Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
In winter, due to slippery cover or snow porridge there is a large the probability than in the summer, to break into a car in a skid even speeds of 60-80 km / h. But if the average daily temperature is already close to +5 … + 7 degrees, and there’s not enough money to “change shoes” for a car, then it remains only to consider the purchase of budget winter tires. we conducted a study and prepared a list of the best options from inexpensive segment of goods that are good characteristics and have positive feedback.
- Recommendations for choosing winter tires
- Rating of the best budget winter tires
- The best studded budget winter tires
- Pirelli Ice Zero
- Nokian Tires Nordman 7
- Dunlop SP Winter Ice 03
- Sava Eskimo STUD
- Hankook Tire Winter iPike RS2
- Toyo Observe Ice-Freezer
- Bridgestone Ice Cruiser 7000S
- The best budget winter Velcro tires
- GOODYEAR Ultra Grip Ice +
- Yokohama Ice Guard IG60
- Pirelli Ice Zero FR
- Bridgestone Blizzak Revo GZ
- Toyo Observe Gsi-5
- Kumho I’Zen KW31
- Dunlop Winter Maxx WM02
- Triangle Group TR777
Recommendations for choosing winter tires
To choose the right winter tires, remember The following key parameters:
- The softness of the composition. The more elastic winter tires, the better she will cling to frozen asphalt. It will also affect softness of travel irregularities, since the liquid in the shock absorbers are denser in winter and they work harder. To increase elasticity compound manufacturers add increased content to it silica. Since there is nowhere to read the percentage, buyers It remains to try to test the tires with your fingers. Tires should to bend, and not seem “plastic.”
- The number of slats. These are additional slots on drafts that open upon contact with the road and create numerous faces for engagement. The more there are, the more stable there will be car behavior on a winter road. Even in budget tires such slots can be from 3 to 10 on each piece.
- The width of the grooves. Water can be effectively drained through narrow grooves, but snow porridge is rougher and needs wide grooves from 3 to 10 mm. More such elements in tread pattern, the faster the wheel is cleared of snow and denser there will be a contact spot.
- Grousers. If you look closely at the shoulder of the tire, you can see the protrusions at the corners of the transition from the running zone to the sidewall. The depth of the grooves between the protrusions varies from 10 to 20 mm. Than she the more, the easier it will be to get out of the track on a car in winter.
- Profile height. Although on low-profile tires 35-55 mm the car looks more sporty, for winter it is worth choosing tires with the maximum permissible profile height is 65-75 mm. The higher it is, the there will be less problems with the suspension, since the sidewall of the tire the first takes on blows from frozen ice. At small sidewall area, these effects go to shock absorbers, Bushes and chassis.
- The remaining selection criteria are the disc diameter and type rubber (studded or studless). Better for city driving take smaller tires, as this will provide a more comfortable driving in winter conditions. But if you plan to drive off the car tracks, then a larger diameter discs will increase clearance. Now consider the pros and cons of studded budget rubber.
Rating of the best budget winter tires
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best studded budget winter tires||1||Pirelli ice zero||2 749 rub.|
|2||Nokian Tires Nordman 7||2 470 rub.|
|3||Dunlop SP Winter Ice 03||2 447 rub.|
|4||Sava Eskimo STUD||2 300 rub.|
|5||Hankook Tire Winter iPike RS2||2 320 rub.|
|6||Toyo Observe Ice-Freezer||2 340 rub.|
|7||Bridgestone Ice Cruiser 7000S||2 489 rub.|
|The best budget winter Velcro tires||1||GOODYEAR Ultra Grip Ice +||2 400 rub.|
|2||Yokohama Ice Guard IG60||2 780 rub.|
|3||Pirelli ice zero FR||2 749 rub.|
|4||Bridgestone Blizzak Revo GZ||2 387 rub.|
|5||Toyo Observe Gsi-5||2 200 rub.|
|6||Kumho I’Zen KW31||2 250 rub.|
|7||Dunlop Winter Maxx WM02||2 450 rub.|
|8||Triangle Group TR777||1 739 rub.|
The best studded budget winter tires
The presence of studs on winter tires makes the car more stable when driving on frozen asphalt or ice. But such rubber is more noisy. Here are the best budget models that experts have selected for winter operation.
