Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Parktronic or parking sensor – a combination of sensitive electronic communication sensors designed to assist the driver in maneuvering in a limited free space. In number Parktronic tasks include warning of the danger of collision with objects by sound signal and distance to alleged interference. Not so long ago, this device required optional installation after purchase: cut out in the bumper technological holes and laying of communication channels (wires and cables) from sensors to the receiver. However now manufacturers cars integrate parking devices directly from the conveyor: this approach avoids outside interference in bodywork integrity, and minimize risk wrong connection.
Due to market oversaturation, constantly updated models parking sensors, car owners often face the problem of choice, because to seek compromises between quality, price and functionality it’s getting harder. The editors of the magazine drew attention to this nuance, and conducted an independent study of the segment. IN As a result of lengthy research, a rating of 14 of the most the best parking sensors, the choice of which was made taking into account the conclusions full-time experts and analysis of consumer reviews.
- How to choose parking sensors
- Rating of the best parking sensors
- Best parking sensors with LED display
- AAALINE LED-14 INSIDE
- PARKCITY Ultra Slim
- SteelMate PTS410M8
- ParkMaster 34-4-A
- AVS PS-128U
- Best parking sensors integrated in the rearview mirror
- SPARK 8M
- Parkmaster 22-4-a
- The best parking sensors with rear view camera
- AVS PS-842U
- ParkMaster 4-ZJ-50 cam
- Sho-Me Y-2835L
- The best parking sensors with a display
- AAALINE LCD-18
- ParkMaster 238
- PARKCITY Paris
How to choose parking sensors
When choosing a parking sensor, we highly recommend Pay attention to seven key signs:
Alert Method. Standard classification option, according to which all parking sensors are divided into three types:
- sound – the principle of their operation is based on the flow intermittent sound when approaching an obstacle. At this, the closer the sensors are to conditional interference, the higher the frequency of repetition of sound impulses, and when reducing the distance in excess of the safe limit, the sound becomes continuous at all. The disadvantage of such a system is obvious: with a large acoustic noise in the passenger compartment (music or loud conversations) the driver may not to respond to the given signal;
- optical – the role of warning elements in this case assigned to LEDs, which (usually) are activated at the moment starting the car in reverse. As the sensors approach with interfering objects, the indicators begin to change color: in the standard version of green indicates the absence of any danger, yellow indicates the beginning of rapprochement with the barrier, and red – about a critical reduction in distance and danger collisions. Optical parking sensors for increased reliability often equipped with a parallel sound system.
- digital – parking sensors characterized by the highest informational content. Their receivers are equipped with an LCD display on which you can see on which side the obstacle is located, and also on which distance. Very often information from the camera is also displayed rear view if the parking radar supports this kind of integration. Like optical parking sensors, such devices are usually include sound alerts to enhance reliability system as a whole.
Mounting method. Installation of parking sensors may produced in three design variations:
- rear parking sensors – installation method involving integration sensors in the rear bumper of the car. Activation of the system as a whole occurs when reversing;
- front parking sensors – installation in the front bumper, and sensors are activated when you press the pedal brakes;
- combined parking sensors – a system that combines principles first two. It reacts both to pressing the brake pedal and to the beginning of the car in reverse. Usually sensors are installed according to the “2 + 4” scheme (two in front and four in back), however the most advanced blind spot monitoring systems are parking sensors with a 4 + 4 circuit.
Type of performance. A very interesting aspect of classification parking sensors, which divides them into two large categories:
- tape – the field of control over rapprochement is formed here by means of a special electromagnetic tape which is glued on bumper base. Very informative, but extremely impractical system: when the tape fails, it needs to be completely replaced.
- standard – control in this case is carried out using discrete sensors mounted in special landing holes on the bumper. More practical to use, since when exiting building one element, the system can continue to work in full-time mode.
The method of data transfer. Like most electronic systems, parking sensors are
- wired – sensors and receiver, through an electronic unit, are connected among themselves by means of wires. Pretty reliable performance, but extremely inconvenient in terms of installation.
