Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The only reliable head protection for motorcycle and ATV owners while riding is a helmet. This applies not only to riders, but also to fans of leisurely driving. After all, it is impossible to predict emergency situations on the road. Today, the widest range of motorcycle helmets is presented on the domestic market. Some of them are very popular, others have received expert approval for their good technical characteristics. How to choose reliable and durable protection for motorcycle enthusiasts?
- Recommendations for choosing a helmet for motorcycles
- Rating of the best helmets for motorcycles and ATVs
- AGV Pista Gp R Agv Glossy Carbon
- ARAI QV-PRO GoldWing
- SHOEI GT-Air WANDERER2
- HJC Flip Up HJC RPHA 90 RABRIGO
- Icon Airframe Pro Construct
- AIROH COMMANDER
- SHARK RIDILL THREEZY MAT KWG
- Afx FX39 Se
- AIROH J-106
- SHARK OPENLINE PRIME BLK
- CABERG MODUS SILVER XS
- O'Neal Sonus Strike
Recommendations for choosing a helmet for motorcycles
Varieties of helmets. You should start selecting a motorcycle helmet by studying the varieties of this accessory.
- The most popular version for motorcyclists is the FullFace line. It is distinguished by the maximum degree of protection and excellent aerodynamics. The design fully protects the head and face. In addition, FullFace helmets can be used in conjunction with neck protectors. Such items can be seen on both urban motorcyclists and professional athletes.
- The Flip Up design has much in common with the above line. It is popularly called a modulator. The difference is the folding front part together with the “chin”. This gives an advantage in the speed of removal, and the rider can drink water without completely removing the helmet. Most often, modulators are bought by travel lovers and supporters of a comfortable ride. But the movable base increases the weight of the structure.
- Braincap helmets have several common names (“bowler hat”, “helmet”, “three-quarter”). The line of these products has an open face. Although recently there have been modifications with a visor or visor. Braincap is bought by owners of cruise bikes, choppers, scooters and mopeds. But some models do not have a safety certificate, and even riding in such helmets involves moderate speeds.
- On cross helmets, the front part has a characteristic elongation. This is done to facilitate breathing during high physical exertion of athletes. The long visor protects the rider's face from bright light, dirt and water. A special mask can be used as a visor. Cross-country helmets are bought by fans of ATVs and stunt riding. Some modifications are equipped with a movable chin part.
- Snowmobile helmets differ from classic designs in a number of ways. First, the visor has a two-layer structure. This approach allows you to successfully combat fogging. Secondly, some manufacturers equip their products with heated visors. And, finally, there is a special channel in the structure for air outlet from the inside of the helmet.
The main factors when choosing. To choose the right motorcycle helmet, experts advise you to stick to the following pattern.
- First you need to decide on the model, starting from the driving style and personal preferences.
- Next comes the choice of design. The FullFace helmet is matched to the sports bike, the Braincap is matched to the chopper.
- Price shouldn't be the main factor. If you can save money on motor vehicles, then safety should come first. To save a little without sacrificing health, you can choose a single color.
We've handpicked 12 of the best motorcycle and ATV helmets to review. All of them are sold on the domestic market. When compiling the rating, the opinion of experts and reviews of Russian motorcyclists were taken into account.
Rating of the best helmets for motorcycles and ATVs
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best helmets for motorcycles and ATVs||1||AGV Pista Gp R Agv Glossy Carbon||RUB 93,000|
|2||ARAI QV-PRO GoldWing||49 760|
|3||SHOEI GT-Air WANDERER2||RUB 42,679|
|4||HJC Flip Up HJC RPHA 90 RABRIGO||RUB 21 850|
|5||Icon Airframe Pro Construct||RUB 37 360|
|6||AIROH COMMANDER||RUB 21,440|
|7||SHARK RIDILL THREEZY MAT KWG||RUB 16 800|
|8||Afx FX39 Se||RUB 12,599|
|9||AIROH J-106||RUB 15 840|
|10||SHARK OPENLINE PRIME BLK||RUB 12,000|
|11||CABERG MODUS SILVER XS||RUB 15,990|
|12||O'Neal Sonus Strike||RUB 7,030|
AGV Pista Gp R Agv Glossy Carbon
The AGV Pista Gp R Agv Glossy Carbon helmet was created with the active participation of Moto GP racing champion Valentino Rossi. The model was also tested by a famous racer. A distinctive feature of the helmet is the maximum viewing angle and reliable protection of the human head. The experts appreciated both the convenience of the accessory and the good fit. But even with a snug fit, the rider does not feel in a confined space. The helmet distributes the shock load over the entire surface. For the high degree of protection and innovative manufacturing technology, the FEM model becomes the winner of our rating.
