Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
- How to choose an oil filter
- Rating of the best manufacturers of oil filters
- Best low cost oil filters
- Auto Unit
- BIG Filter
- The best manufacturers of oil filters by ratio price quality
- Hyundai / KIA
- The best manufacturers of premium oil filters segment
How to choose an oil filter
The choice of an oil filter, despite the general simplicity of design, includes a lot of features and subtleties that are necessary take into account. The magazine recommends paying special attention to following aspects:
Type of filter. There are three types of oil filters:
- full-flow – incorporate a bypass valve, which regulates the oil pressure in the lubrication system. is he protects seals and gaskets between blocks from damage and discontinuities, bypassing excess pressure from the crankcase. IN in case of a full filter resource (clogging), during avoid oil starvation valve ensures flow contaminated oil, so as not to bring the engine to a condition overheating.
- partially threaded – provide finer filtration than full-flow models, and therefore requires more time to the course of the cleaning process. However, this principle of operation avoids pressure drops in the event of a clogged filter, and also with accidental sticking of the bypass valve.
- combined – filters for extra fine oil purification, combining the advantages of the first two types and excluding them characteristic flaws. They are more expensive than others, but allow in significantly increase the working life of rubbing couples and Recommended for use in heavily loaded engines.
Service bypass valve. This aspect it’s quite difficult to check when purchasing a filter, however if this opportunity is provided, be sure to make sure so that the valve opening pressure is slightly higher (literally 0.1 bar) of the upper limit of the relevant system pressure. In that in case you precisely protect the engine from getting unfiltered oils with a high content of abrasive particles. The same way it is possible to organize a check of the check valve closure density to prevent oil leakage during downtime engine.
The thickness of the filter paper. This parameter directly affects the value of the working life of the filter. Susceptibility to blockages and the full yield, the higher the greater the thickness of the paper layer. Besides In addition, the moments associated with the maximum temperature should be taken into account. heating oil in the engine. Be sure to find out what is acceptable operating temperature of the oil filter, so as not to provoke paper burnout during normal engine operation.
Body integrity. Indicator of secondary importance, which, can greatly affect the operation of the filter. Before purchasing, make sure that there are no external damage to the housing, valves, as well as the integrity of the filter paper.
Manufacturer. In this case, the value of brand the product is obvious because counterfeit is often exposed rapid failure, and may also entail a number of more critical malfunctions. In this regard, we strongly recommend contact you to purchase products from famous brands, having certificates of compliance with modern standards quality.
Rating of the best manufacturers of oil filters
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||rating|
|Best low cost oil filters||1||Goodwill||4.7|
|The best manufacturers of oil filters by ratio price quality||1||Bosch||4.9|
|5||Hyundai / KIA||4.6|
|The best manufacturers of premium oil filters segment||1||Mahle||4.9|
Best low cost oil filters
Goodwill is that rare type of manufacturers, the assortment of which contains filters of budget, medium and premium price segments. Product quality in all the variations are excellent, and the resource greatly depends on those driving modes, which the user selects, the frequency of service of the car and his technical condition.
According to experts, the operating conditions of oil filters from GoodWill may well be enough for 15-20 thousand kilometers, possibly even with a residual resource. What about consumers, they generally speak about the product complementary, noting his great choice in the retail market. Those those who order filters through service centers located on territory of the country, complain about the sluggishness of service and incompetence on the part of staff, however, at present these problems are almost leveled.
- widespread in the retail market;
- high quality filtration;
- pledged resource is enough for 15-20 thousand kilometers run;
- high dependence of filter operation on operation.
- not found.
The market phenomenon is far from new and, until recently, very situational, Sakura is the result quality work done to make the filters required qualities with minimal costs for their subsequent acquisition. Obeying Japanese-style trends, all manufactured goods passes strict control on the most important operations, excluding secondary steps from manufacturing technology.
The results of such manipulations are more than impressive: reject rate barely reaches 4%, and the approximate working resource varies in within 10 thousand kilometers. A number of independent trials yet revealed some shortcomings associated with harsh conditions overheating, however, in essence, the disadvantages include behavior is not allowed. User reviews, in turn, confirm good product quality under rated conditions work, referring to the stable and easy operation of the engine in the process operation. It reinforces a good reputation and a very low price, almost the same as in the case of domestic filters production.