- wireless – the electronic unit and the warning system are connected between themselves by radio frequency modules. Data transfer occurs on certain wave frequencies, and in terms of installation, such parking sensors have very significant advantages. However their the disadvantage is expressed in exposure to outside influence on signal and possible intermittent action.
The number of sensors. According to this parameter, on board 2 to 8 sensors can be installed in the car – it all depends from a specific model of parking sensors and customer preferences. Of course, the more tracking elements the device includes, the higher the chances of the driver to avoid unpleasant hassles during parking.
The diameter of the sensors. An especially important parameter when replacing one or more sensors that fail. how As a rule, a special kit is always supplied with the parking sensors. milling cutter with which you can drill holes in bumper car. The size of these holes varies from 18 to 22 millimeters.
Detection distance. Another important aspect of choice, driver-oriented care. Minimum obstacle detection range in modern devices can vary from 10 to 30 centimeters, and the maximum – from 1.5 to 2.5 meters. If you do not have rich driving experience, recommend choosing parking sensors with the widest range detection.
In addition to the mandatory list of parameters, it is worth paying attention and on additional functions of parking radars, such as:
- self-diagnosis capabilities – device in automatic mode checks the sensors, and in the event of a single or a few out of order signals this to the driver;
- volume controls – the presence of control buttons for setting comfortable sound alert level;
- voice dubbing – the standard pulse signal is here replaced by a female or male voice;
- hitch function – a special sensor setting that allows adjust the distance to the obstacle taking into account protruding parts of the car. Also eliminates false triggering;
- connecting a rear view camera is one of the latest integrations, allowing you to track the situation behind the car.
Rating of the best parking sensors
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best parking sensors with LED display||1||AAALINE LED-14 INSIDE||7 320 rub.|
|2||PARKCITY Ultra Slim||4 990 rub.|
|3||SteelMate PTS410M8||5 300 rub.|
|4||ParkMaster 34-4-A||4 850 rub.|
|5||AVS PS-128U||2 889 rub.|
|Best parking sensors integrated in the rearview mirror||1||SPARK 8M||8 120 rub.|
|2||Parkmaster 22-4-a||3 790 rub.|
|The best parking sensors with rear view camera||1||AVS PS-842U||4 990 rub.|
|2||ParkMaster 4-ZJ-50 cam||7 750 rub.|
|3||Sho-Me Y-2835L||3 400 rub.|
|The best parking sensors with a display||1||AAALINE LCD-18||11 973 rub.|
|2||ParkMaster 238||9 490 rub.|
|3||PARKCITY Paris||4 550 rub.|
Best parking sensors with LED display
AAALINE LED-14 INSIDE
Parktronic AAALINE LED-14 is the honorary leader of the rating INSIDE – a kind of iteration of the AVS PS-128U, using internal sensors to minimize the risk of their failure. Digital the indicator got a lot in common with the above model, but added in visibility due to small “cosmetic” changes. The number of sensors did not exceed 4, and they are located on the back to the bumper.
AAALINE LED-14 INSIDE scan distance due to features sensor locations decreased slightly (0.3 – 2.0 meters), however measurement accuracy increased to 1 centimeter, which is good result and suitable for beginners from driving. In conjunction with LED and digital indicators implemented voice system alerts, as well as flexible configuration of touch sensors on distance adjustment relative to protruding body elements. In view of the desire of developers to reduce the cost of the final product was perhaps the biggest miscalculation was made: namely, it didn’t receive implementations of a wireless communication system of the receiver and sensors. However this annoying nuance is leveled by a high degree of reliability device – we are talking about 5-7 years of stable operation.
- internal sensor positioning system;
- reasonable level of cost;
- nice appearance;
- the ability to fine-tune sensors;
- high reliability of the device as a whole.
- lack of wireless connection of work items.
PARKCITY Ultra Slim
PARKCITY Ultra Slim uses a “lightweight” visual concept, very pleasant for users, which partially explains it high popularity. The familiar display scale has become rounded outlines, and only the central segment with digital display remained unchanged. The scanning distance in the model is 0.3 – 2.5 meters – quite standard and found more than once along the way our rating.
