Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
How to choose the best fish bait
Modern fishing has absorbed a huge number of once secondary things, making them integral attributes of a good catch. One of these managed to become a bait mixture – once a very rare, but still extremely popular supplement that stimulates the biting of fish in a certain water location. To choose the perfect groundbait, the guarantee of operation of which is close to 100%, we recommend following simple and practical popular advice:
For fishing roach, dark baits with a characteristic sweetish smell of vanilla, a strong aroma of coffee or nuts are ideal. When fishing in small reservoirs with a prevailing small inhabitant, mixtures of strictly fine grinding should be used, the particles of which will fit the concept of a fine fraction. For a larger representative of this family, craftsmen recommend adding corn or wheat crackers to the composition.
When hunting carp, opt for coarsely ground mixes with a sweet aroma and corn kernels. This combination will delight the fish with full taste.
Crucian carp and bream are the most unpretentious lure species, favoring mixtures with various flavors (all except seafood). True, from the point of view of color, light baits, very noticeable at any depth, will be most preferable.
- Rating of the best baits for fishing
- The best bait for bream
- Sensas 3000 Club Bremes
- Traper 'Bream'
- Marsel Van Den Eynde Gold-Pro Greel
- Greenfishing Feeder 'Bream'
- The best bait for roach
- Sensas 3000 Explosive Gardon
- MINENKO Pro Sport 'Roach'
- Sensas Aromix Gardon Black
- The best bait for crucian carp
- Traper sekret 'Tench / Carp'
- Sensas 3000 Carassin
- Marcel van den eynde feeder
- The best bait for carp
- MINENKO PMbaits CARP
- Sensas 3000 Match Carp
- Traper big carp
- Best bait for a feeder
- Marcel van den eynde superfeed
- Sensas 3000 Match Feeder Big Fish
- Sensas 3000 Super Fond
- Marcel Van Den Eynde Gold Pro Bream
Rating of the best baits for fishing
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best bait for bream||1||Sensas 3000 Club Bremes||310 RUB|
|2||Traper 'Bream'||260 RUB|
|3||Marsel Van Den Eynde Gold-Pro Greel||280 RUB|
|4||Greenfishing Feeder 'Bream'||135 RUB|
|The best bait for roach||1||Sensas 3000 Explosive Gardon||408 RUB|
|2||MINENKO Pro Sport 'Roach'||235 RUB|
|3||Sensas Aromix Gardon Black||RUB 488|
|The best bait for crucian carp||1||Traper sekret 'Tench / Carp'||155 RUB|
|2||Sensas 3000 Carassin||440 RUB|
|3||Marcel van den eynde feeder||RUB 350|
|The best bait for carp||1||MINENKO PMbaits CARP||RUB 250|
|2||Sensas 3000 Match Carp||650 RUB|
|3||Traper big carp||224 r|
|Best bait for a feeder||1||Marcel van den eynde superfeed||280 RUB|
|2||Sensas 3000 Match Feeder Big Fish||650 RUB|
|3||Sensas 3000 Super Fond||440 RUB|
|4||Marcel Van Den Eynde Gold Pro Bream||280 RUB|
The best bait for bream
Sensas 3000 Club Bremes
An expensive but very effective groundbait Sensas 3000 Club Bremes – a unique development for use throughout the fishing season. It perfectly conveys aroma in warm and cold water, guaranteeing a quick approach to the feeding area of medium and large bream. In addition to playing on the taste buds of fish, this mixture works very well visually, ranging from an inconspicuous dark to bright yellow hue.
Club Bremes has at its disposal three different mixes, suitable for specific fishing conditions:
- the dark brown Brune bait is very good when fishing in cold waters, at the very beginning of the spring or late autumn season of spinning fishing;
- yellow Classic shows itself well in the summer season, has a medium-ground consistency and actively attracts the attention of an average bream;
- The 'mysterious' mixture Noire, which has a dark color, is designed to attract exceptionally large bream, as it consists of large particles.
- Thus, Club Bremes is the most demanded bait on domestic reservoirs, the only weak point of which is the high price.
