Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Do you know what mileage the branded stabilizer struts are aimed at? Do you know how often they have to be changed during mixed (highway / off-road) vehicle operation? Do you know which companies are the best in this segment of the auto parts market?
Surely the problem of acquiring racks at least once touched you and your car, and an important indicator in choosing them was the answer to the phrase: 'How long will they last?'. So: the pledged resource of a high-quality rack for operation on flat roads and highways is (on average) about 100-150 thousand kilometers. It is quite difficult to believe in this, especially in the conditions of the domestic situation with the roads. After all, here most of them hardly skate even a full season, not to mention the cherished 30 or 50 thousand kilometers, which look like a number simply unattainable.
With such indicators, each car owner wants to find the most 'comfortable' manufacturer, whose product would have both high quality and a price much lower than in official service centers. Having researched the market together with a group of in-house and independent experts, the magazine compiled its own rating of the best manufacturing companies, for convenience, divided into three price categories. Feedback from users and opinions of competent specialists in the field of parts for the chassis of a car were used as the main selection criterion for the nominees.
- Rating of the best manufacturers of stabilizer struts
- The best manufacturers of premium segment stabilizer bars
- The best manufacturers of stabilizer struts in the middle price segment
- The best manufacturers of budget stabilizer racks
Rating of the best manufacturers of stabilizer struts
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||Rating|
|The best manufacturers of premium segment stabilizer bars||1||Lemforder||4.9|
|The best manufacturers of stabilizer struts in the middle price segment||1||CTR||4.9|
|The best manufacturers of budget stabilizer racks||1||Febi||4.6|
The best manufacturers of premium segment stabilizer bars
A level manufacturer of auto parts for cars of a wide range, having in its assortment products for all three price segments. Lemforder is currently a so-called packaging company that sells goods produced by other companies under its own label. In the case of stabilizer stands for brand packaging, spare parts come from several enterprises at once:
firstly, from the friendly company BOGE, which is part of the corporation ZF Friedrichshafen AG. These racks are considered original;
secondly, spare parts are supplied from a more budgetary, but from this no less reliable Korean brand CTR. Very often in the original boxes with the Lemforder logo there are stands under the name of an Asian company.
Thus, having earned the fame of an elite manufacturer, the German grandee radically changed the model of work, but still tries to keep the brand of reliability and its own image. Excellent work and unconditional first place in the rating.
- old company with great influence in the segment;
- high quality of the supplied (albeit not independently produced) product;
- racks available for three price segments;
- active cooperation with members of the corporation and foreign companies.
- not found.
All Brake System is a large European manufacturer of premium auto parts, headquartered in the Netherlands. The company has been actively developing its activities since 1978, and today it is a recognized leader in the manufacture and production of parts for car brake systems.
Among other things, there is a small division under ABS that is responsible for creating stabilizer struts. And, despite the small number, absolutely all goods in this niche undergo mandatory quality certification according to the standards of leading international standards, presenting the world with an increasingly original and reliable product. According to experts, racks designed specifically for domestic cars of a new generation are capable of withstanding up to 40 thousand kilometers – and this is taking into account the not always good condition of the roads. A similar situation (but with an orientation towards use on flat roads and highways) is observed in the development class for foreign car brands: in the range of the Dutch company you can find consumables for Japanese (Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mazda, etc.), Korean (KIA, Hyundai) and American (Chevrolet) cars.
- constant work to expand the range;
- active research activities with attempts to improve the driving performance of the goods and increase the mileage;
- rich history of cooperation with a number of well-known world brands (Brembo, Tokico, Aisin, Bendix, etc.);
- good product performance.
- not found.
Michigan corporation TRW began its activity in 1901, specializing in the production of industrial equipment. At that time, a small company, due to the competent selection of personnel, was able to settle in the aerospace industry, from where, after merging with United Carr in 1965, it moved into the more 'money' segment of the automotive industry. Continuously increasing the pace of production, new branches of activity gradually appeared at TRW, and at some stage of development, the engineers decided to switch to the creation of parts for the stabilization system.