Tracking with the parking radar is only subject to the space behind the car, and control is carried out by standard number of sensors – four. The diameter of each of them is 14 millimeters, but the size of the landing hole is 18 millimeters. As with the two previous nominees, the bar can be screwed to the ceiling as a digital display Supports 180 degree rotation. The cost is low, and is the main advantage in the case of PARKCITY Ultra Slim. IN In general, the model is interesting, functional and moderately durable, for which most users love her.
- the possibility of placement on the ceiling;
- Attractive design
- good scanning range;
- a favorable combination of price and quality.
- lack of sound notification.
The third line of the rating goes to … in fact, the full counterpart ParkMaster 34-4-A. The only difference is that the SteelMate model costs about 1 thousand cheaper. In the arsenal of PTS410M8 is listed and the ability to rotate the display of indicators to fix the bar on the ceiling, and the same spacers to compensate for the angle of the bumper, and even the lack of voice support for digital alerts.
Distance scan 4 sensors on the rear bumper here makes 0,3 – 2,5 meters with an error in invariable 10 centimeters. Stability is high, as is quality execution. But self-diagnosis has not been announced – perhaps SteelMate Failed to copy competitors completely. In general, tell there is nothing more: everything else we have already seen, and except as boredom this descriptive spectacle can not cause.
- low purchase price;
- the possibility of hanging the strap on the ceiling (with rotation indicators);
- wide range of scanning;
- available kit for the correct installation of sensors in landing nests.
- lack of sensors on the front bumper.
The essence is the same as the AVS PS-128U, ParkMaster 34-4-A is more expensive and has a slightly later release date, and therefore consumers have not had time to lose relevance yet. But objective “weaknesses” make themselves felt: firstly, unlike the above competitor device can only scan the area behind the car (via 4 sensors), and secondly, the measurement distance at few points less.
However, ParkMaster 34-4-A also has its own unique advantages. This and the ability to turn the display for mounting ceiling strips, and a flexible sensor settings system on triggering, and even self-diagnosis. The sensor kit also has bumper angle compensators that can be affixed and fix in landing holes with a diameter of 18.8 mm. All this and much more forms the final cost of the product at 4.5 thousand rubles (minimum price), comfortable enough for most consumers.
- reasonable level of cost;
- the ability to mount the strap on the roof;
- duplicate digital / indicator board;
- kit for more flexible installation of sensors (compensators angle, spacers, etc.).
- inability to control the front bumper (in comparison with competitors).
As it often happens, over time, market leaders once occupied their positions, giving way to more modern and functional devices due to the notorious obsolescence. Exactly this situation befell the parking sensor AVS PS-128U, prompting users to monitor the situation in front and behind a car. The scanning distance was also at highest level: from 0.3 to 2.5 meters, not taking into account accuracy of measurements.
In parallel with the LED display AVS PS-128U offered only a voice alert, which was more than enough for parking in a turbulent and fussy environment. Despite the fact that the device still showing excellent results, the hype around him began to decay rapidly. Especially after leaving in every sense enchanting AAALINE LED-14 INSIDE – but we still get to it in time. Be that as it may, the former remnant of glory plays a role, and nothing can undo the relevance of the PS-128U even now time.
- wide range of scanning;
- very low price;
- visual display of proximity signs to obstacles.
- a small number of modern options;
- outdated design and fading popularity.
Best parking sensors integrated in the rearview mirror
Laid on parking indicator of the average price segment, which is a worthy alternative to a regular rearview mirror. 8M SPARK System Detects Possible Obstacles not only at the rear, but also at the front of the car, supporting the installation of sensors according to the “4 + 4” scheme. Unfortunately, without a radio module, therefore, it should pretty torment with neat laying of wires through the whole Salon – the benefit is that the reliability of the system allows you to do without replacements and repairs long enough (3 year warranty).