- the presence in the series of three types of bait;
- the ability to use throughout the year-round fishing season;
- attractants that are most attractive for bream;
- optimal balance of nutritional components (proteins, fats and carbohydrates).
- high price.
Although marketed as feed for bream, this Traper feed mix is great for luring other large fish as well. Based on remote-acting additives, this formulation includes medium to coarse pellets that keep fish in place for extended periods.
According to consumers, the main feature of Traper 'Bream' bait is the ability to adjust the consistency and density of the balls. However, this process requires the use of additional substances, such as light soil, clay and other binding-sedimentary elements. All this adds versatility to the mixture, but requires additional costs (including time) to purchase or find components.
- about 10 fragrances within the line;
- acceptable level of cost;
- optimal consistency to attract medium and large fish (medium and large fractions of granules);
- the possibility of baiting other inhabitants of reservoirs.
- to achieve the desired effect from bait, it is necessary to introduce additional (settling) elements.
Marsel Van Den Eynde Gold-Pro Greel
This bait for catching bream was developed by the famous Dutch angler back in the 1980s, but still has not lost its popularity among users all over the world. Initially, the secret of Gold-Pro Greel's success was carefully guarded by the team of Marseille. But later, having tied up with performances at major professional championships, Van Den Einde decided to launch it to the masses.
As it turned out, the whole point of Marsel Van Den Eynde Gold-Pro Greel was the overly sweet aroma that the balls exuded when immersed in warm water. Yes, in the cold they were absolutely useless, but in terms of fishing in the summer they simply had no equal. Due to the optimal selection of the pellet fraction, the producers managed to achieve a relative safety of the 'lure' when submerged. The scattering of the ball in the trough occurred only after touching the bottom, which suited both the athlete and the neat bream. The main advantage of this mixture, domestic users call the possibility of mixing with other VDE-compounds in order to vary the physicochemical parameters for any fishing conditions.
- wide mixing possibilities with other bait compositions;
- long-term retention of bream in the bait zone;
- predominance of very sweet aromas;
- optimal composition, crumbling only after submersion to the bottom of the reservoir.
- extremely ineffective in cold water.
Greenfishing Feeder 'Bream'
GF Feeder 'Bream' is positioned as a first-class groundbait for bream, for which it naturally gets a place in the ranking of the best. Unlike competitors in the top, this mixture serves to attract smaller bream, as it contains mainly small and medium fractions of the nutrient composition. Among other things, it already contains weighting agents as impurities that increase the density and prevent the ball from disintegrating too early. For the latter, by the way, the glue mixture based on bentonite is also responsible, slightly concealing the aromatic qualities of the bait.
By the way, something really amiss is going on with the fragrances here. The sweetish smell in all its variety disappears quickly enough, managing to lure the bream to the stern and keep it there for 5-6 hours. In principle, there is enough time for fishing, but in comparison with competitors, this duration of action is clearly not enough.
- the possibility of luring mediocre bream;
- good selection of the consistency of the composition;
- low cost;
- high quality of the prepared mixture;
- additional stimulation with a bright boilie color.
- weak aromatization of the composition.
The best bait for roach
Sensas 3000 Explosive Gardon
A universal roach bait with fine granules, perfect for combining with various types of soil. It works great with long-term bait, when the angler wants to prepare a special cool place for himself. Begins to work at full strength 1-2 hours after immersion, gradually releasing aroma into the water over the next 24 hours. When used independently, it is perfectly tracked at depth and shallow water, since it has a light noticeable color.
It should be said that at first the Sensas 3000 Explosive Gardon was greeted rather coldly, since the domestic angler is used to relying on more affordable Russian baits. Today the situation has changed radically: despite the high cost, this mixture is very popular among professionals, used mainly in the summer season.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- persistent sweetish aroma, accompanied by a noticeable color;
- excellent bait for long-term retention of roach in one place;
- long operating time for odor release.
- not found.