Today, original TRW racks are almost impossible to find on the secondary market or in retail – the impact of the trade embargo, political debate and, last of all, the exclusivity of the supply of parts for the assembly lines of automakers. According to experts, the main difference between their products and other companies is the constant implementation of exclusive developments, derived in the functioning laboratories of the company. It was they who made it possible to endow the struts with a high working resource (for Russian-made cars – by 30 thousand kilometers), as well as release a special series of reinforced dampers for off-road trips.
- very extensive experience in the production of chassis parts (including stabilizer struts);
- cooperation with a number of global car manufacturers (BMW, Chrysler, Volkswagen, Toyota, etc.);
- a huge number of racks for VAZ cars in the range;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- original TRWs are very difficult to find on the free market (in retail there are, in fact, the same consumables produced under the Lucas brand).
A division specializing in the production of struts and other spare parts for the undercarriage of cars, owned by the American corporation Federal Mogul. The latter, in turn, is a major importer of goods for cars around the world – parts are supplied to Europe from a single warehouse located in Belgium.
As for the official and confidential issues of cooperation, Moog (and FM) is quite conservative in this regard: contracts for the exclusive supply of parts to the conveyor were signed only with American companies Ford and General Motors. The rest of the produced product goes to the network of service centers and to the retail market, and already in this variety of stabilizer racks you can find analogs for popular Japanese ones (Toyota, Honda, Lexus), and European (Vlokswagen, Peugeot, Audi, Mercedes), and even Russian (new VAZ series) cars.
- over 60% of the undercarriage market share is concentrated in the division's production facilities;
- a huge sales market for the produced racks – products are available for most of the world's car brands;
- as a rule, a very loyal attitude towards customers (low prices);
- exclusive supply agreements with GM and Ford.
- sometimes a counterfeit comes across.
Another representative of Germany in the category, which deals with packaging of stabilizer racks of foreign production. Ruville, as a true expert in the production of chassis parts, values his own reputation very much, therefore he is selective in terms of cooperation. The only thing that can be said with a high degree of certainty: the company has a lot of such mutually beneficial cooperation, and mainly with Asian (non-Chinese) companies.
The entire ruville line of racks is produced only for the secondary market, however, due to total quality control, they cannot be called low-quality. Consumers call the main feature of the products of the German company the mass character, low price and good performance of products in all their diversity. The latter, by the way, is a derivative of the number of manufacturers supplying spare parts under this trademark. Ultimately, here you can find racks for any car of Russian and foreign production, the working resource of which can vary greatly from 20 to 50 thousand kilometers.
- high quality workmanship;
- very selective approach to cooperation – Ruville does not promote frankly bad companies;
- independent quality control of batches of incoming products;
- acceptable price level for almost the entire range.
- the company is actively involved in promoting lesser-known brands under its own brand name – hence the extremely uneven life performance on a number of parts.
The best manufacturers of stabilizer struts in the middle price segment
The undisputed leader in the rating is a Korean manufacturer specializing in the creation of exclusively car suspension parts. At the same time, CTR is not engaged in deliveries to the conveyor, preferring them to open trade through the secondary market.
Thanks to their focus on such local facilities, the Koreans manage to maintain the highest quality of products, and thereby increase the service life to a whopping 80 thousand kilometers even on models of the standard series. CTR is doing so well that, in addition to selling racks under their own label, they actively ship part of the goods to other suppliers: such connections are implemented with the same German Lemforder. In addition to the achievements of the marketing and technical plan, it should be noted a whole collection of international standards and tolerances, which were strictly observed and under which the goods fit into the framework of compliance (ISO 9001 and ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001). In general, CTR showed itself from an enchanting side, which naturally attracted the attention of buyers from all over the world.