The 8M SPARK detection interval varies from 0.1 to 2.5 meters with a measurement error of up to 10 centimeters. This is the best option for inexperienced drivers who do not feel well cars, but at the same time quite “insidious”, because such an error can play a trick. Diameter of each sensor is 21.5 millimeters – a rather non-standard size, but a milling cutter for mounting holes is included. Also worth mentioning the collaboration of sound and optical alerts, the presence of a sound and memory controller in remote elements.
- optimal level of value;
- long warranty period;
- sensor installation diagram – 4 in front, 4 in back;
- wide range of obstacle detection;
- the presence of sound and optical warning systems.
- a lot of connecting wires.
The parking sensor in the form of a dummy rearview mirror got into ranking of the best as the most affordable and affordable option among their own kind. In the tradition of Parkmaster, 22-4-A is available in various color variations, one way or another suitable for the basic colors of car bodies. Scans the terrain is only behind, and only at a distance of 0.3 to 1.5 meters. But it also has a very accurate sensor calibration, the measurement error of which does not exceed 1 centimeter.
Of the more specific, but therefore no less pleasant features Parkmaster 22-4-A users highlight the synergy of systems digital and voice alerts as well as the ability to self-diagnosis with a warning about the “dump” of one or more sensors. The device is wired, which makes installation very problematic, but with reliability in the long run, everything in order – it is not necessary to engage in a constant search of wires. As a result, the model cannot boast of outstanding workers. parameters, however, it has a couple of top functions. I didn’t let us down and accuracy, which in conjunction with the price is unambiguous benefit.
- high measurement accuracy (error is only 1 centimeter);
- low price per set (varies depending on color sensors);
- there is a self-diagnosis function;
- digital and voice alerts;
- high level of reliability.
- small operating range (0.3 – 1.5 meters).
The best parking sensors with rear view camera
AVS PS-842U is already present in the domestic market quite for a long time, but the high quality brand is still not going to lose. Designed as a 4.3-inch display on a stand, this parking sensors broadcasts video from a camera installed either under glass in the cabin, or taken out of the car. Besides Moreover, the upper part is occupied by a standard digital indicator, which is superimposed over the footage – a controversial idea, because with a cursory glance it is very difficult to separate one from the other. Good, that in this case, manufacturers have provided and a pleasant voice alert.
As for the quantitative performance indicators, the AVS PS-842U is active at a distance of 0.5 to 2.5 meters, giving error of 10 centimeters. Provides Scan exclusively at the rear, believing that the dimensions of the front of the car the driver feels good. The connection is standard, wired, excluding interference, but troublesome with the gasket cables to the cabin. Speaking frankly, this model seems quite boring, but this “boring” provides a high degree of reliability, proven by years of successful sales.
- high quality and reliability, time-tested;
- obstacle detection distance (0.5 – 2.5 meters);
- the presence of a pleasant voice alert;
- the ability to view broadcasts from the rear view camera.
- a digital indicator is superimposed on top of the broadcast video that causes difficulties with visual perception.
ParkMaster 4-ZJ-50 cam
The second line of the rating goes to the mounted parking sensors ParkMaster 4-ZJ-50 cam superior to component leader obstacle detection distances. Here it is from 0.1 to 2.5 meters with an error of not more than 10 centimeters. This parameter left an imprint on the total cost of the model, as well as the “wired” function of diagnostics of serviceability of tracking sensors. There are 4 of them pieces, and each diameter is 22 millimeters.
All things being equal, ParkMaster 4-ZJ-50 owners note and one annoying nuance identified during the operation phase in the conditions heavy traffic. The fact is that digital indication and the video sequence is not accompanied by sound notification, which is why difficult to navigate in space when monitoring is needed situations on the road from several sides. A slight plus in the device’s piggy bank is the presence of memory in the sensors – their detection distance calibration is saved in settings block, which allows you not to resort to it over time. From point Parktronic quality view turned out to be very good, but aspects performance does not allow him to rise to the leader.
- fairly high quality workmanship;
- detection distance from 0.1 to 2.5 meters;
- the availability of self-diagnosis;
- sensor memory effect.
- lack of sound indication;
- a wide range of prices in retail.
