Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Liquefied gas is much more profitable than gasoline or diesel fuel, so now not only taxi drivers, but even owners of prestigious foreign cars are switching to it. The octane number of the propane-butane mixture is higher (about 105), so the engine runs smoother and quieter. To organize the transfer of blue fuel from a liquid to a gaseous state and supply it to the combustion chambers of the engine, gas equipment (LPG) is used. It includes a tank with a valve, lines, a filter, a reducer with two chambers, a second valve and electronics that control. We have prepared a rating of the leading HBO manufacturers, which will help you see the pros and cons of their products. The TOP-13 is based on the reviews of the installation masters and car owners, as well as the characteristics of the goods.
- Rating of the best manufacturers of gas equipment (LPG)
Rating of the best manufacturers of gas equipment (LPG)
|Rating of the best manufacturers of gas equipment (LPG)||1||Lovato||5.0|
The first place in the rating is taken by the manufacturer, who is on everyone's lips when it comes to gas equipment for cars. The brand appeared in Italy in 1958. Now Lovato exports its products to 50 countries of the world, and the dealer network covers not only large cities. During the year, the manufacturer produces up to 1 million items included in the vehicle's LPG device. Now on the market you can find both 2nd generation and 6th generation gas equipment. The differences between the systems lie in the principles of switching from one type of fuel to another and the principles of supplying gas to the engine. The membrane unit is housed in a compact body that can easily fit under the hood of even a small car.
We put the LPG manufacturer in the first place in the rating, as the gas equipment is very customizable. There are many reviews of the masters on the forums about this. Gearboxes with multivalves and electronics are praised for easy adjustment of fuel consumption, idle speed and the temperature of the transition from petrol to gas.
- all components are invariably made in Italy;
- LPG equipment undergoes thorough control and tests;
- there are markings on each node;
- LPG gas injectors are designed for 300,000 km of operation;
- recall whole lots from sale upon detection of defects.
- sometimes the motor can twitch;
- there are errors in the injector control relay;
- few certified specialists issuing a guarantee;
- high price.
The second position in the rating of gas equipment manufacturers is behind BRC. This is an Italian company that pioneered the development of HBO in Europe. The brand is so well known that some car factories conclude direct contracts for the installation of LPG equipment immediately into new cars. You can buy a gearbox, emulator and injectors separately in any city in Russia. These are premium products that are reliable and durable. The manufacturer produces Stako cylinders certified in the Russian Federation. In the company's catalog there are systems MY07 and MY10, which are classified as 3rd and 4th generation (Euro 3-4). For complete automation and increased savings, there is Direct Ingection with EURO 5 and 6 standards.
The manufacturer has been added to the rating for the fastest gas injectors. HBO injectors from BRC are named IN-3. They are solid metal and very hardy. The response time of the LPG electronics is read from the engine ECU, so there are no delays in signal transmission (the car works like on gasoline). The injectors are also capable of self-adjusting to the engine speed and other indicators. The injection time is adjustable from 0.5 to 5 ms.
- secure signal transmission algorithm;
- gas equipment is produced in Italy;
- stable work even at temperatures of -45 degrees;
- long service life – 300 thousand km;
- high maintainability.
- weak technical support;
- high price;
- sometimes the car stalls when switching fuel.
In third place in the rating is a domestic manufacturer that has been producing HBO since 2006. The young company positions its LPG equipment as maximally adapted to operation in the Russian realities. The first developments were the M-4 and M-8 kits. In 2011, the company introduced an economical line called the Alpha S-4, which made it possible to switch to gas at a minimal cost. The manufacturer is constantly working on updating the software to improve the reliability and stability of the gas equipment. An updated version of the MS-015 firmware was recently released to enable new features. In 2017, the company entered into a cooperation agreement with the Italian AEB, which contributed to the improvement of product quality.
We rated the manufacturer for ergonomics. Its gearboxes are much more compact than competitors and can be easily placed in the engine compartment even in the most unconventional places. Emulators and electronic control units are made in thin cases, which can be installed if desired in the salon – they do not spoil the view. The button for gas reserve control and switching (square) is also much smaller than that of other LPG manufacturers.