- very low cost of production;
- the working life of one filter is enough for 10 thousand kilometers run;
- low level of marriage associated with tight controls production;
- widespread in Russian cities;
- acceptable quality of filtration.
- not found.
Magnitogorsk manufacturer of budget oil filters, revived after a complete stop of production due to lack of funding and low demand for manufactured products. Stream production “BelMag” was launched in 1996 the year when the conveyor of the domestic auto industry urgently it took a butterdish. Finding himself heavily dependent on the only (in fact) customer, the company could not survive the decline in the auto-niche and the entry into the market of new companies, announcing your own closure.
A new milestone in the history of BelMag was laid with the advent of the joint concern “Renault-Nissan”, which concluded the next contract for the delivery of oil filters for domestic conveyors. Initially mediocre, product quality with build-up capacity began to grow gradually, and today has reached ceiling within the budget segment, catching up with recognized grandees.
- available oil filters for VAZ, Renault and Nissan
- high quality within the segment;
- low price due to the selection of inexpensive materials;
- widespread in retail.
- not found.
Russian manufacturer ranked among the best thanks production of oil filters not only for passenger cars, but also for trucks, providing products throughout the CIS. The latter became possible solely due to the fact that already on stages of formation, the company was able to provide a satisfactory quality filter elements. Later own developments backed up with foreign technology in order to provide “greasers” even greater level of compliance with accepted quality standards.
Despite the low cost of filters from “Auto Unit”, find them in retail it is often simply impossible. The fact is that the working principles companies rest on the need to work on orders, supplying the product directly to the conveyor lines of the VAZ, KamAZ, Ural and etc. In this regard, only a small part of the consumables produced (not more than 10-15%) goes to retail, which is the most negative brand quality from a consumer perspective.
- work on equipping conveyors of automobile plants domestic and foreign markets;
- nominally high product quality, compliance international quality and safety standards;
- low price.
- only a small fraction of the oil filters go to retail sale.
Without exaggeration, a leading manufacturer of filters for cars, engaged in the development of low-cost products for domestic and foreign parts market. The main advantage and feature of this brand is the existence of a contract for the supply of consumables for Volkswagen plants located in Russia.
According to experts, the value of the BIG Filter lies in a wide range of oil filters: lineup has over 100 types of multi-stage product verification of compliance with quality standards. In particular, special focuses on ensuring that shut-off valves work properly valves to prevent oil leakage during engine downtime. what for consumers, many people prefer to install filters from the “BIG” instead of a full-time one at the stage of rolling the work resource, and, in general, are satisfied with the quality of the engine. It is noteworthy that the company always striving to update the product range, and in the last time puts on sale an increasing number of technological products.
- development of filter elements for domestic enterprises and foreign automobile concerns;
- high degree of product recognition (characteristic green color enclosures);
- proper workmanship;
- reasonable price tag for the entire range.
- not found.
The best manufacturers of oil filters by ratio price quality
Perhaps the most diligent manufacturer of oil filters low budget price segment featuring gorgeous results in terms of product quality. IN essence, quality of oil filtration from impurities in Bosch filters can be called a reference on all cutoffs of resource development: neither bypass valve nor cartridge have problems with providing functions in the later stages of operation.
According to experts, the only problem plaguing some of the Bosch oil filters are caused by overstatement timing of normal functioning, which causes a wave of indignation and misunderstandings in the minds of most users. This is explained simple enough: with the corporation focused on the issue a wide range of products (from power tools to others consumables from auto parts) control of storage processes and transportation is very difficult. Level this factor can only a negligible cost of the product, which and Encourages car owners to make a purchase.
- low cost of almost the entire range of oil filters
- high quality oil purification from impurities;
- an abundance of offers in retail;
- low percentage of marriage.
- some filters run out of resources before declared manufacturer term.