MINENKO Pro Sport 'Roach'
Summer groundbait for warm water MINENKO Pro Sport 'Roach' is a kind of emergency lure for cases of 'zero' bite in the chosen place. It has a sweetish aroma that is lavished thanks to the generously embedded oily base. It attracts the vast majority of predators from the periphery, acting out their appetite, thereby stimulating the submerged bait to attack. It is distinguished by medium grinding and high concentration of proteins in the composition, which cause only slight saturation, without bringing the level of satiety to the maximum.
As for the user verdict, the level of bait sales that surpasses the vast majority of foreign competitors speaks volumes about this situation. Actually, the basis for this success is a fairly reasonable price, which has grown noticeably only in the last few seasons.
- domestic bait, made in the best traditions of foreign analogues;
- sweetish aroma that quickly spreads in water (mostly warm);
- a high-protein base that does not give the fish a feeling of fullness;
- neutral middle fraction, weeding out fines.
- the price has slightly increased in recent years.
Sensas Aromix Gardon Black
Roach bait with a characteristic sweetish taste, the use of which can attract other representatives of water bodies to the bait site. Contrary to its competitive formulations, Gardon Black is a viscous oily liquid with a mild wasteful aroma, sharpened for feeding any, even the smallest roach. According to the initial data from the anglers and the manufacturer, this mixture is not self-sufficient, but is intended for processing other baits, mainly from the 3000 Gardon series.
Tellingly, when using Sensas Aromix Gardon Black, consumers noticed a noticeable increase in fish on a patch of groundbait, as well as stimulation of roach biting on various lures. It is impossible to judge it as a complete mixture, and therefore we recognize it as the best of all liquid additives for attracting roach, of which there are not so many on the market.
- low consumption for the needs of the additive;
- stimulation of the approach of fish to the feeding place;
- moderately persistent and unintentionally bright sweetish smell;
- the possibility of luring other fish species (with the exception of roach).
- the inability to use as a self-sufficient bait.
The best bait for crucian carp
Traper sekret 'Tench / Carp'
Encouraging crucian carp with bait is a matter of extreme necessity, since in an abundant state it bites regularly. It's another matter when the sports interest pulls the angler to fish out some transcendent, trophy samples: in such a situation, Traper Sekret bait is indispensable. Despite the nondescript color, it perfectly lures the fish to the feeding point, while showing remarkable selective ability. Indirectly, this function depends on the size of the granules in the portioned ball – they are all large and medium in size.
According to users' comments, the already effective action of Traper Sekret can be improved by adding corn, pearl barley or chopped worms to the composition of grains, against which no tench or crucian can resist. The only limitation is that the overall efficiency is observed only when fishing in warm water, since in cold streams the bait's own aroma, alas, does not spread.
- packing in packs of 1 kilogram;
- high efficiency of action of flavorings in warm water;
- the possibility of luring crucian carp, tench and other non-predatory inhabitants of water bodies;
- selective effect on fish (creates interest mainly for large crucians).
- poor aroma diffusion in cold water.
Sensas 3000 Carassin
Seasonal mixture of coarse grinding, which got into the rating due to excellent selective actions and sharpening for throwing already at the stage of simple casting. Having adopted the successful practice of such successful specimens as Club Bremes, the Sensas company decided to give Carassin a yellow color, so that when slowly sinking to the bottom, the bait managed to attract a lot of attention. In the second phase of luring, the aromatic component of the feed is involved – a little sweet with subtle nuances of other tastes. But the carrier of the aroma in the case of this mixture is oil, which binds odors well and practically does not spread them in cold water.
The selective function of Sensas 3000 Carassin, which is much more advanced than in the competitive Traper Sekret, has earned considerable respect in user circles. The only problem: the cost of this mixture is decently higher than that of the category leader.
- bright sweetish taste, pleasant for the perception of crucian carp and carp;
- powerful selective functions;
- yellow color, attracting attention at the immersion stage of the mixture;
- kilogram packing.
- high cost in the Russian market;
- low efficiency when casting into cold water.