- can be installed even on turbocharged cars;
- cascade system calibration;
- attractive price;
- working resource up to 150,000 km;
- metal case with protection against moisture.
- a high percentage of defects – every third part has to be changed under warranty;
- closed source – harder to adjust in a randomly selected workshop
- without maintenance (mileage is set by the manufacturer), the car refuses to run on gas.
In the ranking of the best there was also a place for the Dutch company 'Prince'. Initially, the manufacturer produced LPG equipment with a focus on the German automotive market, so the electronics, gearbox configuration and other components were developed for the German automotive industry. In this country, the share of gasified cars with Prins equipment is 60-80%. The company also focused on premium car models, so it will be more difficult to choose a kit for a VAZ in its catalog. The manufacturer is actively developing new generations of LPG and now its catalog contains many variants of generations 5 and 6 units, in which gas is supplied to the cylinders in liquid form. This eliminates the need to install a bulky gearbox with a membrane.
We marked the manufacturer in the rating of the best due to cooperation with such concerns as VAG and Mazda. If you are a supporter of gas equipment, then you can buy a prestigious Volkswagen or Mazda, with TSI or SkayActiv engines with LPG pre-installed, from this manufacturer. The concern directly cooperates with automotive giants, mounting their gearboxes on the assembly line.
- individual service mode;
- does not need additional settings after installation;
- promotes excellent traction;
- there are sets of Euro 5 and 6;
- one gearbox for motors 0.7 and 6.0 liters.
- gas equipment is not installed on cars manufactured before 2007;
- high price;
- when the mixture is depleted, the consumption increases.
The top five of the rating includes the Polish manufacturer Stag. The company produces HBO of the second and fourth generation at an affordable price. The company has been present in the automotive market for over 30 years. The share of exported products is 60%. Stag products are sold in 50 countries around the world. The manufacturer specializes not only in LPG systems, but also offers its customers options with CNG. The company has its own department for the production of electronics. Some components that are not produced in Poland are purchased by the concern from Italy. Motorists in their reviews like the price of Polish HBO, which is twice as affordable as Italian.
According to our experts, the manufacturer has earned a place in the rating for two reasons. First, the line from the cylinder to the reducer is always made of metal. This reliably protects against liquid gas leaks. Such tubes last longer and are less likely to fray from vibration when in contact with the body. Secondly, the screw for adjusting the flow rate of LPG is placed on the end of the gearbox and it is easier to approach it (from other manufacturers it is from below or shifted to the side).
- affordable cost of gas equipment;
- smooth switching from one type of fuel to another;
- sound notification about the end of the gas supply;
- in summer, you can immediately start on gas by holding down the button in the cabin;
- consumption compared to gasoline is 1: 1.
- at subzero temperatures, it is impossible to start on gas immediately;
- 4th generation for switching requires engine speed from 1500 per minute;
- protective shields do not fully reach the nozzles on the ramp;
- the nozzles are bored into the engine, so when the machine is sold, they cannot be removed.
Another Italian manufacturer OMVL, part of the Westport Fuel Systems holding, is ranked sixth in the ranking. The company is actively developing technologies for converting vehicles to petroleum gas (a by-product of oil refining), natural gas, compressed gas, biogas and hydrogen. The Russian plant GAZ has entered into an agreement with the company to install LPG equipment on GAZelle cars with premium equipment. The manufacturer managed to develop the technology of direct injection of LNG, which is now used on heavy equipment, so you can even install gas equipment from this company on a dump truck or bulldozer.
The manufacturer is included in the rating of the best, because it produces HBO not only for propane, but also for methane. This requires the manufacture of more durable cylinders (methane does not go into the liquid phase, but remains a high pressure gas). Reducers for working with methane and electronic components are easy to operate and reliable, and car owners, thanks to such gas equipment, can save even more on fuel.
- high speed nozzles;
- adaptation of gas equipment to harsh conditions;
- direct partner of the GAZ concern;
- HBO for cars and trucks, as well as special equipment.
- does not hold idle speed well with a full cylinder;
- sometimes the engine twitches and troit;
- The internal combustion engine is slowly gaining momentum.