Pirelli Ice Zero
On the first place in the category of studded winter tires budget class experts delivered goods from an Italian manufacturer. Rubber is issued in 100 standard sizes for disks, with a diameter from 14 up to 21 inches. The tread pattern is distinguished by checkers of complex shape with 5 angles and an abundance of lamellas, which increases traction. The rejection of the classic longitudinal ribs and the Christmas tree endowed the running part of the large snow retrieval functionality porridge and increased the area of the contact spot.
Experts have identified this budget model as the best in braking. This is ensured by the special shape of the studs created by Dual Stud Technology The front side has a wide edge, which slows rotation more efficiently. The back side is diamond-shaped, therefore it is better to pierce the ice – it’s possible to start the car more confidently and without slipping. Judging by the reviews, metal the inserts wear off or fall off rather slowly compared to other winter tires. This is due to the presence of carbide in the composition tungsten, which also displays products in the best section.
- Available in 100 sizes;
- made in Italy;
- well “keep” winter dry road;
- high wear resistance.
- spikes are mounted only in the shoulder area;
- no options for R13 wheels;
- overheats if you go over 140 km / h.
Nokian Tires Nordman 7
Second place for budget goods from the manufacturer Nokian. The Nordman 7 winter tire series stands out with its classic one-piece rib with V-shaped divergence of the processes. By the diameter of the disk it can be buy for R13-17. There are 62 sizes in total, but not all are available from sellers. The development chip is the application on one tread of several types of lamellas at once. Some self-locking slots due to the three-dimensional design, which improves the stability of winter tires on ice. Owners of such a winter tires are pleased in the reviews good cross on snow porridge and say the digging blades now rust in the trunk.
Winter tires are remarkable for the presence of 3 lamellas on each piece, working in the shoulder area. This adds traction during car turns. Maneuver on such tires in winter the roads will be much more accurate and more confident.
- serve 50-60 thousand km of winter run;
- good lateral stability when maneuvering;
- in the tread several types of lamellas;
- polygonal spike shape.
- Do not exceed speeds exceeding 190 km / h;
- spikes only along the edges;
- metal inserts contribute to the formation of microcracks around their seats.
Dunlop SP Winter Ice 03
Further budget tires of the winter type from the Dunlop brand. Specifically, this Ice 03 series is manufactured at the company’s factory in Turkey. The model has V-shaped grooves with a width at the exit of 10 mm. This contributes to the accelerated removal of loose snow. Metal hooks are distributed not only along the edges of the running zone, but also in the center. The tire is available in 30 sizes, starting with the diameter of the disc R14. The maximum figure is 20 inches. Tire designed by tire manufacturers specifically for use in North European countries. Tread pattern guarantees course sustainability. Due to the elongated blocks, the contact spot has good traction, which contributes to intensive deceleration on winter road.
Experts considered the best winter tire in the budget class the strength of the sidewall, as confirmed by buyers in the reviews. Compound in this part has a seal that protects the tire from cuts when parking at the curb. Even if you go on stones, you can not be afraid damage to the wheels.
- soft compound – comfortably drive through bumps;
- good value for money;
- effective braking;
- high traction effort.
- maximum speed limited to 190 km / h;
- no size on 13th wheels;
- a bit noisy – there is a low-frequency hum;
- Don’t “love” the rut.
Sava Eskimo STUD
These are budget tires for winter operation from the Slovenian brand Sava Eskimo. The tread design was made according to the patented Goodyear’s sketch, so the car obediently holds on such wheels set course. To protect the compound from rapid wear, the manufacturer added polymers containing silicon to the composition. it not only increased the strength of rubber, but also contributed optimal elasticity. The tread feature is solid. the central rib, from which the “shoots” in the form of a “herringbone” extend. This helps maintain a smooth ride at speeds in excess of 100. km / h
A chip of winter tires of a budget class is 3D-BIS technology. Three-dimensional tread block system stands out for increased the number of lamellas, which does not affect the strength of the pieces. Such made possible by the presence of convex hemispheres on the internal the walls of the lamellas. Upon contact with the road, they open and form additional elements for clutch. Such bulges are easy cut through the water film and break the snow.
