Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Car cameras rear view is a complete alternative to parking sensors with the ability to assess the situation on the roads behind the car. Present miniature transmitting devices connected to the onboard multimedia system or built-in on top of the configuration screens and tablets. Subdivided into several separate classes:
- mortise chambers – installed by type of sensors parking, crashing into a hole on the bumper or (what happens much less) in the metal of the body. Technically the most difficult to install, since for the normal functioning of such a camera it is necessary think over the installation location in advance and take into account the viewing angle.
- overhead cameras – placed on special supports that are attached (by means of a screw pair or a screw) to any surface. If necessary, a review of the situation behind the most familiar location of such models is about license plate lights. Some variation appears here. viewing angle settings, as a result of which the cameras were classified universal.
- cameras on the license plate frame – systems, installation which can be considered the simplest of all the proposed options. Are a metal or plastic frame with integrated cameras, which snaps into place standard subdimensional framework. However, when choosing them, a couple of important nuances such as basic overall dimensions and configuration mounting holes.
- cameras in the boot handle are standard systems equipping a number of new car models. Represent ready-made trunk handle with a built-in camera that mounts instead of the standard one.
- cameras in the license plate light – are a hybrid system in which in addition to the camera a room light source is installed. Due to the fact that standard plafonds are made individually for each car model, similar rear view cameras are made standard.
Due to the huge number of manufacturing companies and the vastness of the range of cameras, the choice of device has become real a problem for consumers. Magazine jointly with independent experts in this segment, conducted their own market research, based on the results of which a rating of the best rear cameras was compiled species in four thematic categories. Key selection criteria steel consumer reviews, as well as their own technical characteristics of the selected products.
- Rating of the best rear view cameras
- Best overhead rear cameras
- Alpine HCE-C257FD
- GARMIN BC 30
- Avis 985 CMOS
- Blackview IC-01 Wide
- Sho-Me CA-9030D
- Best mortise rear cameras
- AVIS AVS311CPR (185 CCD)
- Incar VDC-002
- Swat VDC-002
- AutoExpert VC-206
- Digma DCV-210
- Best cameras with license plate frame mounting
- Incar VDC-006S
- Blackview UC-77
- Rolsen RRV-200
- Swat VDC-006
- SHO-ME CA-6184LED
- The best rear view cameras with installation in the boot handle
- AVIS AVS326CPR-003
- Incar VDC-065
Rating of the best rear view cameras
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best overhead rear cameras||1||Alpine HCE-C257FD||17 870 rub.|
|2||GARMIN BC 30||23 790 rub.|
|3||Avis 985 CMOS||2 490 rub.|
|4||Blackview IC-01 Wide||1 681 rub.|
|5||Sho-Me CA-9030D||745 rub.|
|Best mortise rear cameras||1||AVIS AVS311CPR (185 CCD)||2 900 rub.|
|2||Incar VDC-002||3 490 rub.|
|3||Swat VDC-002||1 740 rub.|
|4||AutoExpert VC-206||1 720 rub.|
|5||Digma DCV-210||1 090 rub.|
|Best cameras with license plate frame mounting||1||Incar VDC-006S||4 490 rub.|
|2||Blackview UC-77||1 900 rub.|
|3||Rolsen RRV-200||1 400 rub.|
|5||SHO-ME CA-6184LED||1 280 rub.|
|The best rear view cameras with installation in the boot handle||1||AVIS AVS326CPR-003||4 900 rub.|
|2||Incar VDC-065||4 200 rub.|
Best overhead rear cameras
Another representative of the cameras of the new formation, using wireless connection is much better than the main competitor by composite rating. Alpine HCE-C257FD – a prime example of achievement Japanese engineers equipped the device with the ability to capture video with HD resolution (1280×720 pixels). And made it so in such a way as not to “raise” the price of the finished product too much. IN As a result, the rear view camera turned out to be very balanced in characteristics, found a number of desirable settings, as well as pleasant appearance, which is important.
The main functions of the Alpine HCE-C257FD was the ability Automatically adjust white balance and exposure by changes in shutter speed and aperture value. Nuance here can only be that to obtain a distinguishable picture illumination in the region of 1.5 lux is required, while even the most weak, budget camera models (from other segments) may work at 0.1-0.2 lux. The viewing angle of the camera is 180 °, in in connection with which the driver has the opportunity most fully observe the situation behind the car, without blind spots. In general, this the device shows itself very well, and its only condition long-term use – under no circumstances drown in water, because moisture protection here is made just for check marks.