The seventh position in the rating of the best is assigned to the next Italian manufacturer of LPG, which began its activity in 1984. Now it is the world leader in the production of gas-powered automobile equipment, which is of high quality and reliability. The manufacturer has been tested in the centers of standardology and has certificates from EN, ISO, Vision, UNI. The company was one of the first to invent a processor for LPG injection, which completely replaces the 'brains' of the gasoline system. Now the concern is working on ignition timing variators. The masters in the reviews like that the manufacturer has LPG nozzles, divided into groups with three units in each. This makes it possible to quickly equip engines with six cylinders with gas equipment, regardless of the configuration of the internal combustion engine (in-line or V-shaped).
We have put the company in the rating because of the high quality electronics. In order for the LPG to work properly, the ECU must clearly read the signals from the engine and transmit them to the injectors. The manufacturer AEB is distinguished by reliable electronic models that are constantly being improved.
- significant savings in fuel consumption;
- productivity increase;
- certificates from UNI, EN. ISO, Vision;
- convenient adjustment of the flow rate on the reducer;
- injector blocks for six-cylinder engines.
- with the additional injection function, gasoline consumption is 3 liters per 100 km;
- sometimes 'Check' lights up;
- sometimes the blue fuel injection is out of phase.
The Italian manufacturer continues our rating again. The Tomasetto company was founded in 1982 and now its headquarters are located 70 km from Venice. The company specializes in the manufacture of gas equipment for working with methane and propane. New investments are constantly attracted for the development of electronic units and gas injectors. The range of products includes systems of the 2nd, 4th and 5th generations. The company actively produces multivalves with mechanical and electromagnetic control.
Our experts have included the manufacturer in the rating due to the release of the Artic compact gearbox. The model is cast from aluminum under pressure and has dimensions of 120x125x105 mm. Despite its small size, the main part of the LPG unit already contains a propane preheating chamber and a valve. The equipment can be used at temperatures up to -20 degrees. Reviews indicate that this is a simple and reliable design that will regularly serve 10-15 years. From time to time, it is only necessary to change the membrane and fine filter, as well as drain the condensate.
- easy to change the fine filter from above;
- reliable membrane;
- in the warm season, you can start without gasoline;
- made entirely in Italy;
- there are valves and valves for methane.
- it is inconvenient to reach the side of the cleaning of the contacts of the electromagnetic coil;
- the valve core is difficult to disassemble;
- condensate drain plug in an inconvenient place.
The ninth in the ranking is the Turkish manufacturer Atiker. The company is engaged in the production of full cycle gas equipment and does not use spare parts from other companies. Most of all, the manufacturer focuses on the 4th generation gas equipment, designed for most injection machines. Even if you have a plastic intake manifold, fitting the injectors is no problem. Car owners who install gas equipment with their own hands report in reviews that HBO from this manufacturer is being sold fully equipped. You don't have to buy anything to work. The transition from gasoline to propane is carried out when the antifreeze reaches a temperature of 43 degrees. If necessary, in the 4th generation, you can hold down the button in the cabin and start the internal combustion engine immediately on gas.
The manufacturer deserves a place in the ranking due to the attractive cost of HBO. The design of the gearboxes was copied from the Italian Lovato, but the product costs much less. Filters and rubber bands are completely suitable from brand manufacturers. It turns out that by installing such a HBO, you can eventually replace the membrane from Lovato and get Italian quality in a Turkish case.
- ready-made factory kits are sold – no need to buy anything;
- interchangeability of spare parts from other brands;
- can be started directly on propane;
- affordable price.
- there is a 10% loss of ICE power;
- tight filling valve – at low pressure at the filling, it will not work to fill propane into the tank.
The top ten rating is closed by the manufacturer Digitron. This brand is known in Russia, South America, Asia, and some European countries. The company's catalog contains about 2000 options for kits, from which you can choose the one suitable for a passenger car of small, medium and large class. There are only 2% of cars in the world (rare racing specimens) for which it is impossible to select a gearbox and an electronic control unit from this manufacturer. On the official website you can register your HBO and check its authenticity. The company has a quality certificate ISO 9001-2011. The reviews especially praise the 3D Power system, which is compact and stable in operation.