- very low level of falsification;
- unlike other manufacturers, it provides the most complete information about the compliance and characteristics of the racks;
- manages to work both for the benefit of his own brand and for the shipment of goods for packaging by other well-known companies;
- favorable combination of 'price / quality';
- work mainly on the secondary.
- not found.
One step away from the leader, the American project Delphi stopped, which has more than 140 own and 42 cooperative plants around the world. The largest corporation, actively involved in the manufacture of spare parts for everything and everyone (more than 14 thousand items), is the main character in the segment of stabilizer struts. Approximately 14% of the total volume of products leaving the production lines of enterprises goes to orders from General Motors and PCA for further installation on conveyor cars of brands Renault, Citroen, Chevrolet and Opel. The rest goes to supplies under other contracts and to the secondary market.
According to experts, independent tests from industry professionals reveal the excellent adaptability of Delphi racks to the perception of shock loads, which makes them suitable for use on the roads and off-roads of Russia. Despite the multi-billion dollar turnover, the American company carefully monitors the quality of its products, trying to please users and new developments from its own research centers. It is noteworthy that even the trade embargo against the background of political strife did not become a reason for Delphi to leave the domestic market, which speaks of the company's loyalty to Russian consumers.
- the largest manufacturer of the middle price range and the sphere of spare parts in general;
- the optimal level of cost that meets key performance indicators;
- active participation in engineering and research activities;
- up to 40 thousand kilometers on standard (not reinforced and modified) racks.
- not found.
Like most of the representatives of this rating, Sidem can be called a multidisciplinary company – the Belgians took over a lot of activities. Who, by chance, are about 10% packers of lesser-known, promoted protégé companies – however, this is poorly expressed in operating parameters (the brand monitors its prestige). The remaining 90% is a product developed directly at our own enterprises and factories, which goes to support more than 100 car models. The same ratio remains in the transition from general to specific stabilizer struts.
Another important fact: with such 'exquisite' quality, Sidem parts are, for the most part, elite products. This is due to the unreasonably poor popularity in retail and slightly high prices relative to competitors. But the level of counterfeiting is extremely low – such activities are not profitable for counterfeiting companies. And other notable features can be distinguished by stepwise quality control, which permeates the entire technological process in order to avoid defects, as well as very high operational conditions of the stabilizer struts, which often withstand much more than standard consumables.
- slightly overpriced relative to competitors, the price correlates with high working conditions;
- a large list of supported car models;
- good working parameters of the front struts, noted by professionals;
- strict operational control inherent in the technological process.
- not found.
And again the line of the rating goes to the German company, which has gained great popularity in the retail market. MAPCO is an independent project with French 'roots', which gained worldwide recognition in 1995, when the first 3000 parts of the official range were presented to the judgment of the auto companies. In general, this brand owes its success and recognition to the spare parts of the brake system, on which, in fact, until recently it was based. But the growing needs and the desire to impose competition forced German engineers to move on.
Ultimately, MAPCO achieved local success in the mid-sized segment of the running gear. In particular, it was caused by the Standard series of stabilizer struts, which guaranteed up to 15-20 thousand kilometers of travel without the need for replacement or maintenance. The company's latest landmark step is the production of the HPS series with extended service intervals and reduced wear tendency. Users, for the most part, are very loyal to the appearance of MAPCO consumables on sale, noting the confident controllability and the absence of any negative manifestations from use.
- high popularity among users;
- a young, but already had time to 'make some noise' company in the development of spare parts for chassis;
- special series of racks with increased operating time (HPS series);
- low prices and an extensive range.
- not found.
Official trademark of the joint-stock company Wulf Gaertner Autoparts AG, ranked fifth for the development of chassis parts for four distinct classes:
- passenger cars;
- commercial vehicles;
- reinforced spare parts marked 'HD'.