- Connectivity with display display via wireless connections;
- shoots video in HD resolution (1280×720 pixels);
- provides a view of 180 °;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- mediocre moisture protection (may fail with full immersion in water).
GARMIN BC 30
Premium system for reviewing the situation behind the car, including a remote wi-fi module and a camera directly for image capture. It is very expensive, but symbolizes itself a new round of development of tracking systems that have switched from wired connections to more advanced (albeit not always more reliable) wirless interfaces. GARMIN BC 30 has a resolution of 640×220 pixels, displaying a picture in a clearly landscape orientation. Frame rate reduced to 15 per second to enable unhindered connection with the receiver, which imposes certain difficulties for drivers to perceive the video at first it’s time. Accordingly, about any projection of marks when parking here not out of the question, since the system is not able to give reliable assessment of the distance to the obstacle.
What really suits this model is four ports for receiving signals and, accordingly, the ability to install four cameras at once for tracking on all sides of the car. The range of the module and the wireless connection is 13.7 meters, in connection with which situations with poor connection arise it shouldn’t. Ultimately, the rear view camera GARMIN BC 30 became a victim of circumstances, because for its current price It looks pretty damp. If you cut the cost in half, you get perfect device, but so far – only an annoying second place rating.
- Wireless signal transmission system, no need to lay cable through the entire interior of the car;
- signal range is limited to 13.7 meters;
- the ability to connect up to four cameras to one receiver block;
- high quality performance of the camera and receiver.
- reduced frame rate (15 fps) at which actions in real time are perceived harder;
- extremely high price.
Avis 985 CMOS
Inexpensive universal rear view camera can be mounted on both the ceiling / license plate frame and the bracket, and through standard overlay. Hit the rating due to the efforts of manufacturers to create a reliable model with an abundance of protective functions. Such as enclosure sealing as required IP67 standard, anti-fog and anti-fog “fillings” and housing grooves with dust. In addition, despite the use of a CMOS matrix, the resulting image does not distort graininess: the infrared emitter is responsible for lighting the frame, allowing drivers to easily navigate the camera data in Night time.
One of the basic, but nonetheless important features of the Avis 985 CMOS is the presence of a projection of parking lines. They are not made for checkmarks, but really help the user determine the distance to visible obstacles, thereby preventing possible damage a vehicle. TV image resolution is 550 lines, and this is the best broadcast indicator among all the previous ones rating nominees. In general, the 985th model could easily claim a higher place, but it was let down by two important facts. Firstly, communication with the display is established through wired connections. Secondly, the operating temperature range does not provide the ability to use the camera in all regions of Russia (from -20 to +50 degrees Celsius). However, experts have a large confidence that the manufacturer will fix these annoying nuances.
- high resolution broadcasting on a TV line;
- integrated projection of parking marks;
- the presence of infrared illumination to provide a clear picture in the dark;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- “modest” range of working temperatures;
- an obsolete wired method for a device such level.
Blackview IC-01 Wide
Pretty organic aspirant for a high place in the ranking the best, providing an overview of the size of almost expanded angle (178 ° diagonally). Differs from Sho-Me CA-9030D in transmission higher quality pictures (765×504 pixels), including TV lines (520 lines). Instead of CMOS-matrix in Blackview IC-01 Wide used a more modern 1/3 inch CCD, enabling shoot more clearly even in low light conditions – up to 0.1 lux.
Additional “chips” of this rear view camera are compliance with the highest standard of moisture protection IP68, according to which it can be frankly heated in water, as well as the presence of projected parking lines made according to all canon refills parking sensors. It completes the magnificence of the model that is worth she is mere pennies – it is unlikely that you will be able to find something more standing for the same 690-900 rubles.
- high resolution transmitted pictures (765×504 pixel);
- class of execution IP68 – the highest measure of protection against moisture;
- High Definition CCD
- projecting parking marks to facilitate the process car parking.
- for its price – not identified.
Budget option of the overhead camera, the main characteristic which is a very low price. It has viewing angles of 170 and 105 ° in horizontally and vertically, respectively, practically without yielding to your direct competitors. Does not display parking lines, however transmit the image without distortion (in the mirror), thereby allowing you to quite accurately calculate the stopping time and control the distance. Do not allow to adjust the lens, due to what should be adjusted right at the time of installation.