The manufacturer replenished the rating of the best thanks to the release of HBO, designed to maintain the increased power of the engines. It's no secret that classic gas equipment 'steals' from 10 to 30% of hp, and this can become critical for some car models. The same manufacturer has developed a system for the GDI internal combustion engine with direct injection and 192 hp, which is not lost when switching to propane. With such equipment, you can drive on a gas mixture and not feel the difference with gasoline.
- four-stage quality control system;
- export to 8 countries of the world;
- there are kits for 98% of car models;
- gas equipment for diesels and gasoline engines;
- up to 100,000 sets are sold each year.
- sometimes the motor stalls;
- there are fakes of models out of service;
- with a cold internal combustion engine, there is uneven operation on a propane-butane mixture.
The SEC brand, under which gas car equipment is produced, belongs to the Polish company Lecho. The company's products are the perfect compromise of price and quality. The injection system fully complies with international standards, but does not require complex maintenance. The dimensions of the LPG gearbox allow it to be installed in the corner of the engine compartment to provide easy access to the filter and condensate drain. Owners in the reviews like the 'brains' of gas equipment, which are housed in a thin case. The Mini SEC system can be attached to the partition between the bonnet and the cab or directly in the cabin.
Our experts appreciated the simplicity of setting the gas map of the equipment of this manufacturer, for which they added it to the rating of the best. Here is the simplest picture with the setting of the injector opening time, which is based on the values set by the petrol control unit. But this may not be required at all, since the 'smart' system itself calibrates the operation of the equipment depending on the clogging of the filter, the quality of the spark plugs and other changing parameters.
- attractive price;
- easy installation;
- adaptation to driving style;
- compact dimensions of the ECU unit;
- automatic calibration.
- you cannot find spare parts everywhere;
- tight valves at the inlet to the cylinder.
In the penultimate place in the ranking is the Polish manufacturer Autogaz Centrum, which produces gas equipment under the Zenit brand. The company began its activity in 1998. Manufacturing facilities are located in Poland and Italy. Has its own laboratory for scientific experiments. The distribution network covers more than 50 countries of the world. The developed systems include: Pro, Compact, Pro OBD. The line of the 4th generation of LPG equipment is considered one of the most successful in terms of response speed and fuel consumption. To develop the electronic control unit, the manufacturer collaborated with the well-known company Autronik, which contributed to the high quality of the emulator. Customer reviews indicate that the owners like the adequate price of HBO and the variety of installation options.
We decided to include the manufacturer in the rating, since the gas equipment of this company can be installed on any car. There are options here even for carburetor cars, HBO-2 for simple injectors and the more functional EURO-4 for premium cars.
- ECU is protected from overheating;
- compatibility with most OBD standards;
- control of characteristics at every stage of production;
- reliable operation of HBO.
- poor protection of the control module housing from water;
- with combined simultaneous fuel supply, gasoline may not completely burn.
The Lithuanian manufacturer Tamoha concludes our rating. The company was founded in 2000 and its headquarters are located in Vilnius. The company specializes in the production of electronics for LPG. Among ECUs, two types are common: Styx and Tgstream. Both have positive reviews online. They keep a separate record of the fuel card when working on petrol and gas. The feed is adjusted based on the data from the pressure and temperature sensors. The system is able to test the sensors itself during operation, and if a faulty element is found, it turns off so as not to disrupt the operation of the internal combustion engine and get to the repair station. Each injector can be adjusted individually, which not all competitors' ECUs are capable of.
The company is included in the rating for the production of high-quality and reliable control units for gas equipment. If you want to assemble LPG on a car with your own hands and at the lowest price, then you will not find a better ECU unit. Taking injectors and reducer from trusted Italian brands, but combining them with Tamoha 'brains', you get a reliable system and save 40% compared to buying a kit from Lovato.
- assembly of all equipment on an automatic line;
- 90% of goods are exported to Europe and Asia;
- no overpayment for the name;
- acceptable reliability;
- soft work of the motor.
- there are fakes with similar names;
- do not produce injectors and reducers.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.