And if the first three classes are a reflection of the traditional component of development, then the latter has absorbed all the latest innovations and innovative solutions, and therefore it is actively expanding to this day. Despite the fact that Meyle is owned by a company focused on active entrepreneurship, the brand is slowly but surely on the rise. The unique tandem of the subsidiary, which produces excellent quality undercarriage parts (including the stabilizer struts), and the main structure interested in business growth, led to a significant expansion of the distribution network and increased sales. Official representative offices of WGA AG are located in 9 countries of the world, and the network of partners allows the tandem to sell goods in 120 more countries. All this has a positive effect on the growth of technical and operational characteristics of products, since it allows research to be carried out at higher levels. So, the latest achievements of the developers made it possible to create a rack of the middle price segment with a resource reserve of 70-80 thousand kilometers, and taking into account possible irregularities in the track.
- development of innovative methods and technologies for the production of auto parts;
- rational approach to doing business (in tandem with the general structure) – the product is sold in more than 129 countries around the world;
- active replenishment of the product line;
- all spare parts are supplied to the aftermarket and services.
- not found.
Not the most popular manufacturer of stabilizer struts in the domestic market, with more than 80 years of successful activity. Nordjysk Kobling (this is how the full name of the company sounds) is engaged in the development of spare parts not for conveyors, but purposefully, for the needs of service centers and for the secondary market. Needless to say: because of the mediocre popularity, it is not always possible to find them, but only in their original form – questions of falsification are not raised here at all.
Perhaps the most important advantage of the stabilizer struts from NK is the parameter of manufacturability, because their engineers often introduce new principles into work processes, or make point design changes. At the same time, it cannot be said that the product is adapted to Russian conditions, and this, in our opinion, is the only significant drawback. In other words, with a reserve of a resource oriented towards autobahns of 50 thousand kilometers, one rack can 'live' for a year, or (when oriented towards mileage) 'die' after the conditional 10 thousand. Such an uneven supply of resources determines the indirect demand for products. But, in fairness, we note that for trips within an industrial city (with more or less smooth roads) NK can come in handy.
- no counterfeit goods on the market;
- emphasis on manufacturability;
- more than 80 years of experience in the segment;
- strict quality control;
- 100% of product supplies go to the secondary market and service centers.
- in the development of racks, the realities of domestic roads were not taken into account (nevertheless, when driving on city roads, they will live a long time).
Nominally a Belarusian company that has become the main operating manufacturer of stabilizer struts and other chassis parts in the post-Soviet space. Fenox is a rare occurrence in the practice of spare parts production. The firm is lobbied by prestigious German employees who open the way for it not only to the market of the CIS countries, but also to the European Union. This is also proved by the fact of obtaining certificates of compliance with the main standards operating within the framework of this organization.
As for the products themselves, the most popular in the Fenox line are the front stabilizer struts, which are also purchased for LADA and Renault cars. In addition, the kits of the Belarusian grandee are distributed to service centers of more than 50 well-known car manufacturers from all over the world, which indicates compliance with corporate quality conditions for these models. The average mileage of one consumable here is about 26 thousand kilometers, provided that it is used on the order of 'killed' roads. Actually, the brand has done a titanic job and made a lot of efforts to reach a competitive level in the middle segment, but it still has a long time to climb to the top.
- optimal ratio of price and durability;
- active promotion to the markets of the CIS and Europe;
- trust of more than 50 car brands;
- in the presence of racks for Russian-made cars (and on models removed from the assembly line).
- often sin with insufficient lubrication on the racks.
The best manufacturers of budget stabilizer racks
The company, whose full name is Ferdinand Bilstein jr. GmbH & Co. KG, is a real victim of fraud in the domestic market, but like no one else deserves support and the first place in our rating. The enthusiastic reviews of consumers regarding Febi are very often replaced by negative ones, and they all relate to a very low working life. This situation took place until 2017, but later German engineers still managed to solve such an urgent issue, which was reflected in the brand's image.