- steel rods are securely mounted in rubber;
- good handling;
- clearly keep the set course on ice;
- special shape of hexagonal studs.
- only 20 sizes;
- no tires on 13th wheels;
- bask after 140 km / h;
- buzz when cornering and maneuvering.
Hankook Tire Winter iPike RS2
Korean manufacturer Hankook offers winter budget Winter iPike RS2 tires, available in 66 sizes for wheels R13-19. Tread pattern is notable for hexagonal blocks located in the center. They increase the grip of wheels with surface in any direction of movement. Side tabs in the shoulder area have the ability to accumulate and compact snow, which helps a little when driving on an unpurified highway. In reviews Owners love the improved drainage grooves. If a the car gets into a deep puddle, then the water is quickly pumped out spots of contact and is removed outward.
We highlighted the tires as the best because they have a new design. the location of the spikes. Metal pins are not only placed on edges, but also in the central part, and the longitudinal rows turned out not 10 (like most winter models), but 12. Therefore, in the category budget goods is the best option to keep the car bare ice.
- walks easily on packed snow;
- “bites” into the ice;
- smooth running due to the soft compound;
- if you drive quietly, then the thorns after winter remain on location.
- poorly “hold” the road in loose porridge – the ass wags;
- rubber noisy on bare asphalt;
- worse cleaned from snow.
Toyo Observe Ice-Freezer
Winter cars budget tires from the Japanese brand Toyo have a V-shaped pattern of symmetrical structure and directional actions. The model is available for drives from 14 to 19 inches. Total 29 sizes are available. The tire is designed for cars small and middle class. Arrow blocks of the central part have a rigid connection with each other, so the wheels do not “walk” on speeds over 100 km / h. Owners in reviews say good traction, both longitudinal and transverse, as well as soft overcoming bridge joints. Lamels are placed on only in the treadmill zone, but even go to the sidewalls, so entering the turns on such winter tires are particularly accurate.
Experts Considered Budget Product The Best Because It Has Spikes last longer than other winter models. This is achieved in account of the increased size of the flange, which plays the role of the base, sealed in rubber. The pin housing is on the contrary reduced, therefore protruding structure experiences less stress during contact with clean asphalt.
- large load index – 615 kg;
- even distribution of spikes;
- good traction during acceleration;
- confident braking.
- You have to wait for the delivery of goods for several months;
- make a lot of noise.
Bridgestone Ice Cruiser 7000S
Budget winter tires from a Japanese manufacturer are available in 28 sizes for disc diameters R13-17. Load index allows you to use it on cars with a semi-axle weight of up to 475 kg The maximum permitted speed is 190 km / h. The manufacturer took an interesting step, equipping winter tires with two longitudinal grooves. This has affected the reduction in aquaplaning. – if they get into a deep puddle in a cool spring, then water is pulled out much faster than on the classic Christmas tree. All lamellas on a tire are located laterally and work on increase grip when driving straight and back. The grooves are actively narrowing and expand, so the wheel maintains shape stability when changing load. Such a design feature is actively Helps to keep track on a bad road.
This is another winter budget model with a reinforced sidewall, for which product is on the list of the best. Pay attention to the side protrusions of the tire. They rise above the total surface by 2 mm. This provides additional protection when in contact with protruding roots, reinforcement or sharp edges of the border.
- in the cold they do not tan;
- they row well on freshly fallen snow;
- guaranteed to last 5 winter seasons;
- the spikes hold tight on the seats.
- when driving irregularities are a little stiff;
- actively bury when slipping.
The best budget winter Velcro tires
Non-studded rubber is called Velcro because soft compound is pressed firmly against the road surface, fitting bumps and protrusions. This improves grip and reduces noise when driving on bare asphalt. Here are a number of budget models selected by experts with such characteristics.