One of the most affordable parking sensors with a rearview camera, earned a place in the ranking due to the high demand for retail the market. The built-in Sho-Me Y-2835L display has a diagonal of 3.5 inches, because of which the presence of a rear view camera can be called pure nominal. To analyze what is happening behind the car, the driver you need to look pretty at the picture, leaving control over the situation on the other side to chance.
4 are responsible for the accuracy of determining obstacles in the way of a car standard sensors sensitive enough for budget models. The notification range in them is from 0.3 to 2.5 meters, with an error within 10 centimeters. In addition to video footage Sho-Me Y-2835L is equipped with a sound notification system – not the most pleasant, but giving an understanding of how close the interfering parking facility. Needless to say, in this case, about leadership is impossible – even the top models from Sho-Me do not reach so high status. However, the fact of popular love is obvious: The Y-2835L is purchased almost as often as the AVS PS-842U.
- low price;
- proper operation of sensors (high sensitivity);
- warning at a distance of 0.3 to 2.5 meters;
- the presence of a sound supply system.
- the camera is added to the list of features often nominally – because small display and permission to consider the situation behind the car is not always seems possible.
The best parking sensors with a display
Indisputable leadership in the ranking of parking sensors with a display deserves AAALINE LCD-18 – a device that combines everything warning principles and added to them much greater visibility. Four-color color display with digital display distance, as well as tracking blind spots, is recognized users as the most convenient among their own kind. Monitoring situation happens front and rear of the car thanks arrangement of sensors according to the “4 + 4” scheme.
The obstacle detection range in AAALINE LCD-18 is 2 meters, and the minimum distance to the barrier is limited an indicator of 0.3 meters. This is not bad, even considering 10 centimeter error. In general, out of the whole advanced technologies, this parking sensors only wireless – the number of wires and the need for them neat laying is very annoying. In terms of price and quality, this model fits into the category of the best in everything segment, and in terms of reliability significantly bypasses the nearest competitors.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- obstacle detection distance (0.3 – 2.0 meters);
- 8 touch sensors included;
- presence of “smart” indication, control of blind spots and voice Alerts
- plenty of wires.
The second place in the ranking goes to the magnificent from a visual point of view. Parktaster Parkmaster 238 black and white style with a wide selection of colors for masking sensors. It provides the ability to control the blind zones both front and rear, activating sensors by pressing the pedal brakes or when reversing a car. Detection distance and alarm at the same time is a very modest 0.3 – 1.5 meters. But the accuracy of measurements is beyond praise: the magnitude of the possible The error is only 1 centimeter.
Of the additional features of ParkMaster, 238 users highlight the presence of self-diagnosis, which in the case of eight sensors is very useful thing. It’s good that the visual part got sound tracking – all notifications from the device are voiced pleasant, not in an annoying voice. The quality of work is not satisfactory, equal as is the durability of use. Cost in this case too to match expectations, but tend to have large variations in retail market conditions.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- high degree of durability;
- extremely accurate distance measurement (error does not exceed 1 centimeter);
- the availability of self-diagnosis.
- plenty of wires.
- modest range of detection of obstacles.
Extremely cheap representative of display parking sensors, up to for some time occupied exclusively leading positions in all kinds of consumer ratings. PARKCITY Paris offers users to monitor the driving conditions behind the car through 4 sensors, each of which sends a signal to dynamic receiver interface. In this case, the detection distance and obstruction alarm ranges from 0.3 to 2.5 meters with an error of 10 centimeters.
The main advantage of PARKCITY Paris over its competitors is a wireless type of connection. Installation is made by simply milling seats with a diameter of 18 millimeters on the bumper, as well as the subsequent activation of the unit signal indications. With this digital alert here duplicated by voice commands with the ability to configure volume. All control indicators are displayed in a blue field. display, which also adds clarity and some kind of diversity. From the position of “price / quality” this parking sensors is the most the best market offer, albeit in a number of aspects and inferior to more complex competitors.
- the presence of wireless communication between sensors and receiver;
- wide range of warning of approaching interference;
- intuitive interface;
- high popularity among consumers;
- The best device in terms of price and quality.
- allows you to control the situation only behind the car.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.