Like Swag, Febi followed the path of preserving traditions, and did not organize factories in other countries, limiting herself to the location of her native land. In many ways, this is what allowed them to maintain a high quality brand of products, among which are invariably stabilizer struts. From the point of view of statistics, these consumables practically do not differ from those produced by a competitor in the person of Swag, but quantitatively they significantly exceed these. On average, the development of a resource here happens every 22-24 thousand kilometers, subject to the originality of the purchased part. Actually, it was the problem with fakes that was the most pressing and annoying in relation to such an old grandee of the market. Everything was solved quite simply: the restyling of the box made it possible to apply additional holographs and quality marks, by which you can easily distinguish the original from a fake.
- a company that cooperates with even more German manufacturers (almost all divisions Volkswagen, Mercedes, BMW + DAF Trucks);
- very loyal attitude towards customers;
- additional insignia of the original from counterfeit, which made it possible to reduce the number of forgeries;
- high quality and, in particular, the working life of the stabilizer struts (22-24 thousand kilometers).
- not available at the current stage.
The second place in the rating is taken by the title supplier of shock absorbers and dampers for conveyor lines of leading German car manufacturers (Porsche, Mercedes, BMW). The Swag company was founded in 1954, but still remains true to the tradition of preserving the enterprise as a whole, in Germany. This approach to business, coupled with the pedantry inherent in the Germans and the qualifications of the staff, allowed her to become the main agent in the budget segment.
According to experts, stabilizer struts account for about 35% of the total number of products (more than 16,000 parts) developed at the present stage of Swag operation. This also determines the fact that many car owners can pick up a consumable for their car, regardless of its affiliation (Asian, American, Russian). The stock of the working life of the racks here is enough for an average of 20 thousand kilometers – this is the figure that most often appears in reviews.
- all production is based in Germany;
- experience in the segment is over 60 years;
- very uniform product quality within the lines;
- contractual cooperation with leading German car manufacturers.
- not found.
A renowned Spanish company, all branches and enterprises of which are located in Europe. It actively cooperates with the secondary market in Russia, where their products (mainly stabilizer struts) are practically not counterfeited and are bought by lovers of budget spare parts.
The main advantage of the RTS stands is the excellent condition of the steel, which plays a big role in the endurance of the models on Russian roads. All of them comply with the ISO 9000 and ISO 9001 quality certificates, passing control at the operations of receiving raw materials, as well as processing and assembly. However, the racks do not reach the ideal, which is the reason for the strange assembly 'phenomena'. The fact is that users periodically share information about breakouts of cuffs and oil seals – in other words, the state of rubber products in the body of the finished (and not used) rack. What is the reason for such a gross violation of the integrity of the products – we can only guess. However, it is possible to determine the presence of damage at the stage of purchase, so we advise you to take a closer look at this company, but be especially careful when examining it.
- good quality for a budget level;
- conformity of products to the main ISO certificates;
- according to experts' reports, in some cases these racks can last even longer than the original ones;
- the actual absence of fakes in the secondary market.
- racks are sometimes supplied with damaged oil seals.
The fourth line of the rating goes to the German company Optimal, which has been developing chassis parts since 1972. Its main characteristics are: low price and the accompanying acceptable quality that meets all accepted international standards.
Speaking of stabilizer struts, it is necessary to point out the following: production capacity sometimes plays against Optimal itself. Yes, for more than 45 years the company managed to gain popularity in the budget segment, and with the growth of demand it was forced to launch enterprises in other parts of the world. Thus, it turned out that the products serially produced by factories in Germany and neighboring Poland undergo strict control at all stages of production. However, the same cannot be said about the Chinese branch – the quality here is rather situational. And if you are the owner of a foreign car or a domestic car, who loves to buy a budget part, then we strongly advise you to pay attention to Optimal. But before that, be sure to check with which plant the part you are purchasing was produced from – this is extremely easy to do according to the information on the box.
- low prices and high level of operational reliability;
- more than 14 supported car brands (mostly German and Japanese);
- an abundance of rack options for alliance cars Renault – Nissan – Mitsubishi.
- extremely uneven quality depending on the location of the manufacturer.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.