Domestic motorcyclists note the professional quality of the AGV Pista Gp helmet, the high level of safety and excellent visibility. The only disadvantages are the high price.
- maximum viewing angle;
- comfortable fit;
- shock load distribution;
- quality workmanship.
- high price.
ARAI QV-PRO GoldWing
The ARAI QV-PRO GoldWing road and city helmet was created on the basis of the famous sports version of the RX-7V. Experts have found that most of the characteristics of these two models are similar, which allows them to reach a wide range of motorcycle fans. The manufacturer thoughtfully reacted to the ventilation of the helmet. The aerodynamics were improved by lengthening the upper channels and increasing air intakes. You don't even have to take off your gloves to adjust the air flow. For an enlarged visor with an effective sun protection system, the model receives a silver in our rating.
Users praise the helmet for its quality workmanship and reliable protection for the rider. Among the shortcomings, there is a problematic removal of the visor, the unreliability of the deflectors and air intakes.
- thoughtful ventilation;
- ease of adjustment;
- enlarged visor;
- effective sun protection.
- it is difficult to remove the visor;
- flimsy deflectors.
SHOEI GT-Air WANDERER2
The SHOEI GT-Air WANDERER2 helmet has a whole set of positive characteristics. This is great ventilation, an effective sun visor, a Pinlock comfort tab. The model is ideal for both everyday travel and long trips. The high strength of the product is provided by the AIM body made of multi-composite and carbon fibers. The helmet is well cushioned by a multi-layer EPS padding. The model has passed the international certification ECE 22/05 and ACU. The manufacturer took care of the quick removal of the helmet with one movement of the head in case of an emergency. The product receives the bronze in our rating.
Domestic motorcyclists speak flatteringly about the SHOEI GT-Air WANDERER2 motorcycle helmet. They praise it for its reliability and convenience. Of the shortcomings, a lot of weight can be distinguished.
- high strength;
- good ventilation;
- comfortable fit;
- quick removal in case of an accident.
- great weight.
HJC Flip Up HJC RPHA 90 RABRIGO
The HJC Flip Up HJC RPHA 90 RABRIGO helmet has unique properties. This is the lightest version of the HJC range (1380 g). The manufacturer has managed to reduce weight due to a compact body made of proprietary P.I.M + material. The lining is not only pleasant to the touch, it is easily disassembled for subsequent washing. Built-in glasses effectively protect the rider's eyes from the sun. At the height of the helmet and noise isolation, which allows you to listen to music while driving. The experts appreciated the system of raising and lowering the lower “jaw” with secure fixation in both positions.
The only drawback that prevented the helmet from climbing higher in our ranking is the inconveniently located tab for raising the visor. It is difficult to find it with gloves.
- light weight;
- comfortable lining;
- effective eye protection from the sun;
- clear fixation of the “jaw”.
- the visor retainer is inconveniently located.
Icon Airframe Pro Construct
The American company Icon creates brutal motorcycle helmets. In keeping with this tradition, the Airframe Pro Construct has been produced. Experts note the maximum strength of the case and the inner filling with a germicidal coating. The lining distributes evenly and effectively absorbs shock. The manufacturer also took care of ventilation, for this there are 9 channels in the helmet. In addition, the visor is anti-fog, and it only takes a few seconds to replace it. The model ranks fifth in our ranking.
Russian motorcycle enthusiasts like the strength of the shell, the efficiency of ventilation and the ability to adapt to the shape of the head. Of the minuses, there is a leaky fit of the visor.
- brutal style;
- bactericidal coating of the lining;
- strong “shell”;
- the visor changes quickly.
- water seeps along the inner surface of the visor.
Advanced technical solutions were implemented when creating the AIROH COMMANDER motorcycle helmet. The model is distinguished by its attractive appearance and is offered to the consumer in two versions. For driving on the road, the modification with a visor and sunglasses is perfect. If the rider spends most of his time on country or forest roads, then the configuration with a visor without a visor looks optimal. Experts drew attention to the possibility of installing a wireless headset Bluetooth. For the three-point ventilation system and the latest manufacturing technologies, the helmet gets into the TOP-6 of our rating.
Users are satisfied with the combination of lightness and strength, versatility. Among the shortcomings, there is a non-overlapping ventilation duct in the jaw.
- the ability to connect a headset Bluetooth;
- light weight.
- reduces cheekbones in cold weather.