Marcel van den eynde feeder
Feeder lure designed specifically for working in stagnant water bodies and in weak currents. It has a relatively high friability, which is why it begins to decompose almost immediately after immersion in water. It forms a wide bait spot that spreads the strongest flavor over a decent distance (according to some users, the effective range is 100 meters). The main feature of Marcel Van Den Eynde Feeder is a riot of flavors: the original mixture contains several flavors at once, the action of which begins with a slight delay relative to each other. So, the first notes of taste discovered in this bait are always sweet, set off by a gradual transition to sour and salty, causing a real fury of the underwater inhabitant.
Such features are very rare in common groundbaits and are often caused by a significant increase in the cost per unit of product. Actually, Marcel Van Den Eynde Feeder was no exception – a kilogram of this wonderful food is very expensive.
- a complex, multicomponent aroma that evokes a riot of lured fish;
- adaptability for adding additional elements to the composition;
- very clear selective effect on fish;
- the possibility of changing the consistency due to the deposited base.
- high level of cost.
The best bait for carp
MINENKO PMbaits CARP
Quite predictably, the domestic representative of the companies for the production of bait mixtures ascended to the first line of the rating. MINENKO managed to do exactly what famous manufacturers failed to do – to create a bait that is wide in its nomenclature, but very balanced from one type to another. Thus, the PMbaits CARP series includes feeds based on boilies, widely used pellets and grains, as well as combinations of several species for specific fishing conditions. Their compositions are also different, but they contain strictly regulated sources of carbohydrates (all kinds of cereals), protein (small cut of insects or worms), and fats (most often fish oil). As for the packaging, it was not without innovation. Along with the standard package for 1 kilogram, 3-kilogram packs of mixtures, called BIG Pack, were on sale.
In reverse, MINENKO PMbaits CARP is the most preferred groundbait at the moment. It significantly outperforms its opponents in moderation of key characteristics, cost, and variety.
- low cost level;
- a variety of flavors and formulations (including protein-based);
- an abundance of options for fractional separation of bait;
- the availability of packs for 1 and 3 kilograms on sale;
- excellent work in hot and cold water.
- not detected.
Sensas 3000 Match Carp
The practice of producing groundbaits under the supervision of renowned professional anglers has once again led Sensas 3000 to a high position in the ranking of the best. Despite its limited use only in warm water, Match Carp cannot be called a 'boring' option. The fact is that it is based on a combination of several aromatic additives, which at one moment open the range of taste for the underwater inhabitants of the carp family. There is sweetness, sourness, and other shades of aroma that plunge the fish into a state of uncontrollable hunger.
To the strict opinion of users, the Sensas 3000 Match Carp turned out to be a surprisingly good and effective lure of a universal level (not only for match fishing). She does an excellent job with her duties both in stagnant water and in a decent current, collecting fish from all corners of the reservoir in the location of the feeding.
- packing in packs of 1 and 2 kilograms;
- 'comfortable' consistency for sculpting strong balls;
- complex range of tastes;
- the range of action is approximately 100 meters (when fishing in still water);
- attractive price;
- self-sufficiency with the possibility of adding additional elements.
- mediocre work in cold water.
Traper big carp
According to the canons of its own corporate identity, the Traper company once again presented a selective bait mixture to anglers, but now for catching large carp. Big Carp is wholly and entirely based on granular elements of the large fraction, luring exclusively trophy individuals of the carp family (including crucian carp, carp and grass carp). In addition to 'meat' additions in the form of grinding worms, other protein elements such as nuts, nutritious plant seeds, etc. are often included in these mixtures.
According to anglers, Traper Big Carp is best used in a mix with other groundbaits that are smaller in size or grain. In this case, the fish undergoes a kind of 'bombardment' with a complex aroma, and also allows the catch of mediocre carp individuals. Among the characteristic shortcomings of this mixture, a limited number of its own smells are attributed – only the tastes of honey, cream, vanilla or neutral corn are available to users.
- selective effect on caught fish (only large specimens in pure form);
- low price.
- the possibility of mixing groundbait with other mixtures;
- good work in water, regardless of temperature;
- small set of flavors;
- low efficiency is possible due to extremely coarse granulation of the mixture.
