon representative of the segment, the acquisition of which is advisable for professional anglers.
- informative display of bottom scan results;
- 8x zoom without severe loss of picture quality;
- the ability to 'hang' an additional sensor with a wide viewing angle;
- the presence of a reserve of internal memory for GPS navigation;
- high quality workmanship.
- not detected.
The best fish finders for winter fishing
LUCKY FF718 (Ray Ray)
Unlike its main opponent in the category LUCKY FF718 'Ray Ray' allows you to get a more detailed picture, showing not only the passing fish, but also enlarged features of the bottom relief. In other words, thanks to this echo sounder, the angler can get a general idea of the state of the bottom, albeit without the smallest accompanying nuances.
The depth of action of the model under consideration differs slightly from the Rivotek Fisher 10: the relevant values vary in the range from 0.5 to 73 meters. At the same time, there is a significant improvement in the viewing parameter, since the angle increases to an impressive (in this case) 45 degrees. But the parameters of the LUCKY FF718 display leave much to be desired: dimensions equal to 1.8 inches are not included in any frame of normal visibility. Be that as it may, the echo sounder found a huge response among the fishermen of our country, in particular, for its frost resistance. The operating temperature range here varies from -25 to +70 degrees Celsius, turning an uncomplicated device into a real 'monster' of winter echolocation.
Users in the reviews point to such advantages of the LUCKY FF718 echo sounder (Skat Ray), such as compactness, clear drawing of the bottom relief, frost resistance. The device also has disadvantages. For example, he sometimes identifies bubbles from bait as an approaching school of fish.
- attractive price;
- wide functionality of the model (displays not only production, but also the bottom relief);
- impressive scanning depth (up to 73 meters);
- large operating temperature range.
- small, inconvenient display.
Rivotek Fisher 10
An inexpensive single-beam echo sounder does not belong to the elite of its segment, but it performs scanning functions properly. It works mainly in shallow water in a harsh winter season, when the use of more expensive equipment is unjustified either from a cost standpoint, or from a common sense standpoint.
Specifically, the Rivotek Fisher 10 is not the best combination of the selected frequency and information content. At 200 kHz, its viewing angle is only 20 degrees, which leaves most of the reservoir 'behind the scenes' (many blind spots). Fortunately, the echo sounder determines the depth of the fish depth accurately: the scale includes a fairly wide range from 0.6 to 70 meters. In addition, a small 2.4-inch monochrome screen displays the water temperature, measured using thermocouples integrated into the beam sensor. As for the operating temperature range, here users expect values from -20 to +70 degrees Celsius, which make it possible to freely submerge the echo sounder in water when fishing under ice. A very tempting feature at a low price.
- low cost;
- wide range of operating temperatures;
- high-quality assembly, despite the characteristic flaws;
- a decent indicator of the scanned depth (up to 70 meters).
- very small monochrome display, inconvenient when working in the sun;
- small angle of view of the sonar beam.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.