SHARK RIDILL THREEZY MAT KWG
The RIDILL THREEZY MAT KWG model is a novelty in the range of motorcycle helmets from the French manufacturer SHARK. She replaced the popular S700 helmet. Among the advantages, experts focus on optimized ventilation CFD, quick-release fastening of the Quick Visor Exchange, strong “shell”, injection molded. The visor has a thickness of 2.2 mm, a special antiscratch coating is applied to the outer surface to protect it from scratches. For the manufacture of the lining, a microfiber was chosen, which can be thrown into the washing machine. The product weighs 1550 g, which is slightly higher than that of the leaders of the rating.
The model has several disadvantages noted by domestic motorcyclists. This is a narrow view and quick wear of the insides.
- good ventilation;
- strong shell;
- resistance of the visor to scratches;
- easy care.
- the insides wear out quickly;
- narrowish overview.
Afx FX39 Se
For riding motorcycles in winter, the Afx FX39 Se helmet is perfect. The American manufacturer has thought over the design to the smallest detail, taking into account the low air temperature. The model has an electric heated visor, a breath cutoff, and an aerodynamic body. The experts liked the free space in the ear area, which allows for the use of a motorcycle headset. The lining of the helmet is made of hypoallergenic material, it can be easily removed and washed. The ventilation system consists of 9 ports. The removable visor can be used with cross masks. The model deservedly gets into our rating.
Users are satisfied with the low price and original design. Complaints go to the seal, which lets cold air through.
- heated visor;
- adjustable breath cutoff;
- free space near the ears;
- affordable price.
- poor seal.
For motorcyclists who spend a lot of time on city streets, the AIROH J-106 helmet is addressed. It weighs only 1340 g, thanks to the use of thermoplastic, the manufacturer managed to reduce the weight of the product. The chin piece is easily dismantled, turning the model into an open motorcycle helmet. The experts liked the effective noise isolation and the built-in visor with a reliable lifting mechanism. To protect the visor from scratches, there is a special coating, the element is prepared for gluing with PINLOCK. The ninth place in our ranking is explained only by a narrow field of application.
Users also report this in their reviews. The model is great for the city when traveling 300 km. Slight image distortion is observed at the edges of the visor. The rest of the helmet deserves only flattering words.
- light weight;
- easy transformation;
- reliable mechanism for lifting the visor;
- scratch-resistant visor.
- narrow scope.
SHARK OPENLINE PRIME BLK
The SHARK OPENLINE PRIME BLK helmet looks like a decent modulator in the budget segment. It has a durable die-cast body, multi-piece lining, built-in anti-scratch coated sun glass. The manufacturer has provided for the possibility of installing snowmobile glass, which expands the scope. The folding jaw is equipped with a metal fastening mechanism. Experts appreciated the quality of the helmet, which was reflected in its weight (1750 g). The advantages of the helmet include a comfortable buckle and multi-channel ventilation. The model is included in the top ten motorcycle helmets in our rating.
Users found such imperfections of the helmet as air getting into the eye area, condensation on the visor.
- strong shell;
- multilayer lining;
- reliable chin attachment mechanism;
- multichannel ventilation.
- the visor sweats;
- blowing air into the eyes.
CABERG MODUS SILVER XS
The experts say the CABERG MODUS SILVER XS is an example of the quality and thoughtfulness of a modular helmet. For the manufacture of the case, the manufacturer used a high-tech thermoplastic. It differs not only in impact resistance, but also in abrasion resistance. The helmet is equipped with a unique helmet opening mechanism, thanks to which it was possible to reduce the size of the chin part. The model is equipped with two visors, transparent is considered the main one, and the darkened one is additional. The weight of the helmet is between 1600-1700 g depending on the size. All lining parts are removable and machine washable.
Russian motorcyclists note the helmet's balance and comfort. One of the significant drawbacks is ventilation, in cold weather with a closed window the visor sweats.
- good quality;
- shortened lower jaw;
- two visors;
- comfortable lining.
- ineffective ventilation.
O'Neal Sonus Strike
The O'Neal Sonus Strike model has the lowest price and weight among motorcycle helmets in our rating. The manufacturer managed to achieve lightness (1100 g) due to the use of ABS material. But the experts included the helmet in the review not only for these qualities. First, the product exceeds the EN1078 safety standard. Second, the rider's head feels comfortable thanks to the sweat-absorbing lining. The pluses also include durable multi-graphics, with transparent scratch protection. The visor is height adjustable, and magnetic buckles are used to secure the helmet.
Despite the fact that the model is considered a bicycle helmet, domestic motorcyclists also use it. Of course, discomfort occurs at high speeds, so the scope of the helmet is limited.
- low price;
- durable body;
- comfortable fit.
- limited scope;
- short-lived lining.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.