GOODYEAR Ultra Grip Ice +
Budget tires from the North American brand are made for cars of small and middle class under 13-17 diameter of disks. In total there are 45 sizes. The model features a solid rib with a directional pattern, which is good for starting and holding directional sustainability. Another such structure of the budget tire contributed an increased load index of 530 kg, which is rare in this product categories. Tire design refers to patented theology V-TRED, providing an increased number of faces. Judging by driver reviews, tear off on budgetary Velcro skidding impossible.
Our experts noted rubber as the best in behavior in strong frosts. The American company developed these tires specifically for harsh winter conditions in northern Europe, Canada and, Of course, Russia. For this, technology was applied. DualCapCompound. The outer layer of the compound is soft and provides comfortable overcoming of obstacles, and also does not “stiffen” at frost -30 degrees. The inner layer of the budget tire remains constantly tough, helping to maintain the correct shape of the wheel.
- load index up to 530 kg;
- good handling on any surface;
- excellent braking;
- nice to ride on a bad road.
- quickly clogged with loose snow;
- soft sidewall.
Yokohama Ice Guard IG60
Budget tires produced by the Japanese brand in 96 sizes for disks with a diameter of 13-19 inches. In these Velcro maker Applied Quattro Pyramid Dimple technology. It means that the walls of the sections of the lamellas inside have a pyramidal structure. Such the structure provides an increased number of edges, in contact with the surface. The lamellas here are not straight, but zigzag that only extends the contact area. But the blocks in which they are cut through, limited in movement, and this allows keep budget Velcro in the right shape.
We highlighted the budget model as the best Velcro for effective management on an icy surface. Pay attention to the custom tire pattern. She has an asymmetric design with smooth indoor units and oblique outdoor units. It provides stable grip when driving directly and entering turns. Coupling edges provide high traction – low cost tires will help you feel confident on ice and even save some fuel.
- zigzag lamellas increase the number of couplers elements;
- tires melt water well;
- increased tire tensile and tensile strength;
- quiet ride on the asphalt.
- hard to find tires for R13 wheels;
- low speed index – 160 km / h.
Pirelli Ice Zero FR
Pirelli winter studless tire introduced in 90 sizes and is designed for disc diameters from R14 to R21. Looking at tread pattern, immediately expanded drainage system. The manufacturer provided for the inclined surface of the grooves, which significantly accelerates the removal of water and snow. Tires perform well yourself on dry asphalt, loose snow, wet pavement and “grains”. Buyers in the reviews note a long service life – for 4 winter season with a total mileage of 125,000 km tread depth from 8.3 mm becomes 5.8 mm, which allows you to use it for another 5 years.
Experts have paid attention to budget goods in view of numerous square blocks in the tread pattern. Their small size, but with a large amount allows you to evenly distribute load when moving in any direction. Manufacturer permits load each wheel up to 775 kg, despite the fact that it is a tire for cars, not SUVs. We recommend a closer look to budget goods to the owners of pickups or minivans.
- speed index 210 km / h;
- soft work in turns;
- load index 775 kg;
- long service life.
- no options for the “classics”;
- on the ice carries a back.
Bridgestone Blizzak Revo GZ
Another budget model on the list that stands out asymmetrical patterned. Japanese tires are provided in 227 sizes, but in selling really find about 15 options. The most “running” are R13, 14 and 16 inches. Unique tread design promotes accurate wheel response to steering. For creating Compound was applied revolutionary technology Multicell Compd GZ making rubber microporous. This increases its tenacity for heterogeneous winter road surface. Judging by customer reviews, tire wear for four winters is not more than 20%. More owners like the self-cleaning properties of a budget tire that trigger already at a speed of 40 km / h.
According to the editors of the magazine, tires are the best in terms of maneuvering in country winter roads. If there is a track from the truck or a tractor, but you’re out of the way, it’s easy to get out of it due to the high lugs in the shoulder area. Another budget Velcro is notable for the presence of rare sizes R12, which fit on a scooter. Take short trips around the city in winter It will turn out safely on a moped.
- tires do not make noise;
- slight wear;
- reduced fuel consumption;
- excellent snow porridge.
- it is difficult to find many sizes on sale;
- The speed index is limited to 180 km / h.