According to international experts, Hengst is one of segment leaders in terms of the number of collaborations with eminent car manufacturers. For networking and brand building as it is now, it took more than 50 years, however acquired status is definitely worth it. Painstaking work resulted in the signing of contracts for the supply of oil filters on conveyors Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Isuzu, BMW and many others, after which brought glory to the company most in demand in its niche.
As users note, a similar bundled item in the system for cleaning oil from impurities has a positive effect on the safety of the engine, creating excellent conditions for it steady work during all term put in the filter operation. If we talk about the scale of production of Hengst, then for all the time she produced about 5 thousand different filter modules that invariably became competitive even in comparison with premium models.
- a large number of contracts for the supply of the product directly for conveyor assembly of a car;
- more than 5 thousand oil filters developed throughout history company existence;
- high working life, severely limited by driving style car owner;
- adequate prices and an excellent ratio of quality.
- not found.
Like Purflux, Fram is a representative of a group of companies Sogefi, whose name is associated with the concept of “quality” and “durability”. Unlike the premium counterpart, this trading the brand is focused exclusively on output in retail sale in the secondary market, with the aim of equipping oil Filters are predominantly used cars.
The choice of such a specific target audience is by no means random, and the calculation here is focused on the mass consumer. Consequently, high sales figures with an average price tag, thousands of satisfied buyers and high places in various ratings of the best. Besides Moreover, the main advantage of the Fram brand for experts environmental compliance is seen (expressed in the creation of “lightweight” versions of filters) and focus on constant expansion of the assortment. Given the scope of the activity, get past Three of the nominees, this brand clearly could not.
- focus on the secondary market as a whole and on second-hand cars in particular;
- development of “lightweight” versions of filters that differ in smaller amount of polluting waste while maintaining performance
- constant expansion of the range;
- average price level.
- not found.
Japanese filter element company, founded in 1959 in Ibaraki Prefecture, where it is located main production complex. According to official figures study conducted in 2017 is the largest segment player (surpasses Union in this indicator), per share which accounts for more than 20% of the domestic market of Japan.
Nitto’s main advantage is its focus subject to strict control in all aspects of production: from the selection of raw materials to the packaging stages of filters. Such approach to business, together with compliance with international requirements ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards that approve innovation, allowed to significantly increase the level of the working resource (up to 30-40 thousand kilometers under normal use auto), withstanding at the same time rather price-loyal to the consumer framework.
- high marks from world expert advice and experienced users
- work on introducing innovations in manufacturing technology filters
- more than 15 years of work in the domestic market;
- increased working life of products.
- not found.
Hyundai / KIA
Highly specialized Korean-made oil filters, designed for installation in cars of the same brands. FROM the very start of manufacture enjoyed low popularity with consumers, although they were intended to be installed in service warranty centers. The reason for this was extremely unstable. quality of work, accompanied by the rapid development of the resource and the need to quickly replace the item with a new one.
Over time, the situation improved, mainly due to the opening of a full-fledged research bureau for tests of existing and prototypes. Korean engineers managed to identify the weaknesses in the design of oil filters, after which painstaking work on their elimination began several years long. At the present stage, a branded product Hyundai / KIA is more preferred than competitors from Nitto, Sakura or more eminent Union.
- high working resource;
- the possibility of ordering through the service centers of the company and how consequence, good service;
- average prices for the original product.
- residual presence of some “sores” to be soon correction.
The German company SCT is positioned by many experts as Mann’s full-fledged competitor, but with far less wide scope in terms of funding and output. Main the “point of sale” of oil filters for it are the CIS countries, the main one, of course, is Russia. Domestic the consumer is familiar with this product firsthand and responds about her quite well. Yes, in a large assortment there was a place for not very successful representatives, but this is rather an exception to rules rather than an established pattern.
As with Mahle, SCT’s main advantage is an adequate pricing policy in which maintains a delicate balance between cost and operational parameters. According to experienced car owners – it’s great option for buying in the middle price segment, especially for cars of the old formation.
- the optimal combination of price and operational parameters;
- widespread product in Russia;
- high quality lubricant filtration;
- low level of marriage and fakes in the secondary market.
- individual filter models have a very short life operation.