The resolution of the transmitted picture is 656×492 pixels, however, the quality is highly dependent on the time taken. CMOS matrix in Sho-Me CA-9030D generates noise in low light, because of what to use the camera in the dark almost does not work. But in the manufacture of manufacturers took into account the likelihood of dipping device into the water, and, accordingly, took care of sealing enclosures (in full compliance with the IP67 standard). But here is slightly pumped up temperature indicators, according to which to use model in the harsh winter periods of Siberia is simply impossible, because -20 degrees Celsius here is the standard mode. The rest is decent option for those who do not want to spend too much and do not expect from cameras of transcendental functionality.
- very low price;
- fairly high resolution (656×492 pixels);
- acceptable workmanship (sturdy case + durable elements);
- viewing angles vertically and horizontally (170 and 105 °).
- rather modest functionality (without parking lines and etc.);
- Not the most optimal allowable temperature conditions.
Best mortise rear cameras
AVIS AVS311CPR (185 CCD)
Chamber peephole with an even better fixation mechanism cameras in the landing slot using fundamentally more high-quality version of the matrix for capturing images. Manufacturers went on a conscious rejection of the CMOS-matrix, choosing in favor CCD There are a lot of positive trends from such a decision: from practically complete elimination of noise (which is especially noticeable when shooting at night time) until the uniform photosensitivity of each separately taken pixel. Accordingly, even with a resolution of 512×492 there is a significant increase in quality, which, as part of the rating, just can not remain without attention.
Minimum required illumination AVIS AVS311CPR (185 CCD) for of receiving a distinguishable image remained at the level of 0.1 lux – it is strange that, having decided to upgrade by replacing the matrix, manufacturers did not think about equipping the camera with a backlight. However, this does not affect the high level of her work. From the rest IP68 waterproof stand out, label projection for easier orientation during parking, as well as a set of mounts, going (standard) complete with the camera itself.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- high quality of the received image;
- the presence of a projection of tags for parking;
- use of a more advanced CCD-matrix;
- reliable camera clips in the seat.
- not found.
From a purely visual point of view, the Incar VDC-002 is a complete analogue the previous nominee, with the only difference being that the fixing “horns” here are made in a much more reliable manner. Inside the camera – the same 1/3 inch CMOS sensor, same color formats (PAL, NTSC), the same resolution TVL (480 lines), but more “square” image captured by the camera (resolution 628×582 pixel).
The striking differences between Incar and Swat are not observed even in functional planes. Here, as in the competitor, there is a projection parking tags, IP67 waterproof, and mirrored image display. And only the required illumination (0.1 lux) sets the tone for the few subtleties that take place to be. Amid such small changes, the increase in value, albeit a penny, it doesn’t look the best way … until speech does not go beyond the rigidity of the installation and the attendant moments. The above-mentioned petals fixing the camera in the nest are made of elastic metal alloy that does not allow plastic deformations and, accordingly, weakening of the landing. In this connection tearing and moving the camera becomes almost impossible, in contrast with the Swat VDC-002.
- rigid locking petals in the design of the camera;
- high quality camera manufacturing;
- resolution 628×582 pixels;
- 0.1 lux of required illumination to form Images.
- almost a complete analogue of a competitor.
Another mortise eye of the budget segment without options for adjusting the tilt and viewing location, but with a number of other useful features. Swat VDC-002 seems a bit more weak counterpart AutoExpert VC-206, the only superior whose function is to enable broadcasting on a TV line (480 pixels). In normal mode, video is recorded in resolution 648×488 pixels by 1/3 inch CMOS capture. Fortunately, the supported color modes allow the camera without problems working with PAL and NTSC, providing at least some semblance of variability and universality.
As for the additional features, here is the Swat VDC-002 can offer optimum moisture and dust protection for execution IP67, projection of parking marks, as well as image display in the mirror. Only 0.2 lux stands out from the rest required lighting to obtain an image, as well as full connection kit consisting of two coaxial channels.
- low price;
- presence of tags for parking;
- good dust and moisture protection;
- high quality shutter speed in terms of camera equipment and manufacturing body elements;
- excellent resolution (648×488 pixels).
- not the best external performance.
Universal rear view camera with the ability to mount on bracket, tripod or socket, giving the driver the opportunity adjust the tilt and, accordingly, the viewing point with an angle of 170 °. Despite the low price, it has the ability to projection virtual parking lines on display to facilitate parking process. Resolution of the image fed to the radio is 648×488 pixels, and there is a real possibility shooting at night, since the camera matrix requires only 0.1 Lux illuminance to form clearly visible Images.