Best bait for a feeder
Marcel van den eynde superfeed
Feeder bait VDE Superfeed is a complex bait mixture, suitable for promptly luring carp, bream, roach and other large fish of freshwater reservoirs to the place of casting. Made on the basis of protein, it is coarsely ground and contains all the necessary nutrients for use without introducing impurity elements. However, the combination with other compositions also brings good results: they often even exceed the catch with the basic bait several times.
Popular tests of the VDE Superfeed luring effect show that the aroma properties of the mixture are capable of spreading 100-200 meters from the place of casting, that is, working over a large area. Often there is such excitement in the spot of complementary foods that the feeder bait is lost against the background of large fish fluttering. However, its action lasts for a whole day, thanks to which anglers have a real chance to catch a lot of trophies.
- wide mixing possibilities with branded products from Marcel Van Den Eynde;
- high activity of action (the first results are visible within 30 minutes after casting);
- wide range of bait work;
- an abundance of aromas.
- high price.
Sensas 3000 Match Feeder Big Fish
Another typical season from the Sensas company, which has a lethal effect of flavorings on the taste buds of big fish. 3000 Match Feeder Big Fish has pronounced selective features, largely due to the exceptionally large fraction of the pellets. It comes in 2kg bags and looks like a decent product for its value. The same pronounced oily base, which blocks the spread of odor in cold water, intensively divides it in warm water, fizzling out in at least 36 hours.
If the same Super Fond or other representatives of the series had a pronounced sweetish or sour taste, then Match Feeder Big Fish has a complex aromatic effect on the fish, expressed in a huge number of aftertaste notes (from sweet to salty and even bitter). All this makes it one of the most effective groundbaits … however, the strict seasonality makes its own adjustments.
- packing of 2 kilograms per pack;
- complex aromatic action;
- pronounced selective functions;
- the duration of action of aromatic additives is 36 hours;
- attractive price.
- inability to work in cold water.
Sensas 3000 Super Fond
The expensive but extremely effective 3000 Super Fond bait from Sensas has won the love of feeder carp and carp fishing enthusiasts. Having a practical similarity in advantages and disadvantages with VDE Gold Pro Bream, it shows much more concentrated results in terms of the success of a single fishing. Thanks to the exuberant aromatic accompaniment, the work on luring the fish begins immediately after the tackle is thrown into the water. Its duration is also limited to 24 hours, but the effectiveness of complementary foods comes on a wave of comparison with the leader of the rating (represented by VDE Superfeed).
According to experts, Super Fond works great in its pure form, but if the need arises, anglers can always mix something more specific by using a number of other mixtures from Sensas. In general, the bait shows itself perfectly, but due to the high cost, as well as the seasonality, it has not yet reached great popularity on Russian soil.
- rich oily base;
- the prevailing presence of protein in the mixture;
- strong flavors in all their diversity;
- wide range of working area (up to 200 meters in still water).
- high price;
- seasonality (can only work in warm water).
Marcel Van Den Eynde Gold Pro Bream
High-protein feeder bait, the working potential of which is revealed when used in warm water. Gold Pro Bream is a typical oil-based bait, a hydrophobic compound that does not release aroma well into cold water. Thus, the use of this bait is justified only in the summer season, where it manifests itself exclusively from its best side. Firstly, the increased density of the composition prevents the koloboks from falling apart immediately after casting – their disintegration begins right at the bottom of the reservoir. Secondly, it will not work to call the bait otherwise than selective – the extremely even middle fraction of the granules strongly disposes of this. As for the taste, according to the assurances of the developers, it is very much like the Brasem bream dressing, which once 'burst' the world market with huge demand.
Nevertheless, consumers are very restrained about this mixture, noting the good aroma properties and the possibility of making combinations with other products of the Dutch company. Among the shortcomings, a high price per kilogram is rightfully attributed, as well as the aforementioned inability to work even in a little bit cold water.
- very dense structure of the middle fraction;
- a composition with a predominance of proteins;
- selective qualities;
- strong aroma, 'fizzling out' after only 24 hours of action.
- high price;
- poor performance in cold water.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.