The best manufacturers of premium oil filters segment
Like Mann, Mahle is a German representative. groups of manufacturers engaged in the manufacture of oil filters. But unlike a competitor, she pays much more attention to the secondary market, simultaneously shipping “butterdish” to conveyors no less eminent car manufacturers in their country (which is worth only cooperation with BMW and Mercedes-Benz). Among other things, Mahle is an active developer of expensive consumables for cars brand “VAZ” – by coincidence, you can to observe in the Priors which are now removed from the conveyor.
According to the manufacturers themselves, the resource of one oil filter may be enough for a run of 50 thousand kilometers. Experts in general support this statement, but believe in such a sky-high figure with with great difficulty, converging on much less embarrassing imagination 30 thousand run. For consumers, they come first fine filtering parameters, due to which the engine works surprisingly “clean.” Given all of the above, even with a small adjusted for big words, investing in a product purchase from Mahle will be justified.
- declared working life of oil filters reaches 50 thousand kilometers;
- the presence of strict operational control, as well as thorough selection of materials and raw materials for the initial stage of production;
- introduced valve concept made of heat-resistant rubber high degree of strength;
- a large concentration of the original product on the secondary the market.
- high price.
Trademark of the Sogefi Group of Companies, under whose logo reliable and adequately evaluated cleaning filters are produced crankcase oil from impurities. Saying “adequate priced “, we mean the legitimacy of the set value working qualities, violation of which sometimes “sin” no less eminent competitors.
According to tradition, representatives of the premium segment, Sogefi (read Purflux) has a comprehensive policy providing consumers with the highest quality product that expressed in the creation of a whole research complex (albeit not on the same scale as Union). According to consumers, careful comparison of the operating parameters of these oil filters with other often reveals a small Purflux gain in value, or rationally constructive, which is a big plus in the piggy bank brand. In parallel, experts highlight the original a shape of filter paper (it is lined with Christmas tree), which is not it makes no sense except for the difficulty in counterfeiting. Behind a series of small subtleties and a very competent pricing policy This brand deserves the second line of the rating.
- pricing loyal to consumers;
- high quality filter elements;
- “tricks” of the shape of the individual components of the cartridge, making it difficult falsification;
- the availability of a research center.
- not found.
Mann is the product of the merger of the two oldest German auto parts manufacturers (Filterwerk Mann and Hummel GmbH), overgrown to the scale of the main operating corporation throughout Of Europe. It is famous for its very tough approach to quality control of its products, which positively affects the percentage of marriage (less than 2% of the total). Production control here starts straight from the raw material preparation stage, which allows eliminate even the slightest deviation from the nominal input as promoting product creation.
According to users, the quality of oil filters from Mann manifested not only by the degree of filtration, but also by the notorious increase in term of operation. As for the experts, they note an extremely risky but very effective delivery method freshly developed product directly to the famous conveyor lines automakers, which include the entire VAG-group, as well as a number of brands known in Russia (Nissan, Peugeot, etc.). Also worth note the manufacturer’s focus on manufacturing products for the retail market in quantities sufficient to meet the needs car owners.
- the largest representative of European oil producers filters, which is the title supplier of a large number of global automakers;
- attention is paid to the production of filter elements for domestic cars;
- the desire to control quality at all stages of development products.
- the presence of a large amount of counterfeit in retail.
A renowned manufacturer of premium oil filters from Asia, ranked thanks to excellent reputation among consumer segment. Has general arrangements with the vast majority of automakers in Japan, Korea and China about supplying conveyors with oil filters: they can be found in Lexus, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia and etc.
According to experts, the main advantage of Union is innovation and constant search for the best technological solutions. By this indicator can not be compared with the brave Japanese corporation no competitor: annually for research in the field of filtration oil and increase the life of individual elements (including the number of internal combustion engines) the brand takes almost one third of total revenue. This step, on the one hand, allows moving forward the entire area of the market, but on the other hand, does not allow the company lose relevance in modern conditions.
- innovation in the development of new technical and technological decisions, content of own research center;
- careful observance of world quality standards;
- highest quality oil filtration;
- very low reject rate achieved by tough operating control;
- great support for the retail market through the sale parts of manufactured products.
- very high price for the original product.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.