As a favorable difference from the majority presented here AutoExpert VC-206 nominees have the highest level of protection against Moisture: IP68. Thanks to this, the camera is not afraid of complete immersion on depth of more than 1 meter, as well as sudden pressure drops due to the formation of turbulent and laminar flows on passable water plot. Largely because of this and not the most aesthetic the appearance of the camera was strongly chosen by the owners of large crossovers and SUVs that do not mind leaving the city for off-road.
- highest degree of moisture protection (IP68);
- working protection against fogging and dust;
- the presence of camera adjustment for tilt, a good angle review;
- very low light requirements to form distinguishable Pictures (0.1 lux);
- the presence of projected parking marks.
- plain appearance.
Digma mortise “eye” – the most budgetary and an attractive solution to the problem of reviewing the situation behind the car, giving an image of adequate quality even in the dark. This DCV-210 owes a lot to infrared light, turning on when the camera is in night mode. Resolution the original image is 640×480 pixels, which is a satisfactory result, even by the standards of expensive models.
Of the additional features of Digma DCV-210 can be distinguished moisture protection in case the installation is to be carried out in rear bumper material to match the sensors of the parking sensors system. However, even despite the IP67 mark, fill them and make them intentionally working underwater is not recommended: depressurization individual case elements may overtake the device unexpectedly. IN otherwise, the rear view camera shows itself perfectly, which naturally expressed in high popularity among owners auto.
- very low price;
- good resolution (640×480 pixels);
- Nice design and durable plastic camera clips in nest;
- Possibility of night shooting using IR illumination.
- moisture protection leaves much to be desired.
Best cameras with license plate frame mounting
It just so happened that the Incar VDC-006S is the most expensive, and at the same time the most powerful frame camera in the segment, proved to be on expert testing from the best side. Firstly, I want to note the intangible, but present here reliability indicator, and both in the “insides” of the camera, and by the fortress of the frame itself. Secondly, it is worth noting the highest resolution (628×582 pixels) and more “square” picture on camera output tied to using a CMOS sensor size 1/3 inch
Another and final moment of the striking difference of Incar VDC-006S from competitors exists in the plane of minimum required Illumination for the ability to transmit images. Here she is is 0.1 lux, and allows with a greater share of efficiency use the camera in the dark. Alone follows note the presence of parking tags, as well as moisture protection at IP67, thanks to which the sensitive “filling” is not scary flooding and pressure of a meter layer of water.
- high degree of reliability;
- high-quality filling of the camera;
- high resolution (622×582);
- moisture protection and parking projection systems arcs;
- minimum illumination is only 0.1 lux.
- high price.
If with the Rolsen frame camera model there is a hint of budgeting even in matters of functionality, then with the Blackview UC-77 is not everything is so simple. A slightly more expensive device is a model of how quality becomes the main derivative of popularity among users of all financial links. Based on the matrix CMOS, this rear view camera has a resolution of 648×488 pixels, or, when outputting on TV lines, 420 lines. Supports color PAL and NTSC format, so it can be paired with the vast most modern multimedia technology in the car.
But perhaps the main feature of the Blackview UC-77 is the presence of parking tags. If the previous representatives of the segment provided only a visual definition of the range to supposed obstacle, then here the driver is in the right focus on standard labels indicating quite specific distance to objects. All this is fraught with the possibility work in direct and mirror image display mode, as well as with viewing angle of 170 °. For its price, the device is more than worthy.
- the presence of parking tags that simplify the parking process;
- resolution 648×488 pixels;
- ability to work in PAL and NTSC color;
- Excellent value for money and quality.
- not found.
The most important plus candidate for leadership from the company Rolsen – extremely low price, perfectly correlated with those few “chips” embedded in the camera structure. RolsenRRV-200 uses a budget, but very smart in terms of processing CM inch CMOS image sensor. In this situation resolution standard 640×480 pixels looks very decent result.
As for the reliability of the image displayed on the display radio, then it turns out to be mirrored, which is typical for all budget devices. On this basis, the RRV-200 does not differs from previous nominees, as well as not inferior to them in moisture protection index. IP67 – the cherished minimum that undertook to comply with all products interested in fighting this categories. Largely due to the low price and actual “indestructibility” in the water frame camera from Rolsen became an object high demand from off-road drivers who love to do frequent trips outside the city limits.
- very low price;
- good resolution of the resulting picture (640×480);
- optimum moisture resistance and temperature resistance, making The camera is a favorite in choosing among SUV drivers;
- high quality frame housing.