Toyo Observe Gsi-5
Winter budget “Velcro” from a Japanese manufacturer created with high content of silica in the composition, which provides softness compound. Tires perfectly compensate for rough roads and rough the work of frozen shock absorbers. Rubber is notable for the presence of the composition of innovative components, one of which is bamboo powder. It is a natural absorbent that promotes destruction of the water film on the surface of the tire. Thereby wheel grip on wet surfaces increased. Tread design distinguished by a solid central rib, hexagonal checkers in running area and rectangles on the “shoulders”. Such a configuration provided load withstand up to 670 kg.
Tire experts liked the anti-slip on bare ice. Though it’s Velcro, but technology was used to create it Microbit. It is based on the addition of a fine fraction to the compound. walnut shell being the hardest organic material in nature. Baby forms thousands of microscopic “spikes” holding the rubber in a tight bond with the road.
- soft composition with silica;
- effective braking on wet and dry asphalt;
- load index 670 kg;
- confident acceleration.
- you can not pick up speed above 160 km / h;
- Wash faster than other tires.
Kumho I’Zen KW31
These are tires of the Korean manufacturer, manufactured on production capacity in China, which explains the budget cost. The model is presented for disks 13-19 inches and has profile height from 35 to 70 mm. Tread pattern stands out solid central rib and additional elongated longitudinal blocks. The shoulder area consists of rectangles longer and shorter. All this contributes to exchange rate stability and Helps maintain wheel shape with abrupt changes in direction movement. In 2017, Tut.by Publisher conducted testing tires and found that the budget model dismantles excellent braking on dry asphalt, but easily clogged by loose snow. In the reviews, buyers are pleased with the quiet operation of the tires.
Experts ranked these tires as the best in terms of affordability. for purchase in any region of Russia. Budget item available in many online and offline stores. And of the possible 72 there are more than 50 sizes on sale. Such tires will not be necessary wait for months or book in advance in the summer, and “change shoes” immediately upon the onset of cold weather.
- good braking on a dry road;
- excellent longitudinal grip on rolled snow;
- Do not lose control on ice;
- quiet work.
- speed should not exceed 170 km / h;
- the load index is small – 365 kg;
- long braking distance on wet asphalt;
- easily clogged with wet snow.
Dunlop Winter Maxx WM02
This model, despite the budget, was developed at the assistance of the Japanese company Sumitomo. Manufacturers used 4D Nano Design technology. This implies an ultra-soft compound, which fits bumps on all sides. Riding on such tires very comfortable even on bumps and bumps. Compared to previous series of tires from this brand, the number has been increased here lamellas by 17%, so Velcro dismantles excellent coupling properties. In reviews, drivers report that the tires remain soft, despite the frost -35 degrees.
Experts put the tires in the list of the best among the budget for excellent wear resistance. The composition of the compound added substances retarding rubber aging. Polymers tolerate contact with rough asphalt, concrete roads and stones, protecting the outdoor tire layers at the molecular level. With careful use budget Velcro, they can last up to 10 years.
- Do not “tan” in frost -35 degrees;
- behave well in snow porridge;
- high wear resistance;
- suitable for any type of drive, even full drive.
- start to heat up after 145 km / h;
- the car “floats” during maneuvers (overtaking on the highway) after 150 km / h;
- strong buzz.
Triangle Group TR777
Completes the category of budget tires for winter riding goods from Chinese manufacturer Triangle. Even without any stock value these tires is the cheapest compared to korean or Japanese. Winter tires are available in 160 sizes and are suitable for cars from the smallest class with R13 wheels to large sedans with a rim diameter R19. They have a high load index of 530 kg The maximum permitted speed varies from 190 to 240 km / h. The budget model has an optimized lamella system, which promotes good handling.
According to experts, budget tires are the best because not noise when driving on the highway. To do this, they have a wide the central rib, which has no analogues in the models of competitors. Behind due to a continuous layer of rubber, less air enters the running zone, therefore, no boom is heard in the cabin when speeding up. But such the performance did not affect the towing properties, since the rib is endowed with many undulating lamellas creating additional edges for engagement.
- load index 530 kg;
- effectively remove trapped snow;
- excellent directional stability;
- no hum after 120 km / h.
- weak sidewall;
- long braking distance;
- quick wear – three active seasons.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.