- lack of white balance calibration and other settings automatic action mode.
Higher performance frame with appropriate indicators of protection against penetration of moisture and dust, and also Automatically adjust white balance to transmit the same high-quality pictures at any time of the day. Has permission 648×488 pixels, and for this indicator almost completely superior to the SHO-ME frame camera. However worth almost three times more than mentioned, while giving a lot of others positive properties.
In particular, it is worth highlighting a more stable signal at level 48 dB, as well as 0.2 lux of lighting, the minimum required for providing capture and display of a distinguishable image. Complied with class IP67 Swat VDC-006 guarantees stable operation under water up to a depth of 1.5 meters. It is also noteworthy that the range of permissible temperatures vary between -30 and +70 degrees Celsius, making camera suitable for use in most regions Of Russia.
- a complete set of connecting the camera to the receiver (set coaxial cables);
- excellent moisture resistance and temperature resistance;
- acceptable viewing angle (170 °);
- quality construction.
- high price, nevertheless offset by a good selection properties and characteristics.
According to consumers SHO-ME CA-6184LED – exemplary frame-type camera that has absolutely no no flaws in terms of functionality for its modest cost. Equipped with 1/3 inch CMOS sensor which provides operative image processing and gives a minimum amount noise even when shooting at dusk. Resolution of the received picture is 512×492 pixels, which also contributes to adequate the perception of the situation behind the car when parking or maneuvering on limited space.
A notable feature of the SHO-ME CA-6184LED is performance class. Dust and moisture protection of the device corresponds IP67 standard, according to which it can be immersed on a depth of over 1 meter without fear for performance and integrity. Thus, this model will be a great option. for picking off-road vehicles, which are often selected on off-road and go to mud areas, as well as wade through shallow reservoirs. The price of the issue, as mentioned above, is minimal, however quality is at the level of more demanding cameras.
- IP67 performance – reliable moisture protection with the possibility of good work under water at a depth of more than 1 meter;
- solid assembly;
- satisfactory picture quality;
- A complete set of camera connections.
- not identified.
The best rear view cameras with installation in the boot handle
Could not get past the rating and the rear view camera AVIS AVS326CPR-003, suitable for one single car model (but what kind) Porsche Cayenne II 2010 release. Largely it was she who deserved the most complementary reviews from experts, because it includes not only satisfactory dynamic shooting options, but also a number of systems that facilitate The process of parking and improving the received picture.
Firstly, it is worth highlighting the presence of dynamic (and static) parking markings with very accurate distance calibration alleged obstacle. There is auto gain control AGC, reflected light compensator and automatic white balance. The viewing angle, as in the case of the Incar VDC-065, is 170 °, allowing the driver to get a full calculation of the traffic situation from behind. As practice shows, users rarely resort to the acquisition of this camera, giving preference to more universal models. The reason here is the need additional costs for replacing the handle and gasket contact wires that in a car of this class does not have at all necessary.
- low cost (one who can afford Cayenne, with easily buy a camera for 4.7-5 thousand rubles);
- the abundance of automatic adjustments to the camera;
- viewing angle of 170 °;
- the presence of dynamic markings for parking.
- Suitable for just one specific car model.
Rearview Camera for Audi and Volkswagen ranked for excellent performance visibility. Transmits an image with a resolution of 628×582 to the radio a pixel whose quality is sufficient to assess the situation behind auto. The maximum illumination at which the camera is capable transmit the picture, is 0.1 lux, and therefore, if available even a minimal light source (read at night) it will useful.
The viewing angle of the Incar VDC-065 is 170 °, and for this In terms of performance, the camera significantly exceeds its competitors in the category. The degree of moisture resistance differs positively, corresponding to the IP66 performance level. Device operating temperature also clearly designed for versatility in terms of climate zones operation, adequately practicing with indicators from -40 to +65 degrees Celsius. According to users, the cost of the camera regarding the entire component variety for German car brands are very, very modest: for the device of such level you need to put out of your pocket a little less than 4 thousand rubles. IN together with high quality and reliability, this price tag gives corresponding plus to popularity, causing high demand with side of domestic consumers.
- suitable for more than eight Audi cars (A4, A5, Q3 and Q5) and Volkswagen (Touareg, Jetta, Tiguan, Passat);
- high quality and reliability indicators;
- reasonable cost;
- viewing angle equal to 170